Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Starscream`s Ghost
They already remade Ghostbusters, though.

Ghostbusters II is practically the same movie.

They're both good, but I can't see what a remake could add to what is basically a perfect movie.
Atara
The Ghostbusters game is meant to be the the third film though, but in video game form. Least that is what Dan Akroyd said.

I fear a new one, or worse a needless remake, would lose the charm and fun cheap 80s joy of the originals
maian
Apologies if this has been posted already, but the Tropic Thunder red band trailer looks pretty awesome.
logger
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 3 2008, 09:48 AM)
Apologies if this has been posted already, but the Tropic Thunder red band trailer looks pretty awesome.

I like the guy in the comments telling Downey he's just signed his own warrant.

In fact reading through the comments people have left on his profile he seems to be a professional troll making outrageous comments about anything and everything.
maian
Terry Gilliam returning to La Mancha

Here's hoping he actually manages to get it made this time.
ayeyerma
I saw a documentary about Gilliam trying to make that movie before, he had serious bad luck with that one.

I hope it works out this time.
Ade
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 4 2008, 01:11 PM)

Seconded!

QUOTE (ayeyerma @ Aug 4 2008, 01:14 PM)
I saw a documentary about Gilliam trying to make that movie before, he had serious bad luck with that one.
I hope it works out this time.

Lost In La Mancha is what you saw, I'll warrant? It is a great documentary in itself. Well worth checking out.
maian
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 4 2008, 01:18 PM)
Lost In La Mancha is what you saw, I'll warrant? It is a great documentary in itself. Well worth checking out.

And only 4 from Play.com at the moment.
ayeyerma
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 4 2008, 01:18 PM)
Lost In La Mancha is what you saw, I'll warrant?

Aye that'd be the one.
Ade
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 4 2008, 01:19 PM)

Ace. That's an absolute steal. I'd buy it if I didn't already own it.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 4 2008, 12:18 PM)

It is great and you truly appreciate how much trouble it takes to make a film. I really hope they make the original movie - even the costume test shots of Vanessa Paradis were amazing. And I hope they use at least a similar cast.
dandan
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 4 2008, 01:42 PM)
even the costume test shots of Vanessa Paradis were amazing.

she always looks lovely...
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 30 2008, 10:08 PM)
The briefest of teasers for Pixar's next effort, 'Up'

Really says nothing, but it's pretty tantalising.

Am I missing something, or was this really just bird noises?
Jimmay
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 4 2008, 02:18 PM)
Am I missing something, or was this really just bird noises?

It's a load of balloons attached to a house which floats up past the screen and an old man is sat on the porch and says "Mornin." It looks like a flash movie though so maybe it's something to do with your computer that means you can't see it.
Sostie
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 4 2008, 02:23 PM)
It's a load of balloons attached to a house which floats up past the screen and an old man is sat on the porch and says "Mornin."  It looks like a flash movie though so maybe it's something to do with your computer that means you can't see it.

Must be a flash problem. Here's me thinking people are becoming a bit too easily excited.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 4 2008, 02:25 PM)
Must be a flash problem.  Here's me thinking people are becoming a bit too easily excited.

Well to be honest there's not much there to get excited about really. Unless you're a big fan of floating old men making small talk.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 4 2008, 01:19 PM)

Ooh, tempting. I've been wanting that for ages.
widowspider
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 3 2008, 08:48 AM)

Fantastic.
Atara
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 4 2008, 01:11 PM)

Intersting, hope it works out well.

Christopher Lee is meant to be doing a Don Quixote film too.
maian
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 4 2008, 02:30 PM)
Well to be honest there's not much there to get excited about really.  Unless you're a big fan of floating old men making small talk.

To be fair, I'm most interested by it because it's the first footage of any kind that they've released from it. It's in keeping with Pixar's tradition of showing not particularly much of their next offering.
NiteFall
I'm guessing that's because they don't want to wake up one morning and find that Dreamworks next film is about the exact same thing that theirs is. Only half as good.
bump909
LAN Party Massacre

http://www.lanpartymassacre.com/lan_party_...cre_teaser.html

I, for one, cannot wait.
Raven
Gibson, Glover back for 'Lethal Weapon 5'

Must they?! Please, let it die . . .
Sostie
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 7 2008, 09:58 AM)

Must they?!  Please, let it die . . .

Oh I don't know. Considering the political/racial views both have expressed since the last film we could look forward to the baddie this time being an evil US Government sponsored Jew!
Rua

Must they?!  Please, let it die . . .

Wow. Now Riggs is only a few days from retirement & spends those remaining days with his former partners corpse trying to solve the mystery of the Jew Gold.

Weekend at Murtaghs....& the Jew Gold.
Hobbes
Tropic Thunder looks absolutely awesome. I love Robert Downey Jr.
Ade

Must they?! Please, let it die . . .

LW4 was shite. The above news is even shiter...

QUOTE (Rua @ Aug 7 2008, 10:24 AM)
Wow. Now Riggs is only a few days from retirement & spends those remaining days with his former partners corpse trying to solve the mystery of the Jew Gold.

Weekend at Murtaghs....& the Jew Gold.

...but I love this idea.
Ade
I.O.U.S.A.

Scary stuff.
mousespider
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

I remember reading about this a while ago, and wasn't that interested. However, this trailer makes it look like a nice fun time.
Kick in the Head
Billy Bob Thornton to play Freddy Krueger in Nightmare on Elm Street Remake - that's pretty impressive casting there!
maian
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Aug 13 2008, 08:52 AM)

Wow, that's pretty good. Certainly makes the remake seem like a better idea than it had previously.

Though, if I'm honest, I think the first one was crap, anyway. Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, though, is brilliant. The vein-puppet sequence still gives me chills just thinking about it.
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 13 2008, 10:52 AM)
Though, if I'm honest, I think the first one was crap, anyway. Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, though, is brilliant.

That's just silly talk.
maian
It's the best of the lot.
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 13 2008, 10:55 AM)
It's the best of the lot.

No, really. This is a wind-up.
maian
What, you're winding me up or I'm winding you up?
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 13 2008, 10:57 AM)
What, you're winding me up or I'm winding you up?

You winding me up.
maian
Nope. I think it's great, genuinely.
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 13 2008, 10:59 AM)
Nope. I think it's great, genuinely.

I'm not saying it isn't great (though it isn't. Good, not great). I just find it difficult to rate any of the sequels near the first.

Each to their own I suppose.
maian
Yeah, 'great' is probably pushing it, but it is still my favourite of the series. Though, as you pointed out, the rest of the sequels aren't all that good so there's not all that much competition.
ipse dixit
I frickin' love Dream Warriors. It's probably my favourite. But as with any horror/slasher sequel, it's got a different tone to the others. The first one is scarier as Freddie is 'new' and unknown. As sequels carry on, other characters come and go while he becomes the familiar constant. You end up almost on Freddie's side.

Except the bit where he chases her down the alley and his arms are about 6 feet long. That's fucking hilarious.
Zoe
I like 'New Nightmare', a terrifically po-mo precursor to 'Scream'.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Is 'Nightmare....3' the one where Freddie possess the telly hung from the roof of the hotel ward and then pulls the lass head first into the screen?

And the police think it's suicide?

Is it that one?
Hobbes
To be honest none of these compare to Jason X. The bestworst film of all time.
maian
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Aug 13 2008, 12:31 PM)
I frickin' love Dream Warriors. It's probably my favourite. But as with any horror/slasher sequel, it's got a different tone to the others. The first one is scarier as Freddie is 'new' and unknown. As sequels carry on, other characters come and go while he becomes the familiar constant. You end up almost on Freddie's side.

Except the bit where he chases her down the alley and his arms are about 6 feet long. That's fucking hilarious.

I'd agree with that. I also love the moment when he's chasing someone through a room full of metal pipes; nice and claustrophobic.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 13 2008, 12:52 PM)
I like 'New Nightmare', a terrifically po-mo precursor to 'Scream'.

I like the ideas in New Nightmare, just not the execution. I think the fact that I saw Scream first probably didn't help. It would have been interesting if they had done it as the third film in the series, though, since it wouldn't have been as weighed down as it eventually was; I think it's the lack of baggage is part of what made Scream so good.

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 13 2008, 03:26 PM)
Is 'Nightmare....3' the one where Freddie possess the telly hung from the roof of the hotel ward and then pulls the lass head first into the screen?

And the police think it's suicide?

Is it that one?

Yeah, it's the one where he says ''This is it, Jennifer: your big break in TV. Welcome to prime time, bitch!'' right beforehand.
ipse dixit
Again, fucking hilarious.
Rua
Freddie scared me when I was little.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Rua @ Aug 13 2008, 04:13 PM)
Freddie scared me when I was little.

Was it your hamster?
maian
I was afraid of him before I watched them. I just thought the idea of someone being able to kill you in your dreams was the most terrifying thing ever and refused to watch the Simpsons Hallowe'en episode based on the films because even Groundskeeper Willie as Freddie was something I found too scary. Once I actually watched them, though, I found him to be a really funny character, all things considered.
Rua
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 13 2008, 04:15 PM)
I was afraid of him before I watched them. I just thought the idea of someone being able to kill you in your dreams was the most terrifying thing ever

That was exactly it. Although in fairness I was a bit of a scaredy-ba & only eventually watched the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark behind my closed fingers clasped to my face, after quite a number of viewings. I didn't actually watch any of Freddie until by accident in my late teens it was on tele & of course, yes it is rather hilarious.
Mind you when I was a kid I was terrified of him. I wonder how much more restless my sleep would've been then if I also knew of his originally scripted intentions to bum me.
maian
QUOTE (Rua @ Aug 13 2008, 04:23 PM)
Although in fairness I was a bit of a scaredy-ba & only eventually watched the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark behind my closed fingers clasped to my face, after quite a number of viewings.

I was like that with Song of the South. Not on account of the horrific racism, just the end where a kid gets attacked by a bull. I watched that film loads as a kid but always had to leave the room when that bit happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.