Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Rebus
QUOTE (widowspider @ Oct 14 2010, 02:21 AM) *
It's in serious danger of being cancelled, because Fox are ratings pussies and whenever a show doesn't immediately get epic ratings, they cancel it in five seconds flat.

Yeah, there's currently a petition to save it. Cos, y'know, they always work.
logger
I'd pay to see Gangs of Gangsters.
Everlong
Just watched the repeat of A History Of Horror on BBC4.

Quite liked it. Glad to see it's part of a 3-part series too.

"I Walked With A Zombie" is following it, though I'm sky+ing it as I'm off to bed soon.
NiteFall
Live 30 Rock is strange.
logger
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 15 2010, 03:08 PM) *
Live 30 Rock is strange.

I was just about to say the very same thing. It kind of worked but was so different from what the show is it made you wonder why they did it. Anyway, it was good to see Rachel Dratch return.

And now I've watched the West Coast version. I wish they'd done more different jokes.
Shack
In danger on the X Factor tonight...

Katie (again - I just don't like her), Aiden and John.

A lot of the performances this year seem to get stronger and stronger. I think more than any other year, each act brings something slightly different to the table and King Cowell can barely contain the pound signs in his eyes for all the different acts and the money I think a lot of them could make.

One thing I just don't get this year is Cher. She is distinctly odd when talking but not in a quirky amusing way, in a slightly stilted manic way. It makes her very hard to warm to.
melzilla
QUOTE (Shack @ Oct 17 2010, 03:24 PM) *
In danger on the X Factor tonight...

Katie (again - I just don't like her), Aiden and John.

A lot of the performances this year seem to get stronger and stronger. I think more than any other year, each act brings something slightly different to the table and King Cowell can barely contain the pound signs in his eyes for all the different acts and the money I think a lot of them could make.

One thing I just don't get this year is Cher. She is distinctly odd when talking but not in a quirky amusing way, in a slightly stilted manic way. It makes her very hard to warm to.

I agree. I don't like Katie, Aiden or Cher.

I do like Rebecca and Tracycyeacace although they'll probably both be turned into Alexandra Burke-a-likes.

Wagner ftw!
Atara
cher is geniunly scary. Her face is so angular and scowly and she comes across like she might stab you
PrincessKate
It's her awful, gurny mouth that bothers me.
Shack
Looks like my theory was well wrong.
Atara
I hope Simon picks on eof his own acts to go and doesn't get left till last to choose and makes it go to votes
Atara
Oh my, I just watched that BBc Showreel from the Doctor Who thread and Single Father, with David Tennant in, is on now

I better not have missed any of the other things sad.gif
Shack
With the exception of Wagner, I suppose the two weakest acts in terms of singing from Saturday have gone.

It seems the general public have something against girl groups as well.

As an aside, I loved the photos of Wagner from his twenties. I also want to learn Wagner Karate and have a picture of me taken where I am holding the tail of a lion.

Everlong
QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 17 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Oh my, I just watched that BBc Showreel from the Doctor Who thread and Single Father, with David Tennant in, is on now

I better not have missed any of the other things sad.gif

I think that Showreel is for shows going up to new year, I don't think any of it (aside from Single Father) has been on yet.

I'm liking Single Father. Bit depressing but it's good.

QUOTE (Shack @ Oct 17 2010, 09:23 PM) *
I also want to learn Wagner Karate and have a picture of me taken where I am holding the tail of a lion.

That lion picture is brilliant.
sweetbutinsane
Yay for new Desperate Housewives! Carlos looks so different without his beard.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Trailer for US 'Shameless'

The casting of William H Macy makes me think it might be any good. I hope they have included Kev & Veronica (or whatever they'll call them over there). They were a massive part of the UK show's real glory days.
Shack
The First Men In The Moon

Terrific Rory Kinnear and Mark Gatiss sci fi fun.

Charming and lovely.
NiteFall
I didn't download and watch the leaked to the internet first episode of Walking Dead because that would be naughty of me. Honest.
Julie
Community is fucking brilliant. If it gets cancelled I will quit TV.
dandan
it's always sunny in philadelphia...
monkeyman
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 20 2010, 11:15 PM) *
I didn't download and watch the leaked to the internet first episode of Walking Dead because that would be naughty of me. Honest.

Dunno about you but I thought it was pretty damn good.
gulfcoast_highwayman
The 'will you do my shoulders' bit in 'Modern Family' made me laugh for ages. Best episode of the second series. A relief, as I found last week's a bit flat.
gulfcoast_highwayman
The pilot of 'The Walking Dead' is brilliant! If you have the means, I highly suggest checking it out.
logger
It was a lot better than I expected it to be. Darabont has worked his magic to make it better than the comics, which I was never that impressed with anyway.
Shack
Goodbye Belle Amie?

And possibly time for Wagner's lustre to fade?
Shack
QUOTE (Shack @ Oct 24 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Goodbye Belle Amie?

And possibly time for Wagner's lustre to fade?

Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrong.
Everlong
Two acts that shouldn't be in the bottom two are in the bottom two.

Balls.

Treyc to go through I bet.
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Oct 23 2010, 01:11 PM) *
The pilot of 'The Walking Dead' is brilliant! If you have the means, I highly suggest checking it out.

I caved in and watched it too. I'm looking forward to the show.
Sostie
If the Mini-Pops were still going, I'm sure their rap numbers would be just like a Cher X-Factor performance. I wish they'd stop calling her "unique" and "original" - it's just a shit version of Mis-Teeq, and they were shit already.

Despite all the fawning over Cher, in every X-Tra Factor so far not a single celebrity guest has singled out Cher as being special. Few members of the public in the studio have either!

I wish they would announce the votes in order. It would be interesting to see. Wasn't it Joe McEldry that only came top in two shows despite winning X-Factor?

In other news, Running Wilde is getting better and better. Will Arnett's "accidental" homo-erotic car wash the other week was hilarious. Arnett and Serafinowicz are also a great on screen pairing.
Shack
QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 25 2010, 09:53 AM) *
If the Mini-Pops were still going, I'm sure their rap numbers would be just like a Cher X-Factor performance. I wish they'd stop calling her "unique" and "original" - it's just a shit version of Mis-Teeq, and they were shit already.

Despite all the fawning over Cher, in every X-Tra Factor so far not a single celebrity guest has singled out Cher as being special. Few members of the public in the studio have either!

I wish they would announce the votes in order. It would be interesting to see. Wasn't it Joe McEldry that only came top in two shows despite winning X-Factor?

I think One Direction and Mary are topping the votes at the moment, and they'll probably both get to the final.

There's something odd about Cher. The closest I can come to describing it is that she looks like someone who might end up in a wedding dress and swearing loudly during a disrupted reception. It's not that she's rough, she just looks like she could turn.

I was amazed that Matt's performance was so well recieved. Travis did that years ago.
PrincessKate
I don't recall there being so many amusing nicknames for X Factor contestants in previous years. Some of my favourites:

Internet Dreamboy Matt Cardle
"Lazy Decorator"
Aiden "Don't let him near the knife drawer" Grimshaw
Katie Weasel
"Chair"
"Traik"
Zoe
I physically can't help calling him Matt Cardie

I bet he owns loads
PrincessKate
I also laughed at "He didn't even have the decency to change the words to 'Hat me baby, one more time'".

Prediction Time: Going on past form, Matt to sing Ben Gibbard's take on Thriller for Halloween Week.
Sostie
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Oct 26 2010, 08:23 AM) *

I refer to him as Aiden "His mum is a MILF" Grimshaw. She is so hot.

Anyone else think he has a little piranha mouth?
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 26 2010, 10:30 AM) *
Anyone else think he has a little piranha mouth?

Actual lols.

Aidan "little piranha mouth" Grimshaw.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Oct 26 2010, 08:23 AM) *

Me and my sister have decided that he reminds us of Eddie from Friends. It's something about the faces he pulls and the intense creepiness...
omni
I have just finished season 1 of Veronica Mars, catching up on those series I never got to watch because I had no TV in Queens for 5 years. I now understand the fascination with Kristen Bell. She's quite good.
Raven
Colditz on Yesterday.

He's gonna get caught . . .
maian
QUOTE (omni @ Oct 26 2010, 10:11 PM) *
I have just finished season 1 of Veronica Mars, catching up on those series I never got to watch because I had no TV in Queens for 5 years. I now understand the fascination with Kristen Bell. She's quite good.

I adore Veronica Mars. The second season, for me, is even better. The central mystery is just more compelling. The third is good, but the shift from one long story to several smaller arcs didn't do it any favours.
NiteFall
Why do I keep watching this wretched Hawaii 5-0 remake? It's poor on almost every level and carries with it the stink of cancellation, but I just can't stop watching it.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 26 2010, 11:51 PM) *
Why do I keep watching this wretched Hawaii 5-0 remake? It's poor on almost every level and carries with it the stink of cancellation, but I just can't stop watching it.

Have they kept the opening zoom shot and theme tune?
Shack
Misfits

Have had this on my "to watch" pile of things on 4OD for quite a while and have just ploughed through series one in less than 24 hours. I absolutely and thoroughly loved it.

London (presumably) gets hit by a storm, giving people special powers/abilities, but no-one really realises except those that have the powers and none of the authorities catch on. Five young offenders get given powers and have to overcome various problems throughout the series. It's a bit hard to describe without giving bits away but the storyline is well thought out and the characters maintain a steady arc (unlike say the last few episodes of the Inbetweeners where Jay and Neil turn into wankers who burn their friends stuff for example).

There were times when I thought they'd stuck ideas in the story for the sake of it, but overall the excellent characters, especially Simon (looks a bit like a mental Jessop) and Kelly but notably Nathan, keep pulling it through, especially with their generally half-arsed approach to everything and that fact that powers can be a bit useless as well.

Nathan has all the best lines by miles. He's a new comic genius.

I cannot wait for the next series to start. Underrated.
ella
Misfits is all kinds of awesome. They just teasered series two and I can't wait either.
Shack
QUOTE (ella @ Oct 27 2010, 02:37 PM) *
Misfits is all kinds of awesome. They just teasered series two and I can't wait either.

That's what reminded me to watch series one.

So. Many. Good. Lines.
maian
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 26 2010, 11:51 PM) *

Seeing as it's the most successful new show of the season, I don't think there is any chance of it getting cancelled.

I really enjoyed the pilot but I've not been back since. It's a little too like everything else that's on there days. The guy playing Danno is great, and would be pretty much the only reason I'd have for watching more of it.
Shack
Film 2010

Love Winkles. Always have. She's a delight in this, very natural and very funny as well. I do get the feeling that she's winking at me whenever she looks down the camera though. This could be one of 3 things:

1. One of her eyes is bigger than the other.
2. She wears too much eye makeup.
3. I love her.

Perhaps all three are true.

My only query on the new format is the bit where members of the public (I assume) give their top fives of different things. It shows you a filmic buff talking and doing little jokes and being themselves (yuck) and gives you their opinions (urgh). That said, it's a bit like someone putting a top five of, say, films where someone swims in the nude on here, and then everyone picks it apart, which probably would work. The thing that I intended to be a criticism isn't but it needs more people interactively slagging off the top five of the person who is on the programme.

Not sure about Danny Lee though. I think he needs to rant about a film negatively before I respect him.
logger
Community's Halloween special was pretty awesome.
empathy-with-beast
"No supernatural horror film in which it is eventually revealed that the supernatural elements were actually a result of the protagonist's mental illness is ever any good." Discuss.
Outatime
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 29 2010, 05:36 AM) *
Community's Halloween special was pretty awesome.

As was the Castle one. Gotta love a space cowboy.
grumpygit
Psychoville Halloween Special.
Sunday 31 October
10:00pm - 11:00pm
BBC2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.