Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
maian
I can't wait to see that. I love Ratcatcher and Morvern Callar, so the chance of a new Lynne Ramsay film - especially one from such interesting source material - is a really exciting prospect.
Zoe
Have you read the book? It's a real punch in the mouth of a read.
Serafina_Pekkala
I haven't read it but I assumed Lionel Shriver was a man.
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 22 2011, 01:20 PM) *
Have you read the book? It's a real punch in the mouth of a read.

I haven't but I've been interested in checking it out for a while. Then I read something like "it's a real punch in the mouth of a read" and I become unsure.
Zoe
I should write blurbs for a living.

You have a choice, be surprised in the cinema or when reading a very good, but very emotionally tough, book. It will frustrate, appal and ultimately crush you. So that's fun!

*THUMBS!*
maian
But how many thumbs? I'm wary of any book that gets less than Homer Simpson's lowest grade of seven thumbs up.
maian
Trailer for I Saw The Devil, the latest from Kim Ji-Woon, of A Bittersweet Life, A Tale of Two Sisters and The Good, The Bad and The Weird fame. Based on the trailer and what I have heard about it from film festivals, it's meant to be pretty intense.
Sostie
Troll Hunter
Sostie
Considine and The Stath kick arse in Laahhhhnden Tahhn.Blitz
Llama
Sounds good to me.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 22 2011, 06:31 PM) *
Trailer for I Saw The Devil, the latest from Kim Ji-Woon, of A Bittersweet Life, A Tale of Two Sisters and The Good, The Bad and The Weird fame. Based on the trailer and what I have heard about it from film festivals, it's meant to be pretty intense.

It's by no means perfect and ultimately quite shallow, but it's a gripping and unusual thriller. Very bloody, very nasty, but with a weird darkly comic vein running through it. The audience I saw it with were screaming, yelping, gasping and laughing throughout.
maian
That audience reaction makes it sound like exactly my sort of film.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 22 2011, 07:29 PM) *
Considine and The Stath kick arse in Laahhhhnden Tahhn.Blitz

Not forgetting David Morrissey and Tommy Carcetti! Looks ridiculous but fun.
Raven
Potential Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel in the Pipe.

Do not want.
Rebus
More shenanigans going down in Laahhhhnden. Joe Cornish's Attack the Block.
maian
Looks like a lot of fun. Enough fun to justify taking Adam & Joe off the air for 15 months? We'll have to wait and see.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 4 2011, 12:08 AM) *

Looks funny. And I like Jodie Whittaker lots.
logger
QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 4 2011, 12:08 AM) *

Has potential but it looks a bit shitty.
logger
New Super 8 trailer I'm officially getting ready to be massively disappointed by this now, it's never going to live up to the trailer.
zeden
Looks to be little more than a Summer event movie, one designed to get people saying "have you seen this" based on the mystery factor of what the threat is.
Frankly, if it ain't the Incredible Hulk busting out of that train I don't care.
NiteFall
Teaser for Conan The Barbarian.
Starring the guy from Stargate Atlantis as Conan. Hmm.
maian
Darren Aronofsky leaves The Wolverine

Shame since his involvement was pretty much the only thing keeping me interested in it. Though someone on Twitter floated the idea that Alfonso Cuaron could step in since Gravity seems to have stalled again. I'd be happy with that if it meant that he finally got another movie made.
logger
Sucker Punch is getting some terrible reviews.
GundamGuy_UK
Full Captain America trailer
maian
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 24 2011, 11:08 PM) *

My lack of surprise is palpable.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 24 2011, 11:54 PM) *

I'm not much of a fan of the character, but that does look like a proper, no holds barred blockbuster. Thin CGI Chris Evans is weird, though.
Sostie
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 24 2011, 11:08 PM) *

Snyder films always seem to get some negative reaction. Personally I don't think the man has put a foot wrong, and certainly don't see it (or hope it isn't) being a turkey

This is probably the only "blockbuster" I'm actually excited about at the moment. Especially excited to see Dum Dum Dugan and Percy Pinkerton in there. Which leads me to being a little confused. JJ Field is listed as playing Union Jack (which would be great to see) but he is obviously Pinkerton in the trailer.
logger
I don't know where I am with Snyder. I really liked Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen, whereas 300 was one of my least favourite films of the last decade.
Ade
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 25 2011, 12:57 AM) *
I'm not much of a fan of the character, but that does look like a proper, no holds barred blockbuster. Thin CGI Chris Evans is weird, though.

I've never been interested in the character either, but it certainly does look damn good fun.
monkeyman

Looks awesome. Nice little reference to Tony Starks dad too. Skinny Chris Evans is damn weird looking
Zoe
I LOVE Chris Evans.

This looks great. The chest reveal is up there with Reynolds in Blade Trinity. Not that I measure films on the quality of the pecs/abs involved.
Sostie
Cockneys vs Zombies

Sadly not a Stath/Dyer/Winstone vehicle.
logger
Dear everyone, if you're making zombie a film, go fuck yourself. Same goes for vampires.
Ade
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 1 2011, 12:33 PM) *
Cockneys vs Zombies

Sadly not a Stath/Dyer/Winstone vehicle.

"I fackin' 'ate zombies."
GundamGuy_UK
New Green Lantern trailer

Looks really good.
Rebus
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Apr 4 2011, 10:34 AM) *
New Green Lantern trailer

Looks really good.

I don't recall Parallax looking like a turd cloud with an angry goat head..?
Serafina_Pekkala
It still makes me think of mouthwash.
maian
Trailer for "Anonymous"

Because, really, who better to direct a film about the theory that Shakespeare did not write his plays than Roland Emmerich?
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (maian @ Apr 7 2011, 10:00 PM) *
Trailer for "Anonymous"

Because, really, who better to direct a film about the theory that Shakespeare did not write his plays than Roland Emmerich?

"I'M ANONYMOUS!"
maian
Triler for Lars von Trier's "Melancholia"

You can rely on Lars to do something a little bit different with the disaster movie genre.
Sostie
I didn't know David Tennant was in the Roddie McDowell role in the Fright Night remake. Or that Marti Noxon had written it. I'm interested now.
Raven
Slightly amused by the news that Kevin Costner will be playing Jonathan Kent in the upcoming Superman film.

I wonder if he will die in this one? Let's hope so!
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Apr 8 2011, 10:34 PM) *
Triler for Lars von Trier's "Melancholia"

You can rely on Lars to do something a little bit different with the disaster movie genre.

Are you sure that's what it's about? The trailer comes across like an odd, pretentious perfume ad.

Melancholia. By von Trier.

Sostie
Planet Of The Apes prequel Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
Sostie
Trailer for the new extended Bestie Boys video Fight For Your Right Revisited. The most star studded music video ever?
Downsy
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 15 2011, 05:01 PM) *
Trailer for the new extended Bestie Boys video Fight For Your Right Revisited. The most star studded music video ever?

This

... is very exciting.

Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Downsy @ Apr 18 2011, 01:16 PM) *
very exciting.

Hell yes.
maian
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 15 2011, 05:01 PM) *

And now it's up online.
Serafina_Pekkala
Immense.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 11 2011, 06:58 PM) *
Are you sure that's what it's about? The trailer comes across like an odd, pretentious perfume ad.

Melancholia. By von Trier.

I just saw this. I never thought I'd see a LVT film inspired by Comet in Moominland with elements of Festen. Marie Antoinette marries Eric Northman from that Lady Gaga video. She fights with her sister, Jane Eyre who is married to Jack Bauer. She has dreams were she is in the Herbal Essences waterfall in a big frock. And another planet comes along and makes everyone crazy. Udo Kier as a wedding planner! It looks fucking hilarious. I think I will like it.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 26 2011, 01:19 PM) *
It looks fucking hilarious. I think I will like it.

I know better not to always judge films from their trailer, but that (trailer) is awful. Also I notice it does the old "mainstream" trailer audience baiting of promising possible film star boobs.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 26 2011, 01:31 PM) *
Also I notice it does the old "mainstream" trailer audience baiting of promising possible film star boobs.

I think you'll get boobs from Lars. He tends to like them. Maybe even a bit of cock thrown in too.
Ade
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 26 2011, 01:19 PM) *
And another planet comes along and makes everyone crazy.

As does another film about another planet Earth, called, well... Another Earth

I rather like the look of it. Although it just might be another perfume ad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.