Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
monkeyman
QUOTE (zeden @ Feb 13 2009, 07:58 AM) *
I've waffled on enough so in closing, it's hardcore and it's traditional. Were I not keeping my mind occupied with listening to audio books while I play I think it would be a struggle to keep going thanks to it's reliance on making you grind a lot to level your characters up at some points and its lack of heavy characterization and plotting. As it is it's hard and that's what I look for in my JRPGs these days, so I'm happy enough.
So much for keeping this thing short I guess...

Meh, sounds sort of interesting, but your closing comment really killed any thought of me giving it a go.
Atara
I think I'll give it a miss. I want to get around to playing Lost Odyssey again soon though, I liked that lots.
GundamGuy_UK
So what am I getting for my MS Point next week in The Lost and the Damned?
Lazlo Woodbine
I've been playing Magic: The Gathering online. Anyone else play?
Omniscia
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Feb 10 2009, 02:57 PM) *
I don't think so, since there's so many of them.

They make good and plentiful ammo for the Rock-It Launcher, as do all those rusty tin cans...

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 12 2009, 05:50 PM) *
But that means it'll grow up under the false impression the Final Fantasy VII is the best one!

When it's actually VIII.

Everybody knows VI is the best! tongue.gif
GundamGuy_UK
The intro credits music for VI came on while I was going to sleep last night, and got me thinking - I really can't remember anything about that game other than it having a massive cast.
logger
Don't anybody tell the Daily Mail Those crazy Japanese.
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 13 2009, 01:11 PM) *
So what am I getting for my MS Point next week in The Lost and the Damned?

A few hours worth of new missions, some new weapons and music (though from the sounds of it you'll have to pay to download some of the music, it isn't quite clear) and free online multiplayer for GTA/Lost and Damned when it is released. You will essentially have Gold membership for the game and expansion for a short time.

Also: Rapelay laugh.gif
monkeyman
New God of War 3 trailer

Looks friggin awesome.
GundamGuy_UK
One thing I can't find a solid answer for - will the new cars and music appear in the main GTA4 game, or just in the expansion missions?
GundamGuy_UK

Julie
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 13 2009, 05:59 AM) *
I've rediscovered this now that I have a few more mates with it as I think it's cheap on Play (20?) It really is great fun to play with friends, just ask Julie.

A game over the weekend, perhaps?
curtinparloe
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 14 2009, 03:09 AM) *

laugh.gif
Baz
Left 4 Dead is fun although I did make the mistake of playing it on the hardest skill setting at my first attempt at the game.

I lasted about a minute.

D'oh!

biggrin.gif
Everlong
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 14 2009, 03:09 AM) *

WHAT YOU SAY?!
GundamGuy_UK
YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME
Nonus Aequilibrium
I just got Left 4 Dead this weekend too.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Feb 14 2009, 01:19 PM) *
I just got Left 4 Dead this weekend too.

So did every man and his dog. The joys of it being flogged off cheap. It now means there are loads of people playing it online which is what the game really needs.

QUOTE (Julie @ Feb 14 2009, 05:49 AM) *
A game over the weekend, perhaps?

Perhaps indeed. Maybe sometime tomorrow. Look for me on the line.
GundamGuy_UK
I have it, and I've only ever played once. It's only worth doing if you have 3 team mates who aren't going to arse around.

Gamertag in my sig if anyone fancies a game.
zeden
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 14 2009, 12:57 PM) *
YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME

Got a big lol from me for that pic. God I love Zero Wing. Ah, geekery...
monkeyman
I feel quite bad about not paying for PSP games. The PSP itself has sold pretty well (something like 50 million) but the software sells like crap because of dirty pirates. If I had more money I'd happily pay for games but I can't really face buying PS3 games and PSP games, especially with the amount of games I like to play and would potentially pay for. Oh well.

Been playing a bit of Thief Deadly Shadows, I'm not sure if it's for me. It has some fantastic elements to it such as different arrows like water arrows to put out torches and noise arrows to distract people etc, but the enemy AI and sight is atrocious. I will play it a bit more as I've barely got past the first to introduction levels and I'm interested to see how the open world side of it is, and also try out the climbing gloves.
sweetbutinsane
Finally bought Fable II. Glad to see they kept the whole chicken kicking thing; it really amused me on the first one. happy.gif
Rua
Goddammit. I'm hooked now.

I don't have time for this.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Rua @ Feb 16 2009, 11:24 AM) *

Another one bites the dust.

Sarah bought me Scene It: Box Office Smash which is great fun and already has a load more questions on Xbox Live. Unfortunately (despite beating me in one of 3 rounds last night) there's not much of a challenge playing Sarah and I'm as yet unbeaten. I shall have to hunt around for some more worthy adversaries.
bigfatrich
QUOTE (Rua @ Feb 16 2009, 11:24 AM) *

Fallout 3? Me too. I've clocked up 20 hours now and it's still not getting boring.
maian
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 16 2009, 11:42 AM) *
Another one bites the dust.

Sarah bought me Scene It: Box Office Smash which is great fun and already has a load more questions on Xbox Live. Unfortunately (despite beating me in one of 3 rounds last night) there's not much of a challenge playing Sarah and I'm as yet unbeaten. I shall have to hunt around for some more worthy adversaries.

I'd take you on, but my housemates will probably beat me if I buy it.
Jimmay
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 16 2009, 03:15 PM) *
I'd take you on, but my housemates will probably beat me if I buy it.

Physically or Mentally?
NiteFall
I have to say I'm liking the single player campaign in Dawn of War II so far. It's restrictive, but in a good way, forcing you to make good tactical decisions both with how you use your troops, but also with what troops you choose to deploy and what gear you choose to give them. I'm certainly enjoying it more than the single player campaign mode in any of the original Dawn of War games, which could pretty much be beaten with a basic rock-paper-scissors approach depending on what enemy you were facing.
Drifter
I finally put down Fallout 3 and Ive just started F.E.A.R 2, looking good so far, I was worried that it couldnt top the first one which was a fantastic game so I will have to play on a bit further before giving it a proper thumbs up.
NiteFall
Oh yeah, I'm playing that as well. Just got to where you start encountering freaky wall climbing mutant bastards rather than just idiot spec ops guys and I'm glad to say it maintains the same levels of creepy tension combined with stupid "AAH! SHIT!" jump scares that made the first one so fun.
sweetbutinsane
Fable II is rather addictive.
Nonus Aequilibrium
The strange thing about playing Lamb Of God songs on Rock Band on drums is that it's my left leg that gets the most tired... the only limb that you're not meant to move.
fatseff1234
FEAR 2 is a good game that is severely lacking an ending. Scariest part of it was the Nuke.

Fucking bombs.

Othert han that it was a solid game with the usual AI goodness of old.
Jimmay
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Feb 17 2009, 07:10 PM) *
I have to say I'm liking the single player campaign in Dawn of War II so far. It's restrictive, but in a good way, forcing you to make good tactical decisions both with how you use your troops, but also with what troops you choose to deploy and what gear you choose to give them. I'm certainly enjoying it more than the single player campaign mode in any of the original Dawn of War games, which could pretty much be beaten with a basic rock-paper-scissors approach depending on what enemy you were facing.

I really want to play this but I don't think my PC is up to it. I really need to upgrade to a decent gaming PC but I honestly wouldn't know where to start, especially as I'll be on a budget. Any tips anyone?
Outatime
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 16 2009, 11:42 AM) *

We've got the first Scene It but I'm hunting to see how cheaply I can get the second one because it's a brilliant game. We bought my parents the board game of it for Christmas, and that's good too.

Can anyone with any version of Rock Band tell me if it's possible just to practice bits of songs on it?
monkeyman
I'm fairly certain that option is available.

Locoroco 2 is fun, and the Resistance Retribution demo was awesome. The PSP has some fantastic games already and has some fantastic games on the way, it's a shame that Sony have decided to pretty much not advertise or market for the damn thing.

Just waiting for Killzone two in just over a week, quite looking forward to that.
Outatime
Then my downstairs neighbours must have bought Rock Band to go with their new stupid telly and sound system because the same bit of song was vibrating through my table over and over again yesterday evening.
NiteFall
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 18 2009, 08:53 AM) *
I really want to play this but I don't think my PC is up to it. I really need to upgrade to a decent gaming PC but I honestly wouldn't know where to start, especially as I'll be on a budget. Any tips anyone?

What spec is your PC at the moment? It might be an aidea to gradually upgrade that until you find yourself with something that's in the same case but has none of the original components.
Jimmay
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Feb 18 2009, 11:01 AM) *
What spec is your PC at the moment? It might be an aidea to gradually upgrade that until you find yourself with something that's in the same case but has none of the original components.

It was a prebuilt HP one that I got through a mate of mine who works in IT. It's about 2 years old now though. I'm not 100% sure of the specs so I'll have a check and post it when I get home but as it's pre built I'm not sure how easy an upgrade would be. Also, I've had nothing but trouble with hardware clashes etc when building my own PC's and this one has been as stable as Jesus' house so I'm kind of loathed to go down that route again unless I can find a safe way of doing it.
Llama
Damn you eBay people, all I want is Fallout 3 for around 20 so I can see what everyone's been going on about for the last few months!
Rua
QUOTE (Llama @ Feb 18 2009, 11:59 AM) *
Damn you eBay people, all I want is Fallout 3 for around 20 so I can see what everyone's been going on about for the last few months!

I got it in a 2 for 30 bundle or 19.99 each at Game.
Llama
Maybe I'll go have another look in town today then, but I think it's been near RRP every time I've been in there so far. I probably missed one of their deals like I did with Fable II. Bastards.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Every time I've looked for Fallout 3 around Cardiff I can't find it at all. I will have another look soon, although I can't really spare much time for playing games until I secure another job.

Did pre-order my copy of RE5 (special edition obviously) the other day. I've been purposely avoiding playing the demo or watching anyone playing it. Might have to take a few days off work for this one.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 18 2009, 08:53 AM) *

I'm in a similar position, except that I can't afford a new PC. I've been looking at getting a new MEDION from Aldi, as my parents bought one recently, and it plays Team Fortress 2 about a hundred times better than my current PC (I have pretty much everything turned off). I don't know how it'd handle the newest games though (Left4Dead, Fallout 3, etc).
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Feb 18 2009, 12:24 PM) *
I've been purposely avoiding playing the demo or watching anyone playing it.

Hmmm...
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Actually I have seen some of RE5 being played at the E3 but I like not to end up replaying bits of games whenever possible so I don't really play demos much anyway.

I'm pretty certain I'm going to enjoy RE5 as it seems to have retained most of the basic mechanics of RE4, which I loved. I am quite excited about it now.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Feb 18 2009, 02:33 PM) *
...it seems to have retained most of the basic mechanics of RE4

It is Resident Evil 4, just with some ropey AI sidekick thrown in and they've changed the character models.
Jimmay
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Feb 18 2009, 11:01 AM) *

OK then, here goes.

My current PC is a HP Pavillion Intel® Pentium® 3.00Ghz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache, 2GB RAM. It just about ran C&C 3 and struggled a bit with Company of Heroes. Any tips?
NiteFall
I'd recommend a good graphics card, the one you have is 2 (nearly 3) generations out of date. I'm thinking if you spend about 100-150 on something like a GeForce 8800 you'd actually get pretty good performance on most things.
Jimmay
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Feb 18 2009, 02:59 PM) *
I'd recommend a good graphics card, the one you have is 2 (nearly 3) generations out of date. I'm thinking if you spend about 100-150 on something like a GeForce 8800 you'd actually get pretty good performance on most things.

Hurrah. I'm just wondering whether it'll break the system I'm running though as it all comes on a partition drive and installs itself etc. I don't know how kindly it would take to a new graphics card. Hopefully I'd just be able to take the old one out and clip in a new one but I'm not sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.