Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Kick in the Head
Anyone played the on-rails shooter Dead Space prequel on Wii? Wondering how it compares to RE: Umbrella Chronicles and HOTD: Overkill.
Everlong
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Oct 28 2009, 02:51 PM) *
Have ordered Dead Space from Amazon today. It was 8. I think I've officially given up on Dead Rising.

It's a fantastic game. Very atmospheric and creepy.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 28 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Got the new (well, recent-ish) Bionic Commando game for the 360 on the cheap.

It's not bad, kind of interesting, but does feel a bit samey. Liking the battle mechanics, and the ability to grab hold and swing from almost everything.

Brother in Law has moved in with PS3 in tow, might get myself Little Big Planet, is it as good as everyone raves about?

Well I like it. I would love it more if I had time to make my own levels and things. The game of the year edition is well worth a look
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 28 2009, 02:45 PM) *
might get myself Little Big Planet, is it as good as everyone raves about?

No, but then people were practically having orgasms about it. It's good fun, but it's miles better if you play in co-op with a friend. It's worth getting but the hype was way over the top.
Atara
I don't like it anymore, not untill I get my FF7 sackboys like they promised me.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 26 2009, 07:07 PM) *
I was mostly wrong about the UC1 blindfire,he does pop out more in most places but it's still "proper" blindfire. It's jus done better in UC2

You were correct, as I found out to my peril last night. He sort of pokes his head out a little bit and if there's anyone up high they can shoot you. I'm enjoying Drakes Fortune but finding it really frustrating at times. It's really difficult and fiddly in gun fights and the enemies just keep on coming way after you'd expect them to stop. However, I am now into bits that are new to me (I'd played up to about chapter 5 about 6 months ago) and I'm carrying on with it.
Rua
Fallout DLC is nice.

They should probably do that forever.
Jimmay
Where do my fellow Spaced Outers get their US import games from as Amazon.com won't deliver God of War Collection to the UK for some reason?
Llama
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Oct 28 2009, 07:07 PM) *
It's good fun, but it's miles better if you play in co-op with a friend.

This. I played on it at my boyfriend's house whilst he did some work and got bored after about two levels. Plus the "3D" annoys me - jumping between the front and back of the screen, it's just fiddly.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 29 2009, 09:26 AM) *
It's really difficult and fiddly in gun fights and the enemies just keep on coming way after you'd expect them to stop.

That's exactly what I thought. Pacing was all wrong, it's like they just dragged out gunfights to pad the game out a bit. You spent far too much time fighting in one area with no progress. Fortunately they've sorted that on the sequel. Instead of just one big room and endless enemies it's more a case of fighting your way forward, so you're progressing as you fight, not just waiting for a fight to end. I'm really impressed with the way Naughty Dog actually did take note of what was wrong with their first game and fix it. Almost all the gripes I had with the first game that kept it as a merely "good" game as opposed to excellent, they've fixed.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 29 2009, 10:07 AM) *
Where do my fellow Spaced Outers get their US import games from as Amazon.com won't deliver God of War Collection to the UK for some reason?

Yeah Hayleigh pointed out last night that Amazon won't let you buy games from the US. You could ask an American spaced outer to send it on,I've done that before for Crisis Core. Renchi.com is highly rated and well priced as well
fatseff1234
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Oct 28 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Have ordered Dead Space from Amazon today. It was 8. I think I've officially given up on Dead Rising.

Don't!

Dead Rising is one of the greatest games of the current generation. It's true you suck at first but that's why you need to play it through a couple of times to be any good. Get a sense of what you're meant to be doing and level Frank up a bit and you become a machine. Learn the layout of the Mall, where the best weapons are, best routes to and from the safe room, which survivors are where, then go for one mammoth playthrough. I can't express just how satisfying it really is.

I played through it once and thought "Wow, Capcom, what have you done?" forgot about it for a year and then went back to it one day because I was bored. A week later I was on my third playthrough and was quite confident that I could officially survive ANY zombie outbreak with several survivors in tow. It just goes to show just how legendary Capcom's design team are and just how they can make mundane time keeping a thing of uttermost joy! The game deserves to be hung on a wall in The Louvre.
zeden
If anyone is buying The Ballad of Gay Tony and has an appreciation of anime cliches they might get a good laugh out of one of the tv channels shows added to the game to catch an episode of Princess Robot Bubblegum. Tis a spot on parody.
Had a bash on it yesterday and rather than going the route of having an irritatingly camp and cliched personality for the "Gay" Tony Prince character they've unsurprisingly gone for a reserved character whos inclusion in the game seems to serve the purpose of saying "Anyone can be a criminal". Of course I'm basing this judgement on four missions worth of cut scenes and chat so maybe it'll change, but it seems that this expansion is far from the needless controversy courting some might accuse it of.
Plus all the missions I played were a lot more fun than anything in GTA4, especially flying the new missile launcher equiped helicopter.
Nonus Aequilibrium
Started playing Arkham Asylum last night. Didn't get too far but I'm not impressed at all yet. The controls are awful and the fighting is slow and clumsy.
Everlong
I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, and wasn't too amazed at the beginning, but liked it a lot more as it went on, stick with it.
monkeyman
Flawed as it was I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum. Except having to hold X to run...

I've really really enjoyed playing Brutal legend as well,it's by noeans perfect but there's a lot to it that telly appeals to me. I think I'm about to finish it but won't,I'll wait till Hayleighs around to see the ending. Think I'll
play Uncharted 2 on crushing,or multiplayer as it's apparantly a double
cash weekend to celebrate Halloween (with some other spooky goings on apparently...)
monkeyman
Ooh,I had a code for the God if War 3 demo sitting in my inbox. I've been quite lucky with these sorts if things lately,I got into the MAG beta and Uncharted 2 beta a well. Looks like it's gonna take a while to download though.
zeden
The most accurate game reviews on the web. Seriously, after looking at this site I turned on an X-box and even without a profile logged in or a game in the tray I got this -

Too damned funny, especially the censored picture of tea-bagging in Halo 3. happy.gif
Atara
biggrin.gif
Everlong
QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 31 2009, 09:12 AM) *
The most accurate game reviews on the web. Seriously, after looking at this site I turned on an X-box and even without a profile logged in or a game in the tray I got this -

Too damned funny, especially the censored picture of tea-bagging in Halo 3. happy.gif

I love that if you put your cursor over that image on the site it says "The only achievement that matters" laugh.gif
monkeyman
God of war 3 is amazing. Of you don't like the first two then you obviously won't care much for this, but if you're a fan of the first two ( the second one is very good as is the amazing PSP game) then you will love this. There is more violence and gore than ever and it looks so damn nice,the demo is from E3 and the game is out in March so it's going to give them over half a year to polish what is already quite impressive looking (there are a few textures that could be better and it needs optising,The textures pop in in one particular place on background structures and some of the effects could do with a polish).
The centaur death is brilliant it's guts spill out after you tear it's stomach open,and tearing off Helios's head is gruesome with tendons and whatnot. Tearing out an ogres eyeball looks sickeningly cool as well,especially as Kratos is covered in blood after.

Really looking forward to this now and the Collectirs edition looks really good,soundtracks and artbookd in a bog sculpted pandoras box case.
logger
QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 31 2009, 09:12 AM) *

Tetris is the bastard child of Soviets and Satan. It will destroy us all.
Atara
Hugh Jackman as Nathan Drake...DO NOT WANT!
logger
Surely it should be Nathan Fillion.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 31 2009, 12:21 PM) *
Hugh Jackman as Nathan Drake...DO NOT WANT!

QUOTE (logger @ Oct 31 2009, 12:34 PM) *
Surely it should be Nathan Fillion.

I don't really even know what this is about, but I agree on both counts.
Atara
Oh, apparently the studio want Hugh Jackman, the dude who does Drakes voice wants Hugh Jackman and wasn't too impressed when asked about Nathan Fillion. BOO
mcraigclark
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 26 2009, 11:22 AM) *
...the new Ratchet and Clank game

It's good. I picked it up yesterday and was playing it at 2 am without realizing what time it was.
monkeyman
I've played the demos now. The Ratchet one is very very good but the Clank one really is amazing. The time puzzles make me think of Portal and try seem like they will be really tricky and fun to work out. Think I will request it for Christmas. Got Dragon age: origins this month.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Are they making an Uncharted film then? I hadn't heard anything about it.
monkeyman
Yup,I was really wishing they'd get fillion for it though,his delivery/sense of humour etc are a perfect match
Atara
Yeah, it is happening. Columbia pictures are developing it.
Nonus Aequilibrium
I'm not really sure I see a point in an Uncharted movie. The story, while entertaining and good fun, is nothing more than a bunch of movie cliches anyway, which are going to make it look like a bad Indiana Jones rip off on film.
Atara
I agree, it seems a bit silly to go and make a movie out of a game that plays like a movie as it is. I'd rather just play it.

But if Nathan Fillion wa sin it I'd watch it for the swoons
fatseff1234
Maybe it'll be a clever parody within itself?
bigfatrich
Dead Space is dead ace.
I nearly lost it on the asteroid shooting section, but managed to sort it with controller, XBox and TV intact.
Bloomeeney
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Nov 6 2009, 11:16 AM) *
Dead Space is dead ace.
I nearly lost it on the asteroid shooting section, but managed to sort it with controller, XBox and TV intact.

One of the most annoying parts of any game ever!!!!!

Reminds me, must get round to finishing Dead Space
sweetbutinsane
My brother bought a Sega Mega Drive off Ebay and we have been playing on Streets of Rage. Good times. laugh.gif
monkeyman
Street of Rage 2 is one of my top ten games of all time.
fatseff1234
I've just started Dragon Age and have gone with a female character (You look at a character for 100 hours you want it to be good looking, no?) and I'm wondering if I made a bit of a mistake. I feel dirty for effectively chatting up men. Please say I can get some girl on girl ation going on here, flirtimg with men is not my idea of a good time laugh.gif .

Too early to say if the game itself is any good though.
GundamGuy_UK
Anyone in America or Canada with one of the DS Pokemon games should head over to Toys'R'Us tomorrow or for the next two weeks, as they're giving away an exclusive new Pokemon called Arceus.

No news for a UK release, sadly.
monkeyman
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 6 2009, 10:33 PM) *
I've just started Dragon Age and have gone with a female character (You look at a character for 100 hours you want it to be good looking, no?) and I'm wondering if I made a bit of a mistake. I feel dirty for effectively chatting up men. Please say I can get some girl on girl ation going on here, flirtimg with men is not my idea of a good time laugh.gif .

Too early to say if the game itself is any good though.

You can get girl on girl action. I never play a girls as I feel wrong talking to guys like you say. Plus I always got creeped out by guys playing as girls in FF11. Let me know what dragon age is like,I'll be getting that when it's out (on PS3)
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 7 2009, 02:09 PM) *
You can get girl on girl action. I never play a girls as I feel wrong talking to guys like you say. Plus I always got creeped out by guys playing as girls in FF11. Let me know what dragon age is like,I'll be getting that when it's out (on PS3)

It does feel wrong, I just expected to be able to chat up anyone and everyone but alas, I'm stuck with a Nathan Drake look-a-like. Wich is a shame because Morrigan's a bit sexy!

I'm now four hours in and things have taken a dramatic turn, I won't spoil anything but let's just say things don't pan out the way you're expecting.
Atara
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 7 2009, 02:11 PM) *
I'm stuck with a Nathan Drake look-a-like.

Luckyyyyyy!
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Atara @ Nov 7 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Luckyyyyyy!

I think you can turn him gay as well, so if you made your character a Nathan Drake look-a-like as well...
Hobbes
Tomorrow: MW2 comes out.

As of tomorrow: my degree prospects take a serious hit.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Nov 9 2009, 05:48 PM) *
Tomorrow: MW2 comes out.

As of tomorrow: my degree prospects take a serious hit.

Get it from Sainbury's. 26.
monkeyman
I read that but I don't see it mentioned on the website anywhere, not even a mention of it selling in store
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 9 2009, 07:29 PM) *
I read that but I don't see it mentioned on the website anywhere, not even a mention of it selling in store

It's only in the superstores apparently. MCV had an article on it.
monkeyman
Oh I see. I must have misread. I thought it said only the superstores would be having midnight openings; makes sense I guess. Oh well. At least I won't be paying 55 for it.....fucks sake.

EDIT:called the sainsburys down the road and they are getting it. Looks like all Sainsburys are getting it but only the superstores are having midnight openings. Think I'll get up early for that.
Everlong
Want COD:MW2, but skint until the 27th, arrghh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.