Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
rebelstar
I finally got round to playing Devil May Cry 4 this week. It was pretty bloody good...
logger
I'm kind of impressed and a little bit disappointed to find out who the Patriots really are.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (logger @ Nov 1 2008, 03:14 PM) *
I'm kind of impressed and a little bit disappointed to find out who the Patriots really are.

Shhhh! Refer to them as La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo to avoid spoilers.
logger
Sorry.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 31 2008, 08:35 PM) *
Yep, he also pukes depending on the amount you drunk.

Yeah, the main character used to be sick on the original Fable too. I'd get annoyed that I'd spent all that money on beer to enjoy the blurry screen, only for him to be sick and the blurriness to go away. So inconsiderate of him.
GundamGuy_UK
I'm downloading the Mirror's Edge demo, it looks interesting but it's the kind of game that's made or broken by how it controls.

We all know how interesting and beautiful it is, but I want to see how it actually plays. At over a gigabyte, it's a large file for a demo...
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Nov 2 2008, 04:00 AM) *
I'm downloading the Mirror's Edge demo, it looks interesting but it's the kind of game that's made or broken by how it controls.

We all know how interesting and beautiful it is, but I want to see how it actually plays. At over a gigabyte, it's a large file for a demo...

I thought it played superbly, and it truly is wonderful in motion.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Nov 2 2008, 04:00 AM) *

Nearly all demos are that big these days.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Nov 2 2008, 11:52 AM) *
I thought it played superbly, and it truly is wonderful in motion.

Agreed, it was brilliant in capturing the motion of running/jumping etc. I don't think it'd be a game I'd buy though, it seems to hold your hand a bit too much by basically marking where you need to go in red, I don't see the point in having a freerunning game where you are for the most part constricted to one route through a level.

I was reading an article where they said they might try and introduce some of the elements of Mirrors Edge into their next Battlefield game, that'd be something I'd play. Climbing drainpipes to get to a nice vantage point to snipe people...count me in.

Also: Fallout 3 is fantastic. It is so damn fun and interesting to play, the HUD is nicely implemented and the design of it and the Pipboy is just brilliant. The skills and especially the perks are great as well. The "Bloody Mess" perk is awesome, there is nothing funnier than shooting someone in the face and seeing all their limbs blow off laugh.gif
GundamGuy_UK
I think I might get it. I had the same feeling playing it that I did with Portal. When the music kicked in when you drop through the air vent and there's the police there it was just so cool...

Also, I don't think the red bits are there all the time, they weren't in the video after the demo.

EDIT: Looking online, the red "Runner Vision" hints decrease until they show only the goal. Or you can turn them off completely. And even when they are there, they just show a route, not the best route.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 2 2008, 08:21 AM) *
Nearly all demos are that big these days.

But when you've only got the 20 GB hard drive, it really takes a bite out of your free space.
Omniscia
QUOTE (logger @ Nov 1 2008, 10:14 AM) *

That's how all of us here in New England felt when Tom Brady was injured.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Nov 2 2008, 04:03 PM) *
But when you've only got the 20 GB hard drive, it really takes a bite out of your free space.

Yeah but only for about a day while you actually play it. Demos don't last that long then I just delete them.
Atara
Enjoying Fable 2 a bit more now although I don't think I have long left.
zeden
Loving Fallout as much as I expected too. I've plumped for a physically weak marksman type character and it's been very challenging so far. Ammo and health supplies run short all the time and I'm really having to think twice about running into even the easiest of fights for fear of drawing the attention of nearby super mutant when I'm under equiped. I'm sticking to the morally upright path so I'm having to give up so many rewards and make all my money from trading so that really compounds how hard I'm finding it to keep myself going. I've spent so much time just aimlessly wandering and died a decent amount too, I tend to feel lost a lot and run into seriously dangerous situations by mistake which is taxing but great fun.
Minor gripes are that the V.A.T.S. system is a bit hit and miss in terms of effectiveness. Using a combat shotgun at close range with a small arms skill of 60+ often results in some rubbish damage regardless of high hit percentages, where as manually aiming will cripple or destroy whatever you're aiming at almost every time, rendering the VATS a little redundant if you're sharp enough yourself. Veryminor winges, certainly nothing that truely taints how much I'm enjoying it.
I was a little irritated to find that I've already missed a bobblehead doll right at the start of the game, there's one on a desk just before you take the G.O.A.T. exam. No way of going back and it's related to an achievement to boot. I suppose I've always got my real life bobblehead, having picked up the special lunchbox edition of the game.
Time to go spend the night playing some more me thinks.
monkeyman
You really run out of ammo? What guns do you carry and what do you do with all the ammo you pick up? It has 0 weight so I tend not to sell any of it, I havent run low on ammo once for any of my main guns since I've played.
I like VATS a lot, aiming in 1st person is easy enough, but theres something wholly satisfying about pausing time and taking aim, I particularly enjoy shooting grenades in peoples hands as they are about to throw them, such a nice satisfying explosion.

I spotted that first bobblehead you missed by fluke, I went back to the room to see if there was anything there and I found it, I've still only found 3 of them.

I am amazed at how much there is on the map, I've barely done anything mission wise but I've been playing and walking around for ages. I'm off to rivet town for one of the Survival guide misions (I've really enjoyed them).

I've started upping my big gun skills, I was a bit jealous of the super mutants rocket launchers, so I have that up to about 40 now and my small guns at 80. I also have the bloody mess perk which is awesome, and a few others like finesse and commando which makes you hit for more criticals and makes your aiming more accurate in VATS, which is awesome with a sniper rifle.
I'm hoping some of the other towns are a bit more...colourful. The game does have a legitamate excuse for being pretty monotone in terms of colour but it'd be nice to see if one of the towns has used a G.E.C.K or something, some green or just something not grey or brown would be nice.
maian
Why has someone cast Albert Wesker as James Bond in the Quantum of Solace game?
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 3 2008, 01:03 AM) *
Why has someone cast Albert Wesker as James Bond in the Quantum of Solace game?

So they'll never suspect when it turns out it's all his fault.

Does anyone own Sega Superstars Tennis on 360? It's so hard to get a game online, and it's such a fun title. It's only £10 now, too.
zeden
Nope, not I.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 2 2008, 11:17 PM) *
You really run out of ammo? What guns do you carry and what do you do with all the ammo you pick up? It has 0 weight so I tend not to sell any of it, I havent run low on ammo once for any of my main guns since I've played.

I carry one of pretty much everything I find, or at least the most powerful variant in each type. I'm not suffering as much now after a few more hours of play because each time I run low on one thing I move onto the next gun and use that till it's out. Plus I got Commando on my last level so VATS is starting to prove more useful, helping me conserve ammo. Loving the grenade in the hand shooting too, it was one of those "I wonder I this works?" moments for me. I suppose I've not invested as many stats into my weapons as you by the sounds of things, I've been working on lockpick and science so I can see and do as much as possible.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 2 2008, 11:17 PM) *
I spotted that first bobblehead you missed by fluke, I went back to the room to see if there was anything there and I found it, I've still only found 3 of them.

I've got two now, one from Megaton and another from Rivet. An extra point of strength from Luca Simms house in Megaton and a point of intelegence from the lab in Rivet. Which ones have you found? I wonder if the achievement is accross all saves or if it has to be on one play through.

I am amazed at how much there is on the map, I've barely done anything mission wise but I've been playing and walking around for ages. I'm off to rivet town for one of the Survival guide misions (I've really enjoyed them).

I can't figure out where to go to get the full history on the place so give me a shout if you do. The map marker is no help because I've got a 100 strength lock blocking my path. Also, going there can skip some story missions, which has again made a couple of the achievements unobtainable for me this play through.
Omniscia
My lunchbox still hasn't arrived. It shipped earlier today (Sunday), though, from a location just over 200 miles from here, so hopefully it will be on my doorstep tomorrow or Tuesday.
monkeyman
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 3 2008, 04:09 AM) *
I carry one of pretty much everything I find, or at least the most powerful variant in each type. I'm not suffering as much now after a few more hours of play because each time I run low on one thing I move onto the next gun and use that till it's out. Plus I got Commando on my last level so VATS is starting to prove more useful, helping me conserve ammo. Loving the grenade in the hand shooting too, it was one of those "I wonder I this works?" moments for me. I suppose I've not invested as many stats into my weapons as you by the sounds of things, I've been working on lockpick and science so I can see and do as much as possible.

I've got two now, one from Megaton and another from Rivet. An extra point of strength from Luca Simms house in Megaton and a point of intelegence from the lab in Rivet. Which ones have you found? I wonder if the achievement is accross all saves or if it has to be on one play through.

I can't figure out where to go to get the full history on the place so give me a shout if you do. The map marker is no help because I've got a 100 strength lock blocking my path. Also, going there can skip some story missions, which has again made a couple of the achievements unobtainable for me this play through.

I tend to have the Hunting Rifle and combat shotgun as my main weapons, i use the pistol for roaches and little enemies like that, and the Repellent stick for mole rats (exploding heads never gets old) . I have the sniper rifle and Scoped magnum for backup, and Frag grenades, Frag mines, Missile launcher and Minigun for groups/super mutants. The minigun is fun but I think I'll get rid of it, it burns ammo as you'd expect and I can get better results at the moment from other weapons.
Have you created weapons from schematics yet? I made the Rock-It-Launcher last night, it is quite amusing as to load it you have to press reload and it gives you a big list of what you can put in it; basically all the junk shit you pick up can go in it (I believe everything with the junk symbol basically), it is quite fun to fire tin cans,teddy bears and bottles at people laugh.gif

I have only two bobble heads, the one from vault 101 and the same as you from Megaton.

I havent gotten to rivet town yet, I said to myself "Oh I want to explore this area first" it's to the North of geargetown and it had been marked on my map but I don't know why (I forget what the are is called) so I've been spending a lot of time dicking about up there, I discovered a Hospital and a hotel I cleared out as well as Vault tec Headquarters which was so damn awesome. I got in there and there were mutants and robots fighting each other and I got to see what happens when someone gets fried with an energy weapon (a lovely glowing pile of ash), anyway I thought to myself "I wodner if you can find the locations of some vaults from here and you could. I now know where every one in the game is (as far as the mainframe was concerned anyway), so I'll be hitting as many of them up as I can before going to rivet town.

I have my lockpicking to about 65 I think, and Science to 50, it's a bit of a bitch that you need such a high level in each one to get into some doors/computers, but I guess it makes having the skill actually worthwhile, wheras in Oblivion for instance, as long as you were patient enough you could get into any locked door from Level 1. I have a jumpsuit from Vault 101 which boosts my lockpicking by 5. I also have the perk that gives me 3 additional skill points to assign whenever I level which is so damn good. I'm hoping to get at least Small Guns, Big Guns, Science and Lockpicking maxed out. I really was going to give the big guns a miss but they are so damn fun.

Whats I do find really cool is just how many locations and places they've managed to cram in without it feeling too crowded. I was wonderign if it was going to be a bit desolate but theres always something to discover and explore, I've spent more time travelling and looking around locations I've discovered then actually doing quests.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I think my Fallout 3 should arrive today, muchly looking forward to it. I've also just picked up my Fable 2, so plenty of stuff to be going at for a while.
Bloomeeney
OK. I can only really afford either Fable 2 or Fallout 3 at the moment. Which, in your honest opinion, is the best one to go for? unsure.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
Although I've played neither yet, my money's on Fallout 3 as the most popular choice.
NiteFall
Fucking Mirelurks. You'd think "Ooh! There's a protected and hard to reach face bit there. If I pump some shotgun shells into that the fucker'll stop hitting me with it's giant shiny claws of death!" but no, you shoot it in the face and all it seems to do is make the bastard thing angrier than it was.
monkeyman
Yeah those things are so damn heavily armoured, i get the feeling they arent going to be the toughest creature in the game either.

I've taken to using spare grenades or mines on them for the nice explosions and easy killing.
logger
Picked up a platinum edition Drake's Fortune today for £18. Just in time as I'm pretty much at the end of MGS (surely it must be near the end as Snake's just been microwaved).
monkeyman
yeah you're near the end. That moment was one of my favourite moments in gaming.
logger
I nearly cried.
logger
Finished it. Nearly cried again.
sweetbutinsane
Finally completed the mission that was bugging me so much on Oblivion. Turns out that fighting the enemies can sometimes make things a lot easier than trying to sprint past them.

I think I'm nearing the end of the main quest now.
GundamGuy_UK
So I'm thinking of getting an old 2D fighter from XBox Live Arcade.

The question is: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, or Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting?

Street Fighter II costs more, but is it a better game? Is it better online (ie do people actually play it)? Etc etc.
zeden
Wait a little longer and Street Fighter 2 HD will be an option too.

QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ Nov 3 2008, 10:41 AM) *
OK. I can only really afford either Fable 2 or Fallout 3 at the moment. Which, in your honest opinion, is the best one to go for? unsure.gif

Fable 2 if you want something very plot light but bright, colourful, cheerful and instant. Fallout if you're looking for a decent plot, are up for a some exploring and would rather see brains and body parts exploding.

Found my way to the Mall area last night, good to see all the big monuments in their ruined glory. Also found my first super mutant behemoth too, though thanks to the layout of the area I was out of his reach and disposed of him after unloading almost everything I had into him.
GundamGuy_UK
Just finished Ace Combat 6. By far and away the worst plot of all the ones I've played (4, 5, Zero, X, 6). The size of the missions was their only strong-point, there's not as much variety as in other games (all you need to do to get an S-rank is just destroy all the regular targets as well as the red TGT's, as opposed to in other games ranks based on time, allied losses etc).

5 is still the best game overall, and you can get that online for £7 or so. I paid £45 for it and it was worth every penny. It's huge and has a colossal number of planes, that you need to use every single one of and level up to unlock others.

Don't get me wrong, Ace Combat 6 is great fun. It's just that it has no story beyond a bunch of strangers shouting "dance with the angels" (which appears to mean whatever the Hell you want it to mean), and none of the characters apart from the shot-down enemy commander are interesting in the slightest. 5 actually has a decent story to it, and a whole bunch of great characters and you actually look forward to the cutscenes after a mission.

Roll on Ace Combat 7, that's all I can say. 6 reminded me a lot of 4, actually. So will 7 be the next 5?
monkeyman
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 3 2008, 09:13 PM) *
Wait a little longer and Street Fighter 2 HD will be an option too.

Fable 2 if you want something very plot light but bright, colourful, cheerful and instant. Fallout if you're looking for a decent plot, are up for a some exploring and would rather see brains and body parts exploding.

Found my way to the Mall area last night, good to see all the big monuments in their ruined glory. Also found my first super mutant behemoth too, though thanks to the layout of the area I was out of his reach and disposed of him after unloading almost everything I had into him.

Heh, the first one I came across I was basically handed a Fat man Nuke launcher so it wa sa piece of piss to kill.
NiteFall
Red Alert 3 is fuuuun.
Omniscia
Woo, Fallout 3 arrived today! Time to play!
NiteFall
Mirelurk KING?!?!? Oh well, it's dead now. Just got Dogmeat the Dog and killed by a Deathclaw. Now I know it's a [/i]proper[/i] Fallout game. laugh.gif
zeden
^Sweet! laugh.gif

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 4 2008, 12:00 AM) *
Heh, the first one I came across I was basically handed a Fat man Nuke launcher so it was a piece of piss to kill.

Still not got my hands on one of those bad boys thanks to my habit of giving all my cash to the poor and refusing payment for the sake of karma, though going by the way you've phrased that you found yours somewhere?

Really loving the whole experience of the game, though it's been the bane of my sleep pattern over the last few days. The urge to do one more bit, to search one more location is huge and I'm finding myself still playing an hour or even two after planning to finish.
Before I went to bed this morning (I work nights, just in case that sticks out as odd to anyone) I'd been playing for about six hours, two of which were extra thanks to my being tempted by the Reileys Rangers mission. Even at the end of my epic crawl through the mission I had to pull myself away from following up what I'd just done with a visit to a local camp, the draw of "I wonder what might be there..." almost gripping me again.
Omniscia
Stupid game keeps freezing on me... Maybe I need a reboot.
zeden
Harsh stuff, computers sure are a pain in the arse sometimes.

I almost forgot to mention, I think I found my first unique items whilst scavenging the Mall; Honest Abes coin collection, an action figure of the guy and best of all his Repeater, a rifle that fires .44 Magnum ammo. And by god does it devastate anything I point it at. happy.gif

Also, minor gripe number three, there aren't enough songs on the radio. I've listened to it all at least six times already and have ended up resorting to putting Penn Jillettes old podcasts on in the background for some distraction from the bleakness of the wastes.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Nov 3 2008, 08:36 PM) *
So I'm thinking of getting an old 2D fighter from XBox Live Arcade.

The question is: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, or Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting?

Street Fighter II costs more, but is it a better game? Is it better online (ie do people actually play it)? Etc etc.

I've got both of them, but personally I can't stand either any more. I used to love both games back in the megadrive days. Unfortunately the dpad on the Xbox pad is rubbish so it's hard to pull off any of the moves. Oh, and I think they've made the difficulty level more like the arcade machine than the megadrive/snes versions, meaning it's ridiculously hard. On SF2 I got as far as Ryu before it just became throw-the-pad-across-the-room hard.
monkeyman
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 4 2008, 02:41 AM) *
Mirelurk KING?!?!? Oh well, it's dead now. Just got Dogmeat the Dog and killed by a Deathclaw. Now I know it's a [/i]proper[/i] Fallout game. laugh.gif

Oh man, I told Dogmeat to go wait at vault 101, I don't trust him not to die and I'd feel really bad if he did.

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 4 2008, 03:57 AM) *
^

Still not got my hands on one of those bad boys thanks to my habit of giving all my cash to the poor and refusing payment for the sake of karma, though going by the way you've phrased that you found yours somewhere?

Yeah, I went exploring and without realising it ended up at the GNR radio station building (which is on the main quest line though I am avoiding that for now) there were some brotherhood guys there saying they were going to take the GNR building back from the Super mutants and I could come along if I kept my head down. We had a mass fight with 6 or 7 Super mutants and then it went calm and then the behemoth smashed through a wall and then I got a mission update to pick up the fat boy off one of the dead Brotherhood people, had like 8 rounds as well, anyway Unleashed that badboy and it was very nice and satisfying to watch.

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 4 2008, 05:14 AM) *
I almost forgot to mention, I think I found my first unique items whilst scavenging the Mall; Honest Abes coin collection, an action figure of the guy and best of all his Repeater, a rifle that fires .44 Magnum ammo. And by god does it devastate anything I point it at. happy.gif

Also, minor gripe number three, there aren't enough songs on the radio. I've listened to it all at least six times already and have ended up resorting to putting Penn Jillettes old podcasts on in the background for some distraction from the bleakness of the wastes.
Where is that mall? Is that the one near the History museum?
Agreed with the lack of music on the radio, it's ashame as itís a good idea, but just a bit poorly pulled off. Three dog repeats himself a lot as well, I was impressed when he came on the radio and told everyone about my actions in Arefu, and then was less impressed 15 minutes later when he said the same thing.
mcraigclark
I bought Little Big Planet two days ago. I'm embarrassed by how much I like it so far.
NiteFall
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 4 2008, 10:43 AM) *
Agreed with the lack of music on the radio, it's ashame as itís a good idea, but just a bit poorly pulled off. Three dog repeats himself a lot as well, I was impressed when he came on the radio and told everyone about my actions in Arefu, and then was less impressed 15 minutes later when he said the same thing.

As you do more of the main quest line it unlocks more dialogue for Three Dog. Just so you know.
monkeyman
I assumed it would; just thought it sucked a bit to hear him repeat the exact same line again.
Atara
I am being haunted by soem drunken scottish bloke in Fable 2. His same taunts keep popping up in random locations where there isn't even anyone else around.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 4 2008, 09:32 AM) *
I've got both of them, but personally I can't stand either any more. I used to love both games back in the megadrive days. Unfortunately the dpad on the Xbox pad is rubbish so it's hard to pull off any of the moves. Oh, and I think they've made the difficulty level more like the arcade machine than the megadrive/snes versions, meaning it's ridiculously hard. On SF2 I got as far as Ryu before it just became throw-the-pad-across-the-room hard.

I probably won't get either, then. There are few things more frustrating than an arcade fighter...

I did get Psychonauts last night, and I didn't go to bed until this morning. Brilliant game, everything I heard about it being a must-play was right - get it if you have a spare 1,200G and 5.3GB on your hard drive.
logger
Drake's Fortune is enjoyable enough. It reminds me a bit of Ico but with a better control system. Still not sure what all the hype was for, though. It's decent enough but it's nothing ground breaking. I'd still recommend it though.
monkeyman
Zeden, if your still stuck on that Rivet town quest for Moira, you are trying to go through the wrong door, you need to go through the door on the oppossite side of that 100 difficulty one, then intot he next area, there is a rigged computer terminal and on the wall oppossite that is a switch to open the door where the guy you need to talk to is standing. Theres 2 skill books and a Bottle cap mine in there too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.