Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Dec 8 2009, 09:40 AM) *
PAL and NTSC are video output standards, nothing to do with data storage. The only difference I could imagine would be the operating voltage, but presumably the power to the hard drive is drawn as DC from the console itself after having been converted from american AC sockets by the power supply.

So do you share my opinion that it would work?
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 8 2009, 11:06 PM) *

Nonus is right. I'd say it should work if you delete/format the hard drive as all it does is store data.

*EDIT*
Seems like someone asked a question on WikiAnswers and had no problems with hard drive transfers.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 9 2009, 04:06 AM) *

I would think so, thought I'm only guessing and wouldn't want to say for sure. I think more of an issue is your Xbox Live profile, and where it thinks you are. Some stuff is based on region and I've heard people have big trouble changing it.
GundamGuy_UK
Yeah, I've come to terms with the fact that I've lost my Live profile either way. My plan is to wipe the drive and start over with a new account.

I'd just like to save $50 on my new machine if I'm able to, and it looks like I am. Cheers guys.
monkeyman
In Dead Space 2 Isaac is actually going to talk; that's awesome as silent protagonists nearly always suck.
It's also going to have multiplayer, I'm hoping it'll be an awesome L4D style mp and not just death match. Engineers vs. Necromorphs would be aaawesome. X
bigfatrich
Hello. Sorry to keep bugging the thread with questions. Is the 360 region free when it comes to playing DVDs?

If it is, series 1&2 of The Adventures of Pete and Pete are so mine.
zeden
I'm pretty sure they're not.

And Pete and Pete kicks major arse by the way.
beatoswald
Charlie Brooker: why I love video games
Llama
I came here to post that earlier and completely forgot. The description of trying to get a non-gamer to play is spot on, I loved it. I've been in that exact situation several times, with the same conversation happening too.
logger
Don't be nervous talking 2 girls
GundamGuy_UK
I picked up Star Ocean: Second Evolution and Final Fantasy Tactics to tide me over my flight and time in the UK.

Chelsea is getting a PSP for Christmas, with LEGO Star Wars II, Patapon, and Star Ocean: First Departure.
logger
Arkham Asylum 2 announced
monkeyman
Good news. Wonder if it will be more open world. I kind of hope not.
fatseff1234
Just starting Final Fantasy 8!
Atara
Jealous,I invested 80 hours in that gameonly to learn that PS3 won't play disk 4:(
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Atara @ Dec 15 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Jealous,I invested 80 hours in that gameonly to learn that PS3 won't play disk 4:(

Silly technology. I'm old-skool with my PsOne.
monkeyman
Ooh there's an English version of the MGS: Peace Walker demo released today. Nice. That game is shaping up to be awesome.
I also started playing Demons Souls last night and that too is awesome.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 17 2009, 03:05 PM) *
Ooh there's an English version of the MGS: Peace Walker demo released today. Nice. That game is shaping up to be awesome.
I also started playing Demons Souls last night and that too is awesome.

Incredibly hard according to Yahtzee.
monkeyman
Oh it is, i haven't died yet (except a place where you're meant to) but I thunk I chose a good starting class and the starting area was easy anyway.
fatseff1234
Hahaha, check out this weeks Zero Punctuation.

You're better than Yahtzee.
zeden
Yahtzee hasn't ever struck me as a particularly skilled gamer, some of the things he pisses and moans about are somewhat arbitrary, it's just a good thing he's also funny and accurate even when he is griping over nothing.
Jimmay
After playing CoDMW2 for over a day on multiplayer I decided to give the single player a go and it's quite good so far. Nothing new particularly except for the set pieces which are all very Tom Clancy all of a sudden. THAT level seemed completely pointless though and seemed to only be there for shock value. It was pretty brutal though and I certainly didn't enjoy doing it, which I suppose is the idea.

Then I went back on the multiplayer and hit level 50. It's fun.
Silky
Currently playing my second Dragon Age playthrough, evil mage for the win, on my xbox.
The PS3 has been seeing alot of Assassin's Creed 2, finnished that the other day.
On my PC I'm still playing through Empire Total War.
Rua
Flower is fantastic.
monkeyman
After seeing what Charlie Brooker wrote about that the other day I'm almost tempted to buy it.
Everlong
Nearly at level 30 on MW2, ranking up faster than I did on COD4, might go back through MW2 in Hardened or Veteran difficulty. Played a bit of Dragon Age origins, liking it so far but can tell it's going to be a slow burner. Definitely sticking with it.

Should be getting Left 4 Dead 2 (yay) in my lunch break, it's 30 at the HMV near work.

These 3 games, plus the fact I'm probably getting Assassin's Creed 2 for Xmas, will ensure I don't get bored with My xbox over the next couple of months!
Everlong
QUOTE (Everlong @ Dec 18 2009, 12:37 PM) *
Should be getting Left 4 Dead 2 (yay) in my lunch break, it's 30 at the HMV near work.

I gots it, Zombie killing for me tonight!
weputthemdown583
Flower is indeed fantasic. Bought it about half a year ago and still playing it! It's just such a relaxing, etheral experience. It also gets quite dark and scary and the end level is immense! Get it.
Jubei
I'm lagging behind, just turned lvl 28. Also, it's the first FPS I've played where I have a sub 1:1 kill:death ratio overall in multiplayer, I must be out of practice. I enjoyed the single player, the slow-mo breaches are a nice touch and I was never happy with a certain character so I felt vindicted at the end. Still, the morals of the whole game left a sour taste in my mouth, not just 'that level', that I really didn't like. The co-op spec-ops missions are good fun too.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (Rua @ Dec 18 2009, 06:36 AM) *
Flower is fantastic.

Yes. I played it last night for the first time in months. I love the one with the blue haystacks.
monkeyman
Just watched the Yahtzee Demons Souls review, he sucks at games laugh.gif
UnderSpaced
Finally! Final Fantasy VIII is finally out on the U.S. PSN Store! Though looking at articles, a Europe release is still a month away.

My friend and I picked up Demons Souls. I only got to play the beginning tutorial, but it looked pretty fun. The controls will take some time to get used to as I always end up accidentally pressing square to attack.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Dec 19 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Finally! Final Fantasy VIII is finally out on the U.S. PSN Store! Though looking at articles, a Europe release is still a month away.

At least it's coming!
monkeyman
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Dec 19 2009, 08:13 PM) *

My friend and I picked up Demons Souls. I only got to play the beginning tutorial, but it looked pretty fun. The controls will take some time to get used to as I always end up accidentally pressing square to attack.

Heh I always jammed square as well, dudnt help I'd just played God of War. Protip for now though; avoid world 5 for now, it's so different in design and layout to the rest of the fane I actually found it quite off pitting at first. The other areas are better anyway.
Atara
My save won't work on FF8 I'd bet so I am pisssssssed.
GundamGuy_UK

Is this any good? I just bought it because it looked pretty, and I regret selling my Crisis Core Special Edition because I can't get it again.
Atara
It is awesome!
Silky
QUOTE (Everlong @ Dec 18 2009, 02:47 PM) *
I gots it, Zombie killing for me tonight!

Good man!
I'm hoping to get that for Christmas. Assuming I have any time to actually play it.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Atara @ Dec 20 2009, 12:35 PM) *
It is awesome!

Cool. I bought it after hearing it has loads of bonus content that fans would like, without actually knowing what the game itself is.

I was thinking it was Super Smash Bros. with FF characters until I read a review earlier.
monkeyman
That's not too far off.

It is a bit bereft of story bur it is pretty fun.
Atara
I invested alot of time in it and still have only really played through to the end as cloud. I'll go back to it one day as I want ff12 dude
Nonus Aequilibrium
549 Gamerscore away from 50,000. I'm sure I can have that before the year's out.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 19 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Just watched the Yahtzee Demons Souls review, he sucks at games laugh.gif

It'd explain why he's so angry all the time.
monkeyman
So what was everyones overall game of the year?
It's either Arkham Asylum or Uncharted 2. Demons Souls is a personal favourite but it's nit really game of the year material as it has a fair few flaws etc.

The more I think about it though I think I'd definetely go for Uncharted 2. Gorgeous looking environments and general graphics, great gameplay, voice acting and motion capture; and the pacing and story is phenomenally good. Arkham Adylum is amazing also but it had too many lame bosses and the final fight with Joker was a bit pants. The rest of it was fantastic though.
fatseff1234
Parasite Eve!
Nonus Aequilibrium
I agree, Uncharted 2 definitely stood out as the best game this year. They basically took an *almost* great game, sat down, made a list of everything that was wrong with it, and pretty much fixed them all. It might not have had the best plot in the world, but the delivery was outstanding. It's one of those games, like Bioshock, or Gears 2, or Condemned that shouts out to other games "this is the quality of presentation you should be aiming for".
monkeyman
Agreed. That game had so many awesome non repeated money shots in it as well. I mean suff like the train level, it's one awesome beautiful real time moving level on the train and it really is frigging incredible; it would have been marred somewhat if an hour later there was another train journey, and then another. Fantastic game.

In other news AdHoc party is apparantly being released today for PS3/PSP, this is very cool news.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I've found it a rather lean year for really good games, ones that were actually released this year anyway.

Despite a few gripes I really did enjoy Uncharted 2, despite the (generally) piss easy puzzles. Lots of climbing and gunplay are always a good thing.

Elsewhere I had great fun with Prototype, Saints Row 2, F.E.A.R 2 (despite it's rubbish ending), Halo ODST and the "hilariously" racist Resident Evil 5.

Arkham Asylum was wank though.

Currently I'm replaying Dead Space and still loving it. It's one of the first SF games I've played that really shows how big a ship would be, with the GIANT engine rooms and suchlike to float around in zero gravity. I would have liked more spacewalking though.
Everlong
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 20 2009, 05:16 PM) *
Good man!
I'm hoping to get that for Christmas. Assuming I have any time to actually play it.

The Melee weapons are great. Taking a zombie's head off with a guitar is seriously satisfying!
Silky
I just watched the cinematic trailer for Mass Effect 2.
Just jizzed my pants. wub.gif wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.