Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
melzilla
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 11 2010, 07:01 PM) *
The real Runaways performing "Cherry Bomb"

The movie Runaways performing "Cherry Bomb" featuring Dakota Fanning & Kristen Stewart.

Looking good. 'Bout time there was a Runaways revival. Stewart looks great as Joan Jett

Wow! Looks very interesting. My mate's band does an awesome "Cherry Bomb" cover.
Outatime
I saw a trailer for Toy Story 3 last night which I am stupidly excited about, it looks brilliant.
logger
New Four Lions trailer Better than the last clip but I'm still not really feeling it.
Outatime
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 7 2010, 12:41 PM) *
It's going to be directed by James Bobin, too, which is pretty interesting. Jason Segal + Muppets + co-creator of Flight of the Conchords = too good to be true?

He's starring in it too.
omni
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 11 2010, 03:01 PM) *
The real Runaways performing "Cherry Bomb"

The movie Runaways performing "Cherry Bomb" featuring Dakota Fanning & Kristen Stewart.

Looking good. 'Bout time there was a Runaways revival. Stewart looks great as Joan Jett

They didn't think Lita Ford was a big enough role for a name actress?
Sostie
QUOTE (omni @ Mar 18 2010, 04:27 PM) *
They didn't think Lita Ford was a big enough role for a name actress?

From the looks of the trailer it seems the film focusses a lot on Jett & Currie's relationship
omni
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 18 2010, 12:35 PM) *
From the looks of the trailer it seems the film focusses a lot on Jett & Currie's relationship

You ain't kidding:

A biographical film based on the band, began filming in June 2009,[17][18] with actresses Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning cast as Jett and Currie, respectively. Stella Maeve has been cast as Sandy West while Scout Taylor-Compton will play Lita Ford. Michael Shannon is set to play manager Kim Fowley. None of the band's former bass players will be featured in the film, and the character of the bass player will instead be fictitious.

What a load of shite. They rewrite history just to save money on acting contracts.
logger
Grab some tissues, Sosite. Jason Statham is The Mechanic

From the looks of the trailer it looks to be based on the Charlie fucking Bronson movie of the same name, although I'm not sure just how similar it'll be.
Sostie
QUOTE (omni @ Mar 18 2010, 04:42 PM) *
You ain't kidding:

A biographical film based on the band, began filming in June 2009,[17][18] with actresses Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning cast as Jett and Currie, respectively. Stella Maeve has been cast as Sandy West while Scout Taylor-Compton will play Lita Ford. Michael Shannon is set to play manager Kim Fowley. None of the band's former bass players will be featured in the film, and the character of the bass player will instead be fictitious.

What a load of shite. They rewrite history just to save money on acting contracts.

I think it's more of a case of lesbian jailbait sells.

QUOTE (logger @ Mar 18 2010, 05:19 PM) *
Grab some tissues, Sosite. Jason Statham is The Mechanic

Already! The Stath and Ben Foster...that's enticing.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 11 2010, 07:01 PM) *

That song will forever be associated with Dazed & Confused for me. Anyway, I'm kinda interested to see Fanning as a teenager rather than a precocious kid.
blackcherry
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 10 2010, 11:00 PM) *
It does have me a bit worried that it'll just turn into 30 minutes of metal men hitting each other at the end like the first one did, but that trailer also suggests that the wit and humour are still very much in place to balance it out.

Also, Sam Fucking Rockwell.

Bah, can't watch the trailer at work. But the words 'Sam Rockwell' make me very excited. I don't know if I can cope with him and RDJ in the same film, I may explode.
Jimmay
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Mar 19 2010, 10:07 AM) *
That song will forever be associated with Dazed & Confused for me. Anyway, I'm kinda interested to see Fanning as a teenager rather than a precocious kid.

She was the best thing in Push and was realtively (14 I think) growed up in that. While we're on the subject, it wasn't a terrible film.
logger
Predators trailer
Henry Krinkle
QUOTE (Outatime @ Mar 14 2010, 02:33 PM) *
I saw a trailer for Toy Story 3 last night which I am stupidly excited about, it looks brilliant.

I saw that recently.
It made me worried. The same sort of worried I felt when I first saw the Cars trailer.

It just looks a bit unfocused. I'm sure my fears will be unfounded.
Ade
Good heavens. The Krinkle!

QUOTE (logger @ Mar 17 2010, 03:08 PM) *
New Four Lions trailer Better than the last clip but I'm still not really feeling it.

Bombcrow chaos.

I liked it. And I had to laugh at "big hands".
logger
I did laugh at that and there are some gags that I think would work in the film but I think the trailer is trying to make the film look wackier than it is. Or at least I hope so.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 17 2010, 03:08 PM) *

I definitely am. laugh.gif
maian
Reviews of early screening of Toy Story 3

It seems like it'll be less adventurous than Pixar's recent films, but will maintain the previous films' focus on the characters and the series' theme of aging. I'm still very excited about it.
maian
And Captain America is...The Human Torch!

That could make for one freaky crossover movie.
Henry Krinkle
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 22 2010, 02:02 PM) *
Reviews of early screening of Toy Story 3

It seems like it'll be less adventurous than Pixar's recent films, but will maintain the previous films' focus on the characters and the series' theme of aging. I'm still very excited about it.

I'm now more excited after reading those reviews.
It better make me want to cry, though. I'd hate to expect a teary finale and not get one.
The trailer just doesn't inspire any confidence. It tells me that Andy's gone to college and then promises skip loads of madcap running, jumping, posturing and pratfalls - all built around Ken from off of Barbie and Ken being hilarious.
What if it's the turtles from Finding Nemo all over again, with me finding it excruciatingly annoying and everyone else in the world lapping it up, like frazzled surfer characters are, or were, ever funny. I don't think I could face that again.

QUOTE (maian @ Mar 23 2010, 12:35 AM) *

I was just saying this to someone last night. I was told Fantastic Four is heading for a reboot too.
My friend didn't cite his source though, so that could be poppycock.
He also maintains that Zac Efron will be the new Spidey.
Sostie

I hated Evans as Human Torch. Or rather, I hated the character of Human Torch. Evans did redeem himself in Cellular. However, I really can't imagine him as Captain America.

I doubt there would be a crossover. Captain America's origins will be during WWII (I hope this is what they go for) and Fantastic Four wouldn't really be a feature in any Avengers movie.

Seeing Disney now have the Marvel rights I wouldn't be surprised if there are a hell of a lot of reboots. It worked quite smoothly with Batman and Punisher.
maian
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 23 2010, 10:33 AM) *
I doubt there would be a crossover. Captain America's origins will be during WWII (I hope this is what they go for) and Fantastic Four wouldn't really be a feature in any Avengers movie.

It was more of a facetious remark.

I reckon he could be very good in the role. He's great in Sunshine and he was one of my favourite aspects of the Fantastic Four films. (Though that is damning with faint praise.)
Llama
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 19 2010, 06:25 PM) *
I did laugh at that and there are some gags that I think would work in the film but I think the trailer is trying to make the film look wackier than it is. Or at least I hope so.

I know what you mean, but then saw this from someone who's seen it:

"Lions is amazing, funny, tense and quite moving. One of those films you can't quite believe they had the guts to make yet eternally grateful they did. The knee-jerk brigade will be out in force for it, it's way too smart for them."

And feel a bit less worried.
Ade

Captain Flamerica?
empathy-with-beast
The Human America?

He has all the powers on world leading GDP democratic nation coupled with its geographical features.
omni
I have just viewed the trailer for Eat Pray Love.

To quote the great Stephen Fry:

"Sometimes there just isn't enough vomit in the world."
Raven
QUOTE (Ade @ Mar 24 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Captain Flamerica?

QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Mar 24 2010, 01:19 PM) *
The Human America?

He has all the powers on world leading GDP democratic nation coupled with its geographical features.

Captain Torch?

I can see a man in red, white and blue with a bandana of maglites.

In other news, Emma Thompson has confirmed that Carey Mulligan will star as Eliza Doolittle in a remake of My Fair Lady. Someone's star is on the rise . . .
Sostie
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 25 2010, 07:56 PM) *

I'm thinking Firth, or even Rickman as Higgins. Or Stath.
logger
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 26 2010, 12:49 AM) *
Or Stath.

"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the fuckin' plain, you Sausage Nigel".
Ade
Somebody must surely have already posted this: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - first trailer

Looks rather ruddy excellent. An epic of epic epicness indeed. Hee!
maian
Eastern Promises 2 on the way.

I'm not 100% sold on the need for a sequel - I thought that the first film, whilst good, was flawed and I don't know where they can go with the character - but the article did bring the existence of The Talking Cure to my attention. Cronenberg directing Mortenson as Freud and Michael Fassbender as Jung sounds pretty tantalising.
logger
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 29 2010, 06:17 PM) *
Cronenberg directing Mortenson as Freud and Michael Fassbender as Jung sounds pretty tantalising.

I hope they're involved in Da Vinci style mystery. They can even travel through time with Jung.
logger
Independence Day 2 & 3 ?
Raven
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 30 2010, 04:40 PM) *

Moved to the film thread!

I can't see how they are going to milk another two films out of this, given that all the major cities have been destroyed etc.
logger
Maybe there will be no aliens and it just focuses on how humans come to terms with with what happened in the first film.
Raven
Can't see that happening!
maian
Salt looks like it could be a lot of fun. Though I'm disappointed that it isn't an adaptation of Mark Kurlansky's non-fiction book about the history of salt.
Henry Krinkle
QUOTE (Ade @ Mar 28 2010, 02:44 AM) *
Somebody must surely have already posted this: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - first trailer

They trailed it when I saw Kick-Ass last week. On reflection, the Scott Pilgrim trailer was the best bit of that evenings presentation.
What's everyones apparent beef with Michael Cera? He's perfectly lovable.
maian
QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Apr 2 2010, 02:29 PM) *
They trailed it when I saw Kick-Ass last week. On reflection, the Scott Pilgrim trailer was the best bit of that evenings presentation.
What's everyones apparent beef with Michael Cera? He's perfectly lovable.

I think a lot of people have reached a point where they think he is just repeating the same role over and over, so he's gone from the goofy, awkward guy that everyone likes to the goofy, awkward guy that every is kind of bored with.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, though. I think he's great and is generally the best part of anything he's in (apart from Arrested Development, in which he's on pretty equal footing) but I can see why some people have been turned off by him over the last few years.
Henry Krinkle
Yeah, I guess.
But he's thoroughly adorable.
Even when he played against type, sort of, in Youth In Revolt, he was still adorable. I hate naughty kids, but I loved seeing him putting out a fag in his breakfast cereal and then nonchalantly flipping the bowl across the table at his Mum as he got up.
My wife often says "I just want to be his Mum" when he's on screen, and I doubt this changed that sentiment.

Awkward Nerd is his signature. I don't think I want to see him play anything else.
He's a lovely, safe, completely known quantity. I can use "Let's go see that new Michael Cera movie" in the same way people can say "Let's go see that new Sandra Bullock movie" as shorthand. Or, to a lesser extent, "Let's go see that new Paul Hogan movie", when it was 20 years ago.
No one needs to waste time asking "What's it about?"
They already know. It has Michael Cera in it. There'll be plenty of awkward mumbling and bits where you'll put your arm out towards the screen and pinch at his cheeks, a bit like the way that guy from Kids In The Hall would do the 'I'm crushing your head' stuff, but, y'know, with cheek pinching intstead of head crushing.

So, he's almost exactly the same all the time. When he's this lovable, I don't get what's not to love.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 29 2010, 06:17 PM) *
Cronenberg directing Mortenson as Freud and Michael Fassbender as Jung sounds pretty tantalising.

And hot.

And a whole new Guinness World record for actor screwing crew members in the offing if either males reps have owt to do with it.
logger
Step Up 3D
mcraigclark
Why have Death at a Funeral and The Karate Kid been remade?
Baz
Resident Evil: Afterlife trailer - http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19686

Looks shit.
Sostie
Birdemic: Shock and Terror Apparentley it's had a small release in New York, 2 years after it was initially exhibited. I think those that have re-released it know how shit it is and are cashing in on the badness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNvBucoNSY
mcraigclark
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 9 2010, 03:24 PM) *
Birdemic: Shock and Terror Apparentley it's had a small release in New York, 2 years after it was initially exhibited. I think those that have re-released it know how shit it is and are cashing in on the badness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNvBucoNSY

Did I just taste every flavor of irony, or it this a serious effort?
PrincessKate
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Apr 10 2010, 12:26 AM) *
Did I just taste every flavor of irony, or it this a serious effort?

Serious, I think.

Though he's readily embracing the 'so bad its good' hype, so perhaps not.
maian
I really like the look of Knight and Day, starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. It looks like a lot of fun, and Cruise's performance seems delightfully unhinged.
maian
The Other Guys has just gone quite high up on my list of films to see this year. I like the Wahlberg-Ferrell pairing, and the notion of the cops who aren't superstar badasses being the stars of an action film seems rife with potential.
PrincessKate
I was looking at the cast list of Cemetary Junction, it's part Trinity reunion (Dorian + Jonty in lead roles) and part minor stars of CITV convention (Katy Murphy from Mike & Angelo + Felicity Jones from the Worst Witch).

I do want to see it, but any instance of Mr Gervais in the trailers made me want to throw books at him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.