Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Nonus Aequilibrium
I got myself a 120 GB hard drive so I've got almost every game I've played in the past 3 or 4 months installed on it... Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears 2, NHL 09, Fifa 09, UT3, BK N&B, Dead Space, and I've still got tons of room left. It makes a huge difference to the sound, because the 360 without the DVD drive running isn't all that noisy.
Llama
Is there anywhere that sells quite cheap hard drives for the 360? I've only got 20GB so I can only really fit three games on there tops which is a little annoying.
Drifter
QUOTE (Llama @ Feb 3 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Is there anywhere that sells quite cheap hard drives for the 360? I've only got 20GB so I can only really fit three games on there tops which is a little annoying.

Cheapest youll probably find will be on Ebay other than that youll be looking to pay in excess of 70 on other independant sites.
Llama
Shame. Thanks anyway!
Rua
So, I bought Fallout 3. I hold some of you responsible.
logger
QUOTE (Rua @ Feb 4 2009, 10:10 PM) *

Say goodbye to the rest of the world for a while.
Drifter

Well done
Jimmay

It's great.

I think it may be the only game that I actually 100% on acheivement points (that is, if I can be bothered to play through again with neutral karma.)

I only have 4 more missions to complete which I'll crack on with this evening, and 4 more bobbleheads.
NiteFall
Has anyone else played the DLC for that yet? I managed to tear through it in a day and was more than mildly disappointed as a result.
Nonus Aequilibrium
The Daily Mail are at it again.
logger
As much as the Daily Mail can fuck off, it wouldn't surprise me if the media do have some contributory factor in the behaviour of society at large BUT as has been said before people have always been violent and promiscuous. A lot of these 'all games turn everyone into killers' articles are just as much to blame as anything else because of their outright ignorance.
empathy-with-beast
Surely it would be ludicrously easy to produce a study like the ones you always get in the Daily Mail that proves that the Daily Mail promotes feelings of hatred and racist sentiment.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 5 2009, 01:17 PM) *
Surely it would be ludicrously easy to produce a study like the ones you always get in the Daily Mail that proves that the Daily Mail promotes feelings of hatred and racist sentiment.

That's what I was thinking earlier. The only thing that makes me feel violent is the Daily Mail.
monkeyman
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Feb 5 2009, 11:40 AM) *
Has anyone else played the DLC for that yet? I managed to tear through it in a day and was more than mildly disappointed as a result.

It seems to be getting meh reviews around the interwebs.

Killzone 2 demo should be on the PSN tonight, quite looking forward to that.
Jessopjessopjessop
I played Halo 3 until 2am this morning. It's quite repetitive but the scenery and lighting and alien stuff is really cool.
monkeyman
Apparantly the Halo Wars demo is out on the marketplace today, quite clever planning by Microsoft since it coincides with the release of the Killzone 2 demo release. That are just a really interesting coincidence. It will undoubtedly be for gold members only at the moment though.

I got hold of the Resident evil 5 demo on the PSN. Should really be called Meh-sident Evil (sorry), it is clunky and unresponsive and really plays the "trapped in close quarters with people trying to rape me" card too often. It was quite adrenalin inducing in RE4 with those moments when you'd be getting approached from all sides, but just in the short time spent with the demo (a bit unfair to judge it based solely on that i guess) it seems that is going to be the main state of play. And it is really annoying and cumbersome to try and play like that with the incredibly slow and clunky shooting mechanics.
Still, it apparantly has interesting boss characters. Might rent it.
Jubei
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 5 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Apparantly Halo Wars is out on the marketplace today,

I assume you mean a demo, and not a full price downloadable game. I guess I'll be trying that out tonight. I've been waiting for an RTS designed for a console from the ground up. I know it'll be dumbed down but should be interesting to try out all the same.
monkeyman
Yeah i just meant a demo, have edited my post.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 5 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I assume you mean a demo, and not a full price downloadable game. I guess I'll be trying that out tonight. I've been waiting for an RTS designed for a console from the ground up. I know it'll be dumbed down but should be interesting to try out all the same.

I tried that about a year ago, it was pretty good from what I remember.
monkeyman
Killzone 2 is very pretty and very fun. Even though the only difficulty is "Normal" the enemy AI is still pretty smart, they are good at getting behind you or to your flanks if you aren't careful. Smoke effects and lighting is just incredible, I like the muzzle flash your weapon makes in dark places.

The hit responses of enemies is awesome as well, it's great seeing enemies reacting to where they're being shot, I am going to have to play on the hardest difficulty avialable I think though as they did all go down a bit to easy.

The voice acting is pretty bad, which is a shame; though in honesty it does seem to be a staple of sci-fi shooters really laugh.gif
Kick in the Head
Okay, so I've only really just started playing Guitar Hero (number III), and I know we have some truly seasoned players out there. Any tips for newcomers like moi when making the big step up to Hard mode? Obviously, you've gotta really start moving those fingers about, but has anyone got any little tricks beyond just practice again and again (which I'm doing anyway)? I am particularly not a fan of doing both Red and Blue at the same time - hands weren't meant to do that.
Rua
Skimmed through the beginning of Fallout 3 & shall get some honest time in at some point over the weekend, I hope.

Already I can see it has massive potential but will be hugely time consuming if I get sucked into it. Do I have time for this?
Jimmay
QUOTE (Rua @ Feb 6 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Skimmed through the beginning of Fallout 3 & shall get some honest time in at some point over the weekend, I hope.

Already I can see it has massive potential but will be hugely time consuming if I get sucked into it. Do I have time for this?

I don't...but yet I seem to make time for it. It's a bit upsetting to be honest.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Feb 6 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Okay, so I've only really just started playing Guitar Hero (number III), and I know we have some truly seasoned players out there. Any tips for newcomers like moi when making the big step up to Hard mode? Obviously, you've gotta really start moving those fingers about, but has anyone got any little tricks beyond just practice again and again (which I'm doing anyway)? I am particularly not a fan of doing both Red and Blue at the same time - hands weren't meant to do that.

It's really all just familiarity with where the buttons are and knowing exactly where your hand is without having to look that makes all the difference. The middle button of the five has a notch in it which helps you feel which one it is. I move my hand all over the place depending on the song, sometimes it's easier to use your stronger fingers higher up the buttons to try and play something tricky than it is to keep your hand rigidly in place and play the same thing with your little finger, but then you have to be ready to be able to move back again if necessary.

You'll also need to get used to up and down strumming for faster bits too in some songs. Down strumming only can get bloody tiring.
Bloomeeney
QUOTE (Rua @ Feb 6 2009, 12:57 PM) *

Hee hee , thank whichever deity you believe in for the snow-day yesterday!! I admit though it is very time-consuming - seem to have been playing for ages and still gots loads to do and only explored about 20% of the game area
zeden
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Feb 6 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Okay, so I've only really just started playing Guitar Hero (number III), and I know we have some truly seasoned players out there. Any tips for newcomers like moi when making the big step up to Hard mode?

Move to Hard bass first, then guitar. If memory serves you can't just play career on bass in GH3 so you might have to do quick play or practice. I know a few people I've ear bashed into getting better and they've all said that stepping up to hard on bass first made the transition to guitar easier.
Aside from that my only advice is keep a cool head. Missing notes on higher levels can make it hard to find your place if you start frantically hammering buttons. Resign yourself to missing four or five notes and get back on track asap.

Only got Satch Boogie and BYOB left on Expert guitar on the latest game. Might have to give them a bash over the weekend. I'll probably be trying to finish co-op career online too, if anyone cares to help out.
Rua
My Dad is Liam Neeson?

I can believe that.
monkeyman
Dead rising 2 trailer leaked
I spot a new "mode of transport. Hopefully they remove the time constraints on the main game.

Did anyone get the Halo Wars demo? I'm quite interested to hear what people think of it.
Omniscia
QUOTE (zeden @ Feb 6 2009, 11:40 AM) *
I'll probably be trying to finish co-op career online too, if anyone cares to help out.

I'm up for some, if it makes the game any more enjoyable... Or, really, any bit enjoyable at all.
Rebus
QUOTE (Rua @ Feb 7 2009, 05:20 AM) *
My Dad is Liam Neeson?

I can believe that.

I was fairly confused, I grew up pretty close to him, and am friends with his nephew so didn't quite know what to think. I'm taking a bit of a break from Fallout 3 and clocking in some time on LOTRO. I was never into mmorpgs but this one has me a little addicted.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Dead rising 2 trailer leaked
I spot a new "mode of transport. Hopefully they remove the time constraints on the main game.

Did anyone get the Halo Wars demo? I'm quite interested to hear what people think of it.

Dead Rising 2 seems good to me. Looks to be set in Vegas, or somewhere close thematically.
That voice at the end makes me think that there's going ot be some kind of fire bomb strike to wipe out the city, you've got to make and escape before it does. I'd be surprised if they completely removed the time constraint element for the main game. I really liked being forced to think hard about my actions and not just aimlessly muck about.
No sign of Frank, though he's surely got to have survived the first game because Isabella gets a mention during the trailer and she would have been screwed without him at the end of the first game.

Played the tutorial and first level of Halo Wars. Felt like the lightest RTS I've ever played. Victory was a case of putting unit a next to unit b and waiting. The impression I get is that the unit choices are very limited and as such tactics are too. The first level provided absolutely no tactical option apart from moving the units next to each other to fight. I'm unimpressed, but mostly because it's not as much fun as C&C.
Omniscia
QUOTE (zeden @ Feb 7 2009, 08:26 AM) *
I really liked being forced to think hard about my actions and not just aimlessly muck about.

And I really like just aimlessly mucking about.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (zeden @ Feb 6 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Move to Hard bass first, then guitar. If memory serves you can't just play career on bass in GH3 so you might have to do quick play or practice. I know a few people I've ear bashed into getting better and they've all said that stepping up to hard on bass first made the transition to guitar easier.
Aside from that my only advice is keep a cool head. Missing notes on higher levels can make it hard to find your place if you start frantically hammering buttons. Resign yourself to missing four or five notes and get back on track asap.

Only got Satch Boogie and BYOB left on Expert guitar on the latest game. Might have to give them a bash over the weekend. I'll probably be trying to finish co-op career online too, if anyone cares to help out.

Yeah I'm stuck on Satch Boogie, BYOB and Hot For Teacher at the moment. Annoying really as every other song up to those I completed on first or second attempt on expert.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Hopefully they remove the time constraints on the main game.

I hope they don't. That was part of the gameplay.
monkeyman
Meh, I guess I just didn't enjoy that aspect of it, I felt that I didn't have time to explore and discover things outside of what you might discover doing the main game. You got some free time to explore, but would always have to be mindful to return to the safety room in time which I didn't like.

QUOTE (Rebus @ Feb 7 2009, 03:13 AM) *
I was fairly confused, I grew up pretty close to him, and am friends with his nephew so didn't quite know what to think. I'm taking a bit of a break from Fallout 3 and clocking in some time on LOTRO. I was never into mmorpgs but this one has me a little addicted.

What do you play as in LOTRO? The game is excellent though it would be nice if you cvould level through grinding mobs instead of grinding quests.
Atara
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 7 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Meh, I guess I just didn't enjoy that aspect of it, I felt that I didn't have time to explore and discover things outside of what you might discover doing the main game. You got some free time to explore, but would always have to be mindful to return to the safety room in time which I didn't like.

I think it is a good thing, too much freedom would mean if I played it I'd piss around for hours, get bored and never touch it again. At least the time constraints give it some challenge.
fatseff1234
Dead Rising 2? Awwwww, yeah!

Time constraints remain!

Fallout 3 DLC? It's poo but the end results almost make up for it. Ga(u?)ss Rifle!!!!
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Feb 7 2009, 10:10 AM) *
Yeah I'm stuck on Satch Boogie, BYOB and Hot For Teacher at the moment. Annoying really as every other song up to those I completed on first or second attempt on expert.

I didn't find any of those songs that hard to beat on expert. My nephew was complaining that he could beat those songs and I never could. About 20-30 minutes later I proved him wrong. I think that the songs on World Tour were much easier than GH:III and I'm not the best when it comes to Guitar Hero.

My friend got his Playstation 3 hooked up to his internet and he bought Call of Duty: World At War. I was playing it for a bit and managed to knife two people in a row which I think is a great feat considering I was dieing within seconds every time I spawned. I never played online before I noticed that there are really some people out there who whine a lot. I thought it was hilarious listening to some guy string together a list of profanities. laugh.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Feb 7 2009, 07:28 PM) *
I didn't find any of those songs that hard to beat on expert. My nephew was complaining that he could beat those songs and I never could. About 20-30 minutes later I proved him wrong. I think that the songs on World Tour were much easier than GH:III and I'm not the best when it comes to Guitar Hero.

To be fair, I've only had about 2 attempts at Satch Boogie and Hot For Teacher, and then thought "they look like they'll need some practice, I'll do that later"... and haven't done yet. I don't get BYOB though. I'm convinced I've got that rhythm right at the beginning yet it still fails me every time.
UnderSpaced
I thought I needed practice with Take This Life in Guitar Hero 3. About 50 tries later I still cannot get past the first part. That song and Through the Fire and Flames are the only songs in my way from completing every song. Have you beaten them? If so, any suggestions on how to beat them?
curtinparloe
Hot For Teacher? BYOB? Satch Boogie?

Criminy, I really need to revisit GH3.
monkeyman
So I was reading an article about Konami banning a bunch of people for cheating/glitching in Metal Gear Online and in the comments someone posted this video of griefing in TF2, the second half is gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ...online-accounts

It would make me so angry if someone did that where I played, I used to knife people using aimbots on my own team in BF2, but still, it made me laugh.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 7 2009, 09:18 PM) *
So I was reading an article about Konami banning a bunch of people for cheating/glitching in Metal Gear Online and in the comments someone posted this video of griefing in TF2, the second half is gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ...online-accounts

It would make me so angry if someone did that where I played, I used to knife people using aimbots on my own team in BF2, but still, it made me laugh.

Pretty annoying, and hilarious
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Feb 7 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I thought I needed practice with Take This Life in Guitar Hero 3. About 50 tries later I still cannot get past the first part. That song and Through the Fire and Flames are the only songs in my way from completing every song. Have you beaten them? If so, any suggestions on how to beat them?

I think I beat Take This Life, but I'm not sure now. I am a big In Flames fan though and I knew that song like the back of my hand before even trying it. It's just all off-beat at the start, if you strum up and down I tend to do the stronger notes (the ones in time with the snare drum) on the upwards strum.
sweetbutinsane
Playing on Tomb Raider: Legend today has made me want Tomb Raider: Underworld.
Omniscia
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Feb 7 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Hot For Teacher? BYOB? Satch Boogie?

Criminy, I really need to revisit GH3.

Dude, that's GHWT, not GH3.
fatseff1234
The Bourne Conspiracy is actually a good laugh. It's not ground-breaking or anything but it's a fresh take on a somewhat stale genre (stealthy third-person actiony fun!).

I have yet to witness any driving sequences but the combat is fresh and fun whilst shooting takes a back-seat but stays reasonable.

You can pick it up for 15-20 and is well worth the pennies.

Overlord, however seems like a Pikmin rip off with magic and funny beasties. It's a bit dissapointing at the moment but I am only a little way through it (an hour or two) so there's room for improvement yet.

Hurry up Alan Wake, I need an innovation fix! (If you're a dissapointment I shall personally hunt down all developers and remove body parts!)
monkeyman
Whats the story/dialogue in Overlord like? I think Terry Pratchetts daughter wrote it and I've heard it's quite amusing.
bigfatrich
Having stopped being a spack, have returned to Fallout3 and re-visited a lot of places and am now really, really enjoying it.
I went about it arse about face in the beginning which turned out to be frustrating and rubbish.
Rua
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Feb 9 2009, 03:27 PM) *
Having stopped being a spack, have returned to Fallout3 and re-visited a lot of places and am now really, really enjoying it.
I went about it arse about face in the beginning which turned out to be frustrating and rubbish.

What did you do wrong?
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 9 2009, 03:26 PM) *
Whats the story/dialogue in Overlord like? I think Terry Pratchetts daughter wrote it and I've heard it's quite amusing.

I believe that's Overlord 2 you'll be thinking of.

Overlord's dialogue attempts to be sattirical and flamboyant with hammy camp undertones but just falls flat and becomes skip-worthy drivel. By far the worst point of the game so far. Mindst you the Yoda rip off gave it instant bad marks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.