Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
monkeyman
Took some shots of my favourite area in MGS4. The best cold wether effect I've seen in a game. Some of you might recognise the area wink.gif (or read the file names).

Probably not that interesting to most, but I got a kick out of revisiting Shadow Moses in all it's Hi Def glory. theres also an awesome bit before the Chapter starts where Snake is daydreaming and you get to play MGS1 for a minute or 2, the bit at the Helipad, with the searchlights where you first infiltrate the building, I am so ready to see MGS1 on my PSP.
weputthemdown583
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 6 2008, 05:29 PM)
Took some shots of my favourite area in MGS4.

I got goosebumps when that song kicked in, it brought back so many memories smile.gif
monkeyman
Definetely, it was such a perfectly constructed moment.

The songs that kick in with each change in the fight with Liquid were brilliant as well
logger
I hate all PS3 owners.
tongue.gif
Bloomeeney
Got me Guitar Hero 3 at the weekend. Tesco had it in brand new for 44 squid!!!!!!!

Only on easy level at the moment - tried it on medium but with my stupid fingers got nowhere (fat handed twat!!!!).

Even wifey loves it and she usually hates all things video game!
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jul 6 2008, 02:08 PM)
Gears of War online, i love that game.

I say us Spaced-Outers have a Gears Of War session. I can Pwn you all with my mad shotgun skills tongue.gif. Or just run in and get decimated within the first 20 seconds as per usual lol.

I'm Rot For Me for all you Spaced Out noobs.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jul 5 2008, 06:47 PM)
I thought The Darkness was all right, but nothing special, which was disappointing because it seemed to have the potential to be very good. The controls were a bit nasty with it being overly reliant on animations, the weird darkness realm levels were utterly terrible, and it just generally didn't feel well balanced.

But but, HD! and SHiny-ness. IT WAS GOOD DAMN YOU ALL!!! *ahem* Anyway, hopefully the sequel will've ironed out any...kinks. I do admit the Trenches were a little bit dull/bland and overall unnecessary. I likes the way you "fought" The Darkness though, it had a few little touches up its sleeve like that.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jul 9 2008, 08:07 PM)
But but, HD! and SHiny-ness.

After all, everyone knows that the better the graphics, the better the game... tongue.gif

Been playing Super Smash Bros. Melee over the weekend/early week. I bought it last year though I've never really been a fan. After all the ads for Brawl I decided I really ought to unlock all the characters.

Done so yesterday, and now I'm quite enjoying it and playing through to get more trophies. I've got 150-something of 290 total.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I just got Unreal Tournament 3 on 360, which is bloody good, despite the annoying lack of mouse and keyboard. I've had it on PC for ages but my PC simply isn't good enough to run it acceptably well.
monkeyman
UT3 is insane. I don't play it anymore on the PS3 which is a shame, saying that I don't play much, I just watch Chris, like a good girl and compliment him on always winning every round of anything he plays.

Edit: This is Hayleigh ...damn Chris not logging off
logger
What's the buzz on Star Wars: TFU? It looks pretty and I hope it's as good as KOTOR.
Jubei
Star Wars: The Fuckest Uppest looks (looks) awesome. I'e read some previews that had a couple of reservations, but I'm really looking forward to it. Finally another Star Wars game/character that might have a backstory to match Kyle Katarn.

And I was looking at UT3 on 360 the other day, but decided against it (I'm looking forward to some Ace Combat at some point... wink.gif ). I thought the guy on the front looked a LOT like Marcus Pheonix from GoW. EPIC do like they're massive armoured Space Marine types don't they?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Jubei @ Jul 11 2008, 03:14 PM)
And I was looking at UT3 on 360 the other day, but decided against it (I'm looking forward to some Ace Combat at some point... wink.gif ).  I thought the guy on the front looked a LOT like Marcus Pheonix from GoW.  EPIC do like they're massive armoured Space Marine types don't they?

The visual look may be similar but the gameplay is totally different.
GundamGuy_UK
*sigh*

Altered Beast: shit when I was 7, far far worse now.

Why do people insist on saying it's a good game, when it ranks among the worst I've ever played? It was the only game I ever got on my Mega Drive that I didn't like, and my first gaming disappointment.

WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE
weputthemdown583
Ahhh pandemonium smile.gif
One of my favourite games on the PSX. The soundtrack/effects were so good. I even bought an N-Gage to get this on it....I really think it should get an update on the next gen consoles. I don't think there was anything else like it in, what was it called, 2.5D? I think i'm going to hunt it and the sequel down on ebay and also the original crash bandicoot smile.gif
weputthemdown583
Thought I might make a list of my top ten favourite PSX games.

1) Resident Evil 2
2) Metal Gear Solid
3) Pandemonium
4) Tomb Raider 2
5) Parappa the Rapper
6) Bishi Bashi Special
7) Ridge Racer Revolution
8) Final Fantasy VII
9) Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
10) The Unholy War
sweetbutinsane
I just bought Oblivion and The Simpsons Game today. So far on Oblivion, I've escaped from prison, eaten lots of rat meat and accidentally stolen a horse. I'm quite enjoying it.
Omniscia
QUOTE (weputthemdown583 @ Jul 12 2008, 12:45 PM)

1) Resident Evil 2
2) Metal Gear Solid
3) Pandemonium
4) Tomb Raider 2
5) Parappa the Rapper
6) Bishi Bashi Special
8) Final Fantasy VII
10) The Unholy War

Okay, then... In no particular order:

- Chrono Cross
- Bushido Blade
- Resident Evil 2
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Lunar: Silver Star Story
- X-COM: UFO Defense (a.k.a. UFO: Enemy Unknown)
- Civilization II
- Crusader: No Remorse
- Descent

The last four are kind of cheating, because I played them on the PC, but they do exist as PSX titles.

I never really got into MGS, and FF7 never really caught on, either, except in parts.
GundamGuy_UK
Come to think of it, most of the PSX games I owned were shit. Stuff like The Lost World and This Is Football. In fact, a top list for me would just be all the FF's and Metal Gear Solid. Resident Evil 3 was the only one I had on PSX, the rest I have as GameCube ports.

Reason probably being that I only used my PS1 for Metal Gear and FF, and my Mega Drive was for everything else. I only started buying lots of games when I got my GameCube, until then I just made do with my 16-bit classics.

Been playing Pokemon Diamond all day, raising an Absol and Chansey from eggs up to being valid members of my team. Only 20-odd levels to go...
frostitute
QUOTE (weputthemdown583 @ Jul 12 2008, 11:45 AM)

1) Resident Evil 2
2) Metal Gear Solid
3) Pandemonium
4) Tomb Raider 2
5) Parappa the Rapper
6) Bishi Bashi Special
8) Final Fantasy VII
10) The Unholy War

Guardian's Crusade
Swagman
ONE
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy IX
King's Field
King's Field II
Shadow Tower
Grandia
Alundra
UnderSpaced
Getting near the final tier (on expert) on Guitar Hero 3. All I have to do is complete 3's & 7's. cool.gif Before I Forget is a crazy song. It took me almost an entire day to get through that song. wacko.gif
logger
Earlier today an unmarked white van parked in front of my house and a man in a UPS uniform got out and came to my house. He asked for my xbox which I still hadn't packed up so I asked him to wait for five minutes whilst I boxed it up. I then gave him the box without any labels on it, he said he had the returns label then gave me a receipt.

Is this normal or some elaborate plot to steal my broken xbox?

Also, how long should I expect to wait and did people on here have any problems during or after the RROD fixing period?
Bloomeeney
Anyone know where i can get a second guitar (cheapish!) for GH3 on 360? Also is the controller backwards compatable if I got the earlier games?
Llama
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 14 2008, 01:36 PM)

Also, how long should I expect to wait and did people on here have any problems during or after the RROD fixing period?

That sounds about right to me, except when I sent mine off they emailed me the labels to print off instead.

I haven't had RROD, but when mine busted it took them 9 days from taking it away to getting it back to me.
logger
That does make me a little nervous. I also have an email saying they will send me a label. The UPS guy did say he had the label though and I have a receipt so I'll just complain to everyone if it gets cocked up.
sweetbutinsane
The whole RROD thing is scaring me now. I'd never even heard of it until yesterday, then I read logger's post and a friend happened to mention it on MSN.

It hasn't stopped me from spending pretty much two whole days on my 360 though... laugh.gif
GundamGuy_UK
Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for XBox 360.

Unlucky, Sony...
frostitute
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Xbox 360 :bow :bow :bow wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 14 2008, 01:36 PM)
Earlier today an unmarked white van parked in front of my house and a man in a UPS uniform got out and came to my house. He asked for my xbox which I still hadn't packed up so I asked him to wait for five minutes whilst I boxed it up. I then gave him the box without any labels on it, he said he had the returns label then gave me a receipt.

Probably just over a week before you get it back. It's probably normal, when I did mine they just brought me an empty box and the return label was inside, all I did was stick my xbox in it and hand it back to the guy that brought it. I think UPS are pretty well aware of the returns procedure. If you have a receipt you can track it on www.ups.com anyway (there'll be a tracking number on your receipt) so you can see exactly where it's been taken to. It'll probably be either somewhere in Hampshire or Frankfurt in Germany.
logger
Just checked UPS and it's currently in transit to Frankfurt.
DOD-MDK
well after minutes of deliberation I now have a PS3. If any of you are in the PS network. my player ID is DOD-MDK.
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 14 2008, 08:10 PM)
Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for XBox 360.

Unlucky, Sony...

Thats lovely stuff for 360 owners and a blow to Sony.

I think though, having read a fair bit from Microsofts conference that seems to be the only Highlight. gears of War 2, Fable 2 and FF13 going to 360 seems to be about all that was good. The rest was pretty poor. The avatars look rubbish.
sweetbutinsane
The ending of The Simpsons Game was very disappointing.

Oh well, onto Oblivion!
Atara
Versus 13 still exclusive at the moment though, is it? Still, thats bad for Sony in the US and Europe.

It amuses me that the 360 version won't be released in Japan, they really hate that console over there don't they.

I'll be buying it on my PS3, FF13 that is. Final Fantasy and Playstation go hand in hand for me.
frostitute
Sony conference was embarassing laugh.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
I didn't think ours was particularly wonderful either though. Nice of Don to barely even mention us too.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 15 2008, 05:49 PM)
gears of War 2, Fable 2 and FF13 going to 360 seems to be about all that was good.

3 more highlights than Sony. And 360 has Portal 2.

EDIT: Just started watching the full 90-minute Sony conference.

Haha, no applause for him when he gets on stage... and is he living in some alternate reality? He keeps talking about how 2008 is the year of the PlayStation and all the great things and games it's been getting, and I don't recall any of this.
Atara
Resistance 2 is going to be so damn awesome, as is Little Big planet
weputthemdown583
I hate fanboys...biggrin.gif
GundamGuy_UK
The new Animal Crossing for Wii looks good.
frostitute
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 15 2008, 11:49 AM)
gears of War 2, Fable 2 and FF13 going to 360 seems to be about all that was good. The rest was pretty poor.

* Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

You also missed their other console - Xbox Live Arcade

* Geo Wars 2 - sequel to one of the greatest game of recent times
* Galaga Legions - upgrade to one of the legendary classics, from the same people who did the amazing PacMan CE
* Portal XBLA (not my thing, Portal is shit)
* Banjo Kazooie (the original N64 game) XBLA
* South Park XBLA (granted there is no details)
* Uno Rush
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jul 16 2008, 09:51 PM)
Portal is shit

It's the shit
Nonus Aequilibrium
* Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

That's what I'm playing right now.
weputthemdown583
Portal is shit

Portal is grrrreeeat
UnderSpaced
Cliffs of Dover is starting to aggravate me a little. I can get about 30% through the song, but the notes are too spaced out and my brain and fingers cannot comprehend that fast. wacko.gif
Raining Blood is a little easier. I'm not having trouble with the mosh part, but the part after always gets me.

It's weird. I can pass the hard parts, but the easy parts always get me.
zeden
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jul 16 2008, 08:51 PM)
* Portal XBLA (not my thing, Portal is shit)

You are insane.

That is all.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I think "Infinite Undiscovery" has to be possibly the worst game title ever. What the hell is it supposed to say about the game? That you never stop losing things?
Atara
It is just because they are big fun words to hear a Japanese man say?
GundamGuy_UK
Damn it, Sony! 2 videos are not what I expect for my weekly PSN update.

No wait, that's exactly what I expect. Just not what I want.

Bastards.

EDIT: Oh, and Sonic Unleashed looks awesome. Enough for me to buy a 360 for.
frostitute
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jul 17 2008, 11:51 AM)
I think "Infinite Undiscovery" has to be possibly the worst game title ever. What the hell is it supposed to say about the game? That you never stop losing things?

It means "developed by Tri-Ace, get your boners ready" wub.gif
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jul 16 2008, 09:07 PM)
That's what I'm playing right now.

Ive never played a Banjo Kazooie game. Are they good?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.