Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Outatime
I've read that the cast are signed up for at least five years.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Outatime @ Oct 2 2009, 03:42 PM) *

Bugger. I may just quit now then to save some time.
Raven
QUOTE (Outatime @ Oct 2 2009, 03:42 PM) *

That's pretty much standard these days, with networks hedging their bets etc (and it doesn't mean the show won't get cancelled if it tanks!).

Personally, I'm with Jimmay on this one; the thought of getting into another high-concept series is putting me off watching (especially with the ad breaks).

I think strip watching series on DVD has - to a point - ruined episodic TV for me.
logger
Might be time to put Peep Show out of its misery. The Mr Taliban, tally me bananas, made me chuckle, though.
Ade
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 2 2009, 06:07 PM) *
Might be time to put Peep Show out of its misery. The Mr Taliban, tally me bananas, made me chuckle, though.

Dammit, I missed the repeat of last Friday's ep. When did they show it?
logger
I watched it on Virgin's on demand service. It's still on 4OD
NiteFall
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 2 2009, 06:07 PM) *

Wasn't that exact same gag done in Green Wing?
logger
I thought I'd heard it before but I was thinking Simpsons.
monkeyman
Gameswipe was pretty good, I would have preffered it if he hadn't lingered on games he didn't really like (Wolfenstein) and talked more about games he did like. I'd really enjoy seeing this as a weekly feature though
logger
Channel 4 will be showing Generation Kill from Wednesday night. I'll have to check it out as I completely missed it on FX.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 2 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Gameswipe was pretty good, I would have preffered it if he hadn't lingered on games he didn't really like (Wolfenstein) and talked more about games he did like. I'd really enjoy seeing this as a weekly feature though

I would also like to know what games Charlie rates in his top ten, that would be interesting.

I'll wager he likes Portal.

It would be nice to see a series of Gameswipe, if just to see more of those fake wii games. I lol'd at "push Myleene Klass in a river"
logger
I've still never bothered playing Portal even though I've had it years. Might remedy this today.
monkeyman
Please do, it's easily one of my favourite games of all time.
Outatime
I'm not a massive fan of Alesha as a judge but I'd like her more if she could manage to say "were" rather than "was".
bigfatrich
QUOTE (Outatime @ Oct 3 2009, 08:35 PM) *
I'm not a massive fan of Alesha as a judge but I'd like her more if she could manage to say "were" rather than "was".

but dat iz cuz she iz street, do'innit.
Sostie
Watching Ross this week I concluded that Barbra Streisand seems rather nice (and looks great). Along with Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep she has joined the ranks of People (Who Coincidently Are All Jewish) Who Seemed To Take Themselves A Bit Too Seriously But Have Mellowed Out In Their Later Years. Or P(WCAAJ)WSTTTABTSBHMOITLYs as I like to call them.
Sostie
I hope Louis picks the Evil Twins tonight, just to see the look on his face when they're voted off in week one.

They have double the irritation factor of pre-redemption Darius.
Atara
Oh Louis, you really are an arse.

And thank god that lass with the nasty tan who walked around the beach pouting didn't get through.
sweetbutinsane
For fuck's sake, Louis Walsh!
gulfcoast_highwayman
We kind of knew that Project A weren't going through. Amy was back in the dance team for Friday's game.

Still, well done to the lasses for getting so far. I hope those bloody twins are out first week.
sweetbutinsane
Ahh, I love Joe. Glad he got through. smile.gif
logger
I think I'll stop watching Harper's Island if Cal dies. Although it is perfect gym fodder. Maybe I should wait to see if anything happens to his awesome girlfriend.
dandan
i've been watching 'man vs food'. i like it.
Jimmay
Saw the first three episodes of How Not To Live Your Life at the weekend while just flicking about on the channels. I'd never heard of it and wasn't particularly taken with it at first but by found myself really enjoying it. I really disliked the main character at the start but he as actually grown a bit more sympathetic and it was a surprise and joy as always to see Julian Barratt in the third episode. I think I'll be watching this again.

EDIT: Hmmm, a quick Wikipedia tells me that this is actually the second series I've been watching. Strange, as it felt like I hadn't missed any of the plot and also explains why I thought it was supposed to have the incest one out of Hollyoaks in it but she never showed up. I thought I'd just got mixed up and it was a different programme.
Zoe
I love 'Trinity'!

The coffin cox was inspired.
logger
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 5 2009, 10:57 AM) *
I love 'Trinity'!

The coffin cox was inspired.

There was a little too much plot this week, bad Trinity. Apart from a couple of chuckles, the coffin cox and the Trevor McDonald line were the only times I really laughed. Probably just a case of third episode-itis.
Zoe
I laughed a lot at the likes of:

"I'd like to penetrate her icy exterior" "With my penis"

"I decided against the nuggets

"This wine may only cost 6.99, but it tastes like freedom!"

And Charles Dance telling everyone to "fuck off"
logger
I did like the boyfriend, I don't know his name, rummaging in Ross' buttocks.
Ade
I'm now somewhat annoyed that I can't receive ITV2, or whatever channel this Trinity is on. It sounds hilarious.
NiteFall
I've been watching some of the better classic Doctor Who stories and all I can think is that while the production costs were about 12.74 and a Curly Wurly the writing is so much better than in most of the new series. I'm especially liking the lack of Russell Davies "Shit I've written myself into a corner so everything is solved by magic sufficiently advanced science" endings.
Starscream`s Ghost
That's always been my main gripe about the new series. It can be marvellous, but sometimes the "Ooooooo magic!" approach really gets me angry.
logger
QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 5 2009, 12:40 PM) *
I'm now somewhat annoyed that I can't receive ITV2, or whatever channel this Trinity is on. It sounds hilarious.

The first three episodes are available on ITV player
Zoe
WATCH THEM!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 5 2009, 12:13 PM) *
I laughed a lot at the likes of:

"I'd like to penetrate her icy exterior" "With my penis"

"I decided against the nuggets

"This wine may only cost 6.99, but it tastes like freedom!"

And Charles Dance telling everyone to "fuck off"

This is the second time I've missed Trinity because of a suddenly advanced social life. It's got to stop.
Ade
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 5 2009, 01:14 PM) *
The first three episodes are available on ITV player
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 5 2009, 01:29 PM) *
WATCH THEM!

Thanks gang! I will!
Zoe
I warn you it's MENTAL(ly brilliant)
Ade
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 5 2009, 02:28 PM) *
I warn you it's MENTAL(ly brilliant)

I genuinely cannot wait.
Zoe
The bizarre racist abuse in the form of congratulating Reggie Yates on the work of Trevor MacDonald was marvellous.
logger
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 5 2009, 03:16 PM) *
The bizarre racist abuse in the form of congratulating Reggie Yates on the work of Trevor MacDonald was marvellous.

Possibly my favourite moment of the series so far. God, I love Dorian.
PrincessKate
Isn't it a bit wrong that everyone prefers Dorian to Theo, even though he's an utter bastard?
Zoe
Theo is played by Reggie Yates...
PrincessKate
But I liked Reggie Yates, til this.
Zoe
Well, then I wouldn't even attempt to explain or understand your taste...

Hugs!
logger
My first thought was, who's Theo?
PrincessKate
Between him and Cotton, he is certainly the lesser of two evils.
I've gone right off him now, no fear.
Zoe
Everyone loves a bastard, right?

And everyone (other than Kate) hates Reggie Yates, right?
PrincessKate
Fine, I hate Reggie Yates.
logger
Who is Reggie Yates anyway? I'd never heard of him before this.
Rua
Racist.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Rua @ Oct 5 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Racist.

Hehe.

Apparently Reggie was in A Bit of Fry and Laurie. I don't remember that but he must have been very young. One of those Italia Conte kids or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.