Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Shack
I thought Lloyd would have to be in the bottom two as the girls voting is sure to be more spread out.

Ach... John and Edward gawn...

I've been lured in by Come Dine With Me. There's an awful lady on there (Katie) who appears to have got very sloshed every night, worn ill-fitting clothes and is just a bit of mess. I hope she's embarrassed.

There's also a chap (Dan) who is a "foodie". He's obsessed with talking about and analysing food. A tit.

The other two seem lovely.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Great. The 'X' Factor becomes The 'Zzzzzzzzzzz' Factor.

Lloyd?? FFS, LLOYD??
monkeyman
Top Gear has been good so far. Last series was a bit hit and miss so it's nice that it seems to be back on track.
Atara
Michael Sheen still makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Raven
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 22 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Top Gear has been good so far. Last series was a bit hit and miss so it's nice that it seems to be back on track.

I'm getting a bit bored with it, to be honest, as it has just been variations on a theme for the last few series now - they really need to do something new and original.

The more amusing "lets drop things on caravans" type segments (like the one with the Robin Reliant Space Shuttle, for example) have all but disappeared in favour of the three of them arguing over the latest build project or road trip - and there's only so much of that you can take before it get's old.

I'm actually quite annoyed I watched tonight’s epiosde, as I completely forgot about the last part of Garrow's Law on BBC One, which has been a very good series indeed.
Sostie
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 20 2009, 03:42 PM) *
Ah, leave Dappy alone! He's harmless enough, and underneath all the street lingo bollocks, he seems like a nice enough bloke.

Yeah, he's alright...apart from gobbing in a female fan's face, being arrested for threatening behaviour with a gun, being removed from a plane by police for his rowdy bahavior and allegedly keeping quiet about a rape commited by a friend.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Atara @ Nov 22 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Michael Sheen still makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

He is my favourite Welshman.

Caught the first episode of Misfits last night.

It's fun.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Sostie @ Nov 23 2009, 09:57 AM) *
Yeah, he's alright...apart from gobbing in a female fan's face, being arrested for threatening behaviour with a gun, being removed from a plane by police for his rowdy bahavior and allegedly keeping quiet about a rape commited by a friend.

I said 'seems alright'.
sweetbutinsane
Am I the only one glad that the twins are gone? It's a singing contest after all; if you want to watch "entertaining" people, that's what Big Brother is for.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Nov 23 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Am I the only one glad that the twins are gone? It's a singing contest after all;

Is it conkers! It's an entertainment show.
Zoe
What he said
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Shack @ Nov 22 2009, 08:57 PM) *
I've been lured in by Come Dine With Me. There's an awful lady on there (Katie) who appears to have got very sloshed every night, worn ill-fitting clothes and is just a bit of mess. I hope she's embarrassed.

There's also a chap (Dan) who is a "foodie". He's obsessed with talking about and analysing food. A tit.

The other two seem lovely.

That was painful, I could barely watch.
And he ended up winning. Tsk.
logger
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 23 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Is it conkers! It's an entertainment show.

It's silly hair and shit singers "while the others are merely boring, John and Edward are just a bit shit. This makes them the most interesting thing in the entire programme by default" God, I hate Britain.
Raven
Just seen a trailer for Don't Get Screwed, on BBC3 - is that the Bloombury Bowl where the girls are complaining about lost shoes?
Zoe
Independent review of 'Cast Offs' by disabled people

Encouraging.

The trailer looked funny and I have an interest in disability awareness generally, so I'll be watching
Shack
9pm this Friday on BBC Four - Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison.

One for the BT Vision box...
Shack
Oh, and according to a friend of mine, I am Ted from How I Met Your Mother.

I researched this and found that I wasn't really like him at all.

Although I have now found a show to watch while my tea settles of an evening. It's like a modern Friends. But with extra Howser.
Outatime
I want to start watching that but I never know when it's on and I like to start from the beginning.
Raven
E4, 7.30pm every week day evening.

I've missed too many of them to try and catch up now, but I wouldn't mind watching them through.
Outatime
Ah, that's well past teatime for me.
Shack
QUOTE (Outatime @ Nov 24 2009, 10:16 PM) *
Ah, that's well past teatime for me.

It's while my tea is digesting.

There are some decent jokes in it and they get plenty of guest stars. Although I doubt there'll ever be a Scene It board game based on it, it's pretty good.
NiteFall
Plus NPH is extra-awesome in it.
Outatime
What age should you be to remember Doogie Howser MD? None of my workmates do.
logger
It was late 80s, wasn't it?
Raven
Late 80s/Early 90s.

NPH pretty much carries the show in How I Met Your Mother, a very good character.
Shack
QUOTE (Rua @ Nov 25 2009, 06:38 PM) *

Aces news. I'm all excitled.
melzilla
Why do I seem to keep watching Miranda? It's kind of awful, but kind of amusing at the same time. It all feels a bit wrong.
ella
QUOTE (melzilla @ Nov 26 2009, 02:57 AM) *
Why do I seem to keep watching Miranda? It's kind of awful, but kind of amusing at the same time. It all feels a bit wrong.

You aren't alone.
Zoe
I think Miranda is excellent. Very funny, sweet natured and really well written. Miranda Hart is a natural clown, the physical stuff in the show is particularly funny.
Bloomeeney
QUOTE (melzilla @ Nov 26 2009, 02:57 AM) *

Me too!! Although I could only manage about half of this week's ep.
Zoe
It's really not a bad show.

It's a very well-written sitcom by a talented comedian, just presented in a very traditional mannner. I think that's part of its charm.
Sostie
I love Miranda. Never fails to entertain.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'll add my voice to the chorus of approval.

It's a sitcom that seems like it should have been made in the early 80's, where it would comfortably alongside Hi-De-Hi and Sorry!.

I enjoy it's lack of any pretention towards 'edginess'. It's just bloody good fun.
Everlong
I don't mind Miranda as it goes. It's funny enough for moi! It doesn't try to be anything else, and as Zoe said, it's sweet natured.
grumpygit
Miranda: you are awful, but I like you
Chapman Baxter
Come Dine With Me is currently looking for contestants in my area. I am strangely tempted.
dandan
V

so, i watched the first four episodes of the new 'v'...

well, it's watcheable, but, compared to the original mini-series, it is clunky and, so far, it's failed to use most of the narrative devices which made it such a good program. still, i shall keep watching, mainly because of my love of the original and to see which direction they take it...
Jimmay
Watched Red Riding over the weekend after having it on my sky box for months. My God it's bleak, but very very good and not a single weak link in the cast that I noticed. It was quite a slog to get through though at 6 hours but well worth it.
maian
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 30 2009, 11:31 AM) *
Watched Red Riding over the weekend after having it on my sky box for months. My God it's bleak, but very very good and not a single weak link in the cast that I noticed. It was quite a slog to get through though at 6 hours but well worth it.

You should definitely check out David Peace's original novels. They're just as bleak but much more complex in terms of how they relate to each other. Plus, you get 1977, which was not adapted for television due to budgetary reasons but, for me, is easily the best of the bunch.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Nov 26 2009, 05:11 PM) *

I categorically do not like sitcoms unless they are Spaced, Black Books, The Mighty Boosh or Outnumbered.

Then you're a bit dull, aren't you.

(Ah, looking back through her reviewing history, I see she likes Spooks. Figures.)
Jimmay
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 30 2009, 11:42 AM) *
You should definitely check out David Peace's original novels. They're just as bleak but much more complex in terms of how they relate to each other. Plus, you get 1977, which was not adapted for television due to budgetary reasons but, for me, is easily the best of the bunch.

Thanks for the info Ed, but to be honest I don't think I could cope with 4 books worth of it. What did 1977 cover?
maian
1977 focused on the beginning of the Ripper killings and the main characters were Jack Whitehead (the arsehole crime reporter who kept mocking Eddie in 1974) and his own investigation into what happened to Eddie in the first book (unlike the series, the books never specifically reveal what happened to Eddie) and Bob Fraser (who appears in a small role in 1974). Both men are in love with prostitutes and find themselves forced together trying to save them. It's my personal favourite because it was the first example of Peace taking minor characters from the previous book, even characters that were antagonists in the previous books, and turning them into the heroes. My one problem with the series was that this aspect didn't really translate from the books, apart from the increased importance of David Morrissey's character in 1983.

Edit: I caught an episode of Miranda last night. I liked it. It was warm, funny and charmingly creaky in its style. I didn't laugh all that much, apart from the line "I'll shit on your towels", but it was good.
Raven
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 30 2009, 12:25 PM) *
I caught an episode of Miranda last night.

As did I.

I can't say it's something I would go out of my way to watch, but it was better than I expected it would be.
Sostie
Comedy Showcase - The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
David Cross flukes his way into a high poweed job in the UK branch of the big corporation he works for. So it's the old man out of his depth/fish out of water story, and pretty funny in places too. Good support from Will Arnett, Sharon Horgan, Russell Tovey and Matt King, and a very fleeting glimpse of Kristen Schaal. I hope it's picked for a full series.

loudQUIETloued
Documentary following Pixies on their comeback tour. It of course feature lots of great live footage, but the backstage stuff was very interesting. It seems despite, when together onstage, being able to work as a unit and produce some amazing music, they can't seem to communicate with each other off stage. We also witness Kim Deal, a reformed alcoholic and drug taker, struggling to stay "dry" on tour, and the sad sight of David Lovering dealing with his father's cancer, his death and the descent into using prescription drugs that followed. Overall, a little bit sad.
Serafina_Pekkala
Glenn's face when Ollie says "it's like your dad telling you he is gay" in The Thick of It is the most adorable thing on television ever. The opposite being Malcolm's expression when Terri calls him an untethered Catherine Wheel (complete with firework sounds)

I don't know who this Steve Fleming is but if Tucker is scared, we all should be terrified.
maian
I loved the scene between Malcolm and Terri this week. It was great seeing Malcolm let the mask slip for just a moment, but even when he was being sincere, there was that sense that he could pounce at any moment. It was unpredictable and great.
Shack
Regarding Miranda, we reviewed it last week on the radio.

It's like a children's show, but with swearing. I like Miranda Hart, but I just found her a bit annoying in this. I do like the "You Have Been Watching..." ending though.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 30 2009, 05:33 PM) *
I loved the scene between Malcolm and Terri this week. It was great seeing Malcolm let the mask slip for just a moment, but even when he was being sincere, there was that sense that he could pounce at any moment. It was unpredictable and great.

Smoky Bacon

Terri has no fear (or it may be called awareness to others hehe - but she knows what she is doing and doesn't care if she prods the dragon in the eye). The "Terri could I have a word?" line - terrifying. Esp since Addison does the best face of fear ever in the background.

This week was all about faces. And other stuff.

All i need now is a handjob in a bus shelter and I've had the great British night out.

I see she likes Spooks. Figures.

So do I.
Sostie
The latest (4th) series of Dexter has been excellent, probably the best. John Lithgow really knows how to deliver the "C" word. Two episodes to go - I can't wait.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.