Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Rua
Jack Whitehall is so shit.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Nick Griffin has an eye like Kiefer Sutherland's in Dark City. It's very odd.
zeden
He does have a bit of a Bond villain look about him hasn't he?
Only caught the last ten minutes of Question Time thanks to being at work, but I'm thankful to have seen a calm and collected audience treat that rediculous man with the open contempt he deserves.
I've been treated to having the internet unlocked here at work for once so I'm going to try and catch the rest of the show when it comes on iPlayer.
logger
He's like if Garth Marenghi was a fascist.
empathy-with-beast
Dimbleby did best I thought.
maian
He and Bonnie Greer were the best at pulling the rug out from under Griffin. There were a few times when he really seemed riled by Greer completely shooting down his arguments with her, y'know, facts and shit.

I hope to never see him laugh again, though. That "oh, I'm having fun with the panelists" laugh he kept doing was fucking creepy.
logger
QUOTE (maian @ Oct 22 2009, 11:52 PM) *
I hope to never see him laugh again, though. That "oh, I'm having fun with the panelists" laugh he kept doing was fucking creepy.

Only for it to stop and reveal the cold, dead eye of a killer.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (maian @ Oct 22 2009, 11:52 PM) *

It reminds me of when David Brent was pretending to have fun with Tim in the "its only a triffling matter" scene in The Office.
maian
You're not the only one; Peter Serafinowicz described him as "Adolf Brent" on Twitter earlier, which just sounds like the one-line pitch for a new version of Heil Honey, I'm Home!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Oct 19 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Bugger, that sounds good.

Just seen it on iPlayer. It's damn good.
Ade
QUOTE (melzilla @ Oct 22 2009, 09:05 PM) *
My Mum watched it and when I asked her what it was like she replied 'Over-acting in helmets'.

laugh.gif

Mel's Mum's quick capsule TV reviews sound excellent. Just think how much paper the Radio Times could save if they hired her.

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Oct 23 2009, 12:20 AM) *
Just seen it on iPlayer. It's damn good.

Yeppers, fascinating stuff. Caught it last night. Brought back some memories, and filled in a few blanks too.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 23 2009, 12:31 AM) *
Yeppers, fascinating stuff. Caught it last night. Brought back some memories, and filled in a few blanks too.

Definitely. On both counts. Reminded me of growing up in the early 80's, it did.

Now watching the '...at the BBC' section. 'Vienna' still gives me the shivers.
Raven
QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 23 2009, 12:31 AM) *
Mel's Mum's quick capsule TV reviews sound excellent.

Agreed!
logger
The second episode of Hung seems to have had a dip in quality following the excellent pilot.
monkeyman
I kind of wish I'd caught question time now
Raven
There's always iPlayer.
Ade
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Oct 23 2009, 12:34 AM) *
Definitely. On both counts. Reminded me of growing up in the early 80's, it did.

Now watching the '...at the BBC' section. 'Vienna' still gives me the shivers.

Same here. In fact there were more than a few goosebump-inducing moments for me. Also brought back memories of visiting my cousin (then a big fan of the 'League, Numan, Kraftwerk, et al) and marvelling at his synthesizers and Phil Oakey haircut.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Rua @ Oct 22 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Jack Whitehall is so shit.

Isn't he though. I've got a really bad feeling that he could be the next long term presenter which would be a shame.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 23 2009, 02:00 AM) *
The second episode of Hung seems to have had a dip in quality following the excellent pilot.

Aye, but it was still pretty good, IMHO.

Along with 'Modern Family' & 'Eastbound & Down' it's making Thursday night telly good again.

I also tried to watch the new Simpsons, which is something I haven't done for years. I gave up after 5 or so minutes. What a disgrace to seasons 3-8 that show is these days.
zeden
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 23 2009, 09:43 AM) *
There's always iPlayer.

Long may it stand.

Just watched Question Time after the computer screwed up on me last night. Good to see Griffin mocked openly like that, the scummy bastard deserves it in spades. Shame the other politicians couldn't help but trot out the old party retoric given the situation though. Baroness Warsi in particular was horrible to watch when pressed on the issue of her opinion of civil partnership, she certainly hesitated enough to answer a simple question.
Serafina_Pekkala
Dimbleby is fucking awesome. Grandad-botherers everywhere salute him.

Bonnie Greer used to annoy the hello out of me on Newsnight Review but now I take it all back. Kudos to her - the polite derision tone was like kryptonite. She has bigger balls than Paxman.
Everlong
Massive appreciation for Greer after last night. Baroness Warsi was good when she wasn't hesitating or tripping herself up. Maybe her giant poppy was intimidating her (it was mahooosive).

Although it skipped over every recent event but the Jan Moir article, it was good to see Griffin being made an absolute fool/bufoon/oaf of, more than he already had.

And what was with his weird laugh everytime someone got one over on him?
Jessopjessopjessop
The best moment was Ellie's old flatmate being snubbed halfway through her question.
ipse dixit
Hahahahaha....yeah.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Oct 23 2009, 01:36 PM) *
Hahahahaha....yeah.

Who? The what?
ipse dixit
My ex-flatmate started asking a question but Dimbleby interrupted her and said, "we'll come to that later". I know it's mean of me, but she's such a bloody self-righteous bore that it made me laugh to see her cut down.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 23 2009, 01:19 PM) *
Baroness Warsi was good when she wasn't hesitating or tripping herself up. Maybe her giant poppy was intimidating her (it was mahooosive).

Yeah, she's got a knack of saying what she thinks sounds good rather than what she truly believes so occasionally stutters when challenged. She's a good orator, though. I'll give her that.
logger
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Oct 23 2009, 10:34 AM) *

Yep, just a bit of a disappointment after it being so good.

Along with 'Modern Family' & 'Eastbound & Down' it's making Thursday night telly good again.

Missed Modern Family, it'll probably be repeated. I really wanted to see Eastbound & Down but like everything else on FX I'm not going to see it because I'm not going to know it's on.
Bloomeeney
Russel Howard was pretty good on Beeb 3 last night, lots of funny bits and he looked genuinely uncomfortable when the tattooed granny came on.
Everlong
QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ Oct 23 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Russel Howard was pretty good on Beeb 3 last night, lots of funny bits and he looked genuinely uncomfortable when the tattooed granny came on.

I actually laughed when he was doing that impression of her.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ Oct 23 2009, 02:34 PM) *

It was really good. Something actually worth watching on BBC3.
widowspider

I also tried to watch the new Simpsons, which is something I haven't done for years. I gave up after 5 or so minutes. What a disgrace to seasons 3-8 that show is these days.

Modern Family is aces. Vince and I love it too.
Jimmay
I'm really enjoying Lie to me* still and I've been meaning to see if anyone agrees with me about Cal's ex-wife and daughter being perfectly cast as looking like a real mother and daughter?

Serafina_Pekkala
Jennifer Beals is mixed-race. That young lady might as well have a tartan barcode on her bum for her DNA stamp is certainly Scots-Irish (ha! I was right). I see no resemblance between the two but as Tim Roth's daughter, it works.

Lie to Me is great.
Sostie
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Oct 22 2009, 11:48 PM) *
Dimbleby did best I thought.

I like Jack Straw playing the Minister Of Justice card and letting him know he was allowed to air his Holocaust denial rantings on the show.
Shack
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Oct 23 2009, 01:47 PM) *
My ex-flatmate started asking a question but Dimbleby interrupted her and said, "we'll come to that later". I know it's mean of me, but she's such a bloody self-righteous bore that it made me laugh to see her cut down.

Nice work Dimbles.

I managed to catch the last 20 minutes of Question Time and to be honest, I felt it did seem a little bit like bear baiting and everyone seemed to gang up on Griffin. As Robert Lindsey has just rightly said on the One Show, it could mean the BNP might try to get the sympathy vote.

I'd have preferred a smaller scale show primed with people to bring him down more naturally, hoisted by his wonk-eyed petard if you like. A bit like a panel filled with different versions of Bonnie Greer.
logger
Who votes out of sympathy? If they can't handle Question Time they can keep the fuck away from government.

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 23 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I'm really enjoying Lie to me* still and I've been meaning to see if anyone agrees with me about Cal's ex-wife and daughter being perfectly cast as looking like a real mother and daughter?

I've never seen it but from those pics I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.
Shack
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 23 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Who votes out of sympathy? If they can't handle Question Time they can keep the fuck away from government.

That was basically my point, but I think the BNP might play the victim card and some of the general public are liable to fall into that particular trap.

I think that's why they've started sounded off about unfair treatment, even though Griffin was a handshaking nervebucket with little but lies and bollocks to back whatever argument he didn't have.
PrincessKate
Nice geek cameo in last week's Big Bang Theory, Wil Wheaton as himself.
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Oct 24 2009, 07:58 PM) *

That episode was hilarious! laugh.gif
monkeyman
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Oct 24 2009, 11:58 PM) *

Apparently he was wearing a Penny Arcade "Fruit Fucker" t-shirt as well ( I haven't seen it yet). I'm waiting till series 3 is all out and then I'll watch it over a couple of days at work.
Serafina_Pekkala
Series 3 of The Thick of It was great stuff but it has been funnier. Less jokes because of essential character introduction. Only thing that didn't ring true was Terri immediately so catty to Nicola (Rebecca Front - absolutely superb BTW).
PrincessKate
$30'000 on a wedding ring is fucking INSANE, you crazy bitch. What does your husband see in you, you money-grabbing tart?

I am watching Bridezillas. It's my own fault.
Seriously though, calling your 'beloved' 'El-Cheapo' because he won't spend five years rent on something that's just going to sit on your finger? Uncool.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Oct 25 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Series 3 of The Thick of It was great stuff but it has been funnier. Less jokes because of essential character introduction. Only thing that didn't ring true was Terri immediately so catty to Nicola (Rebecca Front - absolutely superb BTW).

I'd not seen The Thick of It before (apart from some clips on youtube) and I loved it.

I was most amused by the sign incident and the following discussion of other signs that shouldn't been stood in front of and almost all of Melcolm Tucker's lines, especially when he is on the phone.

Be with you in two shakes of a crying baby.

EDIT I did see In The Loop come to think of it. That was great too.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Oct 25 2009, 01:53 PM) *
I was most amused by the sign incident and the following discussion of other signs that shouldn't been stood in front of and almost all of Malcolm Tucker's lines, especially when he is on the phone.

Be with you in two shakes of a crying baby.

Yes it was ace - "I AM BENT" smile.gif. I feel it is getting into it's stride though.

I hope to fuck Jamie that comes back. Or there will be one very cross person in the Midlothian area.
monkeyman
Whaaat, how is Danyl bottom two...
Atara
What, Danyl bottom two. Yeah his face is weird, especially so when he does big grins but he is good.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Jedward FTW!

I think next week they are doing 'Goody Two Shoes', the Adam Ant classic. I can't wait!
Llama
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 25 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Whaaat, how is Danyl bottom two...

The way I figured it was that everyone thought that Danyl would have enough votes anyway, so they voted for their second favourite instead and then no one ended up voting for him. Either that or the public are just idiots.
monkeyman
Yeah Hayleigh said the same thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.