Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Sostie
Another Kick-Ass teaser.

Seems they are really focussing a lot on Hit Girl & Big Daddy.
logger
More Kick-Ass
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 5 2010, 01:38 PM) *
(I'm looking at you, Hitchhiker's!).

I don't see why everyone rants about the H2G2 movie.

Douglas Adams wrote the entire screenplay himself before he died, and they changed nothing. All the stuff people complain about "people" changing - the memory gun and all that stuff - that was all his idea.

Each version of the Guide he wrote had similar plot points and unique elements, and the movie is no different.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 8 2010, 09:18 PM) *
I don't see why everyone rants about the H2G2 movie.

Douglas Adams wrote the entire screenplay himself before he died, and they changed nothing. All the stuff people complain about "people" changing - the memory gun and all that stuff - that was all his idea.

Each version of the Guide he wrote had similar plot points and unique elements, and the movie is no different.

Hear hear.
maian
That he wrote it himself has no bearing on my opinion about it. It's a shoddy piece of work. That's largely down to the direction, which fails to get across the wit of the book and it's a largely dull and inferior adaptation.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 9 2010, 12:00 PM) *

hehe
widowspider
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 9 2010, 12:00 PM) *

Yes!
Raven
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 8 2010, 09:18 PM) *
Douglas Adams wrote the entire screenplay himself before he died, and they changed nothing.

Not entirely true, the screen play was given a re-write by Karey Kirkpatrick after Adams died.

According to good ole Wikipedia, one of the film's executive producers, Robbie Stamp, is on record as saying "The script we shot was very much based on the last draft that Douglas wrote....All the substantive new ideas in the movie...are brand new Douglas ideas written especially for the movie by him....Douglas was always up for reinventing HHGG in each of its different incarnations and he knew that working harder on some character development and some of the key relationships was an integral part of turning HHGG into a movie" however.

Personally though, the issue of whether Adams wrote it or not isn't the issue for me either; it is a poor film and it is also the poor relation when compared to the original radio series, the TV series and the book.
maian
This would probably best be described as a Not Coming Soon story, but Spider-Man 4 has been scrapped. No Raimi, no Maguire, no Dunst, and the franchise is to rebooted. Mental.
Starscream`s Ghost
Personally, I'm really pleased. I never liked Maguire as Spider-Man, and after the third movie (with Dancin' Spidey and all), I didn't really want Raimi back.

You never know, we might get a Spider-Man movie where the characters don't spend the whole movie weeping.
logger
I don't really think there is much that can be done with Spidey now, anyway. It'll just be another superhero movie now.
maian
Hmm, I think that, on balance, I'd agree that it's probably best for the franchise as things currently stand post Spidey 3, but I was still quite hopeful that Raimi would be able to get things back on track.
monkeyman
I'd better not have to sit through another origin story and then have to watch Peter fall In love and get the girl again blah blah blah. Pointless reboot is pointless.
zeden
The best one could realistically hope for is something akin to The Hulk reboot, skim over the already established origin and just get on with telling a story.

Kickass and The A-Team are looking like a hell of a lot of fun. I'm genuinely surprised by the kid assassin in Kickass too, seeing that sort of plot usually involves an escape into the realms of Japanese movies.
Everlong
QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 12 2010, 11:09 AM) *
The best one could realistically hope for is something akin to The Hulk reboot, skim over the already established origin and just get on with telling a story.

Kickass and The A-Team are looking like a hell of a lot of fun. I'm genuinely surprised by the kid assassin in Kickass too, seeing that sort of plot usually involves an escape into the realms of Japanese movies.

Incredible Hulk did just feel like a superior sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk, it pretty much felt like they carried on the story from that.

As for A-Team and Kick-Ass, it does seem like 2010 is the year for fun action films, what with the Iron Man sequel coming out too.

I haven't seen a trailer for Machete yet but hold high hopes for it.
zeden
I'm so out of the loop this is the first mention I've seen of Machete. This is Machete as in the Machete from the Grindhouse trailers?
Raven
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 12 2010, 12:41 AM) *
This would probably best be described as a Not Coming Soon story, but Spider-Man 4 has been scrapped. No Raimi, no Maguire, no Dunst, and the franchise is to rebooted. Mental.

That's a shame, I was hoping Rami was going to be able to resolve the differences he was having with SONY and co, but I guess not.

I'd much rather see Rami and Maguire continue, I have the distinct suspicion the series will just become another set of generic super-hero films now.
Everlong
Yup, they made a film out of a fake trailer with Danny Trejo, ha. Though it was probably their plan all along and it's just great viral marketing.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Someone on the Grauniad* website mentioned McG in the Spiderman 4 thread and now I'm scared.

*Guardian
mousespider
For a Spidey reboot series, I'd like to see them do the whole Gwen Stacy storyline, though I doubt they ever would.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (mousespider @ Jan 13 2010, 02:49 AM) *
For a Spidey reboot series, I'd like to see them do the whole Gwen Stacy storyline, though I doubt they ever would.

What is the Gwen storyline?

Something about cats is ringing a bell.
mousespider
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jan 13 2010, 12:52 AM) *

Close. It actually involves a neck snapping.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 12 2010, 12:41 AM) *

So long as they don't redo the origin storyand go for the the Hulk "reboot but actually carrying on" option I'm good. I don't know how much more there is to be said about Spider-Man though t o be honest. Time to get on to sensible Marvel characters like Thor and the X-Men Origins: Blob movie.
zeden
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 12 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Yup, they made a film out of a fake trailer with Danny Trejo, ha. Though it was probably their plan all along and it's just great viral marketing.

One word sums up my reactgion to this news. Sweet. happy.gif

Edit - Helps if I put that kind of thing in the right thread...
NiteFall
I heard it was being filmed as a back to back trilogy of Machete, Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again. Although I did see that on AICN, so it's probably complete tosh.
Ade
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jan 13 2010, 04:52 AM) *

Yes. She becomes a bell-ringing cat.
Rua
Kick Ass. Full Green trailer.
logger

A still from the set of Piranha 3D, which will sadly not be 3D anymore.
logger
MachoTailDrop

Somebody like Wes Anderson, or at least that's what the trailer wants you to think.
Serafina_Pekkala
Serge Gainsbourg: Vie Heroique

The bloke playing the title role is scarily good. So is Laetitia as Bardot and Chanel model Anna Mouglalis as Juliette Greco. And the late Lucy Gordon is perfect as Jane Birkin - making her tragic passing all the more sad. Looking forward to seeing this.

Sostie's avy is tres parfait, non?
maian
Marc Webb to direct new Spider-Man

Hmm, as much as I like (500) Days of Summer, despite it being the most manic pixie dreamgirl film I've ever seen, I can't see Webb moving from that to a big-budget superhero film. Unless he throws in a dance sequence, and the Spider-Man franchise has not historically done well with dance sequences.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jan 18 2010, 07:37 PM) *
Serge Gainsbourg: Vie Heroique

The bloke playing the title role is scarily good. So is Laetitia as Bardot and Chanel model Anna Mouglalis as Juliette Greco. And the late Lucy Gordon is perfect as Jane Birkin - making her tragic passing all the more sad. Looking forward to seeing this.

Sostie's avy is tres parfait, non?

Oui. Grands cervaux, eh!
Everlong
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 20 2010, 10:08 AM) *
Marc Webb to direct new Spider-Man

Hmm, as much as I like (500) Days of Summer, despite it being the most manic pixie dreamgirl film I've ever seen, I can't see Webb moving from that to a big-budget superhero film. Unless he throws in a dance sequence, and the Spider-Man franchise has not historically done well with dance sequences.

Spider... Webb.. It's crying out for jokes!

But yeah, I liked 500 days of summer. But then, he's done a quite diverse range of music videos. As long as he's got a quite good grasp on spiderman and it's history, it might not be a bad idea. Quite liked Raimi's take on the series though, even if it didn't have much venom in 3.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 20 2010, 11:20 AM) *
Spider... Webb.. It's crying out for jokes!

Quite liked Raimi's take on the series though, even if it didn't have much venom in 3.

laugh.gif
Everlong
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 20 2010, 02:44 PM) *
laugh.gif

I don't get it huh.gif

Although 3 had lots of flaws, It was only having Venom for a bit at the end that was the main one. Felt tacked-on. Yes there were scenes with Eddie Brock setting it up, but it was an anti-climax for such a big hyped up film.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 20 2010, 03:14 PM) *
I don't get it huh.gif

Although 3 had lots of flaws, It was only having Venom for a bit at the end that was the main one. Felt tacked-on. Yes there were scenes with Eddie Brock setting it up, but it was an anti-climax for such a big hyped up film.

I thought Spidey 3 had too much Venom and not enough venom - they should have saved Venom for its own movie.
Everlong
Ahh, I see. The baddie count did seem a bit crowded as it was, going from the usual 1 to 3.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 4 2010, 05:28 PM) *
Gainsbourg (Vie Heroique)

Trailer for the Serge Gainsbourg biopic. The casting for SG, Bardot and Birkn looks great (the bit as Bardot enters to "Initials BB" is fantastic).

Lots more clips for those intersted on You Tube. Viewing them, Lucy Gordon looks & sounds fantastic as Birkin. Such a shame she died so young.

All of this. Apologies

Oh, WARNING - trailer is in French and contains boobies. (which almost sums up Gainsbourg's life in one line)

And smoking. You forgot the smoking.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jan 22 2010, 04:41 PM) *
All of this. Apologies

No need. Your spelling was better than mine.

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jan 22 2010, 04:41 PM) *
And smoking. You forgot the smoking.

Boobies & smoking. Given a choice, could I live without one? If given that choice it might make giving up the cigs a lot easier.
Sean of the Dead
Four Lions

Really looking forward to this.
empathy-with-beast
Actually lol'd
Rua
Brilliant.
sweetbutinsane
Heh, that's going on my list of films to see this year. smile.gif
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 22 2010, 04:46 PM) *
Boobies & smoking. Given a choice, could I live without one? If given that choice it might make giving up the cigs a lot easier.

I read that as living with just one boobie. It's just the one, but it's a beaut!

QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jan 22 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Four Lions

Hope it gets a release as soon after Sundance as possible.
Raven
Gremlins 3-D?
Ade
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jan 22 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Four Lions

laugh.gif

Oh my god yes.
logger
Repo Chick Alex Cox goes all Lazy Town.
logger
That one has been taken down so here's the Repo Chick trailer again

The making of Repo Chick
Ade
That looks barmy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.