Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 13 2009, 02:15 PM) *
It's so loud as well. I loves it. My arsenal is now Pistol with flame bullets for close range on animals, combat shotgun for close range anything else, chinese assault rifle /lincoln repeater for medium range depending on precision or general damage, sniper rifle for long range. Then it's grenades for clusters of people. I do carry other weapons such as the railway gun if I fancy a change but its a bit shit to be honest. In fact, I may trade that in tonight as its pretty useless compared to the rifles.

Speaking of trading things, I'm not sure if I like it or not that traders have a limited amount of caps when you trade with them meaning you have to wait for them to build up there cap supply before you can trade with them again. It makes selling scavenged stuff a bit tiresome after a while.

I quite like the rail gun, do you know that if you got the same schematic for a weapon more than once it will improve the weapon? So finding 3 Railway gun schematics gives it better Attack and Defense etc. I really like the Railway gun as it pins peoples heads to stuff laugh.gif.

I also think the traders having limited money is a bit annoying; a touch more realistic yes, but still a bit annoying. As I said though, it helps to trade for weightless things like ammo and stimpaks so you still have stuff of value that isn't taking up any carrying capacity. It does get to the point though (like in all the Morrowind games) where you have too much money to do anything with, so scavenging as insanely as I do at the start becomes a bit pointless.

I like that they took on a Mod that was created for Oblivion, the key ring one, so that all keys take up one slot instead of hundreds.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 13 2009, 03:43 PM) *
I quite like the rail gun, do you know that if you got the same schematic for a weapon more than once it will improve the weapon? So finding 3 Railway gun schematics gives it better Attack and Defense etc. I really like the Railway gun as it pins peoples heads to stuff laugh.gif.

I also think the traders having limited money is a bit annoying; a touch more realistic yes, but still a bit annoying. As I said though, it helps to trade for weightless things like ammo and stimpaks so you still have stuff of value that isn't taking up any carrying capacity. It does get to the point though (like in all the Morrowind games) where you have too much money to do anything with, so scavenging as insanely as I do at the start becomes a bit pointless.

I like that they took on a Mod that was created for Oblivion, the key ring one, so that all keys take up one slot instead of hundreds.

I'm thinking of stopping the searching every single box or filing cabinet I can see method as it's starting to get a bit pointless now, especially as I can kill most people with a couple of shots but it is useful at the start of the game. Are most of the important items out on show i.e. skill books, key items etc? I tend to buy all the ammo I can from traders as well. I didn't know about finding muliple schematics for the same thing. Interesting indeed.
monkeyman
I can't think of anything important thats in boxes and things, if you are getting bored of it like me I would stick to just opening safes and things with locks, theres a few Unique weapons found that way. The metal boxes and filing cabinets tend to just have Junk and the occaisional box of ammo or a few caps, or stimpaks. You won't miss anything important.
Omniscia
Junk is great for the Rock-It Launcher, though!
Jimmay
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 13 2009, 04:37 PM) *

Yeah but I haven't even bought the schematics for the Rock-It Launcher let alone use it with any regularity. It falls into the big guns category doesn't it?
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 13 2009, 03:41 PM) *
I found one of those in a cage at Evergreen Mills. I could actually shoot at it in its cage, but stupid me decided to go "what does this switch do?" despite knowing exactly what it was, and let the bloody thing out, followed by much legging it dropping grenades in my wake.

laugh.gif That made me laugh. Where is the switch, though? I actually wanted to let it out so I could kill it properly because shooting it in the cage didn't seem to work for me, but I didn't find a switch (though that may be because I didn't look very hard).
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jan 13 2009, 05:14 PM) *
laugh.gif That made me laugh. Where is the switch, though? I actually wanted to let it out so I could kill it properly because shooting it in the cage didn't seem to work for me, but I didn't find a switch (though that may be because I didn't look very hard).

The switch is right by the gate on his cage. As for shooting him inside, I was stood on top of one of the rail cars so I could see over the top of the fence so I could shoot him with the hunting rifle and lob grenades in. Luckily I'd got him to about half health before I let him out, but he takes so much punishment I really let him out because of boredom.
monkeyman
You can shoot the generator powering the gate as well, it's useful as it means you can release it from a distance, and let it run over a nice big pile of mines
zeden
QUOTE (Jubei @ Jan 13 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Like Mass Effect then. Why do that?

Personally, I like it. A finite end point tends to allow for a real sense of conclusion, as opposed to the feeling that you just finished another mission. Heck, besides anything else (MAJOR ENDING SPOILER!)my character sacrificed himself at the end of the game as many others will have. I expect the expansion to either deprive a "pure" good character of the extra post-game stuff or to make no real sense otherwise, diminishing what ought to be a truly final ending.

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 13 2009, 02:15 PM) *
My arsenal is now...

Very much the same as mine. Throw in a plasma rifle for killing stuff almost instantly and the dart gun for crippling Deathclaws and that's me.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 13 2009, 04:17 PM) *
I can't think of anything important thats in boxes and things...

Lockpicks. I can't think of anywhere you can buy them in any decent quantity. I spent the last five hours of my game not searching things but found that after a while, and some admittedly lazy lockpicking, I was running low on the buggers.
Aside from that you might get the occasional Quantum from a vending machine but little else that's worth the time looking.
bigfatrich
After all the talk about Fallout3 on here, I've decided to buy it. Play has given me this and Beautiful Katamari including delivery for under 40. Bonus.
Jimmay
Only two more levels to go and I'm still at the same point in the main story. I can see me playing through the game with a completely evil character the next time after Zeden's comments although I don't know why as I haven't read the spoiler yet. Clearing out Paradise Falls and finishing the Head of State slaves missions gave me a lot of extra points. I chose the lawbringer perk although I'm not really sure why to be honest as I'm not really struggling for money or good karma. Ran into my first Deathclaw as well which was a little bitch as some wastelanders had weakened it up before I got there.
monkeyman
QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 14 2009, 07:32 AM) *
Lockpicks. I can't think of anywhere you can buy them in any decent quantity. I spent the last five hours of my game not searching things but found that after a while, and some admittedly lazy lockpicking, I was running low on the buggers.
Aside from that you might get the occasional Quantum from a vending machine but little else that's worth the time looking.

Ooh, thats true. I thinkt hat was the only thing that bugged me was a lock of lock picks, or at least somewhere to buy them.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 14 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Ooh, thats true. I thinkt hat was the only thing that bugged me was a lock of lock picks, or at least somewhere to buy them.

That's what makes it a challenge though. If they were readily available then you wouldn't worry too much about breaking them. Having said that, I have 50 lockpicks I think as I maxed out science and it's usually an either/or job with hacking terminals or picking locks.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 13 2009, 07:15 PM) *
You can shoot the generator powering the gate as well, it's useful as it means you can release it from a distance, and let it run over a nice big pile of mines

That would have worked had I not spent the past 5 minutes disarming and keeping all those mines for myself.
Drifter
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 13 2009, 04:37 PM) *

Teddy Bears as ammo is amusing
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 14 2009, 11:38 AM) *
That's what makes it a challenge though. If they were readily available then you wouldn't worry too much about breaking them. Having said that, I have 50 lockpicks I think as I maxed out science and it's usually an either/or job with hacking terminals or picking locks.

True, I never had less that 15, but it did worry me laugh.gif
fatseff1234
Games suck, I demand some immersion!

Braid seems...ok, would rather have something like Mario Allstars though, now that's a scroller is that. *misty eyed*
curtinparloe
QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 28 2008, 06:10 AM) *
No More Heroes is a singularly weird game, though a definite aquired taste. It's essentially a deconstruction of gaming cliches in which you must carry out tedious tasks to get to the crazy as all hell coolness.
Smash Bros is perfection provided you've got online or have the controllers to play four player at home. Lot's of single player longevity on that too, it's just not as much fun without competition.
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return is a great rerelease of the classic arcade games and works very well. There's a new HOTD soon which if the previews are anything to go by will be a kick ass grindhouse cheese-fest.

I got No More Heroes today.

Hell. Yes.

Thanks Zee!
GundamGuy_UK
I got Crackdown today, because it cost me practically nothing and I've heard it's very fun. Not had a go yet, though.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 15 2009, 10:22 PM) *
I got Crackdown today, because it cost me practically nothing and I've heard it's very fun. Not had a go yet, though.

It is mucho fun.
Drifter
'Exploding Pants' on Fallout 3, what the hell is that all about then?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jan 16 2009, 12:43 PM) *
'Exploding Pants' on Fallout 3, what the hell is that all about then?

Pickpocket someone, then leave a grenade in their inventory I think.

Never tried it myself but I think that's right.
NiteFall
Yep. Or a mine.
monkeyman
It's very amusing.

It's a shame that Star Wars battlefront 3 is (for the time being) cancelled, Dark obi Wan looks awesome:

logger
I like the mysterious stranger.
Rua
That's quite a serious plot change.
GundamGuy_UK
When was this announced?!

I'd have thought they'd have pumped out a few more expansions for 2 first.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 16 2009, 01:12 PM) *

You should, there's an achievement in it for you.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 16 2009, 01:12 PM) *

laugh.gif I'm definitely giving that a go!
Nonus Aequilibrium
Finally completed Horde on Gears 2 tonight, although there were only 3 of us. 860 points now, getting to the point where I've got all the achievements I can be arsed with on that game.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 18 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Finally completed Horde on Gears 2 tonight, although there were only 3 of us. 860 points now, getting to the point where I've got all the achievements I can be arsed with on that game.

I did that with three friends on the first weekend of release, I got booted out of the game at around level 25 so I didn't get the achievement sad.gif. Shitty Live connection.

Cant be arsed doing it again.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jan 18 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I did that with three friends on the first weekend of release, I got booted out of the game at around level 25 so I didn't get the achievement sad.gif. Shitty Live connection.

Cant be arsed doing it again.

You do know you don't have to do it all in one sitting? You can just start again at level 25 and just continue from there. It just remembers all the waves you have done, like I helped a bunch of people at work do 50 ages ago, so I got the achievement last night after completing wave 49.
Jimmay
Finished Fallout 3 yesterday with a good ending then reloaded and played the bad ending as well. It just goes to show that it doesn't really matter how you play the game throughout as you can make whatever choices you fancy whenever you like. I see what Zeden knows about the extra content not making sense if you finish the game with a good ending though. I'd like to see how they get around that. Also, it was a bit annoying as I had Fawkes the Super Mutant with me who would have been able to press the switch without dying but he just said it was my destiny. Bastard. In the end though, I think I did about half of the extra missions so I'll probably play through it again but do different missions and play it evil. Once I got to about level 17 I just ploughed through the main story quest so as not to waste too much XP or time on missions and exploring with no experience gain. Roll on March and the new level cap I say.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I'm not too worried about the level cap, I fully intend to start a brand new evil character anyway when I've finished with my current one.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 19 2009, 09:34 AM) *
I'm not too worried about the level cap, I fully intend to start a brand new evil character anyway when I've finished with my current one.

I'm looking forward to starting an evil character this evening. I may make her a woman actually just to mix it up a bit. I'll be sure to keep my final saved file of my good character as well though so I can decide who to play through the extra content with. I'm hoping that the abundance of different quests that I haven't done yet and locations that I never even went to this time round (such as Evergreen Mills) will mean that I can have a completely different game on this play through.
Llama
I finished Fable 2 a few days ago.... WTF. Where was the ending?

(Yeah, I know I'm severely behind everyone else games-wise. I'll get Fallout 3 soon.)
monkeyman
The ending of Fable 2 was one of the most dissapointing endings i have ever seen ( I didn't play it but I watched Hayleigh playmost of the game) at least with other games that have dissapointing endings (Halo I'm looking at you) you didn't have to level up to get there. I don't understand having an RPG where you can level up and expand your skills, and then throw the final enemy at you in such a way that none of your skills or time put into the game have any impact on his death.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 19 2009, 10:28 AM) *
I finished Fable 2 a few days ago.... WTF. Where was the ending?

(Yeah, I know I'm severely behind everyone else games-wise. I'll get Fallout 3 soon.)

I hated it and it ruined the overall game experience for me. I loved the game and really got into playing it but the ending was such an anticlimax and a downer (as I played the good card) as to retrospectively ruin the game for me despite all the fun I'd have playing it.

Fallout 3 on the other hand has left me wanting to carry on playing it again. The sign of a truly great game I think.
Llama
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 19 2009, 10:39 AM) *
I don't understand having an RPG where you can level up and expand your skills, and then throw the final enemy at you in such a way that none of your skills or time put into the game have any impact on his death.

Exactly. Once I was there in front of Lucien I thought, "Shiiit, this is gonna be hard, ok here goes." Then to effectively have to do nothing at all to defeat him, the final boss, the one the whole game was about... I just don't know what the developers were thinking.

I think I probably will carry on playing it, but I don't know if I'd want to play the whole game again, working through the story and such, just because it doesn't seem worth it now.
NiteFall
I've finally got round to playing Crysis properly. Bugger me but it's good. I was half expecting it to look great, have wonderful physics but play like a giant turd. I'm so glad I was wrong. And there's something deeply satisfying about creeping up on an enemy in stealth mode, grabbing him, switching to strength mode then throwing him into a building hard enough that it collapses.
Drifter
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 19 2009, 09:45 AM) *
I'm looking forward to starting an evil character this evening. I may make her a woman actually just to mix it up a bit. I'll be sure to keep my final saved file of my good character as well though so I can decide who to play through the extra content with. I'm hoping that the abundance of different quests that I haven't done yet and locations that I never even went to this time round (such as Evergreen Mills) will mean that I can have a completely different game on this play through.

Im taking my time and doing the side missions too, nice to be able to have the choice and play a female character. Ive found 66 locations so far and have about 6 map markers added but havent travelled to them yet. Ive heard of a number of locations but havent discovered/got map markers for like Greener Pastures, Oasis, Evergreen Mills and a couple of the Vaults. Anyone know how many locations there are in total?
Jimmay
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jan 19 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Im taking my time and doing the side missions too, nice to be able to have the choice and play a female character. Ive found 66 locations so far and have about 6 map markers added but havent travelled to them yet. Ive heard of a number of locations but havent discovered/got map markers for like Greener Pastures, Oasis, Evergreen Mills and a couple of the Vaults. Anyone know how many locations there are in total?

I figured I'd save the rest of the locations for the second play through. On the Fallout Wiki there are 274 listed locations but not all of them show up on the map. Let's just say a lot and be done with it I suppose.
logger
I'm a little bored with Fallout at the moment. I think I'll have to take a big bite at the main quest.
Ade
I haven't bought a video game in years. I've been giving WipeOut 2097, Wip3Out and Wipeout Fusion an absolute hammering just recently though. Classic times.
Omniscia
I'm playing Fallout 3 again. I've done a Good playthrough, most of an Evil playthrough, and this time I'm just exploring the wasteland.

Despite the tremendous number of hours I've already poured into this game, I'm still discovering new stuff. I especially love the little stories that exist within the game yet aren't explicitly written out. The other day, for instance, I happened upon a small shantytown overrun by ghouls, and inside one of the abandoned shacks was a solitary skeleton in a bathtub, with a toaster in its lap and a couple of empty whiskey bottles laying on the floor.

The game didn't need any words to convey that tragic little vignette.
Drifter
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 19 2009, 10:10 PM) *
I'm playing Fallout 3 again. I've done a Good playthrough, most of an Evil playthrough, and this time I'm just exploring the wasteland.

Despite the tremendous number of hours I've already poured into this game, I'm still discovering new stuff. I especially love the little stories that exist within the game yet aren't explicitly written out. The other day, for instance, I happened upon a small shantytown overrun by ghouls, and inside one of the abandoned shacks was a solitary skeleton in a bathtub, with a toaster in its lap and a couple of empty whiskey bottles laying on the floor.

The game didn't need any words to convey that tragic little vignette.

It does have those little poignant moments when you come across some rooms where the bed has a couple in it (skeletons) laying together, a gun by the bed but you can bet that most players dont really see the signifigance in that discovery, they just see getting an extra weapon and ammo.
logger
Tranquility Lane did my head in a bit.
Drifter
Using the fail safe solution worked for me, didnt have to go round killing everyone then.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jan 20 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Using the fail safe solution worked for me, didnt have to go round killing everyone then.

But then you miss out on all of the fun! wink.gif

I didn't know how to get around doing all of the killing and general evilness, so I just went ahead and done it. I did try to kill the "girl" at first but it was not a wise move. laugh.gif
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Ade @ Jan 19 2009, 08:09 PM) *
Wip3Out

Love it so much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.