Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 19 2010, 03:46 PM) *
Still got thr GoW3 demo to play I take it?

Yes, ok, I'll play it alright, geez. I finished II late last night so I'll give the demo a go this week sometime and let you know what I think.
NiteFall
Just completed Uncharted 2. I liked, although the final boss fight was a tad rubbish. Now playing as Doughnut Nathan. Much funnier.
fatseff1234
Fallout 3 - Falcon Punch!

Hysterics.
GundamGuy_UK
Argentina is now my Mecca:

That's an official Sega Mega Drive 2, brand new, on sale in a high street store.
zeden
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jan 19 2010, 01:37 PM) *
I have the special edition of Mass Effect 2 on pre-order and I'm rather excited.

What do you get with that? Got my birthday coming up around release day and if there's something more interesting in the package than a making of disk I may well treat myself.

Edit: I just read the Mass Effect, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and No More Heroes 2 are all out on the same day. That puts to rest any ideas I was having about getting a special edition, all three of those are high on my anticipation list.

Got myself a borrow of Saints Row 2 the other day and much as I love GTAIV for it's attempt at a complicated plot (at least sometimes) it has to be said that the young contender is much more fun. Creating a crack head clown that walks like a drunk pimp then pretending to be a cop for tv so I can break up fights between pirates and ninjas sure beats enduring endless fuck ups from Nicos dick head cousin.
Jimmay
Just to get Chris off my back, I set up my US PSN account last night with the Microsoft address and set the GoWIII demo downloading and it continued to download throughout the night. I probably won't be able to get any gaming time in until Sunday evening now though so I hope you can wait until then.

I also got back into Borderlands which I think I'm a few hours away from finishing and it's still very good fun. Me likey.
GundamGuy_UK
I have an urge to play The Sims.

Anyone here have any experiences playing The Sims or The Sims 2 on Vista? My parents helpfully threw out my original game, and I don't fancy paying 30 for the complete collection to find it doesn't work.

Google gives the usual anecdotes of it working/not working and how to un/successfully fix it, so I'd like info from someone I actually know.
Everlong
Had the original running fine with Vista on my laptop, no idea about 2 though.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 21 2010, 09:39 AM) *
Just to get Chris off my back, I set up my US PSN account last night with the Microsoft address and set the GoWIII demo downloading and it continued to download throughout the night. I probably won't be able to get any gaming time in until Sunday evening now though so I hope you can wait until then.

I also got back into Borderlands which I think I'm a few hours away from finishing and it's still very good fun. Me likey.

Cool smile.gif. I've seen some screens of a new beastie, a big weird horse crab(fighting on tje hand of a Titan no less). It looks friggin awesome.

@Joe: Still no FF8 on the PSN sad.gif

EDIT: Square Enix are releasing FF1 and 2 (the shiny and good PSP updates) onto thr iPhone. This is good news.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 21 2010, 01:07 PM) *
@Joe: Still no FF8 on the PSN sad.gif

I know... no PS1 games at all!
weputthemdown583
I also had sims 1 running on my vista laptop. Worked fine.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 21 2010, 01:01 PM) *
Anyone here have any experiences playing The Sims or The Sims 2 on Vista?

Both ran fine for me.
GundamGuy_UK
After the Unreal Tournament fiasco of a month or two ago I'm worried about all older games.

At least Windows 7 includes a virtual PC of XP, so my eventual next computer will be okay.
Rua
The FF XIII reviews I've read (which admittedly may be bollocks, or more likely over analysed) don't fill me full of confidence.

But it's not like I'm not going to buy it.
Everlong
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 21 2010, 01:07 PM) *
EDIT: Square Enix are releasing FF1 and 2 (the shiny and good PSP updates) onto thr iPhone. This is good news.

Nice! (By the way, how much is FF VIII expected to cost on PSN?

QUOTE (Rua @ Jan 21 2010, 02:07 PM) *
The FF XIII reviews I've read (which admittedly may be bollocks, or more likely over analysed) don't fill me full of confidence.

But it's not like I'm not going to buy it.

What have they been saying? I've only been watching Japanese FF XIII vids on youtube.
monkeyman
I've heard and read that it's beautiful, the fighting is fun and the story is good, with the only negatives being it's much more linear than past games, with no world map or even little villages/shops to buy items from; everything is bought through the save points. As you say, it's not like Hayleighs not going to get it anyway.

Ff8 will be 6-7
GundamGuy_UK
Why is each new game in classic series' less and less like the originals?

Final Fantasy with no world map, inns, or shops? Resident Evil without zombies and in the daytime?

What's next? Gran Turismo 5 will have been held up because they decided to "progess" the series by having it be about plowing fields.

You know what I would like, though? Final Fantasy III-VI being released for PSP all shinified like I and II.
Rua
Yeah, sounds like an aesthetically glorious yet monotonous turn based Action game. We shall see.
monkeyman
I'm hoping it's in the works. I like them as they're the same as the originals just with really nice new sprites, and I think a few new dungeons. I'm sure I read they won't be doing it with 3&4 though because they were released on DS; I don't know if the person was saying it's an exclusivity type thing or a SE can't be arsed thing, but I hope they do it.

I've been to the shops twice now looking for the new Official Playstation magazine as I really want to read the Heavy Rain review (9/10). It's supposed to be out now but the shop only has the old one with Dead Space 2 on the cover.

Also GTA:Chinatown wars has been released for 5.99 on the iPhone and I'm kind of interested to get it.
Everlong
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 21 2010, 02:41 PM) *
I've heard and read that it's beautiful, the fighting is fun and the story is good, with the only negatives being it's much more linear than past games, with no world map or even little villages/shops to buy items from; everything is bought through the save points. As you say, it's not like Hayleighs not going to get it anyway.

Ff8 will be 6-7

Nice Price.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 21 2010, 03:00 PM) *

Final Fantasy with no world map, inns, or shops? Resident Evil without zombies and in the daytime?

What's next? Gran Turismo 5 will have been held up because they decided to "progess" the series by having it be about plowing fields.

Although gonig on Chris's post, it sounds like a game I'll still enjoy, I have to agree that it's a shame it's changed so much. I know progression is good, but it'll be odd playing a Final Fantasy game with some of the traditional stuff removed.

Still, hopefully I'll enjoy it.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 21 2010, 03:06 PM) *
I'm sure I read they won't be doing it with 3&4 though because they were released on DS

1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 have been out on GameBoy Advance, but 1 and 2 have been on WonderSwan and PSP and iPhone and stuff.

I think it's just that 1 and 2 are easy to code and cheap to release, if there is any exclusivity it'll be for the DS version, which can't be ported anyway.

Square-Enix must know that if they made a box set with 9 UMDs, one for each of the 9 original games, people would pay ANYTHING for it.
monkeyman
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 21 2010, 03:06 PM) *
I'm hoping it's in the works. I like them as they're the same as the originals just with really nice new sprites, and I think a few new dungeons. I'm sure I read they won't be doing it with 3&4 though because they were released on DS; I don't know if the person was saying it's an exclusivity type thing or a SE can't be arsed thing, but I hope they do it.

I've been to the shops twice now looking for the new Official Playstation magazine as I really want to read the Heavy Rain review (9/10). It's supposed to be out now but the shop only has the old one with Dead Space 2 on the cover.

Also GTA:Chinatown wars has been released for 5.99 on the iPhone and I'm kind of interested to get it.

They seem to miss the fact that people loved the faux open world exploration, that was some of the most enjoyable stuff of the older games. I may be misremembering but I'm sure they had player controlled airships and boats and stuff in Lost Odysee so there's no reason they couldn't do it in a modern FF game.

@Joe: Christ if they did that with soundtracks and an art book I'd have to buy it.
Everlong
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 21 2010, 03:30 PM) *
Square-Enix must know that if they made a box set with 9 UMDs, one for each of the 9 original games, people would pay ANYTHING for it.

Oh yes, I probably would, given that it'd probably cost less than buying them individually. 20+ for FF7/FF8 on ebay is a bit mad.
GundamGuy_UK
They could charge 100 for it or something. Pretty reasonable for nine big games, and it won't take much for them to do because most of them have been on PS1 already.

It's only III that hasn't, actually. I'm not too bothered about it being shiny, I just want to have them.

EDIT: NEWS!

From the guy who runs the PlayStation Store himself:

FF8 is coming on the 4th of February, this is a confirmed date now. Hooray! biggrin.gif

January, my arse. But at least it's out in time for my marathon airport wait on the 8th/9th.
Everlong
Woohoo!

That program on the playstation store for downloading PSP/PSone classics to PCs/Laptops, I'm ok to use that and put it on PSP via my psp memory card aren't I? Not too sure if I have the USB cable.
GundamGuy_UK
No, you need your PSP plugged in. It downloads to your PC and immediately installs to your PSP.

It does this because your PSP is linked to your account, and if you could download a game onto your computer you could just put it up on BitTorrent or something.
Everlong
Ah ok. My PSP doesn't want to connect to my router so will have to do it that way, now to get a lead...

Actually, there's another option that's probably easier, I do have a PSN account set up on my sister's boyfriend's console, I could just do that, as long as he lets me.
monkeyman
It's quite a generic cable isn't it? Also what kind of router do you have?
GundamGuy_UK
Yeah, I'm surprised your router doesn't like your PSP. I've never had any trouble with any connection ever, the PSP connects as easily as a laptop (unlike the DS...).
Everlong
Just the basic Orange home broadband router, great connection and a secure network, it's just my psp never seems to connect with it, even putting in the correct details, and pressing the coupling button on the router. My 360, the ps3 and the laptops all connect fine.

I'll try again tonight, but it didn't work before Xmas.
GundamGuy_UK
I really can think of no reason why it wouldn't work. That's really odd.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 21 2010, 03:00 PM) *

Because making exactly the same game over and over again is pretty pointless? Would you rather games just became stagnant?

QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 21 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Just the basic Orange home broadband router, great connection and a secure network, it's just my psp never seems to connect with it, even putting in the correct details, and pressing the coupling button on the router. My 360, the ps3 and the laptops all connect fine.

I've got the Orange Broadband router too, since moving from BT, and my ipod touch is terrible at connecting to it. Every time the screen saver comes on it drops Wi fi and requires the encryption key to be put in again, and every time, says "connection failed" and then works anyway. My PC, my Xbox, and my laptop all work fine from it.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 21 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Because making exactly the same game over and over again is pretty pointless? Would you rather games just became stagnant?

Yeah but taking out winning elements of a game is surely just as bad?
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 21 2010, 05:16 PM) *

There's altering the game to be fresh, and there's changing the game completely.

As for making the exact same game over and over, look at the market. Yes, FPS games have their subtle differences, but by and large those are the same game over and over. Similar with RTS games.

Completely changing the formula of a game until its name is the only thing left isn't moving with the times, it's making a new game and being scared to make a new name.
Everlong
FF XIII Special edition contents apparently revealed.

Soundtrack
Art book
Prequel story
Comic book
Collection of art cards
Everlong
Just got Brutal Legend for the 360, and Dissidia: Final Fantasy for PSP. Brutal legend is fun, will play a bit of Dissidia later.
sweetbutinsane
I think I might buy a DS. It would certainly make the Metro journeys go a lot quicker...
monkeyman
I really liked Brutal Legend despite it's repetetive nature.
GundamGuy_UK
Am I missing something, or is Heavy Rain just a string of Quick Time Events?

I thought it was an adventure game, but it looks like a movie with "Press Up now" on screen ever few minutes.
NiteFall
Mass Effect 2 is rather good, but I think it has suffered a little from catering a little too heavily to the console market.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 24 2010, 06:07 PM) *
Mass Effect 2 is rather good, but I think it has suffered a little from catering a little too heavily to the console market.

It's out?
Atara
Not till 29th
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 24 2010, 05:12 PM) *
Am I missing something, or is Heavy Rain just a string of Quick Time Events?

I thought it was an adventure game, but it looks like a movie with "Press Up now" on screen ever few minutes.

It's not so much about the quick time events-- it's about the decisions regarding when and how to do things that incidentally require quick time events. It is a lot like Shenmue really; except it has a really dark serial killer theme at the centre of it all. I mean sure, they could gave you open a fridge door by pressing X but they wanted to make inputs a bit more interesting and have more of a connection to what's happening on screen.
Indigo Prophecy (except for the fucked up sci-fi/fantasy crazy path it took) was incredible; and I'm sure this game will be even better
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jan 24 2010, 08:10 PM) *
It's out?

It got leaked early on the nets.
Everlong
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 21 2010, 10:31 PM) *
FF XIII Special edition contents apparently revealed.

Soundtrack
Art book
Prequel story
Comic book
Collection of art cards

Well, we're not getting all of that..

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Final...ition/~r346053/
UnderSpaced
Spent the night at my friend's house and watched him play World of Warcraft for a while until I decided that I wanted to shoot stuff and played Modern Warfare 2 almost all night. It takes forever to level up. All night and I only went from 21 to 26.
zeden
Got myself a bargain yesterday -

It's great, brings back some fond memories of playing at the local arcade before it turned rubbish.
whitey
Where and how much?
zeden
A friend and 30. The thing has been passed around a couple of people who didn't get on with it before it got to me at that price but it's only ever been used about five times to date so it's pretty much as new.
curtinparloe
Been playing Dungeons and Dragons Online since it became free. My randomly generated elvish character looks freakishly like my ex (the one who was nearly cast in Lord Of The Rings as an elf). It#s a little unnerving.
GundamGuy_UK

I think my favourite part is the idea that Steve Jobs still uses an Apple Macintosh as his work computer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.