Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Omniscia
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Dec 10 2008, 04:56 AM) *
Wanking!

Excuse me?
zeden
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Dec 10 2008, 09:56 AM) *
Wanking!

Yeah, that too. I don't know where I find the time.

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Dec 10 2008, 03:23 PM) *
What could be better than fighting on a giant cock jizzing on some tits?

Jizzing on some tits with my giant cock?
GundamGuy_UK
Wow...
zeden
Ask a stupid question...
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 11 2008, 08:52 AM) *
Ask a stupid question...

In fairness I thought the same thing, I just didn't write it, you know on the internet, and everything.
GundamGuy_UK
So, video games, eh?

Does nobody on here own Call of Duty: World at War? I'm mentioned it a few times and got no response. The multiplayer is much better than 4's, and the addition of co-op for the campaign is a great idea too. Everyone seems to own 4, and I had a go on the multiplayer and it's just not as fun. The single player is good, at least.
curtinparloe
I only play COD 1, as my PC struggles with anything newer (TF2's just about OK on the minimum settings).

I could use a new version of Worms, preferably that would work on my phone or palmpilot.
Jimmay
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 11 2008, 10:32 AM) *
So, video games, eh?

Does nobody on here own Call of Duty: World at War? I'm mentioned it a few times and got no response. The multiplayer is much better than 4's, and the addition of co-op for the campaign is a great idea too. Everyone seems to own 4, and I had a go on the multiplayer and it's just not as fun. The single player is good, at least.

Nope. I haven't got it. I loved the multiplayer on 4 and played it to death. I also feel that a WW2 setting is a bit of a step back for the series but not having played it I don't really have much say on the matter.
Bloomeeney
Played Rainbow Six: Vegas online last night - again getting my ass kicked, but it was quite fun. Might get into this XBox Live lark.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 11 2008, 10:32 AM) *

I do. Really enjoy the multiplayer, so much so that I haven't finished working through the single player yet. The introduction of tanks is great! And calling in the dogs, which I didn't think I would like at first but now kinda shits me up (in a good way) every time I hear all that barking and don't know which way they're coming from. I didn't think I'd be ditching 4's multiplayer for 5, but it seems I have already!

Oh and my gamertag is Llamsykins. I would have posted it on here before but I haven't been able to afford Live subscriptions so I've just been using the free month's worth by creating new accounts over and over. But hopefully getting a 12 month for Christmas so should be on that one permanently now. Everyone feel free to give me an add!
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Llama @ Dec 11 2008, 11:36 AM) *
kinda shits me up (in a good way) every time I hear all that barking and don't know which way they're coming from.

"They send their hounds, but they too will find only death!"

That's Gary Oldman, you know. And Keither Sutherland is the American one.

I'll give you an add if that's what you're keeping.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
What about the zombie mode though? Is it as fun as it looked in the trailer?

I'm still waiting for my mate to finish the game (which doesn't interest me) so I can play this mode. He's being annoyingly slow.
GundamGuy_UK
I've only played it once with just 2 people, myself included. It was entertaining though, but I get the impression that it's better with more.

Co-op campaign is great too. I'm on the very last level of the campaign, but CoD's "infinite enemies spawn until you reach a checkpoint, repeat" method of gameplay gets annoying after a while and I can't be arsed playing at the moment. Took me AGES to beat the last level, but there's also a real sense of achievement when you do do it.
Jimmay
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 11 2008, 01:33 PM) *
do do

Heh
SuperSaiyanStoner
I have world at war. It is great fun, but after recently refinding my love for rainbow six vegas 2 its not been getting much playtime! The zombie mode is great fun with 4 of you, however the fact its infinite, continous and you only ever get a few seconds rest inbewteen rounds, which isnt realy rest as your manicly trying to reboard as many windows as you can, when you finaly get a full team wipe, you dont realy feel like going through it again and end up playing another game!

Anyone play fifa 09?
Sean of the Dead
I got Left 4 Dead for my birthday, now all I need is 3 far more competent players to join me... Boy, is it awesome though.
Julie
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Dec 11 2008, 11:09 AM) *
I got Left 4 Dead for my birthday, now all I need is 3 far more competent players to join me... Boy, is it awesome though.

I'm on it. Jimmay's alright, too, I guess.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Julie @ Dec 11 2008, 04:11 PM) *
I'm on it. Jimmay's alright, too, I guess.

Yay! We're just one person away from the ultimate "Spaced Out Survival Team: International Edition". S.O.S.T.I.E.

Isn't he getting an Xbox for Christmas? It must be fate.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 11 2008, 01:27 PM) *
"They send their hounds, but they too will find only death!"

That's Gary Oldman, you know. And Keither Sutherland is the American one.

I'll give you an add if that's what you're keeping.

Kiefer was pretty recognisable, but I only found out it was Gary a few weeks ago. Pretty cool!

Cheers for the add too, I'll send you an invite over for some COD5 if I see you on and when I'm not meant to be working...
Julie
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Dec 11 2008, 11:20 AM) *
Yay! We're just one person away from the ultimate "Spaced Out Survival Team: International Edition". S.O.S.T.I.E.

Isn't he getting an Xbox for Christmas? It must be fate.

Him and Adam both! We could have a rotation if we needed!
SuperSaiyanStoner
i did quite enjoy the demo of L4D, but the soul reason I didnt pick it up is I am utter pants when friendly fire is on!! Plus I found myself in corridoors fairly often that wa swide enouugh for about 2 people leaving me playing a game where i was too scared to shoot half the time, and then we would get swarmed by masses of zombies and Id either A: leave all the work to my teamates B: wed all get munched on by zombies or C: Id go crazy in a whirlwind of bullets and kill everyone in hte room!

Will def pick up at some point though, maybe when its down to 15 to 20 quid! Youve been warned! O_O
Julie
QUOTE (SuperSaiyanStoner @ Dec 11 2008, 12:17 PM) *
i did quite enjoy the demo of L4D, but the soul reason I didnt pick it up is I am utter pants when friendly fire is on!! Plus I found myself in corridoors fairly often that wa swide enouugh for about 2 people leaving me playing a game where i was too scared to shoot half the time, and then we would get swarmed by masses of zombies and Id either A: leave all the work to my teamates B: wed all get munched on by zombies or C: Id go crazy in a whirlwind of bullets and kill everyone in hte room!

Will def pick up at some point though, maybe when its down to 15 to 20 quid! Youve been warned! O_O

I did manage to kill Jimmay a once 'accidentally' as a result of friendly fire.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Llama @ Dec 11 2008, 11:36 AM) *
Everyone feel free to give me an add!

Done.

I like the way the little Avatars are shown as asleep when the person is offline. They look adorable.
Atara
Yey, Playstation Home is here. It is funky
NiteFall
So, I'm just installing the high-definition texture pack for Fallout 3. Because I already have everything set to maximum and it just isn't pretty enough goddammit!! laugh.gif
monkeyman
Post some screenshots of it if you can mate, it'd be nice to see some decent ones, all the screenies I've seen online havent been that great (though they are definetely higher res).

Also, get on Home over the weekend so we can do the running man together just for the lols laugh.gif
NiteFall
Oh, I also took advantage of my buddy Shaun's 25% discount in Game and got myself Soul Calibur IV. It's fun isn't it?
Llama
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Dec 11 2008, 08:44 PM) *
Done.

I like the way the little Avatars are shown as asleep when the person is offline. They look adorable.

Ta!

It is cute, isn't it? happy.gif
Omniscia
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Dec 11 2008, 11:09 AM) *

Can you play inter-platform games? I've been looking at picking it up for my PC.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (SuperSaiyanStoner @ Dec 11 2008, 05:17 PM) *

Without friendly fire on, what's the point? It loses all its team-based survival appeal when you pose no risk to anyone but the enemy. You know if you do the slapping thing with your gun, that doesn't hurt your team but hurts zombies. So when a big horde comes, just do that. You're also supposed to have the people in front crouch all the time so they don't block the fire of those behind.

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Dec 12 2008, 01:27 AM) *
Can you play inter-platform games? I've been looking at picking it up for my PC.

I'm going to hazard a guess at "No", sadly.

Llama, I'd be well up for some CoD5 at some point. I'm leaving my 360 here over Christmas, so from Tuesday for about a month I won't be online. Over the weekend I'll be on pretty much all the time, because all my friends are leaving tomorrow and I'll have no work to do either. LIVE can be a bit odd on my network - it's fine once it's on, but connecting sometimes doesn't work and I just have to wait half an hour and try again. So I don't usually decide times for things in case I can't get on.
UnderSpaced
Just started playing Bioshock (for PC) again after I stopped playing it about 3 months ago. Also started a file in Dragon Quest VIII after seeing my friend beat it about a week ago.

Wish I could get high-speed internet where I live, then I could get Xbox Live. sad.gif
Atara
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 11 2008, 09:59 PM) *
Oh, I also took advantage of my buddy Shaun's 25% discount in Game and got myself Soul Calibur IV. It's fun isn't it?

So good that Chris is trading it in today.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 12 2008, 01:42 AM) *
Llama, I'd be well up for some CoD5 at some point.

Cool. Well, I won't be on much this weekend (two assignments in for next week) so I'll catch you after Christmas some time. And no worries about not arranging anything, I just tend to send people an invite if I see them on at the same time as me rather than organising a time, seems easier that way.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Atara @ Dec 12 2008, 08:44 AM) *
So good that Chris is trading it in today.

Yeah that didn't happen. 8 PS2 games and Soul calibur 4 came to just over 14, so yeah, no Valkyria Chronicles for me sad.gif
Rua
HD gaming is cool.

That is all.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 12 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Yeah that didn't happen. 8 PS2 games and Soul calibur 4 came to just over 14, so yeah, no Valkyria Chronicles for me sad.gif

Wow, that sucks. I got 40 for about 12 PS2/GameCube games a few weeks ago, then 30 for another 7 PS2/PSP games this week.

Never trade things in at GAME.
Atara
Home is cool, except that I appear to be the only girl and have, after being on there for about five minutes, got an army of blokes around me saying 'nice tits'
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Atara @ Dec 12 2008, 12:04 PM) *
Home is cool, except that I appear to be the only girl and have, after being on there for about five minutes, got an army of blokes around me saying 'nice tits'

I thought that whole "OMG a girl gamer!" thing was just a cliche.

I can't really think of much sadder than that. It's not even as if it's actually you they're seeing.
Atara
It looks like me before I got 5 months pregnant, not that they know that. Sony don't seem to think girls wear proper glasses or have long, not tied back hair, though. The boobs, however, are totally inaccurate. My girl needs some implants methinks. Maybe they will bing that in later
SuperSaiyanStoner
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 12 2008, 01:42 AM) *
Without friendly fire on, what's the point? It loses all its team-based survival appeal when you pose no risk to anyone but the enemy. You know if you do the slapping thing with your gun, that doesn't hurt your team but hurts zombies. So when a big horde comes, just do that. You're also supposed to have the people in front crouch all the time so they don't block the fire of those behind.

Yeah, I didnt say games should never have friendly fire. Im just saying I should be kept away from games with friendly fire!
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (SuperSaiyanStoner @ Dec 12 2008, 12:49 PM) *
Yeah, I didnt say games should never have friendly fire. Im just saying I should be kept away from games with friendly fire!

Oh, I know. I'm just saying that L4D really requires it to work properly. Same as you really need to be with 3 people you know in order to get the team aspect working.
Jubei
QUOTE (Atara @ Dec 12 2008, 12:04 PM) *

So the whole immature teenager thing isn't reserved solely for Xbox Live then. One of my friends on Live is a girl, although she's a friend of a friend so not a complete stranger. She gets so much rubbish from strangers when they realise she's a girl. It's really pretty sad. I wish there was a way you could matchmake with people in a certain age bracket to avoid annoying kids.
Sostie
Is Left4Dead any good as a 1 player game. I like zombie games so it looks good to me, but I'm not 100% sure whether I'm getting the arcade or online version of the 360 for Christmas.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Dec 11 2008, 01:52 AM) *
Excuse me?

Lol, sorry. I just felt the need for an out-burst.

Oh and I also am one with the Left 4 Dead. GamerTag is Rot For Me so feel free to send me a friend request anyone.

Been playing a lot of Command And Conquer Red Alert 3 and Fallout 3 at the moment.

I inadvertantly completed Fallout 3 the other night, Main storyline was a little bit short and underwhelming to be quite honest, I'm only 37 hours through...

Looking forward to exploring a little bit more now though and I still need to find vault-tecs main headquaters. Bring on the vaulty goodness.
Julie
QUOTE (Sostie @ Dec 12 2008, 09:29 AM) *
Is Left4Dead any good as a 1 player game. I like zombie games so it looks good to me, but I'm not 100% sure whether I'm getting the arcade or online version of the 360 for Christmas.

I'm fairly certain you can get any version of the Xbox online as long as you subscribe. I haven't played loads of Left 4 Dead yet, but I did find the one-player to be fairly uninteresting. The very best single player zombie game, in my opinion, is the magnificent Dead Rising.
logger
QUOTE (Jubei @ Dec 12 2008, 01:43 PM) *
annoying kids.

One of the main things that keeps me from online gaming.
Jubei
QUOTE (logger @ Dec 12 2008, 03:03 PM) *
One of the main things that keeps me from online gaming.

I only play with people I know. Friends from work, friends from home, friends from uni and friends of friends. Plus very occasionally friends from Spaced Out. I know there won't be any cocks then. Or at least I'll be playing against them, not with them. I think I only have one person in my friends list who I met online, and that was from a week ago, because he was a very sensible chap who played co-operatively very well in Gears, was nice, chatted, provided and took advice and sent a voice message afterwards saying what a good game it was and if we wanted to play again, send him an invite. I have regular purges of 'strangers' from my friends list as well though.

I'd like to play with Spaced Out people more though, I've got a bunch of yous in my friend list but never seem to be playing the same game at the same time.
Drifter
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 12 2008, 12:09 PM) *
I thought that whole "OMG a girl gamer!" thing was just a cliche.

I can't really think of much sadder than that. It's not even as if it's actually you they're seeing.

Female gamers are never taken serious, its very much a male dominated area. Most guys think women only play Brain Training and Barbie Horse Adventures and that to see a woman playing Bioshock or Halo multiplayer think weve stumbled into the room by accident. Xbox Live is not moderated hence 15 year old pubescent boys (unfortunately they're mostly American) asking you how big your tits are when all youre after is a good game of RS3 or Call of Duty with some mates.

Other news, Top 10 Games of 2008 (all formats) as listed by Orange:

10. Spore
9. Wii Fit
8. Braid
7. Call of Duty - World At War
6. Dead Space
5. Gears of War 2
4. LittleBigPlanet
3. Mirror's Edge
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
1. GTA IV

Ive a problem with Mirror's Edge being so far near the top, its innovative but full of problems like very limited game play, couple of hours and youre done, camera angle is annoying, the firing guards are bastards because you have hardly anything to use against them and there's no multiplayer.

I dont think I would have had GTA IV as top of the list, its good but I dont believe it was good enough to be top of the chart, what do you guys think?
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Sostie @ Dec 12 2008, 02:29 PM) *
Is Left4Dead any good as a 1 player game.

Short answer, "no". It may as well not have one, you're never going to use it. It's playable and all, it's just not fun. The game itself is pretty standard corridor FPS fare, it's only good because you're with 3 other people and you have to work together to take out the sheer number of enemies.

Take away the multiplayer and you might as well play Doom.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Drifter @ Dec 12 2008, 03:12 PM) *
a good game of RS3 or Call of Duty with some mates.

Other news, Top 10 Games of 2008 (all formats) as listed by Orange:

10. Spore
9. Wii Fit
8. Braid
7. Call of Duty - World At War
6. Dead Space
5. Gears of War 2
4. LittleBigPlanet
3. Mirror's Edge
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
1. GTA IV

Ive a problem with Mirror's Edge being so far near the top, its innovative but full of problems like very limited game play, couple of hours and youre done, camera angle is annoying, the firing guards are bastards because you have hardly anything to use against them and there's no multiplayer.

I dont think I would have had GTA IV as top of the list, its good but I dont believe it was good enough to be top of the chart, what do you guys think?

It's nice to see Metal gear Solid 4 and Littlebigplanet being in the top 5. I don't think I'd have GTA IV as my number 1 either. And they seem to be missing Fallout 3.
Plus it is by Orange.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.