Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 27 2010, 01:51 PM) *
She's got 99 problems but her wardrobe ain't one

Word
melzilla
Oh Heston, you fruitcake! (Made of dead things.)
PrincessKate
QUOTE (melzilla @ Apr 27 2010, 09:40 PM) *
Oh Heston, you fruitcake! (Made of dead things.)

Is he alllowed to lace fairycakes with horny goat weed?

Also, I want to be a part of the Time for Tease Burlesque Club, please.
melzilla
Did Dave really just go to the trouble of editing out the word 'twat'?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (melzilla @ Apr 28 2010, 01:41 AM) *
Did Dave really just go to the trouble of editing out the word 'twat'?

Red Dwarf 3? Which aired at 9.40pm?

Yes. They are t**ts.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Apr 27 2010, 08:04 PM) *
Looking forward to La La Land on BBC Three at 10.30pm tonight. I'm a big fan of Cyderdelic, My New Best Friend and Shirley Ghostman, but could barely get through one episode of Marc Wootton exposed, so we'll see where this show lands. But the return of Ghostman can only be a good thing in my book.

Wootton is okay but Ghostman is awful pie. And a complete rip-off from Phoenix Nights. BBC Three is dead to me now.
melzilla
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Apr 28 2010, 07:40 AM) *
Red Dwarf 3? Which aired at 9.40pm?

Yes. They are t**ts.

Uh huh. A classic line ruined.
PrincessKate
I am addicted to this week's Glee. Groff gives good face.
PrincessKate
Is anyone else still feeling queasy after last night's YHBW?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Apr 30 2010, 07:32 AM) *

Yes. I hadn't seen how they dismissed the 'Dorothys' till last night.
logger
You know 30 Rock is suffering when Pete has become the best character.
Everlong
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Apr 30 2010, 07:32 AM) *

That film looks nuts.

HE EXPERIMENTED ON DOGS!!

Also, Brooker's rant about Norton interrupting Who was amusing.

Funniest was Charles Clarke on the This Week/Dorothy thing. It just looked really surreal.
logger
I like Better Off Ted, it's good. It kind of reminds me of an American IT Crowd, although it does go a bit Scrubs at times. Jay Harrington, who plays Ted, reminds me of a young George Clooney and should be a big star, although anybody I like is doomed not to get the success they deserve. Portia de Rossi is the best thing in it though. She also seems a lot thinner than she was in Arrested Development, which is almost impossible.
PrincessKate
Kandy Rain on Snog Marry Avoid was toe-curlingly awful. What a shower of ungrateful cunts they were.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (logger @ Apr 30 2010, 04:34 PM) *
She also seems a lot thinner than she was in Arrested Development, which is almost impossible.

I can't see how she can get any smaller unless she went into negative sizing and started wearing clothes made for Japanese children. Do they make a minus zero?
PrincessKate
They do 00 don't they?
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 1 2010, 11:47 PM) *
They do 00 don't they?

At Banana Republic. Madness.

Portia was lovely in Sirens. She looked slim but curvy like Amanda Seyfried. It could be a different person. Worrying really.
PrincessKate
Like SJP - Where did the boobs go?
It's sad.
Zoe
I think she's talked openly about suffering from anorexia
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 2 2010, 12:02 AM) *
I think she's talked openly about suffering from anorexia

She has - she basically linked it to working on Ally McBeal. I knew I hated that show for a reason. I just hope Ellen is looking after her.

I don't care for SJP. She looks like an old rope.
PrincessKate
Hocus Pocus. She was fanciable in at least 35% of that film.

Seriously, though - did no one see that Snog Marry Avoid? Vile.
logger
I haven't seen Heroes in a long time but it's on now, have they just brought back any character that any fan has ever shown any interest in?
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 1 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Kandy Rain on Snog Marry Avoid was toe-curlingly awful. What a shower of ungrateful cunts they were.

Urgh, Skanky Rain. Throw the word "arrogant" in there and your last sentence sums them up perfectly.
Serafina_Pekkala
Cripes - What are Kandy Rain? Some kind of whorish pitiful version of a girl band. They just look like medium-pretty shortarsed girls from the shopping centre dressed as strippers.

No wonder the classier call girls come from Eastern Europe nowadays. I am at a loss to call them whores.
melzilla
I saw that SMA a while ago. Horrendous, but I did feel like it was all a bit staged. Surely nobody can be that utterly hideous in every way?
Outatime
Glee seems to be turning into a musical, rather than a tv show about singers. I hope it goes back towards the style of the early programmes, I think I'm probably the only person who wasn't blown away by the Madonna episode.
dandan
QUOTE (dandan @ Apr 26 2010, 02:50 PM) *
i may move on to 'dexter', which i have never seen...

i'm just about to finish season two. i like it. there's a lot of silliness scattered around, but it is a solidly entertaining show, which rests more on its characters than its narratives...

oh, and the other morgan is devilishly foxy. i bet they make a cute couple in the real world...
Sostie
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 2 2010, 12:16 AM) *
Seriously, though - did no one see that Snog Marry Avoid? Vile.

I did. They are horrible. I did mention it a month or so ago (in this thread I think)

QUOTE (dandan @ May 4 2010, 10:14 AM) *
i'm just about to finish season two. i like it. there's a lot of silliness scattered around, but it is a solidly entertaining show, which rests more on its characters than its narratives...

I found it got better with each season. S4 benefits from the inclusion of John Lithgow in the cast
dandan
well, i shall keep watching...
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (dandan @ May 4 2010, 10:14 AM) *

Very very much so. Yes - the characters are all so well drawn and magnetic and shit. Ignore the daft plots.

oh, and the other morgan is devilishly foxy. i bet they make a cute couple in the real world...

It's just so cockle-warming that they married in the real life. I like foxy Debs - she is strong, smart yet flawed without doing a 'heehee shoes and cocktails lol' portrayal or plain boring and needy like that chick from House.
logger
Poor Stringer Bell. Poor, poor, Stringer Bell.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 4 2010, 10:28 AM) *
I did. They are horrible. I did mention it a month or so ago (in this thread I think)

Oh that explains it then - I didn't realise it was a repeat. My mistake.
melzilla
The needless editing of Red Dwarf is getting a bit annoying now. Sort it out, Dave.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (logger @ May 4 2010, 09:28 PM) *

On a related theme, Virgin currently have the ffirst three eps of season 1 of 'The Wire' to watch for free at the moment. I noticed yesterday and ended up watching the first two, despite having already seen them about three times. It's such a good show.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (melzilla @ May 5 2010, 12:32 AM) *
The needless editing of Red Dwarf is getting a bit annoying now. Sort it out, Dave.

Last night was 'Backwards' wasn't it? What on earth did they snip out of that one? I don't recall any naughty words?
Serafina_Pekkala
The bit when Cat had a turd shove up his botty.
Everlong
QUOTE (logger @ May 4 2010, 09:28 PM) *

Back in England, pushing baddies off things.

I didn't mind that yesterday as it goes.
Outatime
I didn't like his boss but the rest I didn't mind.
Zoe
We thought that you might be interested to know that tickets are now available for a brand new show beginning next week with Jason Manford, Peter Andre & Bradley Walsh! As with all of our shows, the tickets are FREE!

ODD ONE IN

With team captains Peter Andre & Jason Manford, Odd One In is a new super-sized entertainment show for Saturday night hosted by Bradley Walsh, where two teams of celebrities are bombarded with a barrage of hilarious and unusual line-ups in the studio. Guest celebrities will announced on our website as they are confirmed.

Each line-up contains a person with a special skill, an amazing talent, an odd job, or an astonishing secret . All our celebrities have to do is guess who is the Odd One In.

Oh.
Starscream`s Ghost
Bradley Walsh

And people wonder why I didn't take Law & Order UK seriously.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I also quite enjoyed Luther, despite the annoying jump cuts which only seemed to be used to show use how "troubled" Luther was.

Otherwise good stuff and I shall continue watching I think.
Everlong
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 5 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Oh.

Lemme guess, ITV?

Only they can put such a rubbish combo on a Saturday night and still pull in the viewers.
NiteFall
Surely that's a joke. Nobody would actually sit down, come up with that pitch and then actually get it commissioned? Please?
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 5 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Oh.

My friend was offered same tickets and said on FB that she would rather attend a Nazi rally. This lead to an amusing exchange between us but that's about the best of it.

Don't go. Walsh is evil.
melzilla
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ May 5 2010, 09:11 AM) *
Last night was 'Backwards' wasn't it? What on earth did they snip out of that one? I don't recall any naughty words?

The 'Santa Claus - What a barrrrstard!' bit was cut. Just weird and unnecessary.
monkeyman
The end of Dexter season 4 was so bloody sad sad.gif
maian
Has anyone else watched Breaking Bad? I watched the first two episodes when it started airing on FX two years ago, but its premiere conincided with me moving house and no longer having Sky, so it's taken me quite a while to catch up with the first season because I am a lazy, lazy person. Also, there's a lot of really good TV out there that I had to get through first.

Anyway, Breaking Bad stars Bryan Cranston (Hal from Malcolm In The Middle) as Walter, a high school chemistry teacher who, at the start of the season, is diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer. Fearing for the financial security of his family (he has two jobs, and his wife is pregnant with their second child) he hits upon the idea of teaming up with Jessie, a former pupil played by Aaron Paul, in order to cook and sell crystal meth; Walter handles the chemistry, Jessie handles the selling.

From that admittedly silly premise, the show proceeds to detail the banality of living a quiet, empty life in Albuquerque, dealing with the day-to-day struggle of cancer, and Walt's awakening as his new life starts to make him feel alive, even as the cancer slowly kills him. But at no point does it lose sight of the need to be entertaining, and it is a thoroughly entertaining show once it gets through the first two or three, which are good but, in the need to establish Walt's situation, they are uncharacteristically dour. Bryan Cranston is fantastic in the show. He brings a depth and intensity to the role, along with a sly wit and occasional moment of badassery, that I wouldn't have thought him capable of.
Zoe
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 5 2010, 01:10 PM) *
My friend was offered same tickets and said on FB that she would rather attend a Nazi rally. This lead to an amusing exchange between us but that's about the best of it.

Don't go. Walsh is evil.

I don't go to anything, I make people come to me
Outatime
QUOTE (maian @ May 5 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Has anyone else watched Breaking Bad? I watched the first two episodes when it started airing on FX two years ago, but its premiere conincided with me moving house and no longer having Sky, so it's taken me quite a while to catch up with the first season because I am a lazy, lazy person. Also, there's a lot of really good TV out there that I had to get through first.

Anyway, Breaking Bad stars Bryan Cranston (Hal from Malcolm In The Middle) as Walter, a high school chemistry teacher who, at the start of the season, is diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer. Fearing for the financial security of his family (he has two jobs, and his wife is pregnant with their second child) he hits upon the idea of teaming up with Jessie, a former pupil played by Aaron Paul, in order to cook and sell crystal meth; Walter handles the chemistry, Jessie handles the selling.

From that admittedly silly premise, the show proceeds to detail the banality of living a quiet, empty life in Albuquerque, dealing with the day-to-day struggle of cancer, and Walt's awakening as his new life starts to make him feel alive, even as the cancer slowly kills him. But at no point does it lose sight of the need to be entertaining, and it is a thoroughly entertaining show once it gets through the first two or three, which are good but, in the need to establish Walt's situation, they are uncharacteristically dour. Bryan Cranston is fantastic in the show. He brings a depth and intensity to the role, along with a sly wit and occasional moment of badassery, that I wouldn't have thought him capable of.

I've got series 2 waiting to be watched. I really enjoyed series 1 after a slow start.
maian
QUOTE (Outatime @ May 5 2010, 02:54 PM) *
I've got series 2 waiting to be watched. I really enjoyed series 1 after a slow start.

Yeah, it did take a little too long to get to a situation where Walt had to cook meth, but I admired the show for having him walk from cooking in episode 3 because he thought it was too dangerous. It was much more believable than him just throwing himself into it. It also gave the show a chance to really establish the forces in Walt's life that were forcing him into that direction.

It also didn't help that they only made the first half of the series before the Writers' Strike forced them to halt production, which explains why they take over half the series to get Walt and Jessie into a position where they have set up their operation. If it was only a third of a series, as intended, it would have made much more sense to take such a long time setting things up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.