Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Wife Of Rolex
One of my secret dreams is to become a contestant on The X Factor...and fuck it over from the inside. Seriously, I could kill that show if all my plans come together.

Mwahahahahahaha.
melzilla
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Nov 4 2008, 12:06 PM) *
Yeah, she's a dick. "I can't believe this is happening to little Diana from Blackpool. I'm so kooky!"

A-hem. Blackburn. Us Blackpuddlians aren't accepting responsibility for this one.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 4 2008, 12:04 PM) *
It's not different when you squeak at every possible opportunity in any given song.
It sounds like she's got hiccups.
maian
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 1 2008, 07:36 PM) *
TV Burp was fantastic tonight. I love Harry Hill, he's so gloriously silly.

I was not at all prepared for David Jason to be beheaded. Not at all.
Zoe
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Nov 4 2008, 02:04 PM) *
One of my secret dreams is to become a contestant on The X Factor...and fuck it over from the inside. Seriously, I could kill that show if all my plans come together.

Mwahahahahahaha.

Why ruin it for those of us that like it? You can just turn it off.

It'd be like Russell Brand all over again. 900,000 listeners, 30,000 complaints from non-listeners.

Where's the justice!?
Ringcoirewen
I love the X Factor. If I didn't watch it, I'd never be able to get pissed off at a bunch of people with tragic stories who can't sing in tune. It's quite reassuringly human; we all make mistakes. I do find it a bit obscene that talented people who are great performers and have a great understanding of the ins and outs of music theory are basically told they'll never be good enough to make it in the business, and yet people who sing off key every week on X Factor and don't know whether they're a soprano or an alto will likely end up with a recording contract. There's no justice.

I'm sorry, rant over.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Zoe @ Nov 4 2008, 05:35 PM) *
Why ruin it for those of us that like it? You can just turn it off.

I was only joking. I don't even watch it.
Sostie
Caught a few episodes of Unbeatable Banzuke on Challenge last night. Same sort of thing as Takeshi's Castle, but with the great Brian Blessed doing the Craig Charles type commentary. It's not bad, but I'm in two minds as to whether it was necessary to have the legendary, elderly Shakespearean actor dress up in this outfit!.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Gordon's alive! I was not ready for that!
Jessopjessopjessop
But what time is it on?!1111

Just wrote a thing on Buzzcocks and lost it, bastard.

Ayway, how uncomfortable is it to watch now? Amstell has genuinely lost confidence in himself and the show. It's crossed the line between 'dangerous' and 'car-crash' television.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Nov 7 2008, 01:50 PM) *
Ayway, how uncomfortable is it to watch now? Amstell has genuinely lost confidence in himself and the show. It's crossed the line between 'dangerous' and 'car-crash' television.

I agree. It was really bizzare to watch. I thought the whole bunny suit thing was going to be an opening topical joke but by the end it was just genuinely uncomfortable. Alexi Sayle hit the nail on the head with it as well. It was almost as if he had said he wanted to go on the show but was disappointed by what was going on.
Zoe
This was the first episode to be filmed since the Russell Brand episode was pulled (due to be shown last Thursday), never to be shown again.

Simon was guest host on the last episode of the radio show (the week after the Sach's episode, and yet a day before the Mail fuelled outrage).

He put a statement out sarcastically registering his annoyance that the episode had been shelved (and "replaced with something far less entertaining").

It was always going to be a bit of a weird one I think.

(I love brackets)

EDIT

QUOTE (Simon Amstell)
"Hello,

Tonight's 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' was due to feature a comedian and broadcaster who has recently let himself and his country down.

The damage he has done is frankly irreparable and in order to punish him and anybody who likes his kind of louche filth, this tainted episode will not be shown tonight.

We are however very grateful to be able to broadcast something more appropriate and slightly less entertaining for these difficult times.

Guests will now include James Cordon, Gabriella Cilmi and Germaine Greer.

Thankyou.

Goodbye."
maian
I've just watched Buzzcocks and I have to disagree with Adam and Jimmy. I don't think the show was uncomfortable and thought that the bunny outfit, whilst silly, was a good joke and made sense as part of the episode's overall parody of the current atmosphere of fear and accusation that seems to have surrounded the BBC. I think that Simon's uneasy, awkward persona has worked well this series and found a perfect outlet here. It was a good episode and the show is still hugely entertaining, gleefully self-referential and, most importantly, funny.
angle
Hackers is such a ridiculous film, i really really want to slap Matthew Lillard!
angle
Oh christ on a croissant they're all on rollerskates now, where will the shitness end?
Atara
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 4 2008, 12:04 PM) *
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Sarah had to turn the TV off it was annoying her that much. "I don't know how you bring something different and amazing to these songs??" It's not different when you squeak at every possible opportunity in any given song. It works sometimes and in some songs but not during Call Me!!

Call Me was a disaster. The only reason I knew what words she was singing was because I know the song. 'Different' certainly doesn't mean good, as far as I am concerned there is a reason why there is a shortage of 'kooky' singers who make it.

All the guys love her though, stick the seventeed year old girl who looks about twelve in some skin tight tiny hotpants and get her to sit with her legs open and this is destined to happen.
Raven
I don't know if anyone else is still watching it, but I've just seen a trailer for season eight of Smallville on E4, Tuesday 9pm.
Atara
Ha! Mariah Carey night. This is destined to be a hilarious disaster.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Atara @ Nov 8 2008, 07:27 PM) *
Ha! Mariah Carey night. This is destined to be a hilarious disaster.

Amazingly, Dead Wife Guy was one of the best.

Prisonkidsdrugs could be in trouble though, she was shocking.
Atara
I bet Diana is secretly glad she has laryingitis, there is no way she could have done justice to any Mariah song with her kermit voice.

Saying that the judges would have no doubt loved it for being 'a totaly original and unique version' or some such crap.

I was not a fan of Laura either but am surprised she went, not against Ruth but in general.
logger
Episode 2 of 30 Rock was a bit better but there's a definite feeling of third seriesitis. It did give me an excellent way of getting out of jury duty though.
Zoe
I think it's very unfair that Diana got a free pass to next week, yet they made out we should feel sorry for her because she didn't get to sing! Bullshit, it's a competition, and as Laura's departure shows, anyone can go any week.

Laura was very boring, and Simon's right the show's styling did lose her 'quirkiness', but she didn't deserve to go. She has a lovely voice.

I'm pissed off Rachel stayed. She was completely out of key (and singing a Phil Collins song), I don't think she hit a single note. I also find her vaguely aggresive and threatening in her general demenour. I wouldn't like to meet her in a dark alley.

For a long time the whole "this is about my kid's future" schtick from Rachel (and others like her) really annoys me on shows like this. If you want to secure your children's future, work hard and get a proper job, don't use emotional blackmail and a phone vote.

I really don't like her, or the hole in her face (from a removed piercing, I don't mean her mouth).
Atara
I don't like Rachel much either and am also tired of the sob story. I actually felt a bit sorry for Danni after the video intro on last nights show. She has not been doing well and I don't think her new independance last night has helped improve.
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (Zoe @ Nov 9 2008, 06:33 PM) *
I'm pissed off Rachel stayed. She was completely out of key (and singing a Phil Collins song), I don't think she hit a single note.

Rachel is about a quarter-tone sharp every single song. At least, every time I've heard her. It's one of those things that makes anger within me burn slowly until I finally decide to mute the TV. It doesn't matter if the tone of your voice is fabulous; if you're off key, you can't sing. Simple as. We're not in the realm of avant-garde, there's no excuse.
ipse dixit
For a long time the whole "this is about my kid's future" schtick from Rachel (and others like her) really annoys me on shows like this. If you want to secure your children's future, work hard and get a proper job, don't use emotional blackmail and a phone vote.

Thank you. A parent spending long irregular hours working, weeks on end away touring and being under constant scrutiny isn't what most kids would consider an ideal upbringing.
Jessopjessopjessop
Laura was very boring, and Simon's right the show's styling did lose her 'quirkiness', but she didn't deserve to go. She has a lovely voice.

I'm pissed off Rachel stayed. She was completely out of key (and singing a Phil Collins song), I don't think she hit a single note. I also find her vaguely aggresive and threatening in her general demenour. I wouldn't like to meet her in a dark alley.

I don't think she'd beat you up for no reason you daft racist, but I know what you mean about her demeanour. It may be a consequence of her tough upbringing (and not having seen earlier rounds I don't know the specifics), but stubbornness is not a helpful trait on a show whose purpose is to mould you into a popstar.

Regardless, Laura did not deserve to go based on Saturday's performances. I was stunned - as was she it seemed. Overall she might not have the chart appeal of Diana or Alexandra (or even Austin), but she has one of the best voices. Ruth and Rachel should have gone to knockout, with Rachel going home.

And I totally agree about making a future for her kids. The notion is preposterous!
Zoe
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Nov 10 2008, 12:11 PM) *
I don't think she'd beat you up for no reason you daft racist

As long as she stays off the crack
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Zoe @ Nov 10 2008, 12:24 PM) *

Blimey. Maybe she should stay in the competition after all: "X Factor Junkie Murders Phil Collins". Exciting.
widowspider
QUOTE (Ringcoirewen @ Nov 10 2008, 12:30 AM) *
Rachel is about a quarter-tone sharp every single song. At least, every time I've heard her. It's one of those things that makes anger within me burn slowly until I finally decide to mute the TV. It doesn't matter if the tone of your voice is fabulous; if you're off key, you can't sing. Simple as. We're not in the realm of avant-garde, there's no excuse.

People who sing slightly out of tune cause me immense physical pain. If you can't hit the note in the middle of the tone, DON'T BE A SINGER. Rihanna is my current worst example - she is constantly flat and it makes me want to punch her.
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (widowspider @ Nov 10 2008, 02:56 PM) *
People who sing slightly out of tune cause me immense physical pain. If you can't hit the note in the middle of the tone, DON'T BE A SINGER. Rihanna is my current worst example - she is constantly flat and it makes me want to punch her.

I'm really bad for that. I've just been tuning my violin and viola, and I know that I'm grimacing when I'm tuning until the note is perfect. Kinda like this: crazy4.gif My mum was laughing at me. laugh.gif But I get the thing about physical pain, the current brass section in orchestra is terrible, about a semitone out which is ridiculous. We're playing Troika this concert, and they always overblow the last note. Ugh. I think string players are hyper-sensitive to tuning as a general rule, as we have four strings to tune and have to be careful where we put our fingers. *ahem*

And this is not about telly-box things, so I will stop now.
widowspider
I think anyone who has a good sense of pitch has this problem - a lot of my guitar-player friends seem not to notice when their strings are slightly out of tune though, which I find odd. I played the cello for 10 years so I have sensitive ears to tuning, and I have relative pitch so it's a compounded problem for me. smile.gif

Anyway - bad singers on shit reality shows deserve nothing but ridicule.
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (widowspider @ Nov 10 2008, 08:03 PM) *
I think anyone who has a good sense of pitch has this problem - a lot of my guitar-player friends seem not to notice when their strings are slightly out of tune though, which I find odd. I played the cello for 10 years so I have sensitive ears to tuning, and I have relative pitch so it's a compounded problem for me. smile.gif

Anyway - bad singers on shit reality shows deserve nothing but ridicule.

That's because guitarists are weird.

Did I say guitarists? I meant guitars. rolleyes.gif No, but really, guitars are strange for tuning. The strings can be in tune with one another, and then you play a chord and it sounds crazily off-key. Or maybe that's just my guitars. Still, I do know when my guitar's out of tune.

I think the initial auditions on X Factor should have an accompanist. If they can't sing in tune with the accompaniment, then they should be sent packing. Then we wouldn't have this issue. Why do none of these people realise that with hard training, they can learn to sing in tune? I know of one guy in particular who used to be off pitch and has now got a voice that is pitch perfect and makes women swoon, thanks to half a dozen years vocal coaching. It's surely much easier to recover from being off pitch than having a substandard timbre to your voice.
Jimmay
Is anyone watching Kirill, that MSN/youtube programmey thing done by Endemol. It seems intriguing so far although the 3 minute episode don't give much away.

First one here
gulfcoast_highwayman
The Beeb are repeating Band Of Brothers again, twice weekly on Monday & Tuesday nights for some bizarre reason.

Eps one & two were this week and it's still brilliant. A mate has has my DVD copy for months now, so I'm glad of the repeat. I could watch it over and over.

Shame that Peggy had to play the lackey to a dickhead in the first and dies five minutes into the second, but you can't have everything.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 12 2008, 04:29 PM) *
The Beeb are repeating Band Of Brothers again, twice weekly on Monday & Tuesday nights for some bizarre reason.

Something to do with Rememberence, perhaps.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Nov 12 2008, 04:35 PM) *
Something to do with Rememberence, perhaps.

I meant the twice weekly on Monday's & Tuesday's, rather than it's timing in the year.
Raven
I watched part one on Monday, and then ended up watching episodes three and four on DVD straight after part two last night - very good stuff.

I've watched the first two episodes several times now, and I've still not clocked when Simon's character dies.

In other news, please can they let Smallville die? No Lana, no Lex, no Lionel, no Martha, no Kara - they've practically started over this time around and they've now got Lois eyeing up Clark, it's all wrong I tell ya!
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 12 2008, 05:29 PM) *
I watched part one on Monday, and then ended up watching episodes three and four on DVD straight after part two last night - very good stuff.

I've watched the first two episodes several times now, and I've still not clocked when Simon's character dies.

Simon's character's fate:

He's in Lt. Meehan's plane. He's the very nervous guy. Sadly, that's the plane that's engine gets hit, a fire rages through the fuselage killing all on board and then crashes.

ETA and Smallville will soon be over, and I'll be free. It's been awful for about 4 years now but I can't stop watching.

And thank god Lana's buggered off. At least no one will fall in love with her this season. And it means lots more time for Chloe, I hope.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 12 2008, 05:22 PM) *
I meant the twice weekly on Monday's & Tuesday's, rather than it's timing in the year.

Oh right. In that case I imagine so it runs for just 5 weeks rather than 10.
Raven
I've moved all the Heroes posts from here into the Heroes thread.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 13 2008, 10:22 AM) *
I've moved all the Heroes posts from here into the Heroes thread.

D'oh! I put them in here because I'm avoiding the Heroes thread for fear of spoilers. Ah well.
Raven
Everything should be spoilered in the Heroes thread, if you are watching at BBC3 speed you should be okay.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 13 2008, 11:30 AM) *
Everything should be spoilered in the Heroes thread, if you are watching at BBC3 speed you should be okay.

I'm not unfortunately. I'm watching at catch-up on saved episodes when I get a chance speed. Never mind, I'll just be careful. It's a minefield of black boxes in there.
Drifter
Jack Bauer is back on the 24th for a 2 hour special, 24: Redemption, on Sky One
Atara
Posh girl is a prat.
Atara
Yes, Diana, you are still shite. Throat or no throat. What she does with her voice is so, so irritating.
Zoe
I actually hate her.
Sostie
QUOTE (Atara @ Nov 15 2008, 08:16 PM) *
Yes, Diana, you are still shite. Throat or no throat. What she does with her voice is so, so irritating.

She sounds a bit like Delores from The Cranberries.

I don't dislike her that much and she is a bit different, but overall X-Factor this year is a bit bland. The blandest of all being the shaved monkey that is Eragon (or whatever his name is).

I miss Rhydian.
logger
It's Nice Up North

John Shuttleworth explores the Shetland Isles to see if it's true that people are nicer the further north you go. Really cheered me up even though I missed the first 20 mins. Very funny but kind of worked as a travelogue of sorts even though the highlight was a woman walking down the road in a pink coat. Nice indeed.
sweetbutinsane
Desperate Housewives was great as always last night (E4). Gabrielle gets funnier every episode.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.