Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
logger
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 7 2010, 02:45 PM) *
Brad Bird to direct Mission Impossible IV. I'm interested to see how he'll do with the switch to live-action.

The Mission Impossible films have had some interesting directors.
maian
Teaser for J.J. Abrams' secret film, Super 8

Crappy cinema video aside, it looks pretty intriguing, and I'm impressed that Jaybrams can make a film for $45 million and have no one know a single thing about it until he tells them.
monkeyman
I'm already really interested even though I know nothing about it.
maian
It's reached the stage with me where I'm excited about anything that his name appears on (I'm even interested in seeing what his next T.V. show, Undercovers, is like, and I'm pretty bored of spy shows at this point). I was excited when they said he had a new secret project, then I was even more excited when they revealed that he had written and directed it (rather than just produced, a la Cloverfield), and the teaser has really got me interested. Shame that it's over a year away.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 6 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Anything new from Vincenzo Natali is worth a look. Actually, some of the best-looking films this year feature Adrien Brody - which is good because I like him in pretty much anything. Splice, then Predators, plus the excellent The Brothers Bloom (finally getting a UK release), and then there's this trailer for High School.
maian
Third and final trailer for "Inception"

They're still playing their cards close to their chest - the trailer only confirms what the early ones suggested about the plot - but it's good seeing a little bit more of the other actors and special effects on display.
sweetbutinsane
I'm very much looking forward to seeing that.
maian
First pictures of "Let Me In" surface

Hmm. Good casting, but those images make me think that it's a little too close to the original to really distinguish itself.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (maian @ May 9 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Hmm. Good casting, but those images make me think that it's a little too close to the original to really distinguish itself.

But there are no subtitles and it's therefore good for business!
maian
And because Matt Reeve directed Cloverfield, it'll all be shaky cam and for most of the film we won't see Eli/Abby. Also, someone's head will explode. I've made myself excited about this movie now...

I'm glad that Richard Jenkins is getting cast in more things now. He's great in everything (I haven't seen, nor will I ever see, Dear John, but I'm sure he's fine in it) and could really do that part justice.
dandan
QUOTE (maian @ May 7 2010, 09:34 PM) *
It's reached the stage with me where I'm excited about anything that his name appears on ...

watch some of 'fringe', you'll soon realise there's nothing to be excited about...
maian
I really like Fringe, though it does take the best part of a season to get going. I've yet to be disappointed by anything he's been involved with.
maian
P.W.S. Anderson's 3D version of The Three Musketeers has a surprisingly good cast

Mads, Milla, Third Punisher, Hans Landa. I hope that the film itself winds up half as good as the people in it, and that Orlando stays well away from it.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (maian @ May 11 2010, 11:01 PM) *
Mads, Milla, Hans Landa.

Fucking yes. Milla would make a sexy Milady De Winter. Read the above and hoped to St Betsy that Mads wears an eyepatch as the baddie, Rochefort. AND I WAS RIGHT!

This really truly made my day, Ed.
Henry Krinkle
Not coming soon, Disney/Pixars Newt.
NiteFall
A shame, but given Pixar's high standards it was probably for a good reason.
Sostie
Has anyone posted the trailer for Machete yet?

Helluva cast, but I was shocked to see which particular big name appears in the film. Have a look at 1:40 into the trailer.

I think Danny Trejo could be this years big action star - Expendables, Machete and Predators. Not bad for a man of 66!

Ade
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 17 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Has anyone posted the trailer for Machete yet?

Helluva cast, but I was shocked to see which particular big name appears in the film. Have a look at 1:40 into the trailer.

I think Danny Trejo could be this years big action star - Expendables, Machete and Predators. Not bad for a man of 66!

That looks fab-o. Great cast indeed.
NiteFall
Another SNL spinoff film, this time it's MacGruber.. Hopefully more Blues Brothers and less Blues Brothers 2000.
maian
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 19 2010, 10:52 AM) *
Another SNL spinoff film, this time it's MacGruber.. Hopefully more Blues Brothers and less Blues Brothers 2000.

I might go and see that this Friday, so I'll report back. They've been running ads for it non-stop on TV over here, and what I've seen of it looks good.
Serafina_Pekkala
Night at the Roxbury was quite funny. Superstar - less so. SNL movies are more miss than hit.
maian
The Adjustment Bureau

I do like the look of this. Looks like one of the better Philip K. Dick adaptations out there (though I haven't read the story it's based on, so I don't know how faithful it is) and it's got a very good cast.
Ade
Okay, so I don't know if anyone's even mentioned this recently, but it looks like The Brothers Bloom is finally getting a UK theatrical release next Friday.
maian
QUOTE (Ade @ May 27 2010, 11:40 PM) *
Okay, so I don't know if anyone's even mentioned this recently, but it looks like The Brothers Bloom is finally getting a UK theatrical release next Friday.

I just discovered that today when I got an e-mail invite to a press screening on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I can't make it, but I'm still terribly excited about seeing it when it goes on general release.
Sostie
QUOTE (Ade @ May 27 2010, 11:40 PM) *

I've been waiting for that for aaaages. I was beginning to think it sneaked out over here without anyone noticing.
Serafina_Pekkala
Gawker movie reviews funnies

Eat, Pray, Love, 8/13

What Is It: A rich woman (Julia Roberts) leaves her husband and then spends the next year or whatever traveling around the world gaining culinary and spiritual enlightenment. Then she comes back and wants you to do the same thing, because everyone can afford to not work and travel for a year just like her, right? Right??

Should You See It: They filmed a scene of this on my block (I think she's supposed to live there or something) and I was standing in my building checking my mail and, yes, gawping a little at Viola Davis when a PA walked into my building and told me (and a couple other residents) that we couldn't stand there. Again, we were in our building. So, for that reason, you should not go see it. Because that PA with the beard and the shaved head and gray cargo shorts and tan T-shirt was a total jerk. Also, I'm not sure Elizabeth Gilbert (the author of the book and the O.G. rich lady) needs any more of your money.

The film sounds like exact sort of thing that makes me do sicky in mouth.
NiteFall
While this may be the most perfect film review in history-

The Expendables, 8/13
What Is It: Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Steve Austin, Eric Roberts, Jet Li, and Jason Statham go on a mercenary action adventure together, the kind of action adventure they used to have before action movies had to go and get all hip and Matrix-y. Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger (totally didn't spell that right on the first try!) have cameos. Guns and stuff happen.
Should You Go See It: I'm sorry, let me just repeat that first part for you: "Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Steve Austin, Eric Joberts, Jet Li, and Jason Statham go on a mercenary action adventure together." OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO SEE IT. It's going to be the face-meltingest action movie since, like, Con Air. This is not a suggestion. This is a requirement. You must see this movie.
monkeyman
I can't find the Hobbit thread (maybe I'm being blind...), anyhoo: Del Toro no longer directing the Hobbit
This makes me sad
Serafina_Pekkala
Tarsem's Immortals video diary

One of my favourite directors returns - this time tackling the legend of Theseus and other myths. Eiko Ishioka will be doing the production design as in The Fall and The Cell.
Atara
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 31 2010, 08:29 AM) *
I can't find the Hobbit thread (maybe I'm being blind...), anyhoo: Del Toro no longer directing the Hobbit
This makes me sad

Crap... I hope Peter Jackson takes it over as director and if not I hope the elements Del Toro would have brought, such as a greater focus on physical effects etc, will not be compromised if someone else steps in and wants to leave their mark.

Oh that has ruined my entire day. I was really excited about Del Toros direction.
Raven
I wonder if Jackson will step in now?
maian
Damn, that is a shame, but I can understand that, with MGM's financial struggles and del Toro having a very long list of other projects he's attached to, he probably couldn't justify waiting around for a start date.

He was quoted the other day saying that the designs for all the creatures had been finalised and that most of the animatics for battle sequences had been finished. I wonder if they would just get someone in and have them actually carry out all the stuff that he had decided on, or if they'll just start from scratch.
monkeyman
There's no way it'll start from scratch.
Ade
Aye, 'tis a shame Del Toro's had to step down, but I'm glad that (by sounds of things, anyway) his input into the project up to this stage will be preserved. Goodness knows who else could make for an ideal replacement if Jackson chooses to remain in his role as producer. If he does decide to take over as director though I'll be happy.
PrincessKate
I'm getting impatient about the release of Jackboots on Whitehall, hope it isn't going to be quietly released as dvd only.
maian
Who would people like to see take over The Hobbit, and who do you think actually has a chance?

The way I see it, there are two directions they could go in: they could choose an established director, who might want to start pre-production (at least in terms of animatics and such, rather than the design stuff which is assumingly set in stone) again so that they aren't working from someone else's ideas, or a new, relatively untested director who they could more easily sway. If the former, I could see Sam Raimi, who doesn't seem to be doing much at the moment and shares a very similar aesthetic with Jackson and can handle big-budget fantasy. If the latter, maybe Neill Blomkamp, who might be ready to step up to the plate after his success with District 9, especially since he's got a pre-existing relationship with Peter Jackson.
Serafina_Pekkala
Programme announced today. Edinburgh film festival opens on my birthday - and I may be going to the opener, Sylvain Chomet's The Illusionist (from the animator of Belleville Rendezvous - set in Edinburgh and elsewhere). A treat for me.

Other treats too. Danish-Scottish cinema! Rhys Ifans as Mr Nice! Sir Patrick Stewart! All kinds.
monkeyman
I know it's not a movie but; the first zombie images fromthe upcoming Walking Dead TV series have been released.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/20...tion-begins.php

Holy crap, I was a bit worried it would be a toned down goreless cop out but those zombies look brutal
maian
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 2 2010, 09:43 PM) *
I know it's not a movie but; the first zombie images fromthe upcoming Walking Dead TV series have been released.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/20...tion-begins.php

Holy crap, I was a bit worried it would be a toned down goreless cop out but those zombies look brutal

Nice! Nic posted this video on Twitter of Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd talking about the show. It's basically a short puff piece, but there's some footage of the costumes and it's the first time I've really got a sense of the scale they'll be aiming for.
monkeyman
Nice, I'll check it out when I get home (no Flash on iPhone). Really excited by this now, from what little info there is it seems it's going to try hard to keep the atmosphere and violence of the comics.
GundamGuy_UK
Movie designs for Thor and Captain America:

Atara
Thor looks super naff
logger
Thor looks like Will Ferrell.
maian
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 3 2010, 09:23 PM) *
Thor looks like Will Ferrell.

Great Odin's raven!
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 3 2010, 09:13 PM) *
Thor looks super naff

Eomer Branson

His hammer looks like a big glacier mint
Jessopjessopjessop
Two reasons why comic book movies will soon start falling out of favour. They are stupid characters and will not work on film.
Sostie
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 4 2010, 09:27 AM) *
Two reasons why comic book movies will soon start falling out of favour. They are stupid characters and will not work on film.

Yeah, you'll change your tone when you get offered big bucks for the Michael Bay adaptation of Little Jimmy.

RE: Walking Dead. I'm so excited I'm afarid I may feel a bit let down when I see it. Due to Sky constantly showing The Mist, I seem to dip into that film at least once a week. I have concluded that I love Frank Darabont.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 4 2010, 09:42 AM) *
Yeah, you'll change your tone when you get offered big bucks for the Michael Bay adaptation of Little Jimmy.

RE: Walking Dead. I'm so excited I'm afarid I may feel a bit let down when I see it. Due to Sky constantly showing The Mist, I seem to dip into that film at least once a week. I have concluded that I love Frank Darabont.

I'm cautiously optimistic; Kirkman is friends with the guy doing the TV show so I'd hope that there isn't too much lost in the series. They don't need to rake the story and change anything (not like what the sword of truth tv series did sad.gif )
empathy-with-beast
I hope Thor is possibly mentally ill like in the early bits of the Ultimates. As it is it just looks like they've gone for Thor having special educational needs.
Jessopjessopjessop

That project is currently languishing in development hell. Jason Bateman was signed on as "Daddy" but wanted to have the character 'explore his heterosexual side'.

I have concluded that I love Frank Darabont.

I didn't realise he was attached but see it as an encouraging sign (and not just because he's leaving alone his Stephen King obsession for a while). I don't the comic well, but something somewhere between the bleak ending of 'The Mist' and the downright hilarious anal rape scenes of 'Shawshank' and we'll have a winner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.