Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 26 2009, 02:49 PM) *
And you did buy those discs, right..? wink.gif

I have owned all three of the PsOne era Finl Fantasy's but My copy of 8 messed up after the sewers and I couldn't return the game because I lost the manual, so Yes!
sweetbutinsane
Fable 2: A friend told me today that if you marry Lady Grey (part of a quest where you help the gravekeeper bring her back to life in the hopes that she'll fall in love with him), she eats your baby (if you have one).

I don't know whether to believe him or not.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Apr 28 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Fable 2: A friend told me today that if you marry Lady Grey (part of a quest where you help the gravekeeper bring her back to life in the hopes that she'll fall in love with him), she eats your baby (if you have one).

I don't know whether to believe him or not.

Groovy!
Everlong
The original Max Payne is coming to Xbox Live. Awesome.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Everlong @ Apr 28 2009, 09:45 PM) *
The original Max Payne is coming to Xbox Live. Awesome.

As is the even better sequel. Possibly the most enjoyable eight hours I've spent on a game.

I think I've played it through about ten times.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Apr 29 2009, 09:54 AM) *
As is the even better sequel. Possibly the most enjoyable eight hours I've spent on a game.

I think I've played it through about ten times.

Wow, short game.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Apr 29 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Wow, short game.

It is very short, but I'd take eight hours of constant (and I really do mean constant, there's no bit of the game that drags even slightly) fun over all these games that drag things out over 15 hours with padding and grind.

Sometimes that is all I want from a 3rd person shooter. It's totally worth playing.
zeden
Max Payne 2 kicks ass indeed. I love the comic book cut scenes and overall noir theme, not to mention the fantastically cheesy dialog and in game "TV shows".

Soul Calibur:Broken Destiny revealed. I'm curious to see this new character that's been hinted at, shame I don't have a PSP really.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (zeden @ Apr 30 2009, 09:29 AM) *
Max Payne 2 kicks ass indeed. I love the comic book cut scenes and overall noir theme, not to mention the fantastically cheesy dialog and in game "TV shows".

Soul Calibur:Broken Destiny revealed. I'm curious to see this new character that's been hinted at, shame I don't have a PSP really.

I shall be purchasing.

Lets just hope the online element contains less lag.

Anyone fancy going up against me when this hits the shelves?
monkeyman
I will beat your ass into the ground smile.gif
zeden
Alas I'm stuck with SC4, but if you're ever up for a kicking then I'll gladly oblige. Also, I'd suggest never playing matches against anyone with less than 4 connection strength to avoid the lag.

Really wish you played it on the 360 Chris, Soul Calibur really isn't the same since our regular practice sessions ended. I'm longing to see if the extra practice with Astaroth could stand up against some of your bastardly tactics.
monkeyman
I haven't played in soooo long, tried to exchange it a few weeks ago in fact but they only offered me 8 for it.....
Atara
The opening video on the Wolverine Origins demo is awesome. I may watch it many times
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 30 2009, 10:44 PM) *
I will beat your ass into the ground smile.gif

Mitsurugi vs Mitsurugi methinks.

And Zeden I have traded in my 360, but I do plan on getting aother.

They shoould make a controller to plug into the PSP, I'm scared of the thin-ness of it all.
Rua
I am unashamedly enjoying WWE Legends of WrestleMania although I did have to upload the correct music for Big Boss Man & most importantly Ravishing Rick Rude.
NiteFall
I started playing the new Wolverine game today and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by how good it is. And by how bloody and violent it is. Which is good, I'm sick of X-Men and Wolverine games where his razor sharp claws for whatever reason never cause anything more serious than a paper cut.
monkeyman
It is pretty fun, though I'd be more likely to rent than buy, it is a bit glitchy and I imagine repetetive. Bloody good fun though, and the opening video is awexome, are there more cutscenes like that?
monkeyman
New Thief game to (maybe) be announced Awesome
Jimmay
Downloaded all three DLC's for Fallout 3 last night and sat down to pick up where I left off at the end of my EVOL character's playthrough but found I had no idea how to play it anymore. I therefore did the only sensible thing and started another playthrough, this time I'm going for the neutral acheivements as well as the 50 speech challenges, behemoths, weaponsmith and 100 locations acheivements. I have a feeling that Fallout 3 will be the first game in which I get full acheivement points. I can smell it!
sweetbutinsane
My friend likes to show off about how he's the only person with full achievements for Fallout 3 on all of his friends' friendlists.

I told him his two friends must be gutted, then ran for it before he realised what I'd said.
zeden
Yeah, because everyone envies high gamerscores and all... happy.gif

Really wish they'd add a genuine incentive to that system, the only thing I use it for is...I genuinely thought there was a reason I ever looked at it but in reality it's nothing more than a quick glance to assess how much of the game someone's finished and then I forget about it.
Still, the noise is always strangely satisfying when you unlock one, as fruitless as it is.
Jimmay
QUOTE (zeden @ May 7 2009, 08:10 AM) *
Yeah, because everyone envies high gamerscores and all... happy.gif

Really wish they'd add a genuine incentive to that system, the only thing I use it for is...I genuinely thought there was a reason I ever looked at it but in reality it's nothing more than a quick glance to assess how much of the game someone's finished and then I forget about it.
Still, the noise is always strangely satisfying when you unlock one, as fruitless as it is.

I don't see the point in hoarding points. But seeing as I've put a lot of time into games like Fallout 3 and Bioshock (the only two games I've ever come close to 100% acheivement points on) I want to see if it genuinely feels like an "acheivement." I can't believe I'm enjoying Fallout 3 still, the third time through.
zeden
Duke Nukem Forever is finally dead it seems.

Things that have taken less time than Duke Nukem Forever's Development:
# The United States' entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy's challenge to the landing.

# The complete construction of many monumental buildings and engineering projects. To name a few-
* The Empire State Building (Jan 1930 - May 1931)
* The Channel Tunnel (Dec 1987 - May 1994)
* The Golden Gate Bridge (Jan 1933 - May 1937)
* The World Trade Center (Aug 1966 - April 1973)

* World War II and the entire Manhattan Project. Yes, even the complete development of the atomic bomb took less time.

laugh.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
Achievements and Gamerscore were a brilliant idea. Ok, they might not get you anything, but they just give this long running sense of progress, they encourage you to finish a game completely and occasionally discover features you'd normally have missed if there wasn't an achievement for using them. Or they encourage you to play the game in a completely different style to what you normally would. Any game on any platform could have implemented something similar, but it's the fact that they're global and uniform means you've got something to compare against your friends even if you're playing different games.
monkeyman
Agree with Nonus completely, they are a great incentive to replay or try something you normally wouldn't (play an evil character in Fallout 3 for instance). It is annoying when people get all worked up comparing them.

If I recall (though I guess most people don't really care about Home at the moment [I am on the fence]) with Streetfighter 4 you could unlock figurines for your house by getting Achievements in the game, that kind of crossover stuff is great to me. There will also be a Trophy room added for you to view all trophies which I think is cool and pointless. I hope more companies link items for use in Home to achievements as it's an added little perk to earning them.

I think Zeden has a point in that they should make the Gamerscores/Achievements have another incentive behind them, perhaps a discount on the PSN/XBLA or something, maybe exclusive themes/backgrounds. It will be nice to see if the companies take them any further.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I don't know, I like them the way they are, as nothing more than just a bit of fun/bragging rights. I think the actual score counts for a lot too, I started getting trophies on Killzone 2 but they felt a bit hollow and empty without having a score attached to them, contributing to a running total. XBL tends to stick it right in your face as well, on the dashboard or websites where your gamercard appears the gamerscore is part of your identity, whereas on PS3 you have to actively go looking for it. Making a big deal of it in Home seems a bit of a waste of time, since I've only ever used that once, when I first got my PS3. I ran round for about 5 minutes and thought "there's nothing to do" and quit to go do something else. Home would have been better if that was your default dashboard which just loaded when you turned your console on, but it just doesn't seem worth the time to load it. It also suffers from not giving you any way to communicate with anyone effectively by default. No headset, no chat pad, just the virtual on screen keyboard which isn't worth using.

I should be getting that Uncharted: Drakes Fortune tomorrow, I've heard from quite a few people that it's pretty good.
logger
Much like in real life, achievements mean nothing to me.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ May 7 2009, 04:19 PM) *
I should be getting that Uncharted: Drakes Fortune tomorrow, I've heard from quite a few people that it's pretty good.

It's a very good game. Gameplay itself is quite generic and ripped from several well known games but there's enough there to make you think "Wow." or "I like the way they've done that." often enough. The games real charm is it's development of the characters, they're genuine and "real". Some great dialogue too.

Graphics are nice to boot.

It all goes a bit hairy when the inevitable monsters appear though. Intuiative last boss fight too. (I never said it was good.)
GundamGuy_UK
Well, looks like Game of the Year 2010 has been announced...

Pokemon Gold and Silver remade FireRed-style on the DS!
Jessopjessopjessop
Currently crunching through Gears 2. After being a little overwhelmed and not really taking things in to begin with, things are getting interesting.
logger
I've started Mass Effect for the third time and have finally got beyond the Citadel. I'm enjoying the whole sci fi feel. Just got to get past this ambush to get the final member of my crew but so far they are kicking my arse.
Llama
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ May 8 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Currently crunching through Gears 2. After being a little overwhelmed and not really taking things in to begin with, things are getting interesting.

Just as much fun (on co-op) as the first I reckon. Play some Horde!
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Llama @ May 8 2009, 02:35 PM) *
Just as much fun (on co-op) as the first I reckon. Play some Horde!

Yeah, I'm up for trying that too. Last night we finished just after freeing ourselves from the GIANT WORM!
Jimmay
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ May 8 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Yeah, I'm up for trying that too. Last night we finished just after freeing ourselves from the GIANT WORM!

That whole level is brilliant. That sealed it as a great game for me. Horde is good fun but really difficult with just two people (not impossible though.)
logger
Has anybody had a Mass Effect character suddenly stop following you and then just stand still like a dildo until you order them to a location or there's an enemy?
Nonus Aequilibrium
Yes.
Everlong
Fallout 3: Broken Steel isn't bad so far.
Jimmay
I'm blitzing through Fallout 3 again. I'm up to Level 11 with a neutral character. Then once I hit 20 and get 50 speech victories I'm just going to abandon this character and get stuck into my fully evil one and play through the add on packs as that character has all of the bobbleheads and almost maxed out stats at level 20 so with another 10 levels it could be immense!
zeden
I'm getting to be pretty good as the infected in Left 4 Dead now. Managed to kill three out of the four survivors during the finale on Blood Harvest without even getting to play as a tank. There's little more satisfying then finding a lone survivor in a nice out of the way spot then pouncing them.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ May 8 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Currently crunching through Gears 2.
Finished!
Bloomeeney
Well, my 360 has currently gone on holiday to Frankfurt where hopefully it will be cured of a terminal case of RROD. What actually happens there? Do they repair them or just send you a new/re-conditioned one in return? Also, do you really have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to come back???
logger
I definitely got mine back, it still had dried dog juice on it.
Bloomeeney
Ah, but how do you know it was definately your dog's juice?
logger
It was his because it spelled out his name.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ May 13 2009, 10:33 AM) *
Well, my 360 has currently gone on holiday to Frankfurt where hopefully it will be cured of a terminal case of RROD. What actually happens there? Do they repair them or just send you a new/re-conditioned one in return? Also, do you really have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to come back???

Last time mine went in, it was just over a week. Depends how busy they are. And yes, they tend to just replace the motherboard, although in the early days they sent me a brand new xbox (different serial number).
Llama
QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ May 13 2009, 10:33 AM) *
Also, do you really have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to come back???

I think when I sent mine off it was about 5 or 6 days from the day the courier picked it up, so I wouldn't worry about that estimate too much.
logger
Mine only took about a week.
monkeyman
It amuses me how many people are chipping in with their experiences, it's quite shocking really.
logger
Hasn't everybody on here who's had a 360 for a while had the RROD. It seems like it anyway.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 14 2009, 08:04 PM) *
It amuses me how many people are chipping in with their experiences, it's quite shocking really.

Why not go and play a game on your PS3?

Oh, wait...

Actually, speaking of PS3, has anyone else seen the concept design for the PSthree slim model? Looks really weird, it's like an L-shape.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.