Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Kick in the Head
Ong Bak 2 Promo Reel arrives - not sure exactly how it ties into Ong Bak (it seems set a few hundred years before the original), but it finally looks like the material will finally meet the quality of the action. More weapons play than usual Tony Jaa action, but it looks pretty stonking so far.
logger
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jun 17 2008, 04:09 PM)

It had me at samurai slasher.
Raven
Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, staring Russell Crowe as a "sympathetic" Sheriff of Nottingham, and Sienna Miller as Maid Marion (actors stike depending).
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 18 2008, 09:47 AM)
Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, staring Russell Crowe as a "sympathetic" Sheriff of Nottingham, and Sienna Miller as Maid Marion (actors stike depending).

Apparently it will be called 'Nottingham'; Fireman James is working on filming at Pinewood.
Zoe
Fuck. I'm glad I'm moving. There's gonna be a riot on Maid Marion Way.

The movie is a twist on the classic story, with the Sheriff of Nottingham cast as a sympathetic figure up against a not-so-heroic Robin Hood.
Jon 79
I'm glad he's putting a twist on it.

... I'd still love to see a Maid Marion & Her Merry Men movie.
Outatime
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jun 18 2008, 10:39 AM)
I'd still love to see a Maid Marion & Her Merry Men movie.

Wouldn't we all.
Rua
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 10 2008, 11:30 PM)
I'm not wholly sure about this, but City of Ember looks potentially amazing...

All shot in the old Paint Hall in the Titanic Quarter of Belfast.
There's a useless piece of trivia for you.
dolfyn
^ Useless pieces of trivia make my world turn. happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
logger
Werner Herzog 're-imagining' Bad Lieutenant with Nick Cage.

There's at least one scene I want to see given the Cage treatment.
maian
Fans of 'Lars and The Real Girl' might be interested to know that director Craig Gillepsie and star Ryan Gosling are reuniting for The Dallas Buyer's Club. Based on the following plot synopsis*:

Told to "go home and die" after developing full-blown AIDS in 1986, electrician Ron Woodroof delves into the world of underground pharmacies that supply HIV drugs not approved for use in the U.S. in an attempt to prolong his life, and, ultimately, the lives of thousands of other people.

It seems that the winner of Best Actor, Academy Awards 2010 may already been in the bag.

*Not much in there that you wouldn't already know if you were interested in the film, but nevertheless.
thirtyhelens
YAAAAY! Thanks to everyone who voted for my friend Tim's Ozymandias toy video in the Watchmen contest; turns out he wasn't one of the top five YouTube placers, however.... no bother. He WAS one of the ones hand picked by Zack Snyder, he gets a grand and is one step closer to getting in the film!

http://www.youtube.com/user/watchmenmovie

Tee hee. biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
Two of Sostie's man crushes collide:

Brolin rumored to replace Butler in Escape From NY remake
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 23 2008, 07:55 PM)
YAAAAY!  Thanks to everyone who voted for my friend Tim's Ozymandias toy video in the Watchmen contest; turns out he wasn't one of the top five YouTube placers, however.... no bother.  He WAS one of the ones hand picked by Zack Snyder, he gets a grand and is one step closer to getting in the film!

Wow, excellent. If that ad doesn't make the film I will eat my Bubastis action figure!
Sostie
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 24 2008, 05:42 AM)

If they have to make it it's quite a good choice, and one I never considered.

Still, The Stath for me if there was a Snake Plisken "re-imagining".
NiteFall
But isn't The Stath your choice for every leading role in cinema?
blackcherry
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 20 2008, 04:09 PM)
Werner Herzog 're-imagining' Bad Lieutenant with Nick Cage.

There's at least one scene I want to see given the Cage treatment.

Oh dear god no.
empathy-with-beast
I'm still waiting for Bad Lieutenant II: Worse Lieutenant to come out.
maian
Empire's initial reaction to Hellboy II

Admittedly, Chris Hewitt is biased in favour of the film, but this has further bouyed my hopes for the film.
maian
And in other Hellboy related news, an interview with Doug Jones in make-up.

The Angel of Death looks fucking awesome.
Crutch
SAW V teaser poster. I freggin' love this franchise.
logger
Day the Earth Stood Still

Looks poor.
Starscream`s Ghost
Doesn't it just.

Poor Gort.
Raven
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me . . .

Was the kid in it Mika from Heroes?
logger
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 6 2008, 12:54 AM)
Was the kid in it Mika from Heroes?

I'm not sure, it does look a bit like him though.

I like when the dude asks Keanu if he is aware of an impending attack and we see the Empire State Building in a "remember 9/11?" kind of way. Now that's film making.
thirtyhelens
Ten tons of "meh."

I'm actually disappointed in Chris Hewitt, whom I really like, saying that trailer "looks promising." If you enjoy paying money to take a nap in the dark, maybe.
maian
I'm just waiting for the big budget remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space. That'd be worth seeing.
Ade
Before the Thunder...

Rain Of Madness

...comes the Madness.
thirtyhelens
HA, I just watched that trailer about 15 minutes ago. Superb nods to Eleanor Coppola there. laugh.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 5 2008, 10:44 PM)

Keanu is hilarious.
KevinandNick
I have said this before, but there are certain classic movies that should have preservation orders slapped on them and The Day The Earth Stood Still is in the top ten.

This remake looks a pile of shit and I hope it gets everything that's due...

Kev W
dolfyn
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 24 2008, 10:08 PM)
But isn't The Stath your choice for every leading role in cinema?

He's going to be interviewed on our biggest night time talk-show this Sunday. So are Meryl Streep & Colin Firth. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
gulfcoast_highwayman
Well, I've just watched him in Mean Machine, on Film 4, so there!

I'm just gutted he didn't take the chance to knock fuck out of Danny Dyer.
NiteFall
I'm always gutted whenever anyone doesn't knock the fuck out of Danny Dyer to be honest.
thirtyhelens
CHUD spoils the Watchmen trailer unspooling before The Dark Knight... a little bit.

I skimmed over most of it, but did catch the bit about the reveal of Dr. Manhattan. I'm officially plotzing... bring on Big Blue.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jul 15 2008, 05:53 AM)

Cor. I so want this to be good. Is there a fingers-crossed smiley?
Ade
I really think Jackie Earle Haley is a superb casting choice as Rorschach. If anyone has seen Little Children, you'll know what a suitably creepy choice he is. I'm really looking forward to this already, and I haven't even finished reading the Watchmen trade paperback yet.
Rua
Bloody hell. It actually sounds really good.

I'm no good & not getting excited.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 15 2008, 10:14 AM)
I really think Jackie Earle Haley is a superb casting choice as Rorschach. If anyone has seen Little Children, you'll know what a suitably creepy choice he is. I'm really looking forward to this already, and I haven't even finished reading the Watchmen trade paperback yet.

I don't know that film, but he certainly looks the part. As for Billy Crudup's blue face... it could work! I so want Manhatten to be crazy CG for once - all transparent and glowing maybe, rather than just a blue-skinned guy. But the big question is do they unveil his blue cock in the trailer?
sleeping_pirate
I'm so excited about The Dark Knight. I've got tickets to see it on Friday night at a beautiful old cinema in Brisbane.
Jessopjessopjessop
The Spirit trailer. Weirdness. But props for Hybrid on the soundtrack.
ipse dixit
I think it looks kinda poopy. Shallow and glossy. Not for me.

I see Dark Knight on Friday. Semi-yay. Fun to see but boo to the fact that I'll have no-one to talk to about it for at least a week.
maian
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jul 15 2008, 10:09 AM)
Cor. I so want this to be good. Is there a fingers-crossed smiley?

That's pretty much the death knell for it. Low expectations are the way to go, Adam. Low expectations.

QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 15 2008, 10:14 AM)

Aye, I think he's a brilliant choice as well. He's also in Scorsese's adaptation of Shutter Island next year as well, should be interesting.

QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Jul 15 2008, 12:52 PM)
I see Dark Knight on Friday. Semi-yay. Fun to see but boo to the fact that I'll have no-one to talk to about it for at least a week.

I've still got 8 more days til I see it. The suspense is killing me.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Jul 15 2008, 12:52 PM)

What the cock?!
Raven
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 15 2008, 01:30 PM)
I've still got 8 more days til I see it. The suspense is killing me.

Man found dead from suspense, Dark Knight implicated . . .
melzilla
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jul 15 2008, 12:24 PM)
The Spirit trailer. Weirdness. But props for Hybrid on the soundtrack.

Hmm. Very odd. It does seem extra-glossy. Some bits looked interesting, some a bit cheesy. I hope the dialogue isn't that bad throughout the film. I'm still intrigued, though.
thirtyhelens
It does look a tad lite, but I'm hoping it's down to a badly selected trailer. There are GIANT billboards going up all over town with the various ladies' faces (Johansson, Mendes, Paulson) on 'em. I can't help but be curious to see what Miller's going to add to the soup, eh.

And for some reason it keeps making me think "You know, what Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow really needed was Frank Miller's boot up its hiney." laugh.gif
maian
Those interested in Ben Stiller's new epic, Tropic Thunder, may be interested in looking at its star's homepage:

Tugg Speedman's homepage
logger
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 15 2008, 08:35 PM)

His favourite charity really made me laugh.
ipse dixit
I want to see the trailer for Simple Jack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.