Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Rebus
I tried starting a Good game in Fallout 3 but just couldn't help it, and ended up killing anyone I could get away with again, so I'm back to the main game and having got as much of the main quest as I can out of the way, I'm concentrating on exploring as much of the wasteland as possible, and won't stop until I get all the bobbleheads, only three left. Really annoyed though, my lockpick skill in 98 and with being level 20 have no chance of increasing. Anyone know of any ideas or apparel that increased lockpick skill by at least 2?
GundamGuy_UK
Am I the only person playing Fallout 3 good first time?

I thought maybe playing evil would be more fun/easier, and so playing it nicely first is the better option. That's what I did with KotOR.
Omniscia
Heck no, man. I always play good first. To be honest, I find it difficult to play evil, even in a game...
GundamGuy_UK
We're just two do-gooders, I guess.

Check this out:

Not a clue who made it, sorry.
logger
I've been playing good too.

What's the buzz on Wheelman?
monkeyman
QUOTE (Rebus @ Jan 21 2009, 03:36 AM) *
I tried starting a Good game in Fallout 3 but just couldn't help it, and ended up killing anyone I could get away with again, so I'm back to the main game and having got as much of the main quest as I can out of the way, I'm concentrating on exploring as much of the wasteland as possible, and won't stop until I get all the bobbleheads, only three left. Really annoyed though, my lockpick skill in 98 and with being level 20 have no chance of increasing. Anyone know of any ideas or apparel that increased lockpick skill by at least 2?

Theres a jumpsuit or two that do it, I'm sure I got one in Vault 101. If not, drugs always do well, or failing that find two books to get it up to 100.
zeden
QUOTE (Rebus @ Jan 21 2009, 03:36 AM) *
Really annoyed though, my lockpick skill in 98 and with being level 20 have no chance of increasing. Anyone know of any ideas or apparel that increased lockpick skill by at least 2?

Find some skill books. They're called Tumblers Today.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 21 2009, 03:49 AM) *
Am I the only person playing Fallout 3 good first time?

Nope, I played 100% pure good. Never took a reward if I had the option to refuse, never killed an innocent, never stole a penny. Boy was that a tough intro to the game.

Does anyone know where I could get a download of the music from this? I know it's old as hell but I saw it again recently and it brought back some clear memories of playing a Japanese copy of Zero Wing about a year or two before all the hype hit the Engrish translation. Might have a bash at making a Guitar Hero version of it later if I can ind an MP3 to work from.
GundamGuy_UK
I'm not being that good, but I always have good karma.

Done a few bad things, like turning in that android, but also telling him I wouldn't, so I got both rewards, but in things like that I gain and lose karma so it balances out. I'm positive overall, though.
Drifter
Same here, my karma is about balanced but I want to explore the wasteland fully before finishing the last of the main storyline. I need another 5 Bobbleheads to complete the game, will be attacking the Dunwich Building later on to get a BH
Jimmay
I played through being as good as I could be (except for killing Button in the Archives to get the constitution as he wanted me to trek all the way to Arlington Library and I couldn't be arsed.) This play through is quite difficult though as I always struggle being evil as i feel bad. I wasn't doing very well at first as I was just being a shit to everyone as soon as I met them but you really don't get anywhere doing that so I had to tone it down a bit. I'm finding the game a hell of a lot easier though this time around and I'm levelling up pretty rapidly. It's amazing that my experience of the game this time through is so completely different than the first run through yet its the exact same game.

Also, Megatonblowing up is spectacular and I wish I'd saved just before doing it so I could watch it again.

As for the little stories that Omniscia was on about, my favourite one was when you pick up a distress signal from a family that are hiding in a storm drain with their sick son. I hunted for the entrance of it for ages as I thought that with my high medicine skill I'd be able to help them. However, when I eventually found their hiding place they were all dead and clearly had been for a long long time. It was really sad to see them all dead there though and that there was nothing I could do to help
logger
I've still only got 2 bobbleheads.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 21 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I played through being as good as I could be (except for killing Button in the Archives to get the constitution as he wanted me to trek all the way to Arlington Library and I couldn't be arsed.) This play through is quite difficult though as I always struggle being evil as i feel bad. I wasn't doing very well at first as I was just being a shit to everyone as soon as I met them but you really don't get anywhere doing that so I had to tone it down a bit. I'm finding the game a hell of a lot easier though this time around and I'm levelling up pretty rapidly. It's amazing that my experience of the game this time through is so completely different than the first run through yet its the exact same game.

Also, Megatonblowing up is spectacular and I wish I'd saved just before doing it so I could watch it again.

As for the little stories that Omniscia was on about, my favourite one was when you pick up a distress signal from a family that are hiding in a storm drain with their sick son. I hunted for the entrance of it for ages as I thought that with my high medicine skill I'd be able to help them. However, when I eventually found their hiding place they were all dead and clearly had been for a long long time. It was really sad to see them all dead there though and that there was nothing I could do to help

I like all the holotapes from that one family you can find around the wastelands, they each give a number for a door access code, which you can use to get some ammo, equipment and the Experimental MIRV [A fatboy that fires 8 nukes at a time]. Awesome stuff.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 21 2009, 02:13 PM) *
I like all the holotapes from that one family you can find around the wastelands, they each give a number for a door access code, which you can use to get some ammo, equipment and the Experimental MIRV [A fatboy that fires 8 nukes at a time]. Awesome stuff.

I've only found 2 out of the 5 of those holotapes. One was in a ruined church to the east of Arefu and I think the other was in that chapel where you get the Reservists Rifle from that mental ranger bloke.

I honestly didn't think I'd be this hooked the second play through, especially as I only finished it on Sunday but the massive differences in gameplay from my first time round make it seem like a completely new game. Best game of 2008.
Bloomeeney
I'm playing Fallout 3 as a female goodie (mostly). I'm not sure how far through I am yet though - keep doing the side quests at the moment rather than doing the main one. Almost at level 10 and got 3 bobbleheads. Just about to head for Rivet City as part of the Wasteland Guide quest.

I wonder if I will actually be able to play as a bad guy next time - think I have too many morals!!!!!
Jubei
After a very long hiatus, I've started playing GTAIV again. I've picked up where I left off, just completed the Bank Job mission (very Heat) for Packie, amd unlocked his brothers and the third island, and done the first two UL Paper missions. A long break has breathed new life into the game, as I was very bored of it when last I played.
Nonus Aequilibrium
My worry about playing as an evil character is killing an NPC and then finding I can't do a later quest because of it.
Omniscia
QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 21 2009, 06:13 AM) *
Does anyone know where I could get a download of the music from this? I know it's old as hell but I saw it again recently and it brought back some clear memories of playing a Japanese copy of Zero Wing about a year or two before all the hype hit the Engrish translation. Might have a bash at making a Guitar Hero version of it later if I can ind an MP3 to work from.

Check out Zophar's Domain. That link will bring you to their ZeroWing archive. You'll need something to play it back with, too. They've got all sorts of music for all manner of games from most of the major classic consoles, even if it is just audio data that's been pulled from a ROM image (note: you cannot get the ROM from them).

It's not an MP3, but you should be able to record your own, if you know what you're doing.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 21 2009, 03:12 PM) *
My worry about playing as an evil character is killing an NPC and then finding I can't do a later quest because of it.

Thats my worry too, I always think if i kill someone I either won't be able to do a certain quest and/or get cool unique items. i won't be so bothered on a second playthrough though.
NiteFall
Woooo! Dawn of War II beta! Woooo!
zeden
^ENVY!!!

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 21 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Check out Zophar's Domain. That link will bring you to their ZeroWing archive. You'll need something to play it back with, too. They've got all sorts of music for all manner of games from most of the major classic consoles, even if it is just audio data that's been pulled from a ROM image (note: you cannot get the ROM from them).

Thank you kindly, I'll give it a go.
NiteFall
If you have Dawn Of War: Soulstorm then you can get the beta through Steam by simply registering your copy of that.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 18 2009, 07:49 PM) *
You do know you don't have to do it all in one sitting? You can just start again at level 25 and just continue from there. It just remembers all the waves you have done, like I helped a bunch of people at work do 50 ages ago, so I got the achievement last night after completing wave 49.

That's good to hear, although I can't remember exactly where I was kicked out so I'll still have to do it all again, I think.

I recently bought Warhammer: Battlemarch and it's a little bit poo to be honest, there's several decent ideas on the go but it just falls flat.
zeden
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 21 2009, 07:08 PM) *
If you have Dawn Of War: Soulstorm then you can get the beta through Steam by simply registering your copy of that.

I've not got a copy alas. Or Steam. Or a computer good enough to run it at a decent standard.
So that's a fail in general for me then.
I take it that's how you got it? I've got all of them up to Dark Crusade so if you're up for a match we could arrange one sometime?

Shame about the game sucking Seff. Shame about most of the Warhammer RTS games being sucky to boot. If you've not played them, Dawn of War is the series that you want.

Just been looking at info for the new Spore expansion. Looks set to take on and probably trounce Little Big Planet if it's level design editor is as good as it sounds.
Atara
Apart from Little Big Planet is ace and Spore is wank
monkeyman
I'd be interested in seeing more info on it to be honest. Sounds interesting though.

GTA IV DLC Lost and Damned will be 13.60 (Apparantly) That's a bit steep...
GundamGuy_UK
Played Mass Effect a bit ago. I've not been on it in ages, so I've forgotten what's going on a bit, sadly.

I think the last thing I was doing was investigating all the minor systems, and I've now forgotten where I've been. So I just went to the next main planet and did a bit of Geth killing.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 21 2009, 11:13 AM) *

If it's the actual mp3 of this song you want, rather than the Mega Drive music it's based on, then here it is, sir

As for the actual Mega Drive music, these YouTube videos have it - intro and stage 1

Zero Wing is actually a pretty decent game too, though the end credits are very odd if I remember correctly.
Jimmay
QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 22 2009, 07:03 PM) *
Shame about the game sucking Seff. Shame about most of the Warhammer RTS games being sucky to boot. If you've not played them, Dawn of War is the series that you want.

I remember having a Warhammer game called Dark Omen which was surprisingly good for its time. I played that an inordinate amount of time. I wonder where that's gone to actually as I think I only had the disc, no box or anything.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 22 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Played Mass Effect a bit ago. I've not been on it in ages, so I've forgotten what's going on a bit, sadly.

I think the last thing I was doing was investigating all the minor systems, and I've now forgotten where I've been. So I just went to the next main planet and did a bit of Geth killing.

It's a shame that that game captured my imagination so little that I really could not be arsed to play once I got to the first planet. Too much talking and loading. I was thinking of revisiting it but to be honest I'd much rather play through Fallout again or Bioshock.
zeden
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 23 2009, 04:30 AM) *
If it's the actual mp3 of this song you want, rather than the Mega Drive music it's based on, then here it is, sir

Zero Wing is actually a pretty decent game too, though the end credits are very odd if I remember correctly.

Thank you kindly my man, now I just need to spend about five hours dissecting the different bits and figure out how I can get Guitar Hero to make a noise even remotely close to that voice sample. wacko.gif

You're not wrong about Zero Wing either, I loved it from my first play. It's super hard though, I've never managed to finish it despite many attempts. I think that by level 7 I'm always running low on lives and tend to have lost whatever weapon I've powered up thanks to a clumsy death. Might have to give it another bash soon and see if all that Gradius and R-Type I played at work has upped my skill a little.
GundamGuy_UK
What you need to do is make sure you always have a little enemy captured in front of you as a shield.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 22 2009, 07:03 PM) *

It is a major shame, I shall look into the Dawn Of War series but my laptop probably won't be good enough to run it. I'm a console gamer through and through.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 22 2009, 08:50 PM) *
I'd be interested in seeing more info on it to be honest. Sounds interesting though.

GTA IV DLC Lost and Damned will be 13.60 (Apparantly) That's a bit steep...

Just noticed this. I have 3100 points left and can't download without taking my harddrive to a friends house because LIVE only half works at Uni (the multiplayer half, which I guess is more important).

Any word on how much Fallout's DLC is? Because I was hoping to just go and get both without needing to buy more points.
Atara
It is rather sad how entertained I am just sitting watching Chris play metal gear Online.

I barely play anything myself these days
logger
I hate watching other people play.
monkeyman
I think it would depend on what I was watching. I didn't mind watching Lost Oddysey for the most part, but I think I'd hate to sit and watch someone play a FIFA game.

Started replaying Silent Hill 2, it is nice to reaffirm my opinion on how creepy and under the skin the soundscape gets. It's an incredible game still.
fatseff1234
I need a job.
curtinparloe
My last two games until I have some money again (at least 6 months judging by my statement!) are Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii.
I only got Zelda for the Twilight Hack, but I think I'm going to like it as a game. And I'm loving Smash Bros, despite being atrocious at it. If anyone wants to play it online, send me a PM for my 300-digit online code.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I just found out I missed a bobblehead in a location I can never return to now, which means either replaying about 2 hour's gameplay if I really wanted it. I hate it when games do that.
zeden
Raven Rock? Or Vault 101?
Either way, you should have checked properly before leaving. tongue.gif

I'm off out tonight to another Guitar Hero comp. This time I gather they play on Hard so hopefully I'll be able to school everyone. Cash prize and 20 pints of their finest booze if I win. Wish me luck...
Nonus Aequilibrium
Raven Rock, but there's no warning that you won't be able to return until after it's too late anyway. You just go through a door and it locks it behind you... and going through doors triggers autosaves, which means I couldn't even have jumped back through that either.
sweetbutinsane
I'm terrible at finding bobbleheads. I only have two so far.
Nonus Aequilibrium
Games Radar does have a guide with videos to all their locations if you get that stuck finding them. I prefer to find things myself but they're so ridiculously easy to miss I decided to at least look up their approximate locations so I had an idea where to look.
Rebus
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 26 2009, 09:21 AM) *
Games Radar does have a guide with videos to all their locations if you get that stuck finding them. I prefer to find things myself but they're so ridiculously easy to miss I decided to at least look up their approximate locations so I had an idea where to look.

Yeah I almost missed that one entirely, and would have in fact if I hadn't saved before that door that locks. The one in Evergreen Mills is also extremely easy to miss.

If you don't mind being just slightly cheaty and not having to go back through hours of gameply, you can always get one through console.
Nonus Aequilibrium
Not on 360 I can't...
Drifter
I use The Vault wiki to find the general locations of the bobbleheads I need to find.

The Vault
Jimmay
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jan 26 2009, 11:57 AM) *
I use The Vault wiki to find the general locations of the bobbleheads I need to find.

The Vault

I use that as well so that I don't leave an area without collecting it. I'm on 6 so far on this playthrough I think but I only got 6 in total on my first play through and missed the one at Raven Rock. I'm being more careful this time around.
bigfatrich
Bobbleheads? I'm having all on just to stop getting horribly killed in every encounter with a nasty thing.
monkeyman
Was gonna download the REsi5 demo but you need gold (at the moment) -,-.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 26 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Was gonna download the REsi5 demo but you need gold (at the moment) -,-.

Ooo. I saw that but I assumed it was a demo movie not a playable one. I'll have to check that out when I get home.
monkeyman
Apparantly the 360 has the demo exclusively for a week, so I'll just wait till next week and get it on the PSN, I always find it such bullshit that you need a gold account to get demos without delays. It's stupid.

I'm interested to see what it's like as it's meant to look very pretty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.