Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
fatseff1234
I'm coming up to 18 hours of Fallout 3 play at the moment. It's gooooood. Haven't recieved Dogmeat or found any bobbleheads but meh, shooting super mutants in the face with my stolen plasma rifle is fun. I really need to decide upon which weapons to keep as standard because at the moment I'm just picking up everything and saying to myself "Ooo, that looks nice, I'll keep that." and then becoming too over-encumbered to get anywhere. Well done Bethesda, the annoyances remain.

I've only done five or six quests, "Those" was the last of which I completed. Gig giant ants and underground subway systems, fun! My problem with the game is I never really feel prepared enough to go adventuring, as a result I never find anything thus creating a massive catch-22 of me not getting anywhere.

Still, it's a fun way of not getting anywhere.

MonkeyMan: Where abouts is that Vault-tec headquaters exactly? tongue.gif.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 4 2008, 11:23 PM) *
Zeden, if your still stuck on that Rivet town quest for Moira, you are trying to go through the wrong door, you need to go through the door on the oppossite side of that 100 difficulty one, then intot he next area, there is a rigged computer terminal and on the wall oppossite that is a switch to open the door where the guy you need to talk to is standing. Theres 2 skill books and a Bottle cap mine in there too.

I could have sworn that I checked all the way around that thing thoroughly. Oh well, I skipped it in the end seeing as I'd already done a half arse job on an earlier task (didn't bother crippling myself). I wonder what the big prize is if you do it all properly, with all the optional quests etc.

And The Mall an area in the bottom left quarter of the map, near the Lincoln Memorial btw.

Already got my weekend planned now, or at least a good chunk of it. Gears of War 2 co-op at my mates place. Looking forward to more of the same on a bigger scale than last time.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 5 2008, 01:23 AM) *
Well done Bethesda, the annoyances remain.

Why is it any worse than any other inventory system that limits how much you're allowed to carry? If anything, it's better, because you can pick stuff up temporarily and use it on the spot even if you don't have room to carry it around all the time.
monkeyman
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 5 2008, 01:23 AM) *
I'm coming up to 18 hours of Fallout 3 play at the moment. It's gooooood. Haven't recieved Dogmeat or found any bobbleheads but meh, shooting super mutants in the face with my stolen plasma rifle is fun. I really need to decide upon which weapons to keep as standard because at the moment I'm just picking up everything and saying to myself "Ooo, that looks nice, I'll keep that." and then becoming too over-encumbered to get anywhere. Well done Bethesda, the annoyances remain.

I've only done five or six quests, "Those" was the last of which I completed. Gig giant ants and underground subway systems, fun! My problem with the game is I never really feel prepared enough to go adventuring, as a result I never find anything thus creating a massive catch-22 of me not getting anywhere.

Still, it's a fun way of not getting anywhere.

MonkeyMan: Where abouts is that Vault-tec headquaters exactly? tongue.gif.

It's to the East of the GNR building if I recall, I'll double check when I get in tonight.
I have so much ammo but I refuse to sell it, even if I don't have the guns for it, I have thousand of 5mm rounds but don't use the minigun.....I now carry Lincolns Repeater which absolutely rapes everything, Missile launcher for super mutants, Fat man for same and Behemoths, Combat shotgun for close quarters and then grenades and mines for extra funtimes. I use the hunting rifle for Roaches and other vermin as well.

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 5 2008, 08:08 AM) *
I could have sworn that I checked all the way around that thing thoroughly. Oh well, I skipped it in the end seeing as I'd already done a half arse job on an earlier task (didn't bother crippling myself). I wonder what the big prize is if you do it all properly, with all the optional quests etc.

And The Mall an area in the bottom left quarter of the map, near the Lincoln Memorial btw.

Already got my weekend planned now, or at least a good chunk of it. Gears of War 2 co-op at my mates place. Looking forward to more of the same on a bigger scale than last time.

I might rent Gears 2 at some point, probably not till after christmas if at all thoguh. It looks very very nice, but the gameplay of the first one never really enthralled me that much, it was enjoayble at first and then just bored me. I guess most games are like that though really.

As for the reward, I got 4 Mentats and then as it was the end of the book she prints one off and gives it to you, I then got s Survivalist perk, which Adds +6 poison and Rad resistance and +6 to Science and I think Medecine. Was very worth it. Though I don't know out of that what changed because I did all the optional bits. Plus the whole conversation with the guy in the wrecked part of the ship was great, I decided to save the android as well, told him who he was but told him i wouldn't tell Zimmer, and then he gave me permission to kill Zimmer and his guard, which I did biggrin.gif. Good Karma all round.

Picked up LittleBigPlanet this morning, looking forward to that a lot.
Everlong
I'm stupidly excited about Gears 2 on Friday.

Booze + Mates + Pizza + GOW2 = Win.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Atara @ Nov 4 2008, 06:03 PM) *
I am being haunted by soem drunken scottish bloke in Fable 2. His same taunts keep popping up in random locations where there isn't even anyone else around.

They're the gargoyles. When you hear that Scottish bloke have a look around and see if you can see a grey stone gargoyle with white lit eyes. Shoot him and it'll come up on the screen you have shot 1/50 gargoyles. For every 10 you shoot you get to unlock a gate in the gargoyle grotto which is hidden and I won't tell you where. I have 36 of them so far I think.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Saints Row is the fucking bomb. It's making me remember why I love gaming, which is nice after having played a few to many games recently that have felt like a second job.

I really want to complete everything, rather than just ploughing through the story mode and then dropping the game and never coming back to it (I'm looking at you GTA4)

Can't wait to play the sequel.
Drifter
QUOTE (Everlong @ Nov 5 2008, 09:58 AM) *
I'm stupidly excited about Gears 2 on Friday.

Booze + Mates + Pizza + GOW2 = Win.

I got mine through this morning from Play, I havent had the chance to have a go at it yet but will later on this afternoon happy.gif
Everlong
QUOTE (Drifter @ Nov 5 2008, 12:12 PM) *
I got mine through this morning from Play, I havent had the chance to have a go at it yet but will later on this afternoon happy.gif

*kills and steals GOW2*

I wanted to do that and get it delivered on the day or earlier, but wasn't sure what shifts i'd be on.

Early on friday i'm buying. Will be tempting to play it before work but i'd end up late!
Atara
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 5 2008, 09:59 AM) *
They're the gargoyles. When you hear that Scottish bloke have a look around and see if you can see a grey stone gargoyle with white lit eyes. Shoot him and it'll come up on the screen you have shot 1/50 gargoyles. For every 10 you shoot you get to unlock a gate in the gargoyle grotto which is hidden and I won't tell you where. I have 36 of them so far I think.

Hehe, thanks. I feel like an arse, I wondered why I never found any of those Gargoyles. I did rush through the game a bit I must say. The ending was so disappointing though, I am unsure if I will be able to bring myself to playing it again for a long while.
NiteFall
So I've slowed down a bit with Fallout, I'm exploring a shade more, finding things, saving tings. Still only level 16 though, so plenty of character improvement available to me I hope.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 5 2008, 07:19 PM) *
So I've slowed down a bit with Fallout, I'm exploring a shade more, finding things, saving tings. Still only level 16 though, so plenty of character improvement available to me I hope.

What's the level cap?
NiteFall
Shit. Turns out that it's 20...
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 5 2008, 09:50 AM) *
It's to the East of the GNR building if I recall, I'll double check when I get in tonight.
I have so much ammo but I refuse to sell it, even if I don't have the guns for it, I have thousand of 5mm rounds but don't use the minigun.....I now carry Lincolns Repeater which absolutely rapes everything, Missile launcher for super mutants, Fat man for same and Behemoths, Combat shotgun for close quarters and then grenades and mines for extra funtimes. I use the hunting rifle for Roaches and other vermin as well.

Cheers, that'll definately be getting a look-see after I escape this virtual reality shenanigans down in a vault 112 (I think).
Is Lincolns repeater what you get for finding the document for the museum (I forget which "document" it is). If so, I know what I'll be doing next.

I have me a flamer and a missile launcher, now them's be fun times.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 5 2008, 09:24 AM) *
Why is it any worse than any other inventory system that limits how much you're allowed to carry? If anything, it's better, because you can pick stuff up temporarily and use it on the spot even if you don't have room to carry it around all the time.

I suppose that's a fair point, but not really giving you anywere to store un-wanted but still useful items from the get go is a tad irksome. I suppose I could claim a place to be my "safehouse" until I eventually purchase a place of my own but it's just a bit of a hassle.

Oh and blowing up Megaton? Yay or nay? I aren't fussed about karma, I just don't want to miss anything juicy, plot-wise.
GundamGuy_UK
I really can't justify buying Fallout 3 until I finish BioShock.
NiteFall
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 5 2008, 07:30 PM) *
I suppose that's a fair point, but not really giving you anywere to store un-wanted but still useful items from the get go is a tad irksome. I suppose I could claim a place to be my "safehouse" until I eventually purchase a place of my own but it's just a bit of a hassle.

Oh and blowing up Megaton? Yay or nay? I aren't fussed about karma, I just don't want to miss anything juicy, plot-wise.

If you inform the Sheriff of the plan to blow up Megaton AND manage to stop him from being shot by the guy who wants it blown up (have a weapon drawn and be prepared to use VATS as soon as he draws) you get a house in Megaton for free as part of your reward.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 5 2008, 07:37 PM) *
If you inform the Sheriff of the plan to blow up Megaton AND manage to stop him from being shot by the guy who wants it blown up (have a weapon drawn and be prepared to use VATS as soon as he draws) you get a house in Megaton for free as part of your reward.

Ooooo. Tempting. And if all goes kerbooom?

The level 20 cap seems a bit...well, shit to be honest. There's me expecting some uber-level goodness ala Oblivion.
Omniscia
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 5 2008, 02:37 PM) *

Really? I did that, and no one informed me! You'd think they'd tell you these things in-game...

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 5 2008, 05:33 PM) *
Ooooo. Tempting. And if all goes kerbooom?

I don't know about if it all goes kerboom, but if you don't save the sheriff from being shot, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you took his house key.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this so far. It's exactly what I was hoping S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would be like.

And I died for the first time tonight! I was exploring near the outdoor cinema, when I got a little too close to a trailer, which I presumed was unoccupied. Big mistake: There was a Super Mutant Brute armed with a rocket launcher waiting for me. Blew me up good. So I reloaded, snuck around and caught him off-guard, and used my hunting rifle in V.A.T.S. to get a critical hit or two to his head. It didn't put him down, of course, or even do that much damage, but he wasn't able to use that rocket launcher of his anymore, for whatever reason. I just kept back-pedaling and firing everything I had at him, and about 60 10mm rounds later, it was all over.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Nov 6 2008, 04:33 AM) *
Really? I did that, and no one informed me! You'd think they'd tell you these things in-game...

I don't know about if it all goes kerboom, but if you don't save the sheriff from being shot, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you took his house key.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this so far. It's exactly what I was hoping S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would be like.

And I died for the first time tonight! I was exploring near the outdoor cinema, when I got a little too close to a trailer, which I presumed was unoccupied. Big mistake: There was a Super Mutant Brute armed with a rocket launcher waiting for me. Blew me up good. So I reloaded, snuck around and caught him off-guard, and used my hunting rifle in V.A.T.S. to get a critical hit or two to his head. It didn't put him down, of course, or even do that much damage, but he wasn't able to use that rocket launcher of his anymore, for whatever reason. I just kept back-pedaling and firing everything I had at him, and about 60 10mm rounds later, it was all over.

How are you people so good at this game? I was dying in the vault for fucks sake tongue.gif. I'm not quite that bad but there is a looot of re-loading that goes on. And I usually take out super mutants in two to three shots to the head, and thats just with my hunting rifle, not my precious laser baby. (It's like a water baby, but not.)
zeden
If you blow up Megaton you get a home in Tenpenny Towers instead.
Nonus Aequilibrium
The thing that's been annoying me is that I've been doing some of the main story and I've got all sorts of shit I want to sell, and stock up on stimpacks etc, yet there's absolutely bugger all places to do so on the way.
monkeyman
Level 13 and have 100 in Science, Lockpicking, Small guns and Big Guns. Is good.

Just did the Reillys rangers mission which was great fun as well, the armour reward for that was very good. Im off to find the Declaration of Independence now. I also found my 3rd bobblehead in Rivet town.
I still have only really explored the bottom right corner of the map, so I still have a hell of a lot to see and do. The game is overwhelming in that sense, but at least it is damn good value for money. My only gripe is that I am going to hit the level cap way before I see and do everything, it would be nice if you could level more and still have the enemies scale with you, if only to give you something to do skills wise.
i realise it'd make it a bit redundant because you'd be able to get most perks and max all skills but not levelling at all will suck.

Played LittleBigPlanet for a bit as well; I love it. It looks great and plays great, sure the opening levels are simplistic and hand holdingly easy, but they are tutorials for the most part to get you used to how the game works. I've read that the later levels are really tricky and have loads of cool mechanics throughout.
I had a little play in the create mode as well, it is incredibly simple yet incredibly in depth. I can see I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

Stephen Fry narrating every tutorial is complete win as well.
NiteFall
Anyone else found some unique weapons yet? So far I have the Mesmetron, Waser Wifle, Protectron's Gaze, Terrible Shotgun, Lincoln's Repeater and the Vampire's Edge.
monkeyman
I have/had: Eugene, Lincolns Repeater and (I forget his name) The androids Laser gun. Heh, Waser Wifle.
Nonus Aequilibrium
Kei, does the PC version come with an editor like Oblivion and Morrowind did?
NiteFall
If there is, then I don't have it.
Nonus Aequilibrium
Excellent, we just got our copies of Gears 2. That's going on straightaway.
Omniscia
The editor isn't included with the game, but it will probably come out sooner or later... There is a "Data Files" option on the splash-screen, as in Morrowind and Oblivion, so that points the way toward future content. Hopefully that includes user mods, and not just first-party expansions.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 6 2008, 09:35 AM) *
The thing that's been annoying me is that I've been doing some of the main story and I've got all sorts of shit I want to sell, and stock up on stimpacks etc, yet there's absolutely bugger all places to do so on the way.

This is very true, I usually just fast-track to Rivet City or Megaton. There's the occasional travelling merchant as well. If you happen to see a doctor wandering the wastes my advice is shoot him in the face and rob all his valuables, quick and easy supplies.

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 6 2008, 07:33 AM) *
If you blow up Megaton you get a home in Tenpenny Towers instead.

Megaton's going bye bye smile.gif. I hope there's a load of cash with that too.

Where do you get Lincoln's Repeater?

I'm so much looking forward to Gears 2.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 6 2008, 05:41 PM) *
I'm so much looking forward to Gears 2.

Rightly so too, I'm a couple of hours in and it's excellent so far.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 6 2008, 08:13 PM) *
Rightly so too, I'm a couple of hours in and it's excellent so far.

Lucky sod. I've been tring to get my mum to take me through to Hull for the midnight launch but she's not having none of it. I'll have to wait until tomorrow for my Sequel-astic action.

Now, where can I get 40 from? Hmmm...
monkeyman
Was walking to vault 92 today and picked up a strange sounding radio broadcast, I went to discover what it was and it was the downed alien ship that some of you have mentioned. It was such a cool little find. Also nice to have another unique weapon to add to my collection. I have that pistol and the Terrible Shotgun now, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with killing Smily Jack and stealing his huge amount of money and items so that was cool.

Also cleared out Green Hills building, freed the slaves and killed the Super behemoth. I'm really enjoying the Rail spike gun as well, I have just made the dart gun, has anyone used it, is it any good?
Rebus
Just bought Fallout 3 on my lunch, the rest of the day is going to drag, cannot wait to get stuck in as soon as I get home.
NiteFall
I was playing last night and thinking "Weird. I'm sure I could carry more than this." turns out I had 37 Nuka Cola and 53 scrap metal weighing me down.
Jimmay
Finished Fable II last night and was really surprised at how much the ending affected my emotionally. Spoilered for those who haven't finished it yet When I found out my wife and child had been murdered I was genuinely angry at Lucien for doing it, especially after seeing my dog just get shot. I couldn't wait to end him. Then when I finally did and shot him in his face I was faced with the decision to either save everyone who died in the spire, save my dog and my family or take the money. I decided as I'd been selfless so far I would take the sacrifice but I felt so deflated afterwards. I wandered around, looked at my statue and stuff but the fact that my family home was empty, my son didn't come and greet me and my dog wasn't running around made it all feel completely empty. I realised that it now means I shall never go back to playing it as it just doesn't feel the same anymore. So I did the only thing you can do. Got everyone around me by dancing and playing the lute and then electrocuted every single one of them and murdered anyone else I could find in their beds. As pure as you can be to as evil within 5 minutes.

Anyway, at least I have plenty of other games to distract me now, including Gears 2 which is sat on my desk as I type. Won't be able to play that until Sunday though. Boo Hiss.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I think I'm on Act 4 now of Gears 2, so far it's been absolutely outstanding. One of the best games I've played in ages.
Atara
The end of Fable 2 made me feel angry and deflated too since I had wasted my time for it to end with such an anti-climax.

Shooting Lucian in the face was so lame, I expected to at least get to fight him. I guess the shooting made sense as that was how he killed my dog, my sister and tried to kill me but it was just lazy. Made colecting up the other three heroes seem so pointless. So what, I get all their powers or whatver it was that happened and then kill the bad guy with one easy shot.

I chose to save my family, not for them but for the dog, my family were meaningless, everyong in the towns still loved me though so I was glad I didn't bother with Sacrifice. I sort of wish I had taken the cash and bought the castle.
frostitute
LEFT 4 DEAD IS FUCKING AMAZING
Everlong
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 7 2008, 04:46 PM) *
I think I'm on Act 4 now of Gears 2, so far it's been absolutely outstanding. One of the best games I've played in ages.

On Act 2 right now.

Cole's entrance was amazing laugh.gif
NiteFall
Call Of Duty 5 is a tad disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it's very pretty, slick and well executed, I just feel that returning to WWII feels like a step backwards and recovering very, very well trodden ground.
Atara
Chris' new friend in Fallout makes me happy.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I'd expected Gears of War 2 to be good, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to be this good.

I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since Deus Ex. Gears 1 was excellent, but this completely blows it away. I've still not quite finished it yet, and I'm going to be sad to see the credits. The only concern I can see Epic having at the moment, is how the hell they're going to top this with Gears 3 (it was supposed to be a trilogy wasn't it?).
monkeyman
QUOTE (Atara @ Nov 8 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Chris' new friend in Fallout makes me happy.

Fawkes is the single most awesome NPC buddy ever.
Atara
I am curious to try Gears of War. Not played the first one, I really don't like playing over the shoulder but I might rent it and give it a shot
GundamGuy_UK
It's really better in Co-Op. It's a very repetitive game, and by yourself it's just not as fun I don't think.
Atara
Some of the player created levels in LBP are awesome!
frostitute
Gears 2 is in fact wicked fuckin awesome wowsome. The enviros are better, the detail is upped. The UE3 texture popin is still there, though it seems to fade in now instead of literally popping in. Not sure if I will stick around to reach 100,000 kills though.
NiteFall
Well. I am now an unstoppable killing machine in Fallout 3. Got over 10,000 caps, over 1,000 ammo for all the weapons except the magnum (only 300 there) and the minigun (over 5,000 there) and thanks to a 100 skill in repair a full suit of pristine Enclave power armor. I think I'm ready to go get the last 2 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. bobbleheads now.
Everlong
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 8 2008, 08:05 PM) *
I'd expected Gears of War 2 to be good, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to be this good.

I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since Deus Ex. Gears 1 was excellent, but this completely blows it away. I've still not quite finished it yet, and I'm going to be sad to see the credits. The only concern I can see Epic having at the moment, is how the hell they're going to top this with Gears 3 (it was supposed to be a trilogy wasn't it?).

Yeah the plan is a trilogy, I also read somewhere that if the trilogy is really successful, there will be a prequel set during the pendulum wars.

I'm about halfway through Act 4 now.

Poor Dom sad.gif But I must say the way they done that scene brilliantly. Marcus's Face as he hears the gunshot, then walks off.

The characters are more lifelike this time, so much more depth and emotion. Ben Carmine more likeable than anthony carmine. Albeit a bit retarded.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 8 2008, 08:05 PM) *

I have been playing for around 27 and a half hours now (mixing up campaign and multiplayer) and I have to whole-heartedly agree. Best game this year by far and now the best game on the 360. Master Chief? Master Chief? Fuck off you big green twat, Marcus Fenix would piss all over your the mangled remains after ramming the chainsaw bayonet up your ass umpteen times. Roll on the third!

Cole's entrance was indeed the best thing since his entrance in the first game. He should have his own game, with Thrashball and amazing comments and...and... okayyy maybe the thirty cups of coffeee are kicking in...

Shame about Tai and Dom's wife, RIP, thee that I hardly knew.

( I think there may be 4 after learning about there being 4 Carmine brothers heed my words, I shall expect you all to bow down before your all-seeing master if it becomes reality...)

I always had a feeling that the Locust where man-made or used to be human or whatever the whole test-tube baby section was all about. They were always too..."non-flying saucer" to be aliens.

Oh and I don't know about you but I totally "would" the Locust Queen. Her dress is sexy.

More about Left For Dead please? My main worry are the graphics, I always feel that Sierra games have really thin, stickmen-esque, character models. Is it true?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.