Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spaced region 1 DVD
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jon 79
The new dvd.
It's got some new extras:

New exclusive commentary with director Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson) and guests Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Smith, Bill Hader, Matt Stone, Patton Oswalt and Diablo Cody.

Exclusive Spaced On Stage reunion Q&A recorded at the National Film Theatre, London in October 2007.

Newly updated cast and crew biographies

New artwork.

Is it worth buying?
...press your red buttons now.
Starscream`s Ghost
I don't have a region 1 player. So nope, won't be getting it, even though I'd like to find out what other people say about the programme.
Zoe
I'd pay to never hear Tarantino speak again.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 7 2008, 10:32 PM)
I'd pay to never hear Tarantino speak again.

smile.gif

There's 9 people on the new commentary track & one of them's Tarantino. .... I wonder if Jessica managed to get a word in.
Zoe
I'm not massively interested in what they think about 'Spaced'. Besides, I don't think I'd understand Diablo Cody's hipster dialogue.

The commentaries we have are good enough for me. They're great, in fact.
maian
Yeah, I can't see myself paying to listen to fan commentaries. Even if they are famous, annoying fans (except Matt Stone, who I'm sure would barely get a word in edgeways, anyway).
Jon 79
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 7 2008, 10:58 PM)
I'm not massively interested in what they think about 'Spaced'. Besides, I don't think I'd understand Diablo Cody's hipster dialogue.

They are great... but the new commentary could be great too. Not sure about the rest, but Kevin Smith's cool. ...oh, & Simon, Jess & Edgar too.
Zoe
Meh. I'd rather just talk over it with my own friends.

I voted for the 'I already have a Spaced Boxset' option.
Peronel
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 8 2008, 07:58 AM)

Ditto.
Jon 79
I voted I'd like it, but don't have a region 1 player.
...if i did, I'm probably end up buying it. ...but then i'd sell the other one. - I'm not such a completist.

Who's voting they'd get it again? ... don't be shy.
widowspider
I am a bit of a completist when it comes to Spaced, so I will certainly get it - it also means I can lend it to friends who don't have region free DVD players and have my own set still.
AusChick
I am sooooo getting it.
My player is multi-region (obviously - seeing as Spaced has never actually been released in my crap-arse region) so no issues there.

I already have three copies of Hot Fuzz - it's not like I have any shame left to be worrying about biggrin.gif

And I've already worded up the hubby to tell him that I will be purchasing this from Amazon as soon it's released.
Jon 79
QUOTE (widowspider @ May 7 2008, 11:27 PM)
I am a bit of a completist when it comes to Spaced, so I will certainly get it - it also means I can lend it to friends who don't have region free DVD players and have my own set still.

Do you still have the individual series then?
... & the VHS's? huh.gif

QUOTE (AusChick @ May 7 2008, 11:29 PM)
I am sooooo getting it.

I think we all knew that already. biggrin.gif wink.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 8 2008, 08:29 AM)
I am sooooo getting it.
My player is multi-region (obviously - seeing as Spaced has never actually been released in my crap-arse region) so no issues there.

Me too; although I'm sure everyone knew that already, too! wink.gif I can never have too much stuff from my fave bunch of talented people. cool.gif

I am waiting for the yay or nay from Edgar about a Region 4 release, though. And if so, whether it'd be the UK or US version. smile.gif

Feel the (SPACED) love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
AusChick
Yeah I figured it probably didn't need saying.

I never had the VHS version myself.
I did have the individual series DVDs though.
I kept them for a long time even after I bought the box set but I finally gave them away a year or two ago.

*ETA* I'm too impatient to wait for a possible R4 release.
I suspect it may be a way off yet (if it happens at all)
I've yet to buy a R4 version of any of their stuff - I've been too impatient every time!
frostitute
Buying it, interested in watching their Q&A recording and reading the new biogs.
Llama
I'd like to get it, but money is a problem at the moment. Maybe someone will get it for my birthday or something.
dolfyn
^ *hint hint* tongue.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Jaffacakes316
i <3 my muilti region player.
pontcanna

I was glad to hear that this is the "draft version" of the cover art!
Jon 79
QUOTE (pontcanna @ May 8 2008, 03:15 AM)

That's good.
Tim looks a bit wrong.
UnderSpaced
I'll definitely be getting it. Already set money aside so I know I'll have the cash the day it comes out. laugh.gif
LoneWolf
I voted for the Got It But Getting It Again option, but really it's going to depend on available funds. Negative numbers are not my friends.
Llama
QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 8 2008, 02:31 AM)
^ *hint hint*  tongue.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

Haha, indeed biggrin.gif

If only Neil read the forum more and was here to get my extremely subtle hint.
Raven
QUOTE (pontcanna @ May 8 2008, 03:15 AM)

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ May 8 2008, 03:24 AM)
That's good.
Tim looks a bit wrong.

That is ghastly!

I've voted no, but I could be tempted if it gets a UK release.
Omniscia
I'll pick it up if it hits $10 or so, but the R2 discs are still perfectly fine for my needs. I don't care a whit about any of the guest commentators, and it's not like the show's any different.

Although maybe it is, minus the PAL speedup.
rabbit57i
That poll is a bit UK-centric. wink.gif

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ May 7 2008, 06:35 PM)
Do you still have the individual series then?
... & the VHS's? 

I have the first series VHS, the second series taped from the TV, both individual DVDs and the Mega-set. I don't think I need to get this. I would be interested in Simon, Edgar, & Jess's commentary since so much time has passed. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say. However, I will support it by buying it for my sister's birthday at the end of July.
melzilla
The way I see it, there aren't many better things to spend a few quid on than Spaced so I'll be getting it, even if it's just to watch the extras and look nice next to my other box set (and the original seperate series dvds which I use as "lending copies"...They are a bit scratched and knackered though!).
mcraigclark
I'll be buying it. I'm looking forward to having a copy that isn't dependent on my region-free player.
Omniscia
I'll buy it if it's between $10 an $20. Above $20, though, I'll stick to my R2 discs.
AusChick
QUOTE (Omniscia @ May 8 2008, 11:44 AM)
I'll pick it up if it hits $10 or so, but the R2 discs are still perfectly fine for my needs.

QUOTE (Omniscia @ May 9 2008, 03:19 AM)
I'll buy it if it's between $10 an $20. Above $20, though, I'll stick to my R2 discs.

I notice the price is creeping up already though wink.gif
Miss Shazam
^ I'll buy it if it's in between my future happiness and my soul, but really, that's it

On my part though, I ain't got the money.

AMY XXX biggrin.gif
Omniscia
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 9 2008, 05:26 AM)
I notice the price is creeping up already though  wink.gif

Whoa. Deja vu.
DeadMike
I bought a region free dvd player just to get Spaced (I live in the U.S.). But I'm buying this release too for the new commentaries and to loan to friends to get them hooked.

I heard it's going to be $49.99 here in the states. I bit pricey but fair I guess.
Omniscia
Rarely is it sold for the MSRP, though.
AusChick
50 bucks for a three-disc box-set really isn't much.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 10 2008, 03:27 AM)
50 bucks for a three-disc box-set really isn't much.

It is when that $50 is needed to pay for gas just to get you to work. wacko.gif
shaka37
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ May 12 2008, 11:53 AM)
It is when that $50 is needed to pay for gas just to get you to work.  wacko.gif

Boy, you got that right. I just filled up the tank of my small car for a mere $40. JEEZ. Still, maybe Bush's economic stimulus check might give me that extra $49.95 for the Spaced R1 DVD.

Thanks, BUSH!

Actually, I'd just rather he lower gas prices ... or do something right for a change. Frankly, he should be buying ME the Spaced DVD ... then again, maybe he is.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (shaka37 @ May 12 2008, 03:07 PM)
Still, maybe Bush's economic stimulus check might give me that extra $49.95 for the Spaced R1 DVD. 

I've paid some overdue bills with my "stimulus" check as I'm sure most people will be. Stimulus my ass!
Rush2112
I'm quite disappointed to learn that the cover art has been changed. I liked the Star Wars themed cover.

Any idea what it's going to be?
Jon 79
QUOTE (Rush2112 @ May 15 2008, 09:16 AM)
I'm quite disappointed to learn that the cover art has been changed. I liked the Star Wars themed cover.

Any idea what it's going to be?

Something similar to this.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ May 12 2008, 08:27 PM)
Stimulus my ass!

Arf.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ May 15 2008, 05:45 AM)
Arf.

blush.gif laugh.gif
Rush2112
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ May 15 2008, 05:45 AM)
Something similar to this.

Good lord...If I didn't know what Spaced was, I'd never approach a DVD with that cover! Bring back the Star Wars theme!
AusChick
QUOTE (shaka37 @ May 12 2008, 07:07 PM)
Still, maybe Bush's economic stimulus check might give me that extra $49.95 for the Spaced R1 DVD.

QUOTE (rabbit57i @ May 12 2008, 07:27 PM)
I've paid some overdue bills with my "stimulus" check as I'm sure most people will be. Stimulus my ass!

I don't actually know what this "stimulus cheque" is that you're talking about but all I can think of is the Futurama episode where Earth President Nixon gives everyone $300.

I love that episode!

Incidentally - petrol prices here are outrageous too.
Costs me $50 to fill up my car - and I only drive a tiny little Toyota hatchback.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 15 2008, 06:25 PM)
I don't actually know what this "stimulus cheque" is that you're talking about but all I can think of is the Futurama episode where Earth President Nixon gives everyone $300.

I love that episode!
Incidentally - petrol prices here are outrageous too.
Costs me $50 to fill up my car - and I only drive a tiny little Toyota hatchback.

This is similar. Most of the country gets around $300-$1200, with an additional $300 per dependent child.
frostitute
The stimulus check is just another screwup in a busted economy

That said, I can't wait for my free money cool.gif
dolfyn
*sigh*
Still no hint of any R4 release. I may have to pay extra to have it shipped from the US after all. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
rabbit57i
Final package art:

Omniscia
It sucks, and I hate Quentin Tarantino.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.