Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Hobbes
Just watched the first 2 episodes (largely) based on positivity from on here. Real good stuff, enjoying it so far.
bigfatrich
Is anybody still watching Stargate Universe? It's got me gripped again after a bit of a meh period. Robert Carlye is putting in a really good performance as Dr. Rush.
Shack
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Nov 18 2010, 02:15 PM) *
Gillian, unfortunately for her, looks like a goblin. No amount of tofu and sunflower seeds can change that.

She is also seemingly lacking in self awareness. I'm not sure she realised how irritating she is.

I'd love to put some weight on for old age. My grandad gave the best cuddles thanks to his roly poly tum.

The Apprentice

I is well hooked. Stuart Baggs is tremendous, but for all the wrong reasons. Punchably watchable.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Shack @ Nov 19 2010, 09:02 PM) *
The Apprentice

I is well hooked. Stuart Baggs is tremendous, but for all the wrong reasons. Punchably watchable.

Oh God, that smug grin he had when he was told his team had won. And he was shite.

I don't think Sandeesh should have gone just yet, and I think Lord Sugar thought that too. He clearly took no pleasure in firing her, but one of them had to go. It was just her bad luck that out of those three she was just that bit less.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Shack @ Nov 19 2010, 09:02 PM) *
I'd love to put some weight on for old age. My grandad gave the best cuddles thanks to his roly poly tum.

Come to my gingerbread house in the forest. You shall feast upon pies and Guinness.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Nov 19 2010, 10:17 PM) *
Come to my gingerbread house in the forest. You shall feast upon pies and Guinness.

She has soup, too - who could resist?

I am avoiding Children in Need. It feels cruel, but it's a seething mass of JLS and Cheryl Cole this year.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Nov 19 2010, 10:20 PM) *
She has soup, too - who could resist?

Jah. Good soup. Lovely soup. Come come to me, meine liebschen.

Just wait till I'm a crone, then it will be scary. smile.gif
maian
I was giggling like an idiot all the way through the last five minutes of Community this week. The constant conspiracies, lessons and shifting of allegiances reminded me of my favourite Arrested Development episode, Pier Pressure, but stretched out to beautifully silly extremes.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 20 2010, 01:38 AM) *
I was giggling like an idiot all the way through the last five minutes of Community this week. The constant conspiracies, lessons and shifting of allegiances reminded me of my favourite Arrested Development episode, Pier Pressure, but stretched out to beautifully silly extremes.

Excellent comparison. I'll say it: Community is my new Arrested Development. They are both awesome.
Shack
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Nov 19 2010, 10:17 PM) *

I'll take two Guinness pies and lashing of chips.
maian
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Nov 20 2010, 02:00 AM) *
Excellent comparison. I'll say it: Community is my new Arrested Development. They are both awesome.

Based on how funny and moving its second season was, I was prepared to declare Parks and Rec my new Arrested Development. This current run of Community episodes has been so uniformly excellent, though, that I've had to reassess. I'll wait until Season 3 of Parks and Rec starts in January before making a decision, but they will have to pull something really special out to top what Community has been doing.

My sister is visting and I've started showing her the first season, and it really impresses me how much the characters have grown over the course of the two seasons, yet how natural that development has been.
logger

A still from Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas.
PrincessKate
I love how Jonathan from BTVS is getting a second wind in Mad Men.
sleeping_pirate
I'm very, very late to it- but I do love 30 Rock.
maian
Watch up until Michael Sheen shows up then stop.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 21 2010, 01:57 AM) *

Harsh; it still has its moments, but Sheeny did steal that show. I can't believe Jon Hamm was nominated for best guest star in a sitcom at the Emmy's over him...
maian
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Nov 21 2010, 02:05 AM) *
Harsh; it still has its moments, but Sheeny did steal that show. I can't believe Jon Hamm was nominated for best guest star in a sitcom at the Emmy's over him...

I've just found so little to like, and nothing to love, in the current season. Aside from the Cash Cab episode there has been literally nothing memorable in the new run, with the possible exception of the live episode, which is notable only for how horrible and awkward it is.

It's now reached the point where I started watching an episode on a streaming site, the website cut out, and I didn't care enough to refresh or try again. I think I'm done.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 21 2010, 01:57 AM) *

What season is that?
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Nov 21 2010, 03:37 PM) *
What season is that?

Season 4.
Atara
Michael Sheen is in 30 Rock? Why have I not watched this sooner. So he is good in it right, I stop watching after he leaves?
maian
He's great, really, really funny, and he forms a major part of the Season 4 finale, but Season 5 has, for me, been a painful disappointment so far. Maybe if he comes back it'll get better, but he had a small but definite arc that resolved itself pretty comprehensively.

Edit: I kind of feel bad for attacking 30 Rock, a show I have a huge amount of goodwill for, but I do think that there has been a huge drop off in quality between the end of Season 4 and the start of Season 5. And Season 4 was pretty shaky at best.
Shack
Live fainting on ITV tonight.

I wonder if they'll take Gillian out of the jungle now?
Jimmay
Episode 3 of Waking Dead was rather excellent. They seem to be taking bits from the entire run so far and plugging it into appropriate bits. Spoilers for those who haven't read the comics: It looks like they are going to put a lot of the parts of Rick's breakdown into Shane's character before they kill him off (if they kill him off.) Him beating up that wife beater Ed was very reminiscent of when Rick beat that paedophile murderer half to death in the prison. I think it would be a good way to keep the story moving along quickly. I also wouldn't be surprised if they put some of the Governor's storyline into Morrell as he's already got one hand missing
logger
Community Noir Trailer possible spoilers if you're not fully up to date with US Community.

Somebody also pointed out that there was a big Synecdoche, New York thing going on with the last episode. I can kind of see that with the blanket fort getting bigger and bigger but I would have to watch it again to see if anything else is going on in the background.
maian
I didn't really get that feeling from it, mainly because I thought that it was more of a silly set-up for the chase scene. Considering all the good natured digs at Charlie Kaufman in the Abed is Jesus episode a few weeks ago it wouldn't surprise me if it was a sly homage.
Julie
Fred Armisen as the cockney Queen on last week's SNL is killing me.
widowspider
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Nov 16 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Teehee!

Anyway, I am rather disappointed by the lack of the Janitor. I hope he hasn't gone for good as he was my favourite character. sad.gif

That actor hs a starring role in another show now, so it's unlikely he will make more than a passing appearance, if any.

QUOTE (Julie @ Nov 22 2010, 11:09 PM) *
Fred Armisen as the cockney Queen on last week's SNL is killing me.

It was genius. Bill Hader as Prince Phillip was equally hilarious/disturbing, although I kept hoping he would slide in his hysterically good Edgar Wright impression.

Anne Hathaway was a great host this week - her Katie Holmes and Judy Garland impressions were really good!
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (widowspider @ Nov 23 2010, 04:11 PM) *
It was genius.

I am glad because on paper - it sounds excruciating.

Anne Hathaway seems funny. I like her. We can all be hoodwinked by an Italian who promises mystery and jewels.
Jimmay
After watching 10 episodes in 2 days I am now up to date with Community (at UK TV Pace) and I absolutely love it. I rarely laugh out loud when watching things by myself but I've been chuckling away at every episode. I've just watched the one with the dancing. The only problem with watching them so quickly is that I can't remember which episode is which or which ones stand out. So I guess I'll have to watch them all again.
PrincessKate
I'm enjoying new Scrubs - much better than the previous series - and Ted & Gooch's departure was sweet.
Disturbingly attracted to Cole, though. Because he's short and cocky, I think. As well as those stellar Franco genes, of course.
Jimmay
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Nov 23 2010, 10:01 PM) *
I'm enjoying new Scrubs - much better than the previous series - and Ted & Gooch's departure was sweet.
Disturbingly attracted to Cole, though. Because he's short and cocky, I think. As well as those stellar Franco genes, of course.

I was so pleased with how the last series ended with JD leaving that I've decided not to bother with this series. Who of the original line up is actually in it?
gulfcoast_highwayman
Re: Nu Scrubs.

I repeat my previous comment. MORE NICKY WHELAN!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 23 2010, 11:04 PM) *
I was so pleased with how the last series ended with JD leaving that I've decided not to bother with this series. Who of the original line up is actually in it?

Turk, JD and Cox at the moment. Probably some others too.
Jimmay
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Nov 24 2010, 07:42 AM) *

Whaaa? BUT JD LEFT! He actually walked out of the hospital, with everyone lining the corridor, and then his future was projected onto a white sheet. If that's not a perfect way to leave a show then I don't know what is. Grrrr, this now makes me want to watch it though.
maian
It's my understanding that his role is more of an extended cameo, so he pops in in odd episodes but he isn't part of the regular cast.
PrincessKate
I like the new "Elliott". She is less shrill.
Jimmay
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 24 2010, 12:03 PM) *
It's my understanding that his role is more of an extended cameo, so he pops in in odd episodes but he isn't part of the regular cast.

Oh right, that's this series? I thought as he wasn't in every episode last series that the article I read about it was taking about the last series that was aired. If that makes sense?
maian
As far as I know, J.D. left Sacred Heart at the end of Season 8 and Season 9 features mostly new characters who are interns but he appears in 6 of the 13 episodes.
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 21 2010, 08:18 PM) *
Edit: I kind of feel bad for attacking 30 Rock, a show I have a huge amount of goodwill for, but I do think that there has been a huge drop off in quality between the end of Season 4 and the start of Season 5. And Season 4 was pretty shaky at best.

I personally haven't noticed any huge downturn in quality. I still find much to enjoy with each episode. The live episode was, however, a bad idea

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 22 2010, 05:56 PM) *
Episode 3 of Waking Dead was rather excellent. They seem to be taking bits from the entire run so far and plugging it into appropriate bits. Spoilers for those who haven't read the comics: It looks like they are going to put a lot of the parts of Rick's breakdown into Shane's character before they kill him off (if they kill him off.) Him beating up that wife beater Ed was very reminiscent of when Rick beat that paedophile murderer half to death in the prison. I think it would be a good way to keep the story moving along quickly. I also wouldn't be surprised if they put some of the Governor's storyline into Morrell as he's already got one hand missing

Four episodes now, 3 took us up to issue #2 of the comic and Ep 4 was 99% new stuff. I think it's safe to say it's not going to be following the comics that closely. Not necessarily a bad thing

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 23 2010, 09:03 PM) *
After watching 10 episodes in 2 days I am now up to date with Community (at UK TV Pace) and I absolutely love it. I rarely laugh out loud when watching things by myself but I've been chuckling away at every episode.

It is probably my favourite show at the moment. Running Wilde comes close for laugh out loud moments, but Community is the champ.

Cartman's Gordon Ramsay impression in this weeks South Park was surprisingly under-used. Jamie Oliver's accent was very very poor.

Recently watched the first few episodes of Parks & Rec. Not sure I can be bothered investing the time to watch the rest.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Sostie @ Nov 24 2010, 02:06 PM) *
It is probably my favourite show at the moment. Running Wilde comes close for laugh out loud moments, but Community is the champ.

I was hoping for an early night last night but ended up watching another two episdoes on VIVA including some great Breakfast Club dancing and a whole Mystery Science Theatre style bit. Also loved the crossword bit where all the answers were characters from the show.

In weird cameo news, I noticed a certain Hank "Stan Lee" Excelsior being interviewed on a news programme during an episode of Nikita (which is passable but has kept me watching for some reason.) Very odd.
maian
QUOTE (Sostie @ Nov 24 2010, 02:06 PM) *
Recently watched the first few episodes of Parks & Rec. Not sure I can be bothered investing the time to watch the rest.

The first season is very, very shaky, but it is only six episodes long so you don't have to invest too much time until you get to the second season, which is a huge quantum leap in terms of quality.
Sean of the Dead
I skipped the first season entirely and went straight to the second, and was very, very happy about that decision. I'm sure when it comes back in January, I'll be saying that's my favourite show.
maian
The first one works better watched retrospectively. It's almost like a prequel that fills in all the little details that are only referenced in the second season. There are some aspects of the first season, like Anne and Andy being a couple which are really weird once you've seen how the storyline plays out in the second season.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Nov 24 2010, 07:42 AM) *

I only just realised on Monday how few of the original cast was actually there. Luckily, I like the new people. Denise is my favourite at the minute.
logger
I've been dipping in and out of IACGMOOH and the highlight so far has been Shaun Ryder saying that Gillian McKeith looks like she's been dead for three years.
PrincessKate
Ed Gamble saying "mucky tuppence" was the highlight of my televisual week.
Shack
QUOTE (logger @ Nov 25 2010, 09:18 PM) *
I've been dipping in and out of IACGMOOH and the highlight so far has been Shaun Ryder saying that Gillian McKeith looks like she's been dead for three years.

It's all been enjoyable this year.

I love Stacey Solomon. She's hilarious, and genuinely. Not just in her X Factor understandable way, but in most other ways as well. She's fantastic.

I'm A Celebrity gives the famous a shot at coming across well. So far coming up trumps are:

Shaun Ryder, Linford Christie (much jollier than I thought), Jenny Eclair (a delight), Dom Joly and obviously Stacey too.

logger
QUOTE (Shack @ Nov 27 2010, 11:19 PM) *
I love Stacey Solomon. She's hilarious, and genuinely. Not just in her X Factor understandable way, but in most other ways as well. She's fantastic.

I've liked her, she seems nice. Not sure if I could cope with her for long in real life, though.
Wife Of Rolex
I think it's quite obvious Stacy will win I'm A Celebrity this year. Unless she does something spectacularly bad - which I'm sure she won't. Throwing that rock into Dom's eye was so funny. laugh.gif
sweetbutinsane
She's gone. *happy sigh* biggrin.gif

And bless Wagner - he was so gracious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.