Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
NiteFall
QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 4 2009, 06:53 PM) *
I need a bigger memory stick, dammit!

I think I have a spare 2 gig one kicking about somewhere. If I can dig it up you're welcome to it.
monkeyman
You should be able to redownload it without payig again.
NiteFall
Yep. If you've bought something off PSN you can download it to up to 5 PS3s an indefinite number of times.
Atara
Thank Kei, spare memoy card would be great if you have it kicking about biggrin.gif
mcraigclark
The trailer for Left 4 Dead 2 makes me want to buy a 360.
GundamGuy_UK
My friend couldn't remember his WEP key...

Looks like I'll be spending the afternoon in a pub with free wifi.
monkeyman
Been playing the Uncharted 2 Beta (multiplayer), it is gorgeous and very very fun especially the capture the flag (or in this case treasure) mode. The 3 player co-op is a blast as well, a bit like Horde mode but with more advancement objectives to it, very muvh looking forward to playing it more with the full game, especially as the single player looks to be on par (at the least) with the first game.

Played Fight Night 4 as well, it's a great looking game, and the clothes physics are amazing, doubt i'd buy the full version though, I'm not really into boxing enough for that.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I still need to finish Uncharted first. It's quite annoying that the lack of achievements always makes me feel like I could be doing something more worthwhile on the 360.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 5 2009, 02:38 AM) *
My friend couldn't remember his WEP key...

Looks like I'll be spending the afternoon in a pub with free wifi.

I spent about 3 hours in a pub trying to download FF7, only for the connection to time out. Then I tried installing the PSN Store stuff on my friends XP machine, only to get the same error message (PlayStation Downloader not working, due to "a problem").

Looks like I'll have to wait until Sunday night when I get back to my parents house, which is annoying as I was hoping to play it on the trip.
monkeyman
You're not having much luck dude laugh.gif
GundamGuy_UK
I'm really not. I spent over 3 hours in the Orange store before that trying to get my BlackBerry fixed too (got it done, though).

It's been such an annoying day.
Everlong
So to get Final Fantasy VII on your PSP, do you need a PS3? sad.gif
NiteFall
No, you can buy it via the PSP if you have access to a wireless network.
Everlong
Happy days! I've got an 8gb PSP memory stick heading my way as it is, so thats going to come into some use with FF7. Lovely.
GundamGuy_UK
I should be back at my parents house this time tomorrow, so I'll download it there on their wireless network.

I wish the PC software would work.
monkeyman
They've patched in a "High precision" aiming mode for Killzone 2, it essentially allows for twitch like aiming in COD etc, I'm not sure I really care for it.
I did get a tasty K/D of 50/9 which was nice though.
Gonna take a look at my nice Dredd costumes later on maybe.

Oh I managed to find the American version of Crimson Gem Saga, the engrish one was really doing my head in, the dialogue in the Yank one is witty and actually makes sense now, such a great looking game as well and the battle mechanics seem good so far.

EDIT: Shadow of the Collossus DLC coming to LBP, I hope it's a level pack and not just costumes.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 6 2009, 05:04 PM) *
They've patched in a "High precision" aiming mode for Killzone 2, it essentially allows for twitch like aiming in COD etc, I'm not sure I really care for it.

Is that in single player or just multiplayer? I always did think the controls were a bit all over the place in Killzone 2, but I got used to it after a bit.
monkeyman
As far as I know it's in the multi and single player.
GundamGuy_UK
Final Fantasy VII on PSP is awesome.
NiteFall
I'm playing IX on mine at the moment. Have they spruced it up a bit, or is it just a straight PS1 port?
GundamGuy_UK
It's the same as the other PS1 classics releases, just with a disc change option added.
zeden
It seems the impossible has come about and the Wii has got one more game in the pipeline ready to keep me from selling the ruddy thing, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is being translated and released outside of Japan.
Battle of the Planets vs. Viewtiful Joe? Yes please.
monkeyman
I am unfamiliar with Tatsunoko....

I really like the trailer for the new PSP MGS game Peace Walker, I'm intriuged as to why there are 4 snakes, I imagine it's 4 player co-op. The bit at the end with the box is amusing, and it's nice to see him crouch walking as well, something I sorely missed after playing MGS4.
It looks like it might be more story based and with bigger areas than the portable ops games.
monkeyman
Sorry for the DP but some screenshots of The Last Guardian have been released, some are from the trailer some aren't, some are brilliant looking, this one in particular I really like (tried posting direct hotlink but couldn't get it to work):
Clicky, gallery is there as well
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 10 2009, 09:31 AM) *
I am unfamiliar with Tatsunoko....

I was too, or so I thought. They're responsible for Cashern, Neon Genesis Evangellion, Battle of the Planets and a few other fairly famous anime series.
GundamGuy_UK
I bought a new Memory Stick for my PSP.

Am I right in thinking that I just re-download my downloaded games, and then I have to transfer saves from one to the other one at a time?

Can I not just drag and drop the whole contents from 1 to another on my PC?
Raven
Star Wars: The Old Republic - trailers from E3 now online, looks like an interesting premise, though I'd prefer it if it was set during the original trilogy!
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 10 2009, 08:14 PM) *
I bought a new Memory Stick for my PSP.

Am I right in thinking that I just re-download my downloaded games, and then I have to transfer saves from one to the other one at a time?

Can I not just drag and drop the whole contents from 1 to another on my PC?

I may be wrong as I've never done it with legitimate games but you should just be able to drag and drop on your PC

@Zeden: Sounds interesting indeed
Atara
Guardians Crusade, what an awesome PS1 game. Many thanks to Zeden, he has made me a happy bunny
monkeyman
Hey Gundam, is Gunstar Heroes any good? It's just been released on the PSN (though it looks like for play on PS3 only from the description[as well as Wolfenstein 3-d]).

The new VidZone app is out as well, I really like the interface and how quickly it loads videos and the fact you can create playlists, it's great if you're into that sort of thing, I'll probably just watch the Aphex Twin videos (EDIT: and Mad Capsule Markets...) and not touch it again but I can appreciate it's pretty well designed for what it is.

I will be getting the ICO/SoTC LBP DLC ( laugh.gif ) though as it looks great, oh and the KZ2 map pack as well.
GundamGuy_UK
Gunstar Heroes is one of the best games ever made. Fact.

It's Metal Slug meets R-Type.
monkeyman
Well I love R-type and quite like metal slug......

The Killzone 2 map pack is excellent, one has beautiful rain and wind effects and is a nice tight level, the other looks great and the a cruiser in the sky that unleashes a massive blast after every game type, if you are outside when it is fired you'll die, after the blast is a great blast of wind with awesome dust/particle effects.

I like the sound of the way death etc is handled in Demons Souls

I was given a quick demo of the dark upcoming PlayStation 3 third-person action game Demon's Souls during E3. The game features a knight who hacks his way through both knight-sized and dragon-sized enemies.

The hook for the game are the ghosts that appear. They appear to be other players' characters or enemies running in unexpected patterns through the levels that you're playing, but not quite. They're not, the developer playing the game in front of me explained, programmed by the Demon's Souls' creators. They are generated by the game's other players and randomly sent out to haunt other people's games.

This is a very different approach to pulling other people's content than Spore pulling in your buildings into my copy of the game or even of me downloading ghost data for your run through a Mario Kart track.

Demon's Soul pulls snippets of real players' actions in the game. It then randomly replicates snippets of other players' actions, rendering them as the actions of ghosts in the levels that you would be playing through. Players can also manually leave messages for others to discover (all based on a canned phrase-list, so you can't write anything you want). They can also offer to help other players and be invited in for brief co-op action. But the ghost appearances are the most clever touch.

The most interesting application of the ghost mechanic may be how it handles player death. Throughout the darkened caverns of the level I was shown that there were bloodstains on the floor. Some were at the edge of a chasm. Others were in the middle of an area where open combat was waged. The bloodstains represented the deaths of other players. Stepping on the stains and pressing a button activated a ghost rendering of some other player's final moments in the game before getting their character killed. Stepping on it would reveal how they met their fate.

One blood stain on a stair case caused a ghost-character to spawn. It represented that doomed other player. The developer at the controls next to me watched as we observed this ghost-player run up the stairs, turn and jump to their doom. That's what happened to someone else who was playing the game who knows where at some earlier time it happened to a tester, I assumed.

And I thought death in adventure games was a private thing.

That's my nomination for best new gaming death mechanic of E3. Watching other people's ghostly failures while you march forward to success. What took so long for a breakthrough like this?

I think thats pretty cool
zeden
QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 10 2009, 11:17 PM) *
Guardians Crusade, what an awesome PS1 game. Many thanks to Zeden, he has made me a happy bunny

Much obliged m'dear. You can always count on me to know where to get that kind of stuff from. wink.gif

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 11 2009, 08:58 PM) *
Gunstar Heroes is one of the best games ever made. Fact.

Couldn't agree more. It'd be great to see a HD re-jig of it, the gameplay hasn't aged at all but the graphics could do with a little polish.
monkeyman
It has had a graphical update.....

Speaking of graphics, God of War 3 is looking very nice, keep watching to the end, the centaurs guts are pretty brutal. I've seen a video of Helios getting his head ripped off and thats brutal as well, tendons and veins all hanging out afterwards. Looking forward to this a lot.
GundamGuy_UK
My new Memory Stick came, and I have to download all my PSN games again, which is annoying.

Also, it seems that my Store problem has switched - instead of PC not working and wifi being fine, wifi now doesn't work but the PC connection does.
zeden
The 360 I was borrowing has been taken back. sad.gif
I'm having no luck fixing my broken one as well. Feel like emailing the automated Microsoft repair address with nothing but expletives just to vent.
The temptation to buy a new one then swap it and demand a refund is getting higher and higher.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (zeden @ Jun 13 2009, 04:34 PM) *
The temptation to buy a new one then swap it and demand a refund is getting higher and higher.

Do it.
Atara
Will they not check somehting like serial number against the box?

If no... do it!
GundamGuy_UK
My guess would be that the average store clerk won't give a fuck.
zeden
That's what I'm thinking, although this plan does require me to have the 200 for the system going spare in case they flat out refuse to return it. Alas my pockets are full of nothing right now so the plan must wait. At least until Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is released anyway...
monkeyman
I dunno man, you'd have to be lucky and get a guy who didn't care, it's the kind of thing that if I worked in a games store I'd be a real cunt about laugh.gif

Been playing the latest KZ2 map pack and unlocking some of the harder to get badges (well the Engineer sentry turret one anyway was a bitch until I played Beach Head). The new maps are fantastic. I've also been carrying on my Elite run through the campaign (I'd gotten stuck and given up a while ago), having no crosshairs is quite hard, often smart and brutal AI doesn't help either, it was nice being reminded how fun the game was to play and how nice it looks.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I read a story once about someone who bought a megadrive and took it back to dixons claiming it wasn't working, and got a refund. Only later did they realise he'd actually took all the internals out and just returned the case with a bag of rice in it while he kept the fully functional megadrive.
logger
I once bought a grass strimmer from argos and when I got it home found that it was somebody's old one that they'd just put in the box and returned it. It wasn't even the same model or anything.
zeden
laugh.gif

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 14 2009, 02:46 PM) *
I dunno man, you'd have to be lucky and get a guy who didn't care, it's the kind of thing that if I worked in a games store I'd be a real cunt about laugh.gif

And that is why I would avoid a games shop. I reckon Asda might have just the right level of employee apathy for such a move.
GundamGuy_UK
Plus game store employees are wise to the whole RROD thing and might think you're up to something.

ASDA people probably won't.
Jimmay
Prototype is really good. Like a mixture between Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Assassins Creed. I'm having a lot of fun being an absolute bastard and slicing a hell of a lot of people up in increasingly horrific and quite amusing ways. Highly recommended.
Atara
It does look interesting but I fear it'd just end up being a not so good 'Infamous' and therefore not worth the ,money. I think Imight rent it
Jimmay
QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 15 2009, 01:20 PM) *
It does look interesting but I fear it'd just end up being a not so good 'Infamous' and therefore not worth the ,money. I think Imight rent it

I'd recommend it. What I love about it is that their is no good or evil choices, it just lets you get on with it and doesn't punish you for being a shit if you want to and doing a flying kick into a passer by and surfing along the road on them for 200yards. The story telling mechanic is really interesting as well and takes a leaf out of Assasins Creed with plugging gaps in the character's past.

Its certainly taking up a lot of my time, and my house looks like a dump as a result!
GundamGuy_UK
Metal Gear Solid came to PSN in the US today.

WHY isn't it out here? So unfair, I would pay big money for that, and that's after buying the big silver collectors PS1 version (with the OST and t-shirt and dog tags and so on) AND the GameCube one.
NiteFall
After finally getting a 360 controller for my PC because an increasing number of games ONLY support that as a joypad I've been playing some Prototype. And quite enjoying it actually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.