Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
maian
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ May 19 2009, 05:38 PM) *
EDIT I watched one or two of those Unskippable things and wasn't really that fussed. I much prefer Zero Punctuation. Speaking of which this weeks is rather amusing (not just because of the JRPG bashing)

Fair enough, they are something of an acquired taste. Did you watch them in any order? there's lots of little running jokes that have built up over the course of their run.

Zero Punctuation is the king of The Escapist, though.
logger
QUOTE (Atara @ May 19 2009, 06:10 PM) *
I say and looked for a long time, turns out Snakes face isn't in that teaser, it is in this totally different image which appears to be the pre-teaser teaser

So where is that from? I can't see Snake in that picture either.
Atara
Thats a magazine scan I think.

he is on the right side, around the middle, facing up towards the top. I can kind of see it if I want to, but it is a bit hmm
logger

I guess...
Rua
I think he's lying down as you can see the top of his shirt. He might be dead.
logger
Is it me or is there more lightening now?
maian
Is it just me, or is that a cock jutting out from just under Snake's chin?
logger
That's his Solid Snake!!! Now that's how you do comedy, Rua.

I'm starting to worry that I'm going to be disappointed by the end of this.
Llama
I still can't see it.

Snake's head that is, not the cock.
Jimmay
Wow. That's a vague picture of Solid Snake if ever I saw one. You only have to wait a few more hours.

I'm starting to think that by the time I finish Fallout 3 I will have maxed out almost all of my stats. Currently they are all at 100 apart from barter, melee and unarmed. I still have 6 more level ups to go and need to play through Broken Steel.

The Pitt was far better than Operation Anchorage but was still a bit clumsy and small and didn't really make all that much sense. I'm hoping that Broken Steel will have been thought out a bit more.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (logger @ May 19 2009, 06:40 PM) *

I guess...

For some reason that reminded me more of Duke Nukem than anything...
Bloomeeney
Yay!! Nice man from UPS has just placed my repaired 360 into my sweaty palm!

Just got to wait to get home tonight to play the damn thing!
NiteFall
QUOTE (Jimmay @ May 20 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Wow. That's a vague picture of Solid Snake if ever I saw one. You only have to wait a few more hours.

I'm starting to think that by the time I finish Fallout 3 I will have maxed out almost all of my stats. Currently they are all at 100 apart from barter, melee and unarmed. I still have 6 more level ups to go and need to play through Broken Steel.

The Pitt was far better than Operation Anchorage but was still a bit clumsy and small and didn't really make all that much sense. I'm hoping that Broken Steel will have been thought out a bit more.

If you ask me Broken Steel is the best of the three by a long shout. I thought Operation Anchorage was a bit too linear and arcadey and The Pitt was too small and claustrophobic. Although the auto-axe is the awesome.
Jimmay
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 20 2009, 11:07 AM) *
If you ask me Broken Steel is the best of the three by a long shout. I thought Operation Anchorage was a bit too linear and arcadey and The Pitt was too small and claustrophobic. Although the auto-axe is the awesome.

It is indeed. I am now pumping all of my level-up points into melee weapons despite never using them before. The Mauler is now an integral part of my inventory. It seems to kill most things in one hit. After collecting all 100 steel ingots in The Pitt I have a whole locker full of awesome unique weapons and armors
NiteFall
Wait until you get the tesla cannon it's as awesome as it sounds.

One other thing, I've noticed that one of the level 30 perks puts all your SPECIAL stats at 9. So, if you were willing to level to 30 without getting any of the SPECIAL bobbleheads you could, in theory, bump all your stats up to a full 10.
Jimmay
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 20 2009, 11:21 AM) *
Wait until you get the tesla cannon it's as awesome as it sounds.

One other thing, I've noticed that one of the level 30 perks puts all your SPECIAL stats at 9. So, if you were willing to level to 30 without getting any of the SPECIAL bobbleheads you could, in theory, bump all your stats up to a full 10.

That sounds quality, especially if its anything near as epic as the hellfire cannon. I noticed that perk but I've already got all of the bobbleheads so I can't do it unfortunately. Still, it doesn't make a massive difference I don't think but would be pretty cool.
NiteFall
I just cheated once I hit level 30 and reset all my stats to 10 through console commands. laugh.gif
Jimmay
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 20 2009, 11:57 AM) *
I just cheated once I hit level 30 and reset all my stats to 10 through console commands. laugh.gif

No cheating for me as I'm on the 360.

Although, I am planning on getting to level 29 with evil karma and then using the "Here and Now" perk to quickly get the acheivement and then reloading to a save just before level 28, using the "set your karma to either neutral or good" at level 28 and then doing "Here and Now" again, twice. Cheeky little cheaty way of getting the acheivements.
monkeyman
This is apparantly a leaked trailer of the next Team ICO game. It looks like the right style and features the chain going doing a hole featured in the one screenshot that was released a while ago. It looks quite interesting.
GundamGuy_UK
They can decline it all they want, the art style is exactly the same and it has that chain from the teaser image as its opening shot.

Unless someone went to a lot of trouble to make an elaborate hoax, that's what their next game looks like.
sweetbutinsane
I picked up Oblivion again for the first time in months and really wish I hadn't. I only intended to play on it for about an hour but ended up spending a lot longer than that finishing off the Thieves Guild quests. The ending was a little cheesy, I must say, but I enjoyed all of the sneaking and stealing leading up to it.
zeden
I was under the impression that the bit I've circled is Snakes face in profile. The bit on the right looks like a slightly retarded version of The Leader, at least in terms of the bulbous head.

Chris' link - Fallout 3 DLC coming to PS3

Two more bits of DLC too! With those on the horizon I think I'll wait till the Game of the Year edition comes out with all the DLC already on it before getting into any of the new stuff.
GundamGuy_UK
I don't see that.

Apparently there's a hand resting on Snake's forehead, and I can see that one.
NiteFall
Honestly, I don't think there's actually anything there and it's just over-excited fanboys trying to read meaning into something that has none.
GundamGuy_UK
I'm not excited in the least (Metal Gear Solid strolled firmly into the realms of stupidity a long time ago, 1 and 3 are the only good ones), and I see Snake clear as day.
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ May 21 2009, 10:27 AM) *
I'm not excited in the least (Metal Gear Solid strolled firmly into the realms of stupidity a long time ago, 1 and 3 are the only good ones), and I see Snake clear as day.

Burn in hell
Nonus Aequilibrium
That thing jutting out of his "neck" reminds me of that fungal thing in Firewalker in Season 2 of X Files.
monkeyman
Joe'll be happy MGS1 (and Resi1 Directors cut [which is pretty good]) coming to the PSN

EDIT:Oh and R-Type delta....that is an awesome game. Not that I need to pay for any of those games.
omni
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 20 2009, 01:25 PM) *
This is apparantly a leaked trailer of the next Team ICO game. It looks like the right style and features the chain going doing a hole featured in the one screenshot that was released a while ago. It looks quite interesting.

They stole the theme music from Miller's Crossing.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 21 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Burn in hell

That's a bit strong...

QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 21 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Joe'll be happy MGS1 (and Resi1 Directors cut [which is pretty good]) coming to the PSN

EDIT:Oh and R-Type delta....that is an awesome game. Not that I need to pay for any of those games.

YES! Finally! They only said they'd do this a year ago...
Atara
If you like MGS3 and have not played 4, at what stage did it become so silly that you stopped liking it?
fatseff1234
QUOTE (maian @ May 19 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Do you mean the SNES one or Metal Gear Solid? They did a remake of that on the Gamecube. It was pretty good, really took advantage of the added power and capabilities, but didn't add much new, other than allowing you to do some of the things that you could do in Metal Gear Solid 2 (hanging off ledges etc.)

The Unskippable episode about Eternal Sonata has completely put me off it. No game should have an 8 minute opening cutscene about the village in which the characters live.

First oerson view as well. The Twin Snakes was a great remake.

Eternal Sonata is WELL worth a purchase. Excellent battle system wrapped around a shitty story. The cut scenes are appauling, and there's often more than one of the buggers at the same time. What's worse is that there's hardly any action in them, it's all conversation and fables.

Great game though.
monkeyman
@Gundam:I had meant to put a wink at the bottom which was why the post goes down so far laugh.gif

So inFamous has been getting good reviews; I just played the demo and was pretty damn impressed by it, It looks pretty (for the most part) and runs great even with a ton of explosions and shit going on, it also has really cool comic book style cut-scenes.
The demo is quite generous and lets you play 3 mission some with good powers and some with bad powers to see the differences and it's interesting to see the differences in powers and how people react to you.
The powers are great; you have your basic electric bolt which you can use even with no stored power, and then other powers which you need to have stored energy to pull off, theres sticky electric grenades, shockwave (which is essentially force push [the games physics work excellently with this move]), and thunder drop as well, which is where you jump from a height and slam into the ground releasing a big area of effect electric blast (to recharge you can suck energy out of things like vehicles or other electrical sources, if you want to be evil you can suck "Bio-Electrical" energy out of enemies and innocen ts). It's bloody brilliant fun and the differences between good and evil powers are quite obvious (good electric grenades make one large fairly controlled explosion, evil ones split into several grenades causing widespread chaos and killing innocents). You can obviously string attacks together, it's pretty awesome, I shocked someone, force pushed them off a roof jumped into the air and hit them and then followed them to the ground and pulled off a thunder drop as he went down with me, it was an awesome combo of rape.
The city is nicely put together, it has character and the buildings are believable, they aren't flat boring buildings, they have crenelations and adverts and varied lighting and constructions on them. Oh the lighting in the game is good as well, flashes of blue/red whenever you use your attacks.

Cole can climb anything as well and that really is great, I found it more enjoyable than Assassins Creed climbing, mostly because it was quicker but also because you are free to climb more objects and it just works so well; the rest of the movement techniques are fantastic as well, Cole can grind cables and train tracks and also hover/glide through the air. It flows so well to run across a building roof, jump off, glide to a cable, grind it, leap off and grab a building, climb up and then continue the flow of movement. Zeden will definetely get what I mean here (and others too I imagine) but I found traversing the city to be as fun as it was in Spider Man 2; and thats probably the biggest praise I can give it.

So yeah very much looking forward to this.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Atara @ May 21 2009, 07:46 PM) *
If you like MGS3 and have not played 4, at what stage did it become so silly that you stopped liking it?

1 and 3 are simple enough to still seem plausible (though I hasten to use that term, especially with the bosses in 3). 2 is good and all, but the whole series is a bit up its own arse and always has been.

1 and 3 are the best because they tell a good story with some nice twists, but not so caught up in itself as to become utter nonsense. I enjoyed 2, but there's just something off about it.

They're all good games, they just have a habit of becoming ridiculous at points, and not always in a good way. There's a very good comic about 3 which I wish I still had the link to.
logger
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 18 2009, 08:32 PM) *

Bum. sad.gif
zeden
QUOTE (logger @ May 22 2009, 02:28 AM) *
Bum. sad.gif

That's a bit of a cheeky move isn't it? One countdown is enough dammit!

MGS has always had an appeal to me throughout the series, though I for one love the incredibly convoluted plot. Testament to that is the fact that I've only ever finished one of the games, MGS4, and that's because it didn't force stealth on me all the time and managed to have one of the most difficult to follow plots I've ever known.

Just had a thought, I think it would be a pretty good idea for any future cut scene heavy games to have an on screen message telling you how long the scene is, perhaps a time marker when you paused the screen or something. It'd save a lot of frustration from waiting to quit when a scene runs on and on without warning or pre-scene save point.
monkeyman
I agree with that, it'd be nice to know if you have the time/inclination to watch the whole thing as you may be waiting to go out etc.

The loading symbol for the flash page has changed to thunder clouds, I'm fairly certain the symbols are the same as the ones in MGS4 that show the weather etc. In fact I'm sure I've seen a website which has found all the symbols.....the last of which is an exclamation point.
Atara
Cheeky timer...still says '5' though.

It is pretty to look at, though

Oh, it is also coming up with 'E' '3' and what looks like a lower case 'e'
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 21 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Zeden will definetely get what I mean here (and others too I imagine) but I found traversing the city to be as fun as it was in Spider Man 2; and thats probably the biggest praise I can give it.

You've got me interested sir. Do you know if the demo is on Live?
Jimmay
QUOTE (zeden @ May 22 2009, 09:37 AM) *
You've got me interested sir. Do you know if the demo is on Live?

It's PS3 Exclusive. I got it mixed up with Prototype which comes out in a few weeks and seems quite similar in some respects.
zeden
BAH!
It does sound a lot like Prototype though in some respects, guess I'll have to give that a look instead.
monkeyman
Prototype sounds pretty cool as well, I like the idea of changing your body parts into blades and hammers, and elbow dropping tanks from high heights! It seems similar to Hulk: Ultimate destruction in some respects (in fact the same studio made Hulk: Ultimate destruction).
Atara
Capcom Vs Marvel 2 demo on PSN, I WANT THE FULL GAME NOW PLEASE!

So what does the lower case 'e' on the Kojima teaser mean

http://www.kooljapan.com/snake.php

Hmmm? tongue.gif
monkeyman
I forgot how cool a fighting game it is, will definetely be picking it up when it releases.
sweetbutinsane
Must. Keep. Away. From. Xbox.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ May 22 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Must. Keep. Away. From. Xbox.

I realized earlier that I've not touched my Xbox since the end of March. It's less than 2 feet from me right now, too.

I'm quite impressed at how good and studious I've been recently.
sweetbutinsane
I was being good and studying hard too, until I decided to reward myself with a quick go on Oblivion.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ May 23 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I was being good and studying hard too, until I decided to reward myself with a quick go on Oblivion.

I know myself too well.

I have been playing Pokemon Diamond a lot, though. Mainly because handheld games are easier to play in shorter bursts.

My Pokedex is really filling up nicely.
monkeyman
Heh awesome:

Part of a 5 costume pack...be interesting to see who the other characters will be.
NiteFall
I'm hoping for Judge Death, Hammerstein, Rogue Trooper and Tharg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.