Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Astrid
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 6 2009, 11:32 AM) *
Like Xander, here.

My dad's Starkadder family are all mentals or bigamists. Best not to ask really. No royality tucked away in there. I keep wanting him to get the Y-DNA test about Vikings. Would explain a lot.

David Mitchell is lovely. I should watch this one.

Well I know that on my mum's side, we're off Border Reivers. So we come a raiding! But at least it was both sides of the Border we stole from. happy.gif

Tee hee - that spoof is brilliant. laugh.gif

David is lovely. My mum always says 'Doesn't he have lovely eyes?'

Ax
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Rua @ Aug 6 2009, 10:58 AM) *
So it's finally got rid of Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet?
That was comically ridiculous.

Britain's Got Talent nicked it so it became even more comical.*

Not sure about the new one, though. I keep expecting a report on knife crime and the situation in Iran to run along the bottom when it finishes.

* Just spotted Sostie mentioned it already.
Rua
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 6 2009, 11:36 AM) *
It's a long way from "Beaver Patrol".

Heh heh. Indeed.

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 6 2009, 11:46 AM) *
Not sure about the new one, though. I keep expecting a report on knife crime and the situation in Iran to run along the bottom when it finishes.

You've tweaked my interest Kelly. Shall have a listen when I get home.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Astrid @ Aug 6 2009, 11:44 AM) *
My mum always says 'Doesn't he have lovely eyes?'

Hence the Caitlin Moran quote in the other thread about gypsy violinists. I need to catch-up on the last series of Look.

I am glad intelligent sketch shows are returning - what with this and A&M and several young 'uns. Although Footlights must have had a shit load of presidents. They all get that credit. I went to Scumbag College so I wouldn't know.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Rua @ Aug 6 2009, 11:49 AM) *
You've tweaked my interest Kelly. Shall have a listen when I get home.

It's here just over a minute in... new tune.

That sounds jazzier, though. I'm sure the one I heard last night was more downbeat. unsure.gif
Sostie
Corrie just used "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" by The Smiths. Odd.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 7 2009, 07:49 PM) *
Corrie just used "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" by The Smiths. Odd.

I have a version of that by Muse, it's really good.
Zoe
I bet it's not.

Have you heard their new single? Sounds like the Doctor Who theme.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 7 2009, 09:39 PM) *
I bet it's not.

Have you heard their new single? Sounds like the Doctor Who theme.

It is! And I haven't!
PrincessKate
The snotty bride with the false lashes on Four Weddings reminds me of a plug-ugly version of my friend Nicola which makes me sad.
And The Kevin Bishop Show is still poop but I'm happy with their technique of stripping Karen Gillan off everytime there's a particularly shitty sketch.
Astrid
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Aug 10 2009, 09:33 PM) *
The snotty bride with the false lashes on Four Weddings reminds me of a plug-ugly version of my friend Nicola which makes me sad.

Oh cripes she was awful. Badly applied massive false eyelashes just looked stupid. I got so sick of seeing her scrunch up her face all the time, moaning at everything. Was glad she didn't win.

Ax
gulfcoast_highwayman
In Ugly Betty:

Poor Cliff! I hope that he forgives Mark, although I'm not sure Mark deserves it. And I loved the evil Wilhemena bits. She lurks better than anyone.
gulfcoast_highwayman
The Walking Dead coming to TV?

Might be any good. I hope they are true to their word and stick closely to the original text.
PrincessKate
G.O.L.D are showing Maid Marion from the beginning atm.
Lovely stuff.
I'm Robert. Definitely Robert. Robert The Incredible Chicken.
Sostie
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 12 2009, 04:01 PM) *

Might be any good. I hope they are true to their word and stick closely to the original text.

On the basis of The Mist alone I'm pleased with Darabont's involvement - it just seems right. However, I can imagine it being toned down a helluva lot.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 12 2009, 04:08 PM) *
On the basis of The Mist alone I'm pleased with Darabont's involvement - it just seems right. However, I can imagine it being toned down a helluva lot.

You think the cock-being-nailed-to-the-floor scene might go then?
monkeyman
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 12 2009, 04:01 PM) *

I had just come here to post about this, Hopefully it's awesome.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 12 2009, 02:18 PM) *
In Ugly Betty:

Poor Cliff! I hope that he forgives Mark, although I'm not sure Mark deserves it. And I loved the evil Wilhemena bits. She lurks better than anyone.

Seconded! Even though they're almost complete opposites, they're such a great couple so it'd be sad if that was the end of it. Plus I just like Cliff anyway and don't want to see him go.
Astrid
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 12 2009, 07:53 PM) *
Seconded! Even though they're almost complete opposites, they're such a great couple so it'd be sad if that was the end of it. Plus I just like Cliff anyway and don't want to see him go.

Thirded I like the two of them together. Saves Mark from being totally shallow.

Ax
monkeyman
Really enjoyed Trueblood tonight, very interested to see where ti goes next and who killed the granny!

We also watched the first two episodes of Legend of the seeker yesterday. It is a terrible adaptation of the books and a pretty poor show even if you weren't looking at it as an adaptation, shame really.
PrincessKate
The Kevin Bishop Show was almost entirely miss last night - but for the American Pie spoof ("That in't gravy! That's jizz that is!"), and Matthew Crosby just being there imbuing it with his delightful hamstery face.
Rua
Lafayette Reynolds is fast becoming my favourite character on TV at the moment. I do fear for his future though.
maian
QUOTE (Rua @ Aug 15 2009, 04:24 PM) *
Lafayette Reynolds is fast becoming my favourite character on TV at the moment. I do fear for his future though.

He's ace.
NiteFall
Just got hold of the first two seasons of The Wire. If it's crap I'm blaming you lot.
Also, please reassure me that I'm not the only person liking Entourage? My brother recommended it to me and I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Aug 16 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Just got hold of the first two seasons of The Wire. If it's crap I'm blaming you lot.

Fair deal. And if it's brilliant, you owe us all a big favour.
Sostie
The Kevin Bishop Show is just getting shittier and shittier. Even his impersonations are getting worse. The Harry Hill was abysmal.
Serafina_Pekkala
The worst thing about Entourage is Adrian Grenier's STUPID GURNEY FACE and Curly Sue hair. He is like Pete Sampras if he was 6 inches shorter and crap at tennis and only did stupid TV and fancied himself loads.

Piven is reasonably good value but only because he is playing 'that character' - the one he always plays. Except of course, in 'Smoking Aces' when he was that character and you wanted to stab him in his fat stocky doll's hair of a head. Just don't drink from the glass after him. I believe he is now King of All Hepatitis.

Also - the 'oh we are so cool' joke lasts for approximately 4 episodes. After that - anything without Carla Gugino is mild to agonising.

The Wire is much better - if only for the coffee brown seductive Irish eyes of Dominic West. My friend thinks he has a crumply face and looks perverted but I am not dispelled by this. He draws you in and then, it's like you want to buy coffee. In a jar. A black jar with gold edging.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 16 2009, 03:48 PM) *
The Kevin Bishop Show is just getting shittier and shittier. Even his impersonations are getting worse. The Harry Hill was abysmal.

Also, why impersonate Harry Hill? A man who is already playing an absurd character anyway? What is there to lampoon?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 16 2009, 03:48 PM) *

The only thing accurate about his Michael McIntyre was that it wasn't funny in the slightest, just like the real thing.

I pray that lovely Karen's move into mainstream telly lets her escape rubbish like this.

(Although I will miss seeing her in skimpy clothes every week).
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Aug 16 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Also, why impersonate Harry Hill? A man who is already playing an absurd character anyway? What is there to lampoon?

Harry of course - doing Kevin Bishop would be sublime and hilarious.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Aug 16 2009, 04:31 PM) *

It reminds me of when the equally talent-free Bobby Davro used to do impersonations of Smashie and Nicey. It's basically just stealing an impression.
empathy-with-beast
I saw some equally untalented TV comic impersonate Blackadder at some point, could you do more to underline that you are a rubbish comic than by mocking a really funny one?
NiteFall
By mocking a bad one and making them seem funnier by doing so.
PrincessKate
I watch the bishop programme for every other actor but him.

Thoroughly enjoyed Edinburgh and Beyond last night, too, even though it's a bit weird watching it, as it's bearly a year old. Colin and Fergus doing the spoof Andy McNabb novels is funnier on the radio, as their faces really don't look like those of raddled SAS veterans. And Tom Basden is just lovely and endearing.
PrincessKate
I'm enjoying Dannii's new hair on X-Factor but other than that I'm really not paying attention.

Triple Trouble?

MY ENTIRE BODY IS CRINGING AT THIS ENTRY.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Don't like the new format.

That bloke at the end was good. Handsome too, and knew how to work the crowd.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 22 2009, 08:32 PM) *

Yes, he was good.

After reading Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe this week, I'm watching The Cube. It's pretty good, actually.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 22 2009, 08:46 PM) *
After reading Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe this week, I'm watching The Cube. It's pretty good, actually.

I watched that too. On the whole, it's a pretty shit idea, and the things Schofield says about The Cube and The Body are hilariously bad... but despite that I did enjoy watching people doing the tasks and ended up really willing them on.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Aug 16 2009, 05:47 PM) *
I saw some equally untalented TV comic impersonate Blackadder at some point, could you do more to underline that you are a rubbish comic than by mocking a really funny one?

That was MacGowan, wasn't it?
sweetbutinsane

Agreed. Seemed like such a nice guy too.

I can't believe they let those annoying Irish twins through. Aside from being a couple of arrogant gits, they weren't all that good at singing.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 23 2009, 04:18 PM) *
I can't believe they let those annoying Irish twins through. Aside from being a couple of arrogant gits, they weren't all that good at singing.

Vanilla Twice can feck off.

Also Kyle was identical to 'Keanu Reeves' from Saxondale.

I'd like to see a big screen version of The Cube with Jason Statham trapped inside. Schofield and Colin Macfarlane would remain in their respective roles. And The Body would reveal itself to be Yul Brynner from Westworld.
Atara
I enjoyed X factor but there was a bit too much zooming around various crowds waiting outside and not enough showing the actual entrants.

The Cube was quite interesting but I didn't see it all, I was a bit disappointed as I thought it was the film 'Cube' that was on...
Jessopjessopjessop

He was exceptional. I hope he hasn't blown his load to early, he'll have a lot to live up to. It was the kind of performance people pull out of the bag for the finals.

I wonder how the end result will affect the eventual line-up. Auditioning in front of a live audience will put shy but talented people off, but might also mean more cocky bastards get through.
Sostie
QUOTE (Atara @ Aug 23 2009, 07:09 PM) *
The Cube was quite interesting but I didn't see it all, I was a bit disappointed as I thought it was the film 'Cube' that was on...

If only it was based on the film. A Saturday evening quiz, book-ending the Lottery draw, based on Saw would also be welcome.
logger
Followed by Running Man.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Aug 24 2009, 11:33 AM) *
He was exceptional. I hope he hasn't blown his load to early, he'll have a lot to live up to. It was the kind of performance people pull out of the bag for the finals.

I wonder how the end result will affect the eventual line-up. Auditioning in front of a live audience will put shy but talented people off, but might also mean more cocky bastards get through.

Watching his audition was the weirdest feeling. I was actually welling up with pride like he was my son or something. He was amazing.

However, I really didn't like the new format. Having an audience reacting to bad auditions or applauding the good ones removed any form of tension from the proceedings. The stunned silence before Simon Cowell's cutting comments are fantastic but having a baying crowd meant that this was completely lost.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Aug 24 2009, 11:33 AM) *

He already has a sob story in the papers.

It says something about the media onslaught that I didn't actually watch the show on Saturday but still know who you're talking about.
Zoe
He was good, but also a bit of a cunt.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 24 2009, 02:39 PM) *

He's already played the Duncan James card. He's peaked.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 24 2009, 02:39 PM) *

That's a bit strong. He was the right side of cocky for me, unlike the Irish twints.

What's his sob-story?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.