Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
logger
Have Sky Sports' outside broadcasts been freezing for a fraction of a second for anybody else lately?
Serafina_Pekkala
ANyone else been watching The Killing II on Beeb4?* It is a bit of a slow burn but pretty interesting with some new characters like Raben and the new cop, Strange (pronounced Strahn-geh). Lund is her same crazy self but humbler and more guarded, which is good. And clearly Brix has a crush on her or else why does she get away with everfing? Downside is the new tubby politician guy is super boring and I care nothing about them. Bring back Troels Hartmann!

* probably just me.
Outatime
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Dec 7 2011, 01:47 PM) *
ANyone else been watching The Killing II on Beeb4?* It is a bit of a slow burn but pretty interesting with some new characters like Raben and the new cop, Strange (pronounced Strahn-geh). Lund is her same crazy self but humbler and more guarded, which is good. And clearly Brix has a crush on her or else why does she get away with everfing? Downside is the new tubby politician guy is super boring and I care nothing about them. Bring back Troels Hartmann!

* probably just me.

Yes! Bring back Troels.

I quite like the minister and his bouncy ball.

I reckon the priest has got the dead soldier's dogtags and is the one buying stuff in his name which is why he didn't have a bank card in his wallet.
Serafina_Pekkala
Hooray not just me! wink.gif

QUOTE (Outatime @ Dec 7 2011, 01:55 PM) *
Yes! Bring back Troels.

I quite like the minister and his bouncy ball.

The bouncing ball is amusing but he seems so clueless. The creepy guy with the big glasses is really sinister. Although my eye-candy is satisfied with Raben and the man-cops. Hehe.

i do miss Troels. Maybe he will come back in the next series?

I reckon the priest has got the dead soldier's dogtags and is the one buying stuff in his name which is why he didn't have a bank card in his wallet.

Interesting idea. The pastor is shady and hiding something for sure.

And for those of you who don't know, the first murder was found at Memorial Park which is the national site for heroes of the Danish Resistance who were shot and buried there (as per the movie Flame and Citron). Nobody explains this in the show but it is very significant.
logger
Didn't bother watching more than half an hour of Black Mirror, which is only fair considering Brooker didn't put the effort in to actually finish writing it. Either that or he's ripped off a fifteen year old. Or maybe he's just cashing in on his name with some half baked ideas that he's rushed out as quickly as he can. I blame Konnie Huq, women be aspiring.

I'll not be watching the final part.
maian
I don't keep up with The Simpsons as much as I used to, largely due to not having access to genuinely new episodes since I don't have Sky, but I try to keep track of how newer episodes are received so that I can see the good episodes without sitting through the...less good ones. Having read very positive things about the latest episode, in which the show leaps forward thirty years in the future to show Christmas with The Simpsons once Bart and Lisa have grown up and had kids of their own. I'm surprised to say that it was genuinely very good, possibly even great, and one of the best things the show has done in years.

The future setting allowed them to be very inventive, they crammed tons of jokes in to every frame, and the story was genuinely sweet and heartfelt, particularly one scene in which Bart and Lisa get drunk and talk about their regrets in life and how things didn't turn out quite the way they hoped, and in the way that the episode showed that, even though he was a pretty bad father, Homer makes for a pretty great granfather.
grumpygit
This is England '88
Tonight Channel 4 10.00pm
continues Wed, Thurs.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Dec 13 2011, 01:32 PM) *
This is England '88
continues Wed, Thurs.

Oh flaming nora. I've got The Wire and Robot Chicken to tape at 10pm on Wednseday! I'll have to stay up and watch it, I suppose.
gulfcoast_highwayman
She's run a 78 mile desert ultra-marathon (in a day), she's kayaked down the Amazon, she's walked a tightrope 200 feet over Battersea Power Station.

Now, wonderful Helen Skelton is to attempt to reach the South Pole for Sport Relief, using skis, a kite and a bicycle for part of the journey.

She is Blue Peter's greatest ever presenter, IMHO. I hope she makes it safely.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Dec 13 2011, 01:32 PM) *
This is England '88
continues Wed, Thurs.

Ooh, I'm glad you mentioned that or I would have completely forgotten. smile.gif
logger
For anyone watching The Wire on FX they are now showing season 4 on a nightly basis at 1am.
bigfatrich
I've got a feeling that I'm very late on this, but I watched the Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes last night for the first time. They were very funny.
Were they done before Family Guy?
Raven
^ I believe so (I think the first Family Guy one makes a reference to it not being as good as the Robot Chicken one).
monkeyman
You are right smile.gif

Though I actually found the family guy one very dull
Raven
I thought the first one was okay, with some good jokes, but the second one was just flat and for the most part unfunny (I've not seen the third one yet).
NiteFall
Don't bother. Really, seriously, don't bother. It's possibly Family Guy at it's dull, unfunny worst.
Raven
I'm not rushing out to watch it. I was waiting for it to pop up on BBC Three, but I'm not sure that is going to happen now they have passed on any more new series.

logger
Watching Adam Curtis' Pandora's Box 20 years after it was made is kind of depressing, particularly the episode on Britain's use of economic theories between the 60s and 90s, I guess history is pretty much doomed to repeat itself.
Everlong
This Is England '88

Caught up with episodes 2 and 3 today. Bleak and sad, but fantastic. Joseph Gilgun and Vicky McClure were astounding. Awards for them please.
sweetbutinsane
That woman's bear story on The Graham Norton Show last night was epic. As were all the little looks Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law kept giving each other.
maian
I watched the PBS documentary on Woody Allen over the last couple of days and, despite the overly positive tone when it came to discussing his lesser works and the rather hurried way it dealt with, well all that stuff, you know what I mean, it was a compelling and fascinating look at a compelling, fascinating man. Allen himself was very funny and affable, displaying a fair amount of humility regarding his amazing, amazing life. Seeing the different facets of the man all in one go really struck home what a varied career he has had, from his days as a teenage comedian and writer through to now, and there were plenty of great insights into his methodology and his general approach to work.

Definitely worth seeking out.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Most Xmas-y thing I've seen so far this year!

Shameless (US) is back on 8th Jan!
bigfatrich
Anyone else been watching Braquo on FX? Great stuff: French police drama which ticks all the right "The Wire" boxes (a lazy comparison, I know, but you get the idea).
Outatime
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Dec 21 2011, 03:03 PM) *
Anyone else been watching Braquo on FX? Great stuff: French police drama which ticks all the right "The Wire" boxes (a lazy comparison, I know, but you get the idea).

Yes, I missed the first one but I caught the rest, I'm hoping FX show the second series because it was brilliantly paced unlike Spiral on BBC 4 which felt like an obligation rather than a treat to watch.

What I came here to ask was did anyone watch Rev last night? I thought it was truly brilliant, I've loved this series and I think I'll try to get hold of series one for a rewatch.
Raven
Some numpty X-Factor winner just got two points in a general knowledge round that must have been written specifically for her on Celebrity Mastermind.

*shakes head*
sweetbutinsane
Having never read Great Expectations (I'm probably the only person in England who hasn't and I do intend to fix this), I can't say how well the Beeb's latest series stands as a book-to-screen adaptation, but I'm enjoying it muchly. Looking forward to the next part tonight.
logger
It amazes me how attractive Gillian Anderson has become as she's got older, her big face was the scariest thing about the X Files.
Raven
^ Shut up!

She was the BEST thing about the X-Files!
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (logger @ Dec 28 2011, 08:23 PM) *
It amazes me how attractive Gillian Anderson has become as she's got older, her big face was the scariest thing about the X Files.

How can any red-blooded male not find her incredibly hot in that show?
sweetbutinsane
I've never been keen on her X-Files hairdo, but she is very pretty.
Raven
Dana Scully was definitely thinking man's crumpet.

In an age when the women in Star Trek were wearing high heels and/or lycra, and science fiction "role models" were supoosed to be stick thin to be appealing, Gillian Anderson was a refreshing change.

An intelligent, sexy female with a normal body.

She was being what Kate Winslet was applauded for several years later.
GundamGuy_UK
Dana Scully was so hot in the first couple of seasons with that awesome hairdo. Totally would.

Not that her looks faded later on or anything, quite the opposite.

She wouldn't be a skeptic after viewing my X-File, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: This reminds me, I really need to pull my thumb out and finish that show. I watched up to the end of season six and then stopped for some reason.
logger
For the first couple of seasons I kept trying to work out why Rocky Dennis was now a transvestite working for the FBI.
maian
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 30 2011, 01:15 AM) *
EDIT: This reminds me, I really need to pull my thumb out and finish that show. I watched up to the end of season six and then stopped for some reason.

Because it became really, really bad? Admittedly not as bad as everyone says they were, but those seasons really aren't worthy of the ones that preceded them.

Having said that, I haven't seen them in a few years, so I might be basing that opinion on the anger of the teenage me. I might like them more if I watched them now.
GundamGuy_UK
Well I own them, so I might as well watch them.

I watched the two-part opening for season seven last night. It's really far up its own arse now, but it's entertaining I guess. I'm sure everyone says this, but the stand-alone episodes are better than the "mythology" ones.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (logger @ Dec 30 2011, 03:41 AM) *
For the first couple of seasons I kept trying to work out why Rocky Dennis was now a transvestite working for the FBI.

You have said this before. It was just as nasty and inaccurate back then. I think early Scully looked like Lois Griffin. You leave her be.

Season 6 X-files was pretty terrible so I gave up at the right time.
Raven
It's been a very long time since I last watched any X-Files, but I have season one and season nine on my "to watch" shelf.

I've seen all the episodes up to half way through the final season.

It would be interesting to watch them all though again, me thinks.
GundamGuy_UK
I'm enjoying the stand-alone ones in season seven just as much as I did in the earlier ones. It's just the mythology episodes that are now so convoluted that they make almost no sense at all.
Raven
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 31 2011, 01:41 AM) *
It's just the mythology episodes that are now so convoluted that they make almost no sense at all.

As I remember, they rarely did anyway!
Everlong
Never "fancied" Gillian Anderson when I was younger (damn sure didn't think she was ugly though), but found Scully a more attractive nowadays. And Anderson looked great on Graham Norton last week.

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Dec 30 2011, 11:51 PM) *
I think early Scully looked like Lois Griffin.

Blimey, never thought of this, heh.
Serafina_Pekkala
I am definitely considering Miss Haversham as a future fancy dress option.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Raven @ Dec 31 2011, 11:37 AM) *
As I remember, they rarely did anyway!

At first they didn't because they didn't explain anything at all of who these people are or what was going on, and the later ones are too bogged-down with back-story to make any sense unless you read up on them beforehand (and I don't). There was a sweet spot at some point though, where they made sense and were interesting.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Dec 31 2011, 01:52 PM) *
I am definitely considering Miss Haversham as a future fancy dress option.

Do it!
Sostie
If C4 do not commission a series of Armstrong & Miller's Felix & Murdo they are mental. It was heaps of fun.
Bloomeeney
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 2 2012, 02:38 PM) *
If C4 do not commission a series of Armstrong & Miller's Felix & Murdo they are mental. It was heaps of fun.

Really? Could only watch about 10 minutes before the boredom kicked in.
NiteFall
So I got directed towards a little show called The Middleman, which only ran for 1 series before being cancelled. And it's really, really fun. It's kind of like a pop-culture referencing, funnier Men In Black. Only with Will Smith's character being an unemployed artist and Tommy Lee Jones' character being a 1950s clean-cut adventure serial hero. And funnier. Worth a look if you fancy something entertaining and fluffy to pass the time.
logger
Dynamo is a good magician, it's just that everyone on his show is an utter twat.
Llama
QUOTE (logger @ Jan 10 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Dynamo is a good magician, it's just that everyone on his show is an utter twat.

I don't find him likable at all, either.
sweetbutinsane
The woman on the episode of Don't Tell the Bride that I watched yesterday was certainly a vile creature. Her poor fiance was way too good for her. But I seem to think that about a lot of the couples on this programme so it's nothing new.
ella
Allen Gregory is making me laugh at the moment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.