Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Outatime
I enjoyed Luther but I thought it was a shame that Alice wasn't in it more. I actually can't remember where she went after the first episode.
Everlong
She was at the stand when Luther and Jenny got their Ice Cream biggrin.gif Well a redhead anyway, which Idris tweeted about after (on the @bbcluther twitter).

She'll be back I bet!
Hobbes
That was the one low(ish) light of the whole thing for me, if only because I love Ruth Wilson lots.

Thought the series was absolutely cracking though, no idea why they only gave it 4 episodes but Neil Cross managed to write an interesting, taut plot with loads of great ideas, then put it all together in 4 hours without it spiralling out of control or feeling rushed. Apparently the ratings last night were really good, which is extremely encouraging for the future of the show. I hope it gets renewed and gets a longer stint next time. Have to say, despite how much I enjoyed it, there was still a feeling of "is that all?" at the end, simply because I felt like I was just getting warmed up to watching Luther again.

And yes there is a redhead standing at the ice cream van, didn't look like Alice but you never know.

Two things I loved about the very end: the fact they listed Steven Robertson twice in the credits, once for each of the twin brothers. And of course: "now what?"

Already cannot wait for more.
Julie
If I could live inside any TV show, I'm pretty sure it would be Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.
Ade
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 1 2011, 07:06 PM) *

The art gallery one is legendary. And a great tonic - thanks for the posting thereof, Sostie.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Julie @ Jul 6 2011, 07:38 PM) *
If I could live inside any TV show, I'm pretty sure it would be Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

Is this so you could hit on Chandler and Josh Lyman?

This isn't judgmental, I'd do it just to hit on Amanda Peet. Lovely lovely Amanda Peet.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Rebus @ Jul 5 2011, 11:43 PM) *
I could watch Idris Elba just stalk from place to place like a disgruntled lion. No dialogue, plot, nothing.

I haven't seen any of series two but those were the best bits, I thought.

I found the twitchy scenery-chewing a bit much from such a fine actor. And Alice was just plain irritating.

It felt like a show that French & Saunders would make the most spot-on parody of...
Julie
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 6 2011, 07:09 PM) *
Is this so you could hit on Chandler and Josh Lyman?

This isn't judgmental, I'd do it just to hit on Amanda Peet. Lovely lovely Amanda Peet.

Not specifically, but you know that would happen.

Mostly so I could live out my dream of writing and/or starting on a late night variety show.
maian
I'd rather be on 30 Rock, since it'd actually be entertaining. (I don't like Studio 60 much.)
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 8 2011, 06:58 PM) *
I'd rather be on 30 Rock, since it'd actually be entertaining. (I don't like Studio 60 much.)

Shush you. I liked it, and kind of fell for Harriet a little bit.
Sostie
QUOTE (Julie @ Jul 6 2011, 07:38 PM) *

Wrong. Northern Exposure is the correct answer
logger
Baywatch.
NiteFall
Brisco County Jr.
Julie
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jul 9 2011, 08:28 AM) *
Brisco County Jr.

I'd second that, for sure, but I'm sticking with Studio 60. It's not just the idea that I love, it's the atmosphere, too. I want to live in that fictional studio.
widowspider
Firefly, obvs.
ella
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 8 2011, 06:58 PM) *
30 Rock

This. But I was to be Liiiiiiiz Leeeeeemooonn.
monkeyman
Dynamo: Magician Impossible was just awful, fucking awful. So much advertising too for such utter shite, is it just because it's full of celebs?
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 10 2011, 12:37 AM) *
Dynamo: Magician Impossible was just awful, fucking awful. So much advertising too for such utter shite, is it just because it's full of celebs?

Speaking of magicians, I saw Penn and Teller: Fool Us last night. I'd never seen it before, but I really enjoyed it. There were some really talented people on there, it was the first time in years I'd watched a Saturday evening TV show and been entertained (aside from Who, obviously).
NiteFall
Yes, really enjoying Fool Us, certainly far more entertaining than the lacklustre The Magicians on BBC One, which was frankly rather dull. I am kind of hoping that Penn will quote homer Simpson at some point and say "You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of the year with an electrified fooling machine!" to a particularly bad magician.
Llama
'Fool Us' has been good so far, one of the few things I look forward to watching in the week. Plus, you get bonus P&T at the end. Can't lose there.
Shack
Still enjoying Sirens very much. Plenty to offer, even if a little cliched in parts.

Minor gripe this week - "Let's meet in Briggate".

IT'S A BIG STREET!

Ah well, at least they had a drink in the Adelphi.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jul 10 2011, 11:57 AM) *
Yes, really enjoying Fool Us, certainly far more entertaining than the lacklustre The Magicians on BBC One, which was frankly rather dull. I am kind of hoping that Penn will quote homer Simpson at some point and say "You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of the year with an electrified fooling machine!" to a particularly bad magician.

QUOTE (Llama @ Jul 10 2011, 12:44 PM) *
'Fool Us' has been good so far, one of the few things I look forward to watching in the week. Plus, you get bonus P&T at the end. Can't lose there.

How many episodes in is it? I'd never even heard of it until I happened to stumble upon it as it was starting last night.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 10 2011, 09:09 PM) *
How many episodes in is it? I'd never even heard of it until I happened to stumble upon it as it was starting last night.

I *think* that was the fourth episode just gone. They're probably all on ITV player though, if you can stomach using their advert-infested crap.
GundamGuy_UK
I've never used ITV Player before, and you didn't exactly sell it on me just then =P
I might give it a look, though.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 11 2011, 08:56 AM) *
I've never used ITV Player before, and you didn't exactly sell it on me just then =P
I might give it a look, though.

Haha, alternatively I expect someone's divvied them up on YouTube.
Shack
I think I'm addicted to Undercover Boss.

Although it is quite quite selective.
widowspider
QUOTE (Shack @ Jul 12 2011, 08:40 PM) *

We're obsessed with it too - assuming you have a UK version? We've had some really interesting ones on the US side.
Silky
QUOTE (Shack @ Jul 12 2011, 09:40 PM) *

I've only seen a few epiodes but I enjoyed it. I kind of want Peter Stringfellow to do an episode though.
Shack
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 12 2011, 09:45 PM) *
We're obsessed with it too - assuming you have a UK version? We've had some really interesting ones on the US side.

They showed some of the US ones earlier in the year I think (a Hooters one?) but I didn't watch those. I may delve back in.

QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 13 2011, 09:00 AM) *
I've only seen a few epiodes but I enjoyed it. I kind of want Peter Stringfellow to do an episode though.

I think I could spot him in a topless dancer line up.
maian
The new Futurama is about the nerdiest they've ever done. I particularly liked the appearance of Erwin Shrodinger as a minor character, and the line "Man, that's heavy. Osmium heavy." All the references to Speed Buggy, which I remember watching on Cartoon Network in the '90s, funny for their obtuseness.

The ever dependable Scruffy and Hedonism-bot were also on fine form, with their respective lines "Life and death are an unceasing continuum" and "Are you the callussed working man I ordered?" getting big belly laughs.
maian
The series finale of Friday Night Lights has to be one of the most emotionally satisfying I've ever seen. It was so great getting to see so many characters return, and for their returns to feel natural, and for them to have their own little opportunities to say goodbye to Dillon, Texas. The show managed to give them all resolutions, but true to form they all felt real, and poignant, and also like they weren't resolutions at the same time, like the five seasons of the show were just a small part of a much larger story that will play out off-camera. A really beautiful and heartfelt end to a genuinely great show.
PrincessKate
Did anyone catch The Night Watch when it aired? Due to my ongoing Virgin problems I missed it and it'll have disappeared from iplayer by the time I'm connected.
monkeyman
Terry Prattchets Night Watch?
Raven
^ Unlikely!
widowspider
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 15 2011, 12:26 AM) *
The series finale of Friday Night Lights has to be one of the most emotionally satisfying I've ever seen. It was so great getting to see so many characters return, and for their returns to feel natural, and for them to have their own little opportunities to say goodbye to Dillon, Texas. The show managed to give them all resolutions, but true to form they all felt real, and poignant, and also like they weren't resolutions at the same time, like the five seasons of the show were just a small part of a much larger story that will play out off-camera. A really beautiful and heartfelt end to a genuinely great show.

How have you already managed to watch it? It airs tonight in the US!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 15 2011, 11:55 AM) *
Terry Prattchets Night Watch?

Sarah Waters.
maian
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 15 2011, 01:50 PM) *
How have you already managed to watch it? It airs tonight in the US!

Due to the deal NBC made with DirectTV, the series already aired on there back in February and was released on DVD in April. I picked season 5 up last time I was in Florida.
GundamGuy_UK
I'm so glad that Tom won The Apprentice. I'd really been hoping that that's who would win.
Sostie
Family Guy: It's A Trap
It's shit
NiteFall
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 18 2011, 10:45 AM) *
Family Guy: Every episode for the last five years.
It's shit

There you go, fixed that for you.
maian
So, so, so, so, so, so happy that Breaking Bad has returned. It was nice that they gave Gale a scene at the beginning to be his goofy, lovable self before getting to all that "holy fuck, he's been shot in the face" stuff, and the scene with Walt pleading for his life, whilst Gus slowly gets dressed, was absolutely masterful. It says something of Giancarlo Esposito and Aaron Paul that they were absolutely commanding in that scene, yet they didn't say a single word.
Raven
Caroline Quentin is no Kevin McCloud.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 18 2011, 11:20 PM) *
So, so, so, so, so, so happy that Breaking Bad has returned. It was nice that they gave Gale a scene at the beginning to be his goofy, lovable self before getting to all that "holy fuck, he's been shot in the face" stuff, and the scene with Walt pleading for his life, whilst Gus slowly gets dressed, was absolutely masterful. It says something of Giancarlo Esposito and Aaron Paul that they were absolutely commanding in that scene, yet they didn't say a single word.

It was pretty amazing stuff - the throat slitting being particularly tense and horrific. What are they gonna do?
Shack
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 18 2011, 12:32 AM) *
I'm so glad that Tom won The Apprentice. I'd really been hoping that that's who would win.

I really enjoyed the whole series. Perhaps because of the incredibly funny Dara on You're Fired.

Still watching Sirens and it's still sort of ok. I kind of wish they'd stop crowbarring in cliches, but it's engaging enough.
Raven
Richard Hammond's Journey to the Centre of the Planet was pretty good.
Serafina_Pekkala
I can't stand Richard Hammond. He looks like a squirrel in human form.
Raven
^ Or a Hamster.

To give him his due, he's pretty good at the various science programs he does (as is James May in the different programs he does as well).
Sostie
Bit ahead on Angry Boys (getting them from Australia). One episode to go and there's a strong possibility of tears being jerked next week. Chris Lilley has topped Summer Heights High and We Can Be Heroes

Watched the last two episodes of Craig Ferguson which featured a great anti-Murcdoch monologue, Rich Fulcher being very wierd (as usual), an hilarious moment when Geoff loses his arm and most impressively Hayley Atwell's entrance which I'm sure will be remembered for ever more by every red blooded male that witnessed it as the moment she got noticed. Aye carumba.
Outatime
Did anyone watch The Hour last night? I thought it was a pretty strong start to a series, I'm looking forward the the rest of the episodes.
Llama
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 20 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Chris Lilley has topped Summer Heights High and We Can Be Heroes

I'm still not convinced. I have been enjoying it, but not quite on the level of SHH. Nathan and Daniel are standouts though, I genuinely forget they're not two different people. So well done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.