Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Brother 9
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sostie
Well i'ts only a few hours away. Not heard any rumours about who is going in (other than a blind man!).

I'm only going to watch the launch show just to see if Indie is still sweeping the nation.
Shack
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 5 2008, 06:48 PM)
Well i'ts only a few hours away.  Not heard any rumours about who is going in (other than a blind man!).

I'm only going to watch the launch show just to see if Indie is still sweeping the nation.

I'm with you Sost.

But I only watch the launch show to say the phrase "what a cunt" over and over again, or perhaps see if I know any of them.

Fingers crossed they take it back to basics.
Sostie
I say I'm only watching the launch show. I promise myself that every year. And nearly every year I watch it on a more than regular basis.
Zoe
We're big fans of Sly-alike Mario.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 6 2008, 01:14 AM)
We're big fans of Sly-alike Mario.

Him and his (real) other half - the Catherine O'Hara lookalike - actually seem OK.

Mario does seem to be a bit deaf though. Which, if it's just him and the blind guy left at the end, will result in hilarious consequences!
Zoe
I think she looks like Arabella Weir-meets-Chyna; but I do love the pair of them.

The challenge appears quite cruel since they seem like such lovely people, but Mario is dealing with it gallantly.

He's also been doing all the correct and helpful things with Mikey, putting his arm out for Mikey to hold, describing routes round the house etc. No one else is being quite so disability aware. I just generally think he's been lovely. Especially when Steph told him her age (after they knew they'd have to be playing a couple) and he said "you're young enough to be my daughter". Bless him.

All the above affection might just be because he reminds me so much of Rocky!
Starscream`s Ghost
I'm astounded you know who Chyna is. (In a good way, that's kinda cool)
Zoe
Who doesn't like the slams and drams of WWF?
Sostie
I think it's a combination of him looking like loveable dumbass Rocky and loveable dumbass Joey.

I also quite like the straight-edge student in the suit (Luke?) and Rachel is totally gorgeous.

The Thai dwarf seems OK, but so was Lisa a few years back, for about an hour.

The Daily Mail will implode because there is a single mum who is a vegetarian, dislikes immigrants and is pro-life. Do they back her or not?

And it's good to see that once again that BB's choice of gay man in no way enforces any stereotypes.

Oh, and Davina is still shit. If anything, worse.
Zoe
I agree with pretty much everything you say. Other than that Mario looks less like a cross between Sly and Joey, than a cross between Sly and that guy Joey hired to be his twin that time.

I love the racist stereotype thai cookie genie and the Rob Schneider-playing a gay-dancer; but I suspect they'll be very annoying, very fast.

The nursery nurse who can't speak (terrifying when you think of the imprintable age of kids she's looking after) looks less like Vicky Pollard and more like the big gay dancer in drag. I'm not convinced they're not played by the same dreadful comedian, possibly with his own BBC Three sketch show.
weputthemdown583
My flat mate works with Mo in Hamleys, he says he's a really cool, fun guy.
Downsy
There's quite a few students in there, anyone know what they do about exams?
Chapman Baxter
Won't they have finished their exams by now? Mine were normally in May.

It's early days yet, but I have a good feeling about this lot. None of them seemed really dreadful.

The crowd seemed particularly harsh this year. I was uncomfortable seeing the two black girls get such a booing. That's the legacy of Charley I suspect: what I took to be confidence and assertiveness, the crowd saw as stroppy selfishness.
Sostie
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Jun 6 2008, 09:40 AM)
The crowd seemed particularly harsh this year. I was uncomfortable seeing the two black girls get such a booing. That's the legacy of Charley I suspect: what I took to be confidence and assertiveness, the crowd saw as stroppy selfishness.

Well they did get on screen (which the live audience do see) and give it the "I look good and am better than anyone else" attitude/speach. As did Mario's fake girlfriend and the dickhead PE teacher - who also got a booing. If I was there I would have.
Withnail
Darnell is Ted Danson on crack.

Mario just said to the blind guy last night:

"These spotlights do your eyes in"

ohmy.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
Who's going to sort out the subheading then?

As is tradition, I watched them enter the house but shan't be watching again. Does seem that most of the ladies are quite fit though.
Shack
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 6 2008, 09:47 AM)
As is tradition, I watched them enter the house but shan't be watching again. Does seem that most of the ladies are quite fit though.

That's my bag. I'll probably dip in at some point next week to see what's happening.

A lot of people blurred into one but there were a few I liked.

Mario - wide face and Zoe is right. "Damn it Karl!!!" Seems nice though.

Michael - lots of people seemed baffled by how close he was to them and how he wasn't looking directly at them when talking. I think a few people might just bitch about him being blind. Blindism? Seems like a lovely bloke though.

Luke - Reminded me of a Northern James Harries. I liked him.

I don't think I really liked any of the girls. That will probably change once one of them whips out a big jumper.
dandan
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop)
As is tradition, I watched them enter the house but shan't be watching again.

likewise, although i missed it...
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 6 2008, 01:35 AM)
The challenge appears quite cruel since they seem like such lovely people, but Mario is dealing with it gallantly.

He's also been doing all the correct and helpful things with Mikey, putting his arm out for Mikey to hold, describing routes round the house etc. No one else is being quite so disability aware. I just generally think he's been lovely.

I've just seen Mario walking Mikey around. What a nice bloke. Mario to win.
Zoe
And he's doing it properly, by letting Mikey hold onto his arm and not dragging him around (as one of the other housemates did last night).

He also unpacked his suitcase with him.

D'awww.

I love Mario. I wish Stephanie would stop making that yucky face everytime he goes near her, he's only doing his job. I hope Chyna kicks her ass.

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 6 2008, 10:47 AM)

Funny you should say that, I did originally think Jennifer looked a bit like Ellie, but I then moved to Jennifer Love Hewitt, before settling on Lacey Chabert (that's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets). It did make me laugh when Davina said to the crowd "doesn't she look like Cheryl Cole?!" To be greeted by total silence.

Obviously Ellie is much fitter than all of the above.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 6 2008, 09:28 PM)
And he's doing it properly, by letting Mikey hold onto his arm and not dragging him around (as one of the other housemates did last night).

He also unpacked his suitcase with him.

D'awww.

I love Mario. I wish Stephanie would stop making that yucky face everytime he goes near her, he's only doing his job. I hope Chyna kicks her ass.

I think the winner this year may well be one of the first 3 in. Considering Luke's job as a part-time wrestling announcer perhaps he, Rocky and Chyna can put a show on for us.
Zoe
Since Grace Dent pointed out that Luke is a cross between Mark E. Smith and Mr. Bean (with the voice of Frank Sidebottom) I like him ten times more.
Sostie
This year's housemates.

This is Alex. She has a BMW. Yes, really. A BMW!

A Cock!

Played the "baddie" in Minority Report

Gay Gary Numan

Her head is leaning toward the right. How apt.

"The plane boss. The plane."

Chyna Tribbiani

"I-ah, am a Luke-ah. From Timperley-ah"

Rocky Tribbiani

Razzle Reader's Wives winning entry, July 1984

Mo Mo, Mo Mo Mo Mo, Mo Mo Mo Mo, Mo Mo there's no limit!

Future Mrs Sostie

Yeah, but no, but yeah!

"OK yah! I was in Lock Stock yah! And League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

Britney Tribbiani

And Sylvia. But her pic won't load. She's nothing special anyway. But don't tell her that.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 6 2008, 10:11 PM)

A Cock!

Looks like BB5 winner Anthony Hutton.

But Hutton had more charm. That's how bad Dale is.

Gay Gary Numan

23? Fuck off. He's 40 and a day, surely.

Chyna Tribbiani

40? Fuck off. She's 25 if a day, surely.

"I-ah, am a Luke-ah.  From Timperley-ah"

If Justin Timberlake's DNA was corrupted by Wayne Rooney's, this is what you'd get.

And Big Brother's Little Brother without Dermot is just pointless viewing on last night's evidence.

The young guy who opened the first couple of Big Mouths, though, was very good.
Baz
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 6 2008, 09:11 PM)

Played the "baddie" in Minority Report

Not forgetting the Da Vinci Code.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 6 2008, 08:28 PM)
I did originally think Jennifer looked a bit like Ellie, but I then moved to Jennifer Love Hewitt, before settling on Lacey Chabert (that's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets). It did make me laugh when Davina said to the crowd "doesn't she look like Cheryl Cole?!" To be greeted by total silence.

Eh?

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 6 2008, 09:11 PM)

Er....I'm going with 'none of the above'.
Zoe
Honestly from certain angles she looks exactly like Gretchen Wieners.

That picture doesn't really look like her. You can see it a bit more in this one.

Not totally though, maybe you have to see her in motion!
angle
Did anyone catch Mario's surname ? he looks a lot like a guy called deano i went to college with years ago, and the northern accents about right too, hmmm... you know when you just get one of those feelings like...sure i recognise him...apart from the obvious comparisons to joey tribbiani lol.
Damn i said i wasnt gonna get drawn into big brother this year!!!
Wife Of Rolex
Luke in the Diary Room last night:

(after telling them Rebecca wanted masking tape)

BB: "If Rebecca wants masking tape she will have to ask for it herself."

Luke: "Quite right. I'm not a go-between...I'll pass that on."

laugh.gif

I like him.
tigerlily

Gay Gary Numan

Dennis is the dance teacher of one of my S2 pupils. So I was informed by every single S2 pupil that entered my classroom that day.
empathy-with-beast

Gay Gary Numan

I read Gay Gary Oldman for some reason.

Ade
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jun 9 2008, 10:38 PM)
I read Gay Gary Oldman for some reason.

Heehee.

Somehow, methinks a Gay Gary Oldman would actually involve less histrionics.
empathy-with-beast
And he'd have a little elephant monster and a flamethrower-ice-net-homing bullet gun.
maian
I haven't watched any of it. Probably won't until the racism starts.
Ade
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jun 9 2008, 10:46 PM)
And he'd have a little elephant monster and a flamethrower-ice-net-homing bullet gun.

I would so be watching Big Brother if that happened.
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (angle @ Jun 7 2008, 05:38 PM)
Did anyone catch Mario's surname ?  he looks a lot like a guy called deano i went to college with years ago, and the northern accents about right too, hmmm... you know when you just get one of those feelings like...sure i recognise him...apart from the obvious comparisons to joey tribbiani lol.
Damn i said i wasnt gonna get drawn into big brother this year!!!

Mario's real name is Shaun, apparently.

And Dancer Dennis looks like someone from Royston Vasey with his local nose.
Wife Of Rolex
I laughed far too much over the caption given to Dom Joly on Big Mouth last night...

DOM JOLY
Two-handed Beadle

laugh.gif

I'm such a bad person.
Sostie
QUOTE (BIG BROTHER SITE)
Alex is removed from Big Brother for repeated unacceptable behaviour...

Contestant Alexandra De-Gale has been removed from the Big Brother House for repeatedly breaking the programme's rules on conduct by behaving in an unacceptable and sometimes intimidating manner towards fellow housemates.

Alex was in discussion with Darnell in the living room shortly after 10.15pm yesterday evening (17th June), with a number of other housemates in proximity.

Discussing her nomination for this week's eviction, Alex was heard to make apparently intimidatory comments about her intentions on leaving the House. Shortly afterwards, Dennis, Rebecca and Rex discussed her comments in the garden and were clear that they found her behaviour to be threatening, a view that Rex repeated subsequently during a Diary Room discussion with Big Brother.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (MediaGuardian)
According to Channel 4's transcript, while discussing the fact that she had been nominated, Alexandra told Darnell: "I'm not throwing water at anyone. It's bigger than that ... personal offence is never forgotten. Do you know what I mean?

"We are just inside the house. I've got a very, very, very, very, very strong team outside the house".

She added: "I just can't wait to see my mans and them and see what their plans are, who they got ... I'm not talking about those mans, I'm talking about my gangster friends. They got some instructions to follow out."

She added later: "I get to go out, see everyone's friends, I get to see their family. I get to do the shit that I wanna do. Pow, pow, pow."
Sostie
What the fuck?

Still, veiled threats of violence toward housemates and their families is nowhere nearly as bad as wearing women's clothing.
Zoe
Is that the transcript, or the lyrics to an M.I.A. song?
Drifter
According to the Mirror, she (Alex) was a lap dancer before becoming an 'accounts executive'.
Baz
Transcript is here.
Shack
QUOTE (Baz @ Jun 19 2008, 10:53 AM)
Transcript is here.

I'd like to say something negative about how mental she is, but I don't want the "pow, pow, pow" to get me.
gulfcoast_highwayman
And not just the 'pow!'

Wife Of Rolex
I'm glad Alex was actually chucked out rather than voted out as she won't get airtime on an eviction interview, Big Mouth or BBLB. She possibly would've enjoyed such attention and the platform to vent her aggressively warped outlook on things. It would've fed her delusion further.

This way she can properly reflect on her time in the house and see/read the public reaction to her away from any kind of spotlight focused on her. As an evicted housemate she would've had an element of protection (she could blame the public for her departure) but as a thrown out housemate she only has herself and her actions to blame.

I wouldn't be surprised if her words with Darnell result in some kind of police action. It was, after all, a death threat by proxy.
Wife Of Rolex
3 things.

New housemate...pretty.

Sylvia...taken over Alex's mantle almost seamlessly.

Dennis...reckons he makes better viewing than certain other housemates but the oiky little twat hasn't entertained me once since he went in.

This year's BB has been just as addictive to watch as previous years but this one leaves a nasty taste in the mouth afterwards.

Shit, that's 4 things.
Drifter
Sylvia - the new bunny boiler? Jesus, she's full on isnt she?

Stuart - another pretty face

Lisa - BORING

Luke - Hilarious

Kat - Ah, she is sweet.

Dennis - a shit stirrer of epic proportions

Mario - rather stuffy for his age, needs to lighten up

Dale - be interesting to see how he copes now that he isnt the only 'pretty boy' in the house

Jen - Im not sure about this one yet

Becca - Since chipgate she has been pretty much boring
PrincessKate
When is Zezi Ifore getting shafted from BBLB?
I read her 60s interview in the Metro and she comes off as a thoroughly nasty stuck-up piece of toss (and this is before we considered she's rubbish at her job).
It's not nice for people to be threatening her with death and so on and so forth, but she really is pathetic and rubbish.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 26 2008, 07:43 PM)
When is Zezi Ifore getting shafted from BBLB?
I read her 60s interview in the Metro and she comes off as a thoroughly nasty stuck-up piece of toss (and this is before we considered she's rubbish at her job).
It's not nice for people to be threatening her with death and so on and so forth, but she really is pathetic and rubbish.

She really isn't very good. And completely gave herself away to the housemates when the nominations were about to announced on Tuesday (though how Mohamed who she was is quite intriguing).

George Lamb isn't that much better either, ladies and gentlemen.

They've had both Iain Lee and Emma Griffiths on as guests, both of whom are presenters and noted BB fans, yet the BBLB bosses didn't see fit to choose either/both of them to present the show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.