Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
melzilla
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 4 2010, 02:05 PM) *

Why, oh why!?
monkeyman
Cop out red band trailer http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/410827/kev...ew_trailer.html
I liked it.
Crutch
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 5 2010, 03:05 PM) *

It's so fucking cheap and politically uncorrect I already love it. I hope the DVD will have a hommage-o-meter.
logger
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 5 2010, 02:05 PM) *

Some good laughs but also some terrible jokes. I think I'll wait for the video.
empathy-with-beast
Just seen the new karate kid trailer. I have to say I don't like the look of it. The insertion of the Chineese vs American element inserts an ideological element that betrays the qualities of the original film.
monkeyman
QUOTE (logger @ Feb 5 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Some good laughs but also some terrible jokes. I think I'll wait for the video.

Agreed but I'm fairly certain I'll really like it. I like Willis being funny.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (melzilla @ Feb 4 2010, 05:30 PM) *
Why, oh why!?

They're a guilty pleasure of mine.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 9 2010, 01:48 PM) *

Very interesting - it's rare to hear Chris Morris talk at length about any of his work, and I had heard beyond the premiere Q+A he wasn't doing any interviews at Sundance, so good find there.
curtinparloe
Just seen the Clash Of The Titans trailer. Very silly. Seeing Liam Neeson as Zeus (or Captain Shiny-Armour) reminded me of Krull, where he was just a bandit.
Ade
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Feb 9 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Very interesting - it's rare to hear Chris Morris talk at length about any of his work, and I had heard beyond the premiere Q+A he wasn't doing any interviews at Sundance, so good find there.

Absolutely.

The bit about Martin Amis "thrashing some life back into his... limp member" gave me a hearty guffaw.
Raven
I didn't know there is a remake of The Black Hole in the offing, by the same guy who is currently making Tron: Legacy apparently . . .
logger
Centurion Looks dumb, still better than Clash of the Titans, but from the look of the trailer and the people involved it could be good. I'll probably not go and see it though.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 3 2010, 01:56 PM) *
A.D.

Looks awesome.

Awesome, any news on a release date?

QUOTE (logger @ Feb 2 2010, 11:13 PM) *
New Kick-Ass trailer With no power comes no responsibility.

It looks good.
Everlong
Looks like Pineapple Express is getting a sequel

Dunno about you guys, but I enjoyed the first one..

And POTC4 Seems to be happening (I'm way behind on this one..)
Ade
Dinner for Schmucks

Despite the fact it's a remake of possibly my favourite comedy film ever (which I watched again for the umpteenth time last night) - the French Le Dīner de Cons (1998) - I'm genuinely excited by the cast list for this adaptation:

Steve Carell
Paul Rudd
----
Jemaine Clement
Lucy Punch (Hot Fuzz's 'Eve')
Bruce Greenwood
David Walliams
Ron Livingston
Chris O'Dowd

Originally slated for remake status back in 1999/2000 I think, as a Kevin Kline vehicle, which could easily have worked.

In short, it's an absolutely superb choice of vehicle for Steve Carell (earmarked for the 'schmuck' role), and with Paul Rudd cast as his co-lead, this could prove to be a real winner. I have a suspicion the likes of Clement, O'Dowd (Marco, Blind Swordsman - yay!) and Walliams may likely only garner fleeting cameos during the very start of the film. Depends how drastically the original Francis Veber screenplay has been 'adapted', given that it is originally a stage play, and primarily focussed on a central core of 2-6 people throughout the bulk of the film, and in a singular set location. Because of this, the original clocks in at only 77 minutes, but judging by the extended number of other 'schmuck' characters ('Beard Champion') in the cast list, there could well be extra play for additional giggles outside of the central farce itself. Potential laughterfest.

I don't normally get too excited about the prospects of remakes/adaptations, and I could easily get quite precious about this once the first trailer emerges... but I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of this one. I dearly hope this adaptation does the original screenplay justice, as it's surely a comedy masterpiece. That said, the overall castings are looking bang on. I already have raised expectations, not to mention all fingers, legs and toes crossed. And it's scheduled for release soon after my birthday, too - BonusYay!

I would also add, if you haven't seen the orignal I would strongly recommend it. I've said so before, I know, but it does bear repeating.
Ade
Really liking the prospect of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's MicMacs, too. I've read several sources already describing it as a blend of Amelie and Delicatessen - I can't wait! Should be veeeerrrry interesting.
Ade
Me again.

Well, the new issue of Empire is out; 250th issue birthday edition. Nice articles on '25 Years of Back To The Future' and '80 years of Clint Eastwood'. Oh, and Kick-Ass gets a solid five-star review.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 25 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Really liking the prospect of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's MicMacs, too. I've read several sources already describing it as a blend of Amelie and Delicatessen - I can't wait! Should be veeeerrrry interesting.

I might be seeing this sometime over le weekend.

Dany Boon makes me swoon.
Sostie
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 26 2010, 02:04 PM) *
Oh, and Kick-Ass gets a solid five-star review.

Though Empire have given some real dross 5 stars in the past. Having said that, I was speaking to guy that works in the Cinema Store on Wednesday and he'd been to a preview screening the night before. He said it was "amazing".
Ade
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Feb 26 2010, 02:32 PM) *

Oooh, exciting! I hadn't realised it was the 26th Feb already - only just this minute seen the full trailer, looks fantastique! Might well try and catch this į la weekend aussi.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 26 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Though Empire have given some real dross 5 stars in the past. Having said that, I was speaking to guy that works in the Cinema Store on Wednesday and he'd been to a preview screening the night before. He said it was "amazing".

True. I'll pitch my expectations somewhere between the two.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 26 2010, 03:27 PM) *

I always view Empire scores as give or take two stars. Which sort of defeats the whole object of paying attention. I sit up and take notice if it's a 5 star or 1 star review, but they seem to give four stars to anything as a default setting if people are looking forward to it and they don't want to upset fanboys.
Ade
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 25 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Jean-Pierre Jeunet's MicMacs

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Feb 26 2010, 02:32 PM) *

God bless Cinema City, Norwich. Just got back from watching MicMacs.

You're gonna love it, Sefi.

In fact, I defy anyone not to enjoy it (unless you have a morbid fear of subtitles) - it really is an absolute delight from start to finish. Other than reading a brief outline of the film while it was still in production (most of which I'd forgotten), and skimming over the recent flurry of rave reviews, I'd deliberately avoided spoilers. Unsurprisingly perhaps, it wasn't what I was expecting at all. It's not as dark and grimy as Delicatessen, although it does have its moments. It clearly bears closest kinship with Amelie in its overall warmth and good humour, with a hint of love interest too, but 85% of it is pure visual poetry with endless ladles of comical set-pieces on both a grand and miniscule scale - it had me laughing regularly out loud, and constantly grinning throughout. I truly haven't enjoyed a film this much in such a long time; it's going to warrant many repeat viewings. And it made me pine for Paris again.

Ade says 'five stars'.

Yes, out of five.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 27 2010, 12:44 AM) *
God bless Cinema City, Norwich. Just got back from watching MicMacs.

You're gonna love it, Sefi.

Goody gumdrops. I made a special FB event and invited all my friends. I cannot wait!

If only most of you live nearby. I only have Kei on my Fb but rest of you are very welcome!
Ade
Vis-a-vis Dany Boon, I've just this second discovered (thanks to IMDB) that he's also in the other French film I want to see at my local luxury cinema: Welcome To The Sticks (2008), the premise of which struck me a little in mind of Hot Fuzz. Allegedly the most successful French film of all time, the trailer certainly makes it look good fun. Apparently there are only a few prints circulating the UK at present, so quite when my cinema is going to get it is still a bit up in the air, though it's allegedly meant to be very soon.

Stepping back to Cinema City Norwich for a moment, I was rather buzzed to see a poster for a film called Southern Softies starring none other than John Shuttleworth, Graham Felloews' alter ego. Why wasn't Iinformed of this!? Furthermore, it's showing on Monday evening, following by a Q&A session with Fellowes himself, in character no less. I think I'll be making another trek...
Raven
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 26 2010, 02:04 PM) *
Well, the new issue of Empire is out; 250th issue birthday edition.

And not a Star Wars cover in sight, they must be slipping!
PrincessKate
Love that accompanying image.
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 7 2010, 12:15 PM) *

I'm glad that this project is still alive. I remember him talking about it when he was doing the promotional tour for Forgetting Sarah Marshall and there has been precious little news on it since.
Zoe
I think everyone who saw 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' has just been waiting for Segel to make the next Muppet movie - I have high hopes.
maian
It's going to be directed by James Bobin, too, which is pretty interesting. Jason Segal + Muppets + co-creator of Flight of the Conchords = too good to be true?
monkeyman
New Iron Man II trailer.
God it looks good.
GundamGuy_UK
Oh God yes it does. And it comes out just before I go back to the UK (on May 9th), so I can see it with Chelsea.
Llama
Nice!
monkeyman
Not sure how I feel about the badguy in this utilising the same (sort of) power source as Stark like the bad guy in the first one. I know it works in the story I guess but hopefully there'll be something different in the 3rd.
Starscream`s Ghost
It looks good, but I can't bear Johansson and Cheadle. Hopefully they're not in it too much.
monkeyman
I get not liking Johannson but what's wrong with Cheadle? I guess I do think I prefer the original guy to Cheadle as War Machine.
Starscream`s Ghost
I've just never been keen on him as an actor. Maybe he'll be ok in this, we'll see. But I doubt it.
NiteFall
Don Cheadle is a very bad man.
omni
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 8 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I get not liking Johannson but what's wrong with Cheadle? I guess I do think I prefer the original guy to Cheadle as War Machine.

Terrence Howard was too busy hitting women to be in the sequel.
monkeyman
O rly?
Jon 79
I'm really liking the look of Tron Legacy.

I'm so glad this film is coming out now, and not in 2000 when the idea of a Tron sequel was on the cards.
omni
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 9 2010, 03:20 PM) *
I'm really liking the look of Tron Legacy.

I'm so glad this film is coming out now, and not in 2000 when the idea of a Tron sequel was on the cards.

Oooooh...It's like Hamlet with light cycles.
maian
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 8 2010, 07:42 AM) *
New Iron Man II trailer.
God it looks good.

It does have me a bit worried that it'll just turn into 30 minutes of metal men hitting each other at the end like the first one did, but that trailer also suggests that the wit and humour are still very much in place to balance it out.

Also, Sam Fucking Rockwell.
mousespider
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 10 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Also, Sam Fucking Rockwell.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Zoe
Er...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1050002/

Do you think they've recently seen High Fidelity?
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 11 2010, 05:05 PM) *
Er...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1050002/

Do you think they've recently seen High Fidelity?

Could have . . .

It says it is based on a novel, but it doesn't look as though the novel has been published yet (I couldn't find it on Amazon, anyway).
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Johnny Ball!

I'll go and see it just for that.
Sostie
The real Runaways performing "Cherry Bomb"

The movie Runaways performing "Cherry Bomb" featuring Dakota Fanning & Kristen Stewart.

Looking good. 'Bout time there was a Runaways revival. Stewart looks great as Joan Jett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.