Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming Soon!
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Zoe
QUOTE (dandan @ May 27 2009, 03:38 PM) *
this is the first i've heard of this. seems like burton's really pushing the envelope and expanding his artistic horizons...

funny
Sostie
Danny Dyer vs Zombie Babes (with the help of Noel Clarke, Stephen Graham and Lee Ingleby).
Ade
Looks like fun.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 27 2009, 06:17 PM) *
Danny Dyer vs Zombie Babes (with the help of Noel Clarke, Stephen Graham and Lee Ingleby).

I remember seeing that somewhere aaaages ago. I'd forgotten all about it.
melzilla
this is the first i've heard of this. seems like burton's really pushing the envelope and expanding his artistic horizons...

Hee.

QUOTE (Sostie @ May 27 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Just looked at the cast for Time Burton's Alice In Wonderland. Looking very interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/fullcredits#cast

That's really quite a line-up, however.
widowspider
QUOTE (logger @ May 27 2009, 04:47 PM) *
I think you'd be good.

I know I'd be good.
Rua
QUOTE (widowspider @ May 28 2009, 06:46 PM) *
I know I'd be good.

smile.gif
logger
QUOTE (widowspider @ May 28 2009, 06:46 PM) *
I know I'd be good.

You have the ego to be a filmstar anyway. tongue.gif
whitey
I'd be the world's second best Ghostbuster ever. I'm just going to have to write my own aren't I?
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (whitey @ May 28 2009, 07:05 PM) *
I'm just going to have to write my own aren't I?

Don't pretend you haven't already.
whitey
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ May 28 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Don't pretend you haven't already.

I have. It's called We Fight Monsters and follows a small independent monster fighting business comprised of two blokes (one who is indestructible and has super strength but is shit at fighting and the other who knows a bit about science and magic but not nearly enough about either) as they struggle to keep their enterprise afloat in the face of corporate opposition from an evil monster fighting conglomerate. And they have a cool car that they drive around in. It will have a Sesame Street level budget. And some romance for the girls.
widowspider
QUOTE (logger @ May 28 2009, 06:56 PM) *
You have the ego to be a filmstar anyway. tongue.gif

Hey, someone has to promote me, and no one else has volunteered so far.
Hobbes

He needs to stop casting his best mate and his wife in every movie he makes. It's bordering on psychotic. And if Sweeney Todd was anything to go by, this will be utter shit as well. If I hadn't seen Chronicles of Riddick in the cinema, Todd would be the worst movie I've watched in a picturehouse.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (whitey @ May 28 2009, 07:12 PM) *
I have. It's called We Fight Monsters and follows a small independent monster fighting business comprised of two blokes (one who is indestructible and has super strength but is shit at fighting and the other who knows a bit about science and magic but not nearly enough about either) as they struggle to keep their enterprise afloat in the face of corporate opposition from an evil monster fighting conglomerate. And they have a cool car that they drive around in. It will have a Sesame Street level budget. And some romance for the girls.

I think I want to see that more than a third Ghostbusters film, provided it has either a stereotype or a monster in it that cracks wise. I don't mind which.
whitey
One of the giant muppet monsters will have it's giant muppet cock out. The whole thing is horrifically crude. Would that sway it?
mousespider
QUOTE (whitey @ May 28 2009, 11:00 PM) *
One of the giant muppet monsters will have it's giant muppet cock out. The whole thing is horrifically crude. Would that sway it?

You've certainly swayed me sir. I've said for years there needs to be more muppet cock in film. How much money do I need to give to become an investor on this project?
whitey
At the moment? All of it.
logger
QUOTE (whitey @ May 29 2009, 03:00 AM) *
giant muppet cock

You should send a script to Troma.
angle
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 27 2009, 06:17 PM) *

Surprisingly good cast for a Jake west film, hope he's used them well...after the bag of shite that was Evil Aliens.
good to see it's finally being released, i remember seeing the original website a while back when he was still trying to raise funding, it had some really good concept art of the monsters and erm, not much else.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (whitey @ May 29 2009, 03:00 AM) *
One of the giant muppet monsters will have its giant muppet cock out. The whole thing is horrifically crude. Would that sway it?

If it's like Meet The Feebles but with real people then I'm in.

As for Doghouse, this is the blurb from p70 of the Britfilms catalogue (I'm on p181 - woo):

Seven men with mid-life anxiety set out for a weekend in the country in an attempt to reconnect with their masculinity. What they find is a catastrophe so horrible and bizarre that a mid-life crisis turns out to be exactly what they need to survive it.

I thought it sounded a bit rubbish, then I saw the trailer. Now I think it's a lot rubbish.

Then again, I didn't like Severance, Hush or Lesbian Vampire Killers...
whitey
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ May 29 2009, 10:25 PM) *
If it's like Meet The Feebles but with real people then I'm in.

No it'll be actually good.
Baz
Has this already been mentioned?

Alien remake
maian
Teaser for Toy Story 3

Unsurprisingly, I'm very excited about it.

The teaser, though somewhat unhelpful with regards to any plot details (as is the way with all Pixar teasers) does raise an issue that I've been wondering about. The presence of Slinky Dog in the teaser suggests that he's going to be in the film, which makes me wonder whether or not they're going to have someone else voice the character or if they are going to use some of Jim Varney's old dialogue in different ways, a la Livia Soprano. There's the other possibility that he's not in it and they'll use a couple of lines of dialogue to explain his absence, but a Toy Story film without Slink doesn't feel right to me.
Atara
Man, over a year to wait. I'd think someone else'd do the voice. I hope so.

I'm excited
Omniscia
QUOTE (Baz @ May 30 2009, 07:28 AM) *

Alien remake

This had better be a frakking hoax.
Atara
I hope so, too. I don't see the point at all, even moreso than other remakes.

'Predators' is actually happening though, I am unsure if it is a remake or a new film, though
Jon 79
QUOTE (Atara @ May 31 2009, 09:08 AM) *
I hope so, too. I don't see the point at all, even moreso than other remakes.

'Predators' is actually happening though, I am unsure if it is a remake or a new film, though

Empire seem to be keeping an open mind about it.
maian
QUOTE (Baz @ May 30 2009, 12:28 PM) *

Alien remake

QUOTE (Omniscia @ May 31 2009, 06:39 AM) *
This had better be a frakking hoax.

It's been confirmed by Tony Scott (who's producing the film) that the film will be a prequel, and will focus on the downing of the alien ship that we see in Alien.
angle
QUOTE (maian @ Jun 1 2009, 10:03 PM) *
It's been confirmed by Tony Scott (who's producing the film) that the film will be a prequel, and will focus on the downing of the alien ship that we see in Alien.

That could be pretty interesting, glad they're not just re-making the original
Kick in the Head
[REC]ognise! It's the [REC]2 site, complete with embedded teaser trailer. Looks like they're going the right way about this, back into the original building with more chaos than before. Feels a little like the first-person sequence in Doom, but hopefully it won't lose the character and charm of the first one by focusing on SWAT-style grunts (i.e. boring).
logger
Manuela Velasco is still in it but I didn't see her in the trailer.
Atara
So they are remaking/re-booting Conan, Red Sonja, Highlander and Clash of the Titans too

Le sigh
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 4 2009, 04:00 PM) *
So they are remaking/re-booting Conan, Red Sonja, Highlander and Clash of the Titans too

Le sigh

They can't remake Highlander.

Actually Clash of Titans cast looks pretty awesome.

Fiennes and Neeson cornering the good and evil market again. Ipse told me to look out for Sam Worthington. She may be right. Andromeda is played by the electric chick from Angel and not the drippy girl from Black Beauty. An improvement.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
It would be nice if they could remake Highlander to be less shit. I don't think that's possible though.

Clash of the Titans looks great though.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jun 4 2009, 05:35 PM) *
It would be nice if they could remake Highlander to be less shit. I don't think that's possible though.

Yes - it has dated badly. And you can see the wires but it still has a certain charm.

I could play the new Heather McLeod.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jun 4 2009, 04:59 PM) *
They can't remake Highlander.

Actually Clash of Titans cast looks pretty awesome.

Fiennes and Neeson cornering the good and evil market again. Ipse told me to look out for Sam Worthington. She may be right. Andromeda is played by the electric chick from Angel and not the drippy girl from Black Beauty. An improvement.

Tamer Hassan ... God of War

This I like

I can't help thinking it won't be as good without the Harryhausen magic. CGI mythic beast may well look too slick.
Atara
I still adore Highlander.
Ade
I remembered it being excellent back when I first saw it in 1987. I should've left it that way - I cringed at how god-awfully bad it is now. The concept is stilll cool, the execution frankly pants.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 4 2009, 10:14 PM) *
I remembered it being excellent back when I first saw it in 1987. I should've left it that way - I cringed at how god-awfully bad it is now. The concept is stilll cool, the execution frankly pants.

Maybe the remake might be better if they changed his name from Conor MacLeod to Frankly Pants?
maian
I remember really liking the cartoon series when I was young but I can't stand any of the Highlander films, though the first is the least unbearable of them. A remake could work, I just don't know if there's much in the original concept that could warrant a remake that would be substantially better. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, though.
Ade
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jun 4 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Maybe the remake might be better if they changed his name from Conor MacLeod to Frankly Pants?

Conor MacLeod should remain so named.

However, I really hope that somewhere, someone writes up a character named Frankly Pants for something. Not for Highlander, but for something.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jun 4 2009, 04:59 PM) *

Fireman James has seen Medusa's Lair - that's not a euphemism - and says it looks kick-ass.
Ade
I'm really starting to look forward to the Clash Of The Titans remake.
angle
Chan-wook Park’s Vampire Film ‘Thirst’ Gets U.S. Release Date

Korean director Chan-wook Park’s latest film entitled Thirst has finally been given a U.S. release date by Focus Features, the studio which owns the U.S. distribution rights. The vampire horror-drama will open on July 31st, 2009, starting off its U.S. screenings in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York, before moving onto a wider release.
Baz
'The Final Destination' trailer.

Looks promising, although some of the CGI looks a bit ropey.
Rua
Liam Neeson to make a plan come together?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Rua @ Jun 9 2009, 02:28 PM) *
Liam Neeson to make a plan come together?

Tony and Ridley Scott are producing the film, which will stick to the TV show's premise of four war veterans wrongly convicted of armed robbery who escape from a military prison to become do-gooder mercenaries.

Are these two putting their name to everything getting made at the moment?
logger
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 9 2009, 02:39 PM) *
Are these two putting their name to everything getting made at the moment?

Certainly every piece of crap.
whitey
I've sent this to Ridley Scott. I expect a text from him containing nothing but the word "Greenlight!" any second now.

Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (whitey @ Jun 10 2009, 06:06 AM) *
I've sent this to Ridley Scott. I expect a text from him containing nothing but the word "Greenlight!" any second now.

QUOTE (sir ridley scott)
Deah Whitee,

Why-aye, ahm Ridlee Scott like. Cheeaz for yeh script. It's grate like. Me and me brootha Tawnee is ganne mack it intee a git big filum. Me favarit bit is the soopa sports caw. I did Blayde Runna, ya naw. Haway the lads, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.