Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Sostie
I love the first time you see the X-Factor finalists post make-over. It's like watching a trailer for some third rate SyFy Channel TV series about teens with superpowers and evil humanoids.

I felt sorry for Gamu, but all her performances irritated me. Especially "You are my sunshine, whoa-oa, you are my sunshine, whoa-oa..." Sing the right words

I'm glad Rebecca is through. Katie and Cher not so much. I haven't liked Cher since her first appearance. Not sure whether it's the way she sings out the corner of her mouth, that she's another contestant who thinks a shit freestyle rap is new/clever/different or the general sight of a scrawny little girl onstage acting like some awful R&B act. Like a lot of those through, I don't think she's going to be very versatile.

Louis is obviously going to try and mould Storm as the new Rhydian.

And what a surprise. The two groups Simon decided to form from scratch went through. Though I'm happy the girl group did because The Other Rebecca in the girl group is gorgeous.

Oh well. I bet in a few months my opinions on everyone will change, and the person/people we never considered as a winner will win in the end.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I watched it yesterday, and I wasn't that impressed. Oddly, two of the groups were quite good. The young lads looked like 5 Justin Beibers. I reckon Cowell is thinking money,money,money. And the four lasses did a good job.

Cheryl has got better looking. I didn't think it was possible.

And I concur with the comments re:Will. I. Am. looking a twat.
Zoe
Go Go Nicolo!
Sostie
I am now completely up to date with Community. I love it.
logger
I only learned today that Ken Jeong is a doctor.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 4 2010, 10:34 AM) *
Go Go Nicolo!

He is such a fucking whore with the camera - 'yes, i'm hot, what of it?'. And sneery. It's like he is in Slytherin or something. I hope he wins.

Bubblewraphead Katie - can't believe she got through - whenever she opens her mouth, the "SHUTUP!SHUTUP!" sign goes off in my head. Cannot stand her.
Zoe
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Oct 4 2010, 12:33 PM) *
I hope he wins.

Yes, he is already on track to be my favourite X-Factor contestant of all time.

He has three usually mutually exclusive categories rolled into one.

Ridiculous/Funny + Sexy + actually a good singer
Serafina_Pekkala
He is mysterious too. Italian mystery.

But mostly funny/ridiculous.
maian
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 4 2010, 10:51 AM) *
I only learned today that Ken Jeong is a doctor.

I guess he must have had a Chang of heart.
Llama
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Oct 4 2010, 12:33 PM) *
It's like he is in Slytherin or something.

It so is.
monkeyman
Sexy? Really?
Zoe
WOOF!
Rua
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 4 2010, 01:36 PM) *
Sexy? Really?

I love it when this happens.

Sexy? Really? I was under the impression I was sexy. I shall return to my study.
Zoe
I'm not kidding

monkeyman
QUOTE (Rua @ Oct 4 2010, 01:44 PM) *
I love it when this happens.

Sexy? Really? I was under the impression I was sexy. I shall return to my study.

sad.gif

I dint think I'm sexy I just can't see him as anything other than....well. Not sexy. But then again I'm a straight guy and my opinion is invalid laugh.gif
Zoe
It's the combination of model good looks, arrogance and slight campness.

It really shouldn't work, but BOY does it.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 4 2010, 10:34 AM) *
Go Go Nicolo!

He reminds me of that other Italian singing irritant, Baltimora.
logger
QUOTE (maian @ Oct 4 2010, 12:59 PM) *
I guess he must have had a Chang of heart.

If this Senor Chang tumblr (spoilers) is anything to go by he could have been a dancer.

Community really is a giftastic show.
widowspider
Community is ace-tastic. I'm also loving 30 Rock and Modern Family - that show keeps getting funnier. Did anyone see last week's episode (in the US)? They finally addressed the fact that Mitchell and Cam don't kiss on the show, but made it hilarious. Genius.
logger
I liked how when they finally did kiss it showed how ridiculous a thing it is for anybody to be upset about.
Zoe
Don't they kiss?

I've only seen the first series, but I remember them kissing on the mouth when they said hello and goodbye - and in other times of affection.

Did I imagine it?
Atara
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 4 2010, 01:36 PM) *
Sexy? Really?

Yeah... Girls like cocky, overly confident and pretty boys. We can't help it.
widowspider
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 4 2010, 03:40 PM) *
Don't they kiss?

I've only seen the first series, but I remember them kissing on the mouth when they said hello and goodbye - and in other times of affection.

Did I imagine it?

I think you might have - I remember thinking how noticeable it was that they are not affectionate like the straight couples on the show are. I thought they'd probably gradually work it in to give the audience time to get used to it (middle America = not always so tolerant).
Zoe
Really? Then I'm going mad, because I definitely remember them kissing.

I also 'remembered' Jeff Bridges being in The Squid and the Whale. Sometimes my brain just makes shit up
gulfcoast_highwayman
No, their kiss in episode one of season 2 was the first time.

See here: http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/30/pd...-modern-family/

Warning for spoilers.
Shack
QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 4 2010, 10:00 AM) *
I love the first time you see the X-Factor finalists post make-over. It's like watching a trailer for some third rate SyFy Channel TV series about teens with superpowers and evil humanoids.

I'm glad Rebecca is through. Katie and Cher not so much. I haven't liked Cher since her first appearance. Not sure whether it's the way she sings out the corner of her mouth, that she's another contestant who thinks a shit freestyle rap is new/clever/different or the general sight of a scrawny little girl onstage acting like some awful R&B act. Like a lot of those through, I don't think she's going to be very versatile.

Louis is obviously going to try and mould Storm as the new Rhydian.

And what a surprise. The two groups Simon decided to form from scratch went through. Though I'm happy the girl group did because The Other Rebecca in the girl group is gorgeous.

I agree with all these things.

Storm even did a quizzical Rhydian face. I'm not even sure if Rhydian ever did such a face, but it reminded me of him enormously. I think the over 28's chap with the hat will go first as I can't even remember his name. Andy?

Tips for winners, even though I don't want them to?
Mary Byrne (housewives choice) and One Direction (tweeny vote).

My favourites are Matt Cardle (possibly because he's a painter and decorator), Belle Amie, Storm (for his slightly unhinged quality) and Rebecca.

I really want to scrub Cher's face with a flannel. And stop her from dressing like either a high class prostitute or Lady Penelope.
logger
I watched the first episode of Todd Margaret, it's pretty much the pilot with the Inbetweeners guy replacing the werewolf guy and a few other bits. I'm not sure if he's right for the part, although it is a tough part because the character is basically a dick. We'll have to see how it goes from here.

Episode 2 of the new series of East Bound and Down contained what is possibley my favourite Kenny Powers line, "There is no I in team but there is a U in cunt, so don't be little jealous cunts, ok."
Llama
QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 4 2010, 04:51 PM) *
Yeah... Girls like cocky, overly confident and pretty boys. We can't help it.

Hey, not all of us... I loathe those guys. Well, the pretty part is fine.
logger
Remember Brits, Community starts on Viva tomorrow at 8.

I love this show much that I want everyone to see it.
gulfcoast_highwayman
How the hell did Viva get his show? By all accounts (your included) it's bloody good.

Comedy Central have just started a show based around fat gags. Couldn't they have bought this instead? I feel slightly dirty watching Viva because of their appalling adverts.
Llama
I'm disappointed at having to watch something on Viva too, but I'll certainly set it to record.
Atara
QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 5 2010, 10:17 AM) *

I sort of loathe them yet like them all at once. I'd never, pre-marriage, actually date one though. I can't be doing with vain knobs in the long term.
maian
The new Hawaii 5-O is a lot more fun than it has any right to be.
widowspider
QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 5 2010, 09:17 AM) *

Yeah, I'm with you. It's fun to lust after a fictional character who is an arrogant bastard, but if it's a real person who is like that I just find them unvelievably unattractive.
logger
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Oct 5 2010, 12:36 PM) *
How the hell did Viva get his show? By all accounts (your included) it's bloody good.

Comedy Central have just started a show based around fat gags. Couldn't they have bought this instead? I feel slightly dirty watching Viva because of their appalling adverts.

They'll probably get it if it becomes successful, like they did with 30 Rock. My only worry is that it might not be successful because it's on Viva. Not only would I not want to watch that channel but I haven't seen this advertised anywhere so if it hadn't been posted on here I wouldn't have known it was on and it's not like I'm going to check Viva to see if they have anything on on the off chance, I pretty much skip the music channels anyway.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 5 2010, 10:17 AM) *

I agree. Especially about the pretty part. biggrin.gif
logger
Community was on last night as I checked what was on Viva on the off chance. It's on again tonight at 8. I was a bit disappointed that they cut a little of John Oliver out of the first episode for what I can only assume was to save time as there was nothing controversial involved. It's a pity because the full shows are only about 20 minutes long.
Zoe
Oh! I thought it started tonight.

Thank god for the endless repetitive nature of cable TV
Outatime
From the description on the Viva website it certainly looks like the first episode is tonight unsure.gif
gulfcoast_highwayman
US-paced Glee:

Well, that made me cry eyes out. Some beautiful moments, mostly from Kurt. His rendition of 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' was heartbreaking.

Where did they find such a perfect young lad to play mini-Kurt? He was the spit of the real thing!
maian
Having caught a few episodes on the plane to Florida, I've been catching up with the second season of Parks & Recreation. It's fantastic. Very funny writing, great performances (Amy Poehler is terrific as efficient administrator, socially inept person Leslie Knope, and Nick Offerman is wonderful as Ron Fucking Swanson) and a nicely developed world that takes the world of public service and tweaks it ever so slightly to create bizarre and delightful situations such as Leslie sparking controversy when she accidentally marries two gay penguins, or the bitter rivalry between the Parks Department and the evil empire of the public library.

It's really very funny and worth checking out, but ignore the first season which is not very good at all. I mean, you should watch it after the second to see just how much it improved, but start with the second season.
dandan
i started watching the first season, after enjoying aziz ansari live, but it was only okay... i may give the second season a try...
maian
I'd recommend it. They've really figured out what to do with the characters in the second season and they seem to have given the cast more room to have fun with the roles.
Sean of the Dead
It really is quite astonishing how much of an improvement it is, and such a shame that a poor first season may deter people from watching my second favourite US sitcom of last year.
Julie
Ron Swanson is one of my favourite characters on television.
maian
Tom: Is that bacon on your turkey leg?
Ron: They call it a Swanson.
Sean of the Dead
I'd buy a Duke Silver album, I honestly would.
maian
I hear Memories of Now is pretty good.

Just found my favourite exchange, from the episode Kaboom:

Leslie: Hey, can I smoke in here?
Ron: You don't smoke.
Leslie: Just asking if I can.
Ron: Are you high?
Leslie: I'm high on Ka-boom. Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness.
Ron: That's right, you never did ask me for permission, did you? Well, I'm sorry to burst your ka-bubble, but I just had my ass ka-handed to me by the City Manager, and now this entire department is ka-screwed.
Leslie: Ron, I am so, so, so sorry
Ron: What the ka-f**k were you thinking?
Ade
Frankly I'm amazed how many actors seem to have the same Middle Fucking Name.
widowspider
It really is a fabulous show. We've been spoiled for excellent comedy recently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.