Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Ade
QUOTE (Rua @ Nov 16 2008, 06:50 PM) *
Is Choke on release next week or what?

I can't find a cinema planning on showing it anywhere.

21st November allegedly, yeah.

I'm really looking forward to it, that's for sure, and it has received some very favourable reviews thus far.
Ade
I am really liking the look of this quirky Norwegian film: O'Horten
maian
QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 7 2008, 05:54 PM) *
Dreamworks' animated yarn Monsters Vs. Aliens looks jolly good fun, judging by the teaser trailer.

Coming to IMAX too. Might be worth a peep.

edit: roll call for vocal duties:

Seth Rogen
Will Arnett
Paul Rudd
Hugh Laurie (Dr Cockroach!)
Reese Witherspoon
Kiefer Sutherland
Rainn Wilson
Stephen Colbert (The President of the United States!)

Just saw this on the Kung Fu Panda DVD and I am impressed. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 17 2008, 10:17 AM) *
I'm really looking forward to it, that's for sure, and it has received some very favourable reviews thus far.

Justifiably so. One of my favorites this year, so far. happy.gif

Marc Forster to direct 'World War Z'

... and that's a giant 'meh' from me.
maian
Trailer for Coraline

I'm quite looking forwards to this. I really liked Neil Gaiman's book and I thought that Sellick's a very good animation director. I don't know if the story will be strong enough to make a film as good as Nightmare Before Christmas, but if it's as least as good as his under-rated version of James and The Giant Peach then I'll be more than satisfied.
dandan
QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 17 2008, 10:50 PM) *
I am really liking the look of this quirky Norwegian film: O'Horten

yeah, i held off buying the norwegian dvd (expensive!) when i saw that sony had picked this up. you can't beat a bit of bent hamer: 'a day in the sun' and 'kitchen stories' were superb, whilst 'factotum' was also pretty good...
Ade
QUOTE (dandan @ Nov 20 2008, 02:54 PM) *
yeah, i held off buying the norwegian dvd (expensive!) when i saw that sony had picked this up. you can't beat a bit of bent hamer: 'a day in the sun' and 'kitchen stories' were superb, whilst 'factotum' was also pretty good...

Cool, I bought an ex-rental copy of Factotum ages ago, still to be watched. Might give that a spin tonight.
maian
QUOTE (dandan @ Nov 20 2008, 02:54 PM) *
'kitchen stories'

Good thing you keep mentioning that film, Dan, as I keep meaning to watch it and end up forgetting what it's called.
dandan
you should both, totally, watch both of those films. and, missy zoe should watch the copy of 'a day in the sun', which i gave her an eternity ago...

some people...
angle
QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 15 2008, 03:42 PM) *
He's on board as producer. Del Toro directing has been news for a few months or more.

Sheesh, you look away for a few months and in sneaks Del Toro
Ade
QUOTE (angle @ Nov 20 2008, 06:09 PM) *
Sheesh, you look away for a few months and in sneaks Del Toro

Sneaks? Sneaks!?!
monkeyman
Punisher warzone: meet Jigsaw
Looking awesome. In an over the top silly sort of way.
PrincessKate
Paper Hearts
Looks/sounds interesting, although that article is
1) from digitalspy and
2) vague as vague can be.
Raven
Looks like another cancelled FOX show is set to get a movie reprieve: Arrested Development film 'close'.
Sostie
Bloody hell! Time Out gave Transporter 3 a 4/6 rating (and they refer to him as "The Stath"!). In your face 2/5 Empire.
logger
QUOTE (Sostie @ Dec 2 2008, 02:23 PM) *
Bloody hell! Time Out gave Transporter 3 a 4/6 rating (and they refer to him as "The Stath"!). In your face 2/5 Empire.

They rate things out of 6? They spell it porage, Tina Fey's boring, the world's gone mad I tell ya.
angle
See Ade? see? there goes Del Toro again, sneaking into things (sneakums) not that that's a bad thing given that he's a talented bastard
dolfyn
^ His attachment to The Hobbit was a fairly well-publicised "sneak"; but yeah, he does seem to be taking on quite a lot of projects. Makes me wonder how he'll find the time to actually do them all! huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
maian
Well, if the making of Corpse Bride is anything to go by, he could easily make a stop motion film whilst working on another project, so long as it's all storyboarded and everything.
thirtyhelens
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Klay might still happen - so says Stephen Daldry.

If they incorporated the comics in animated form, that would be fantastic. Maybe if the Coens' version of Yiddish Policeman's Union does well, it'll speed up the production.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (maian @ Dec 2 2008, 08:32 PM) *

Ooh, I like the sound of that!

I was actually kind of scared of the original film. laugh.gif
Ade
QUOTE (angle @ Dec 2 2008, 08:40 PM) *
See Ade? see? there goes Del Toro again, sneaking into things (sneakums)

Sorry. I clearly forgot to add the '[/Smeagol]'.

I have to keep reminding myself that people can't read my impersonations.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 4 2008, 12:11 PM) *
Sorry. I clearly forgot to add the '[/Smeagol]'.

I have to keep reminding myself that people can't read my impersonations.

I heard your impersonation as Gollum, in my head. happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif
Ade
I can't remember if I already posted a link to this or not, but I reckon Special looks like it could be a winner.
NiteFall
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Also, on an entirely unrelated note, has anyone else seen the new trailer for Terminator: Salvation that's doing the rounds over at YouTube? I would link to it, but Sony are shutting it down pretty quickly so there's no real point; just go there and search and you'll find it.
GundamGuy_UK
Jesus. All this time, all the images I saw, I thought was just some joke people were making.

I never liked the anime, so I have no doubt I'll hate this.

Looks fucking terrible
NiteFall
All I can think is "Shame on you Chow Yun Fat. You used to be awesome".
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 12 2008, 01:06 PM) *
All I can think is "Shame on you Chow Yun Fat. You used to be awesome".

I know, it's no Bulletproof Monk, is it?
Omniscia
Speaking generally of films that are coming soon to my area, I will ask rhetorically, why is it that all of the good/interesting films go to the cinema 13 miles from here, rather than the one just 1 mile from here?

I'd much rather go see Frost/Nixon than Marley & Me, for example.
Ade
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 12 2008, 12:59 PM) *
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Also, on an entirely unrelated note, has anyone else seen the new trailer for Terminator: Salvation that's doing the rounds over at YouTube? I would link to it, but Sony are shutting it down pretty quickly so there's no real point; just go there and search and you'll find it.

Why not visit www.apple.com/trailers for a proper quality version?
Starscream`s Ghost
I'm quite looking forward to James Marsters as Piccolo, actually, I don't mind Dragonball.

Although to do it real justice, the film's fight sequences would have to last a month long.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Dec 12 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I'm quite looking forward to James Marsters as Piccolo, actually, I don't mind Dragonball.

Although to do it real justice, the film's fight sequences would have to last a month long.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All little stones lifting off the ground around me. And so on.
Jessopjessopjessop
As Ade says, there are proper Terminator trailers available.

I'm reasonably interested in it, but can't see it as part of the real Terminator franchise (basically Terminator and T2) somehow. There are some very nice touches in the trailer, however - like the Terminator bikes and fuck off giant Terminator at the end - and Bale should bring some 'weight' to it at least, so we'll see...
logger
Looks okay.
maian
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer

Not sure if this is the same footage that appeared at Comic-Con, but seeing it on full screen and in decent quality is worth posting it for.

Also; Gambit, motherfuckers.
Seanzala
Terminator 3 was bad enough, why kill the first two even more. Still, Christian Bale could save it from being a total disaster.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (maian @ Dec 15 2008, 03:33 PM) *

Not sure if this is the same footage that appeared at Comic-Con, but seeing it on full screen and in decent quality is worth posting it for.

Some of it's the same, some of it's different. I'm not crazy about the last line as I have a feeling it's one of those that just sounds crap out of the context of the scene (at least I hope so wink.gif ), but otherwise, yes please. Except the Gambit bit, which I'm not sold on. Reynolds as Deadpool, absofuckin'lutely.
NiteFall
I just hope they leave Deadpool as being completely batshit insane crazy.
melzilla
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Dec 16 2008, 12:12 AM) *
Reynolds as Deadpool, absofuckin'lutely.

Ooooh yes!
widowspider
QUOTE (maian @ Dec 16 2008, 12:33 AM) *

Huhhhhhhhhh.
monkeyman
I thought that everything he charged could only explode? He seems to have charged his Bo staff with energy and then released it when he hit the ground with it. Has been a while since I read a gambit comic though. Also he looks too tall, and Sabretooth looks too short.
[/Lame Nitpicking]

Am I also behind the times in just having recently found out the the script for the upcoming Dambusters film that Peter Jackson is directing was (apparantly) written by Stephen Fry?
maian
A tad behind the times, but there's been so little movement on that particular project that I'd actually forgotten it until you mentioned it.

I got a free ticket to a showing of Steven Soderbergh's Che (both parts, with interval) at work today. I am quite pleased, though disappointed that the billed 'appearance' by Soderbergh is a taped interview and not, as I was told, an actual physical appearance.
thirtyhelens
Bummer, Ed. I would have begged you to grill him mercilessly on what exactly in the bloomin' hell he's thinking with this Cleopatra musical he's working on. Don't get me wrong, the idea of Guided By Voices writing a musical is in and of itself exciting, but... it still sounds like it could be a train wreck. :/
logger
My Bloody Valentine 3D

Not sure about the film but the tag line's pretty good.
maian
State of Play trailer

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I love the BBC TV series, which I think was one of the finest drama series produced by the Beeb in the past ten years and which featured John Simm and David Morrissey on top form as well as a superb supporting cast and really great scripts (one of the many reasons I hate Shameless is the fact that Paul Abbott went and did that rather than a second series of State of Play). Furthermore, Affleck and Crowe don't get me as excited as the earlier casting of Brad Pitt and Edward Norton did since they seemed more suited to the roles than Affleck and Crowe do. However, the trailer does look good and if it's all a bunch of rubbish I can just go and watch the series.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (maian @ Dec 25 2008, 04:39 PM) *
Furthermore, Affleck and Crowe don't get me as excited as the earlier casting of Brad Pitt and Edward Norton did since they seemed more suited to the roles than Affleck and Crowe do.

This is probably my biggest beef, although in that original arrangement I also felt as though they had the roles wrong; it was Pitt as Cal and Norton as Collins, which seemed a little bit back-assward to me, although they might have proven me wrong playing against type. Crowe seems like he might be OK, but I'm not really buying Affleck at all.

There are actually two trailers floating out there, we saw a different cut before Gran Torino yesterday which featured a lot more of Jason Bateman as Dominic Foy (and they really seemed to have reigned that character in.)
monkeyman
Terminator Salvation Total Film preview (magazine scans). Some minor spoilers but a very very interesting read.

http://ewris.livejournal.com/101681.html
Atara
Hmm.

I really hope it is at least a 15.
Rebus
That article has made me slightly less anxious about McG being at the helm, however, the repeated mentions of him putting aside his ego worry me as it suggests he has a massive ego, and people with big egos go for style over substance. Bale's inclusion is still the only encouraging aspect, especially since he was initially very skeptical, so there must have been something to draw him in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.