Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (blackcherry @ May 27 2010, 09:05 AM) *
I watched an episode and a half of 30 Rock last night. I did not find it funny. I was expecting to really like it. Boo.

You are broken. It's one of the quickest, wittiest comedy on TV! Although I have only seen seasons one and two, so I don't know if the recent series are up to those high standards.
Zoe
'Money' was very good. My pal Iona was the air hostess getting abused by Nick at the end of the final episode.

If anything Nick was too likeable to be a Martin Amis character, but that made it infinitely more watchable.
blackcherry
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ May 27 2010, 02:04 PM) *
You are broken. It's one of the quickest, wittiest comedy on TV! Although I have only seen seasons one and two, so I don't know if the recent series are up to those high standards.

I found some of the lines witty but it just didn't really make me laugh enough. I think Tina Fey is very funny and an excellent comedy writer and the actors in 30 Rock are all very good but I just didn't warm to it in any way and so found it kind of boring.
Serafina_Pekkala

30Rock is the cock. I'm afraid I agree with Mr Jessops.

He gambled away mah welfare check!

widowspider

Current season has been brills. Lots of awesome Hollywood stars in small guest roles adds to the fun. Julianne Moore's Boston accent is appalling, though.
Rua
I heart thingy 30 Rock.

Thumb.
ella
30 Rock is my very favourite programme on the telly at the moment.

I do so want to be Liz Lemon when I grown up.
widowspider
QUOTE (ella @ May 27 2010, 06:05 PM) *
30 Rock is my very favourite programme on the telly at the moment.

I do so want to be Liz Lemon when I grown up.

Me too, although I fear that I'm more like Jenna Maroney.
maian

It doesn't quite. The third season is great, but the fourth sags in the middle. The cast and the guest stars still make it funny, but there's a slight sense of fatigue in the middle.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ May 26 2010, 09:48 PM) *

That's my favourite thing today. smile.gif

QUOTE (Llama @ May 26 2010, 10:42 PM) *
No, but I will make the effort to now biggrin.gif

Yay!

I didn't say it today because the team were very good.
Wife Of Rolex
I demand Mr Fuggle gets his own show.
PrincessKate
How I Met Your Mother would be far more watchable if it was all Barney and no Ted.
Zoe
Absolutely

Sean's comment on my facebook status about said show last week was inspired

QUOTE (me)
if your Dad offered to tell you "how I met your mother", how long would you expect it to take? Five years seems excessive. Is all this stuff about 'uncle Barney' strictly relevant, Dad?

QUOTE (sean)
It's going to be such an anti-climax when he finally says "Through work"
PrincessKate
Or if Sean replaced Ted.

I cannot believe it's been going on for five series and all we've reached is "Your mother was in that class..."
The myriad ways they've been hiding Cobie's and Alyson's baby bumps have been funny though.
Shack
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 28 2010, 05:00 PM) *
The myriad ways they've been hiding Cobie's and Alyson's baby bumps have been funny though.

It's last series Monica all over again.

I heart Mr Fuggles.

In Celebrity Come Dine With Me from Monday (which I've just caught up on) I was amazed at how odd Michael Barrymore was (yes, really) and how much I love Jenny Powell. I think I've always loved her, but I like her more with Eton Mess on her face.
Sostie
QUOTE (Shack @ May 28 2010, 08:35 PM) *
Eton Mess on her face.

That's exactly how the LibDems got so many seats on the Cabinet.
PrincessKate
I have never fancied Charlie Brooker more than when he was fondling that puppet's ears, and there is something profoundly wrong in that.
And evidently I wasn't the only person to point out to @YHBW that the guy who plays Miley Cyrus' brother is a stunted thirty three year old.
Llama
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 28 2010, 08:56 PM) *
I have never fancied Charlie Brooker more than when he was fondling that puppet's ears, and there is something profoundly wrong in that.

That did something for me too, I don't know why. I don't even fancy him normally. I feel wrong.
maian
The revelation in YHBW that Elmo testifed before Congress is possibly the best thing I've ever heard. It's just so strange and delughtful a notion.
sweetbutinsane
I can't believe Simon liked the "miming" pig!
Llama
I can't believe they put wood chopping through...
Raven
Sleep deprived Sheldon is very amusing!
Wife Of Rolex
I missed Eurovision for the first time in about 15 years.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Starscream`s Ghost
Relieved?
Wife Of Rolex
More numb.
Starscream`s Ghost
From what I could tell from the bit I watched, you didn't miss much.
Zoe
I enjoyed it greatly.

Romania was my favourite closely followed by Denmark, France, Belgium and Greece. I didn't think much of the German winner, but it is very interesting that the song is already a platinum selling number one single across Europe and half the crowd was singing along. It seemed inconceivable that one of the big five, or even a western European country could win these days. Germany have proved it can be done by entering an actual pop song, by an internationally known artist, popular across Europe.

We could easily do the same, with someone like Cheryl Cole.

The song doesn't have to be specially written for the competition, France entered their world cup anthem.

We have to stop bank rolling it, and go through the semi-finals like everyone else and either do the promotional tour of Europe or enter a song that's already known across Europe like Germany did.

Either that, or we do an Italy and just stop competing. Not taking it seriously, entering a half-arsed song and not bothering to put the work into promoting it, then complaining about tactical voting when we lose and snidely mocking the other countries who do put a bit of effort in is just a bit pathetic.

Germany showed it's still possible to win without the support of the Eastern Bloc and if we don't want to win we should just stop entering. Shape up or shut up.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 30 2010, 04:51 PM) *
We could easily do the same, with someone like Cheryl Cole.

That gets suggested every year, though. And always gets shot down with the same answer, that if a recognised artist came bottom, then they'd be humiliated, and that's what puts them off. Although, didn't Morrissey offer a couple of years back and got shot down?

Me, I'm all for not competing. At the very least, stop bankrolling the bloody thing.
PrincessKate
Denmark was just Every Breath You Take with some tweaks.
There was very little fun this year - twenty-odd suicide-inducing ballads, then the twin wonders of France and Greece.
And Germany, which was definitely inoffensive.
We enjoyed the Spanish stage invader, but didn't think they needed to perform again (scary clowns and all), because their guy held it together pretty well.
Zoe
Denmark was amazing, it was really only part of the guitar riff that was similar to Sting... and the singer's hair.

I don't mean that an established act (like Morrissey) should write a song for Eurovision, we should enter a song that's already been a hit around Europe, like Germany did.

Me and my friends had a lot of fun watching it, even if no one else did! Father Noel Furlong seemed to enjoy it too.
PrincessKate
We had a great time, but the acts were too po-faced.
Got a lot of mileage out of the butterflies, though.
And the man presenter was Norway's NPH.
Zoe
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 30 2010, 05:21 PM) *
And the man presenter was Norway's NPH.

He should have won for that one amazing link he did - best performance of the night.
PrincessKate
And some sterling work in fluffy wings.
Serafina_Pekkala
Re: Eurovision - when out last night, I ended up chatting a load of drunken sweet Norwegian ladies in a bar - they were very nice. Apparently I 'can say the words very well' - which I took as a compliment on my pronounciation. Hooray. I have been trying.

The Scheme - yu cudnae mek shite like this up, ken? Pass me the Buckie, ya cuntybaws.

Warts-and-all portrayal of Kilmarnock's worst residents of the worst housing estate. All the crazy jakey gadgies make working-class people across Scotland wince with familiarity of subject matter. We've all met people like that on a bus. The wee daughter is the sweetest and funniest thing in there. The rest is pretty much car-crash telly. Compelling.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Llama @ May 29 2010, 09:33 PM) *
I can't believe they put wood chopping through...

The guy with the scratchy Elton John CD was my favourite. So funny. happy.gif
Llama
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ May 30 2010, 06:25 PM) *
The guy with the scratchy Elton John CD was my favourite. So funny. happy.gif

He was one of my favourites so far, I wish there were more acts like that and fewer dancers and singers (who could just go on the many dancing and singing programmes there are instead).
monkeyman
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 30 2010, 06:13 PM) *

The Scheme - yu cudnae mek shite like this up, ken? Pass me the Buckie, ya cuntybaws.

Warts-and-all portrayal of Kilmarnock's worst residents of the worst housing estate. All the crazy jakey gadgies make working-class people across Scotland wince with familiarity of subject matter. We've all met people like that on a bus. The wee daughter is the sweetest and funniest thing in there. The rest is pretty much car-crash telly. Compelling.

Bah, I meant to set this to record.
maian
The only thing that could make the paintball episode of Community better would be if, when Ken Jeong enters with the automatic machine gun thing, a bunch of doves flew up into the air, completing the John Woo-ness of the scene. Otherwise; wow.
logger
QUOTE (maian @ May 30 2010, 10:42 PM) *
a bunch of doves flew up into the air, completing the John Woo-ness of the scene. Otherwise; wow.

I can't believe that that didn't happen. And that really is an incredible episode.
sweetbutinsane
Britain's Got Talent thoughts:

Threebee - Even better than their audition. Very entertaining.
Olivia Archbold - I liked her audition, but I felt she wasn't as good on this song.
Kevin Cruise - Why?
Stevie Starr - Oddly compelling, but I'm not so sure I want to see him again.
Tobias Mead - Excellent!
Shaun Sheehan - No. Just... No.
Josh Barry - Same as Olivia. His audition was better.
Spelbound - Spellbinding! happy.gif

I'd like to see Spelbound and Tobias Mead get through.
monkeyman
Josh Barry can't pronounce words properly when he sings. He can bugger off. I want the weird swallow/piker guy to go through.
PrincessKate
This "Celeb" edition of 4 weddings is odd - that red faced girl off of the Apprentice is objecting to a wedding dress looking like 'something off the top of a cake', and 'wanting people to look at her'.
Well, she is the bride...
Also, it was a Jewish wedding and the played a dance remix of Hava Nagila, so I was happy.
Llama
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 31 2010, 09:41 PM) *
I want the weird swallow/piker guy to go through.

He really should have done. He was one of the few BGT acts I've ever actually wanted to see more of. I still can't work out how it's done.

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 31 2010, 10:18 PM) *
Also, it was a Jewish wedding and the played a dance remix of Hava Nagila, so I was happy.

Always good.
monkeyman
Puker, not piker, damn auto-correct. It's weird he must be doing something I don't think the judges (Amanda) would be in on the trick and sort of giving him help over the competition. I'm intriuged to see what he does next.
blackcherry
I watched Derren Brown Investigates last night about US ghost hunter Lou Gentille. I thought Derren was actually quite respectful of the guy's beliefs which must have been pretty difficult in some parts as the guys claims seemed pretty flimsy really. It was kinda sad to see someone so desperate to believe in ghosts getting really angry about scientific explanations for the 'paranormal phenomena' he had discovered. There was footage of an exorcism which an epilepsy expert said was actually the guy having a stress-induced seizure. Whilst I don't believe in anything paranormal, I generally think that it's fine for people to believe in whatever they want to believe but when it prevents someone from seeking help for what seems to be quite a serious psychological or physical issue (like stress so severe it can bring on a seizure) I really can't go along with that any more.
Llama
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 31 2010, 11:41 PM) *
Puker, not piker, damn auto-correct. It's weird he must be doing something I don't think the judges (Amanda) would be in on the trick and sort of giving him help over the competition. I'm intriuged to see what he does next.

Well, we won't get to see any more since he got voted out!

QUOTE (blackcherry @ Jun 1 2010, 10:05 AM) *
I generally think that it's fine for people to believe in whatever they want to believe but when it prevents someone from seeking help for what seems to be quite a serious psychological or physical issue (like stress so severe it can bring on a seizure) I really can't go along with that any more.

Exactly. The woman whose house was "possessed" sounded like she was schizophrenic. My boyfriend's friend is, and he's had similar things happen to him - seeing himself in the garden telling him to kill himself. These people need to seek proper help.
blackcherry
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 1 2010, 12:48 PM) *
Exactly. The woman whose house was "possessed" sounded like she was schizophrenic. My boyfriend's friend is, and he's had similar things happen to him - seeing himself in the garden telling him to kill himself. These people need to seek proper help.

I agree, her saying that she wasn't in control of what she was doing and walking down the stairs with the intention of killing her boyfriend sounds pretty disturbing. It also sounded to me like it could have been sleepwalking during a nightmare or something like that - like that story in the news a while ago about the man who killed his wife in his sleep. Derren's explanation of sleep paralysis does seem to explain why many people wake up unable to move and experience something holding them down or sitting close by.
Llama
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Jun 1 2010, 01:15 PM) *
I agree, her saying that she wasn't in control of what she was doing and walking down the stairs with the intention of killing her boyfriend sounds pretty disturbing. It also sounded to me like it could have been sleepwalking during a nightmare or something like that - like that story in the news a while ago about the man who killed his wife in his sleep. Derren's explanation of sleep paralysis does seem to explain why many people wake up unable to move and experience something holding them down or sitting close by.

I definitely fear for her and her boyfriend's safety, my only thought is maybe that she might be more at ease, psychologically, after the whole "blessing" of the house, but that's no guarantee. Sleep paralysis was what I thought immediately when the woman described it, and some of the other episodes sounded like they might just be lucid dreams. Superstition is so damaging, I can't bear to think of how many people must have died, been injured or are just living in fear of things which have perfectly normal scientific explanation and could be dealt with so easily.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 1 2010, 12:48 PM) *
Well, we won't get to see any more since he got voted out!

Lame! Did the singer guy who can't say words properly get through? I wish singers would fuck off from BGT. It's so boring.
Zoe
Tobias and Spellbound got through - well deserved I'd say. Neither of the singers were strong enough to stand out.

The regurgitator really stepped up last night, he would have been my third choice. It was really original, inventive magic.

Spellbound are just in a league of their own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.