Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Nonus Aequilibrium
Anyone been playing Horde? Me and a mate were playing, just two of us and were up to wave 37 before we called it a night.
logger
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 17 2008, 02:48 PM) *
Getting hold of a mulcher is always useful, or the mortar thing.

I don't like the mortar.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 17 2008, 02:57 PM) *
I almost said that myself. The mortar is great fun. Is anyone playing the Left 4 Dead demo as I wouldn't mind playing it with someone that I know won't dick around and be shit.

I'll hopefully be online from about 8.30-9.30 if you want to play later.
Jubei
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 17 2008, 02:48 PM) *
Getting hold of a mulcher is always useful, or the mortar thing.

Ooh, whats the Mulcher? And the Mortar is devastating, although it has a tendancy to come straight back on my head...
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (logger @ Nov 17 2008, 03:36 PM) *
I don't like the mortar.

What's not to like? You see a big crowd of enemies and it makes them all die.

QUOTE (Jubei @ Nov 17 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Ooh, whats the Mulcher? And the Mortar is devastating, although it has a tendancy to come straight back on my head...

The Mulcher is a minigun, you can pick it up as well as your normal two weapons same as the mortar, moving very slow while you carry it but you can mount it on any bit of cover you like (or just put it on the floor if you want) and effectively create a troika wherever you go. You can also fire it while you're walking but the bullets tend to go all over the place if you do that, that's just basically for if something like a wretch rushes you.
Sean of the Dead
I would like to appologize to Jimmy for being shit at Left 4 Dead (perhaps my character was just "the tastiest"), and for leaving when the campaign restarted; for some reason the demo decides to freeze my xbox at that point.
logger
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 17 2008, 07:33 PM) *
What's not to like? You see a big crowd of enemies and it makes them all die.

Or makes Delta die.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Nov 17 2008, 09:43 PM) *
I would like to appologize to Jimmy for being shit at Left 4 Dead (perhaps my character was just "the tastiest"), and for leaving when the campaign restarted; for some reason the demo decides to freeze my xbox at that point.

My demo did exactly the same, and I guess you were just unlucky. All the special zombies seemed to make a b-line for you. It was quite funny to watch. I'm looking forward to getting this game more and more now. It's great fun so far.
sweetbutinsane
I found one of the epic glitches in Oblivion by myself. I am now very rich indeed and own all of the houses that were for sale. If only real life were that simple... laugh.gif
GundamGuy_UK
Had a go on CoD5 multiplayer earlier, and can see why it's so addictive. I think I'll become hooked too, with the whole "ooh, I only need 50XP to go up a level..." style of it.
Rebus
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Nov 19 2008, 05:20 AM) *
I found one of the epic glitches in Oblivion by myself. I am now very rich indeed and own all of the houses that were for sale. If only real life were that simple... laugh.gif

I just found a glitch in Fallout 3 so am now richer than I should be in XP. I know I'm behind everyone else as I just blew up Megaton. I'm still really enjoying this. Had a lot of fun last night wiping out all of the Outcasts at Fort Independence, didn't think they'd all go batshit when I broke in so just went with it and cleaned the place out, lots of fun.
zeden
Would I be right in thinking that the New Xbox Experience is due today?
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 19 2008, 07:46 AM) *
Would I be right in thinking that the New Xbox Experience is due today?

According to El Reg, yes you are. I'm going to be downloading it straight away. I'm not sure whether I'll ultimately make a lot of use of the avatar stuf but I'm really interested to see it anyway.
zeden
Knowing that we're going to be expected to pay for the bulk of the avatar customization options has put me right off already.
Saying that, I'll inevitably end up mucking about with it just to see the scope of it compared to Nintendos Miis.

Edit: Well, it's not out yet, I can say that much.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Nov 17 2008, 12:12 AM) *

Does this mean I don't have to go to work today?
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 19 2008, 09:12 AM) *
Knowing that we're going to be expected to pay for the bulk of the avatar customization options has put me right off already.
Saying that, I'll inevitably end up mucking about with it just to see the scope of it compared to Nintendos Miis.

Edit: Well, it's not out yet, I can say that much.

Wha? Rubbish. I'm not paying for a new hat or something. Waste of money.
Everlong
I made do with the stuff included, won't be paying for other stuff.

GundamGuy_UK
I can't get on Marketplace now this update's gone through...

When I'm not connected to LIVE I'm treated to all manner of little words at the top, like "Marketplace", "Friends", "Videos" etc. When I sign into LIVE though, all of them disappear. And if I go onto Marketplace via the Guide button, it just crashes.

Well, thanks a lot Microsoft. You've given me a stupid update that I HAD to get, and now that I have it, not only do the new features not work but I can't use the old ones anymore. I have a horrible feeling I can't even play games anymore, CoD just disconnected me from LIVE when I tried to play, and now I can't even connect again.
Atara
Xbox three-suck-sty
monkeyman
Live has been having issues since before the weekend; not with everyone obviously bit with a large number of people. I was wondering if they were going to fix it before the update but it seems not.
GundamGuy_UK
At least my hilariously-named "Guest" account on my 360 now has a face:

You can also see my Gamertag there, if anyone wants it.
zeden

There's mine. I'm actually less satisfied with it than my Mii despite the extra customization options. Apart from being able to make a gamerpic out of it there seems little use for the feature right now.
And an add is winging its way to you sir. wink.gif

Tried the install game feature and was shocked to find that bar taking up over a quarter of my tiny 20gb hard drive it seemingly did nothing. I read the intro info stuff and it says it makes the console quieter, I guess it's not having to run the noisey disk drive quite as often then. I didn't notice being so used to the hum of electricals. Heck, if my 360 is on that means my pc is on and combined the two are probably mind numbingly irritating to anyone who isn't used to it, a minor decrease in noise isn't going to help
Only feature I've been particularly satisfied with is the option to delete games which you've got no achievements on, no more do I have the last two Pro Evo games or entries for demos mocking me with their zero points.
Jubei
Gotta say, I'm distinctly underwhelmed by the New Xbox Experience. The Avatars are largely pointless, I was expecting to have some kind of area on my dashboard that other people in my party could come into and see my achievements and things, not just 8-way voice chat.

It does look better, but it's just dressing up what was already there on the whole. I guess having the channels means it's got greater flexibility though in the future. I think appearance wise it IS an improvement, the old dashboard was slow and clunky looking, but it doesn't nearly live up to the hype.
Everlong
The more i look at my avatar, the more i feel its actually a slim me.

Will add you both in a bit smile.gif
monkeyman
I thought that it wasn't mandatory to make and have an Avatar sitting around, but I've read an article or two where people have had to?

Also, has it invalidated all the Gamer pics/Themes that you've paid money for? As I've read a few complaints about that as well.
zeden
I did get pushed into the avatar creation after the update, though I didn't even try to leave it so maybe you can.
As far as gamerpics and themes are concerned little has changed unless you download a premium theme, which apparently adds things to your avatar and changes the menus. Can't see the appeal of paying for background pictures myself, you can just put a jpeg on the 360 through the usb and use it as wallpaper for free.
GundamGuy_UK
This is my actual Mii:

rebelstar
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 20 2008, 10:53 AM) *
I thought that it wasn't mandatory to make and have an Avatar sitting around, but I've read an article or two where people have had to?

Also, has it invalidated all the Gamer pics/Themes that you've paid money for? As I've read a few complaints about that as well.

If you go into the Avatar creation section there doesn't appear to be a way to exit without creating something (although I had had a bottle of wine at that point, so I might be mistaken). And the theme I was using before the update was still there afterwards.

I haven't had much of a chance to play around with NXE, but did manage to hang my 360 once by disabling my wireless connection while I was on Live.
Jubei
It gives you the option to pose and 'photograph' your avatar to use as a gamerpic, but you can continue to use your existing gamerpic if you so wish.
GundamGuy_UK

Anyone else getting this?
Everlong
Had it a couple of times last night, but went back to them today and they were working fine.
Jubei
Haven't had that at all, although a friend has been getting pop up error messages similar to that in Marketplace that keep reappearing.
Everlong
Yeah it was marketplace doing that to me.
Jubei
Strange, I hope it doesn't start affecting me.

By the way, how have we made it to 106 pages, have the moderators stopped looking?

And how do you write really small these days? -2 doesn't seem to work.
Jimmay
The new Xbox stuff isn't particularly useful and is a bit confusing to get used to but at least I can still stream across to it from my PC which is all that matters.

I'm so excited about Left 4 Dead tomorrow. I even went around a few shops in my lunchbreak to see if anyone had accidentally put it out on the shelves but no joy. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow now. It's been getting superb write-ups and being able to do split-screen online means that you can play with a friend even if theres no-one you know online.

QUOTE (Jubei @ Nov 20 2008, 04:18 PM) *
By the way, how have we made it to 106 pages, have the moderators stopped looking?

That requirement has gone now. Just look at the "To Think" thread which is on 180 odd pages now.
Jubei
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 20 2008, 04:28 PM) *
That requirement has gone now. Just look at the "To Think" thread which is on 180 odd pages now.

Oh, I didn't notice. blush.gif
Raven
I know this is a bit behind the times now, but I've just played the demo of Tomb Raider Anniversary.

It bought it all back, the annoying "where the f*** do I go now?" the "line up on it straight you stupid b*****" and the slightly perverse joy of seeing Lara Croft's broken, crumpled body on the ground when you make her jump off a cliff because the game has annoyed you so much.

Happy days . . .
sweetbutinsane
I always used to freak out when my brother drowned her, way back when we had the Playstation. laugh.gif
Raven
He hadn't had a letter from an ex, had he?
GundamGuy_UK
I tried getting something off Marketplace using my PC. It all worked until I went on my 360, which saw the download but the "Download now" button is greyed out so I can't press it.
Julie
A new zombie video game that looks incredible and plays Elbow in the trailer?

I might actually be a little turned on by this.
sweetbutinsane
Why is it that, on Oblivion, the Dark Brotherhood quests are the most fun? I'm halfway through the party one and it's so much fun. happy.gif
logger
I'm playing though the MGS saga from the beginning (I've just killer Vulcan Raven) and now knowing the whole story I just wondered did Ocelot kill the DARPA Chief/Sigint on purpose and how did he square it with the Patriots?
monkeyman
If I recall the DARPA Chief/Sigint is actually Decoy Octopus, who is killed by the Foxdie Virus.

I think I'm going to stick that on my PSP and play it alongside FF9, I have finished FF7 now and will write something about it a bit later.
Omniscia
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Nov 20 2008, 06:04 AM) *
This is my actual Mii:

And this is my avatar:

Jubei
And here is me smile.gif

NiteFall
I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger on my PSP which is aces, and in Fallout 3 I've just met the only character to have appeared in all three Fallout games- Harold the Ghoul with a tree named Bob growing out of his head. Hard to get to, but worth it. Especially if you played the first two Fallout games.
Omniscia
Yeah, that was a gorgeous, heartbreaking quest line.
logger
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 23 2008, 06:11 PM) *
Decoy Octopus, who is killed by the Foxdie Virus.

But Ocelot has already tortured the Chief to death, it's his body Snake shares a cell with when he's captured. Although that reminds me, was it the Patriots that wanted to kill the Chief with Foxdie? They mustn't have liked him much, I found him annoying and never contacted him during MGS3.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Julie @ Nov 23 2008, 04:51 AM) *
A new zombie video game that looks incredible and plays Elbow in the trailer?

I might actually be a little turned on by this.

I got that on Friday and have spent many an hour fighting the zombie horde. So far it's great fun and I'm enjoying the campaigns. The versus mode is pretty good although the team I was up against were rubbish so when it was my time to be the zombies we killed them within about a minute. There are some fantastic set pieces in the thing and it keeps it fresh. I've only played two of the four campaigns and only finished one so far. Highly recommended, and Julie, if you do pick it up then we can fight the horde together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.