Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Llama
I won't be doing anything cheap wink.gif
Jubei
QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 23 2010, 09:42 PM) *
I'm surprised you can do anything at all games-wise with mobile broadband!

I moved the dongle two feet and it was fine after that. I played for another hour with sero lag at all. It's amazing, I didn't want to hope that it would work when I got it but it is awesome, a third of the monthly cost of having broadband and a phone line, no 125 set up fee and I can take it with me if I need to. Awesome! Plus the connection speeds are a LOT faster than broadband could be, let alone what it WOULD be where I live.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 AM) *
I came across this article today; pay girls to play games with you..... http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/107/1079073p1.html

Sounds retarded.

So the idea is that a guy pays for time with a woman...Is no one going to draw the obvious comparrison here? Both the socially retarded men who would pay and the morally bankrupt women who would feign affection for cash are pathetic. I hope it fails as well it should.
Llama
I think morally bankrupt is a bit extreme. Obviously there will be the overly slutty types on there who are going to instantly "fall for" whoever happens to pick them for games to get their score up, but I don't think that's going to be everyone and it's certainly not going to be me if I choose to sign up. But I would feel a lot happier about it if there was a "just for fun" option rather than having to pick either "flirty" or "dirty".
Atara
It's potentially easy money and it's hardly prostitution. It is a bit sad but I don't really care. Half the guys you end up playing normal games online with expect some flirty tits out magic to occur when they happen across a girl gamer anyway!

You see those girls? I'm not even pretty enough to have loners pay me to play online chess with me biggrin.gif life fail. But seriously, if I was single And had some free time I'd sign up, I could easy have a laugh being a ridiculous flirt playing Halo 3 because the whole thing is just silly, really.
zeden
You're right, it is a bit much to make a blanket judgement like that and by proxy on you for admitting interest and I'm sorry if I caused offence.
It's the concept that irks me because it provokes such a sense of dispair at the world. It's hard enough to meet women at times that the idea of some of them who might be worth talking to wanting to profit from something as fundamental as conversation for the sake of cash is a shitter. That along with the fact that there must be a market for it full of socially limited utterly misguided guys is just a bit depressing.
Atara
I'd be on dirty constantly and just spend the duration talking about really sordid sex fetishes.
monkeyman
Would your gamertag be "PoopInMyMouth"?
Nonus Aequilibrium
I play on xbox live more or less every night with an attractive young lady. I did buy her a smoothie once in Greenock. I'm a bad man.
Rua
QUOTE (Atara @ Mar 24 2010, 09:22 AM) *
...expect some flirty tits out magic to occur...

laugh.gif
Llama
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 24 2010, 09:33 AM) *
You're right, it is a bit much to make a blanket judgement like that and by proxy on you for admitting interest and I'm sorry if I caused offence.
It's the concept that irks me because it provokes such a sense of dispair at the world. It's hard enough to meet women at times that the idea of some of them who might be worth talking to wanting to profit from something as fundamental as conversation for the sake of cash is a shitter. That along with the fact that there must be a market for it full of socially limited utterly misguided guys is just a bit depressing.

No worries man smile.gif I do understand where you're coming from. I'm still gonna carry on gaming as normal too though, I've had some nice conversations with people I don't know over Live (for free!) and I don't intend on it replacing that.

My hope is that there will be guys there who just want a nice conversation and a game rather than tits in their face...
Jubei
QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 24 2010, 10:16 AM) *
...guys there who just want a nice conversation and a game rather than tits in their face...

Must resist! But atara's right, as soon as there is a girl's voice you have a barrage of pre-pubescent voices going 'are you a girl? Do you wanna be my friend? Are you hot?'

And zeden (iPhone wants me to call you sedentary...), it's not like prostitution at all. If you want to draw paralells, you could say buying agirl a valentines day presenting the hope you might get laid is more like prostitution than this. And it isn't like it at all. Unless she's a prostitute and the gift is cash from a cash machine...
Everlong
QUOTE (Atara @ Mar 24 2010, 09:22 AM) *
Half the guys you end up playing normal games online with expect some flirty tits out magic to occur when they happen across a girl gamer anyway!

Haha yes, happens to two of my friends all the time, and one of them is on occasion mistaken for a pubescent old boy, due to the fact she has a high voice and an Essex accent.

The other one is northern and unmistakably a woman, so she gets flirts and crude remarks all the time.
Jubei
Can't edit on the iPhone, but 'presenting the hope' was supposed to be 'present in the hope'. That reads quite differently.
Everlong
Ha, It's pretty much the same thing really.

Or both imply the same thing anyway.
Llama
QUOTE (Jubei @ Mar 24 2010, 11:05 AM) *
Must resist!

Well there must be some laugh.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 24 2010, 11:40 AM) *
Well there must be some laugh.gif

I think we all want tits in the face really. Some of us are just honest about it.
logger
I want both.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 24 2010, 12:17 PM) *
I want both.

Well there doesn't seem any merit only showing you just the left or right ones.
Llama
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Mar 24 2010, 12:05 PM) *
I think we all want tits in the face really. Some of us are just honest about it.

True.
sweetbutinsane
Must resist! But atara's right, as soon as there is a girl's voice you have a barrage of pre-pubescent voices going 'are you a girl? Do you wanna be my friend? Are you hot?'

Which is part of the reason why I don't bother with Xbox Live (other reasons include not having enough money to spare for it and only having about 10 games laugh.gif ).
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Mar 24 2010, 12:05 PM) *

Too true.

Hey... I'm 21! happy.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 23 2010, 10:53 PM) *
I won't be doing anything cheap wink.gif

Haha!
monkeyman
Zombie street fighters look aaaaawesome http://m.kotaku.com/site?sid=kotakuip&pid=JuicerHub&targetUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fkotaku.com%2F5502464%2Fstreet-fighter-zombies-zombie-street-fighters%2F%3Fop%3Dpost%26refId%3D5502464%26
zeden
I suppose that's supposed to be a link as opposed to a spoiler? tongue.gif
They're frickin' awesome, I'd love to own prints of a couple of them, the Blanka/Licker one in particular is great. The only one that doesn't work so well is the Akuma one, if only because they guy looks demonic anyway.
monkeyman
Why the hell did I do spoiler instead of quote....I blame tiredness. I like the Sagat and Ryu ones.

EDIT: I finally broke and just bought Pokemon Soulsilver.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 24 2010, 09:07 AM) *
I think morally bankrupt is a bit extreme. Obviously there will be the overly slutty types on there who are going to instantly "fall for" whoever happens to pick them for games to get their score up, but I don't think that's going to be everyone and it's certainly not going to be me if I choose to sign up. But I would feel a lot happier about it if there was a "just for fun" option rather than having to pick either "flirty" or "dirty".

"shirty"?
Llama
I could do that.

Oh, I see, so you wanna play fucking Halo 3 again? THAT'S ALL YOU EVER WANT FROM ME!
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 26 2010, 08:03 AM) *
Zombie street fighters look aaaaawesome http://m.kotaku.com/site?sid=kotakuip&pid=JuicerHub&targetUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fkotaku.com%2F5502464%2Fstreet-fighter-zombies-zombie-street-fighters%2F%3Fop%3Dpost%26refId%3D5502464%26

Is it wrong that I still "would" Cammy?
zeden
I'm starting to think you'd have a poke at anything with a set of boobs Seth. tongue.gif
fatseff1234
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 27 2010, 07:38 AM) *
I'm starting to think you'd have a poke at anything with a set of boobs Seth. tongue.gif

Nah, I do have morals somewhere. Down the back of the setee methinks.

laugh.gif
monkeyman
Why have Nintendo made the DS so fucking hard to get online. It's such a piece of crap.

EDIT:I discovered a cheatmode for my pokewalker

Everlong
^ Haha.

I traded in some games and got Final Fantasy XIII. Only done about 25 minutes worth so far, will play more when I have more time. I like it at the moment, liking how the battles flow a bit faster. Found it Amusing that Sazh has a Chocobo living in his hair.
fatseff1234
I just "Legally Acquired" Warcraft 3. It's in Spanish... help?
sweetbutinsane
Learn Spanish?

wink.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Mar 27 2010, 05:37 PM) *
I just "Legally Acquired" Warcraft 3. It's in Spanish... help?

Que?
NiteFall
Uninstall it and get a new copy that's in English. The only Blizzard game that ships with multi-language support is World of Warcraft, everything else is localised.
Everlong
Liking FF XIII but Vanille is getting on my nerves now.
Llama
She does get less annoying, or at least you notice the annoying slightly less as you go along... I'm not sure which.
curtinparloe
Medal of Honor: Airborne, Mirror's Edge and Defcon (with free Uplink) for a tenner from Game.

Happily, two of them support the PhysX feature on my new graphics card. Woo! Plastic dust curtains and teeny flags!

Uninstall PhysX first? Download two 1.2Gb patches? MOHA is a cock to install.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Mar 27 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Uninstall it and get a new copy that's in English. The only Blizzard game that ships with multi-language support is World of Warcraft, everything else is localised.

I decided not to bother. The golden days of harvesting wood and ore belong in the land of yore.
NiteFall
Yeah. These days it's all about minerals and vespene.
fatseff1234
MMORPG's don't appeal. Never really tried one though to be honest.
NiteFall
Minerals and vespene would be StarCraft rather than WarCraft...
fatseff1234
Shhhh...
Jimmay
I had a proper go at Assassins Creed II last night for the first time. I had played through the sort of introduction/tutorial bits over Christmas and dipped into it once since then but last night I unlocked the ability to buy shops and stuff and really got into it. Ended up upgrading Monteriggioni completely and buying all the shops (although not the full level) collecting all the statues, all the treasures and two of the assassins seals as well as buying all the art work and acquiring all the codex pages from Monteriggioni and Florence so my income is up around the 20,000 florins mark which is nice. And I've barely touched the actual storyline having only assassinated two people so far. Free running around the place is great fun and fighting, although not as good as Arkham Asylum, is enjoyable.
UnderSpaced
I should be getting a PS3 sometime this week. Probably pick up a cheap game and borrow some from my friend. I'll just save some money because I'm definitely going to pick up 3D Dot Heroes when that comes out.
monkeyman
3D Dot Heroes looks Aaaaaaawesome.
You'll have to share your PSN when you get it
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 31 2010, 07:18 AM) *
3D Dot Heroes looks Aaaaaaawesome.
You'll have to share your PSN when you get it

Which reminds me, mine is Jimmay557 (same as my Xbox gamertag.) I have no friends on PSN though so feel free to be the first.
monkeyman
Will do sir.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Mar 30 2010, 09:33 AM) *
I had a proper go at Assassins Creed II last night for the first time. I had played through the sort of introduction/tutorial bits over Christmas and dipped into it once since then but last night I unlocked the ability to buy shops and stuff and really got into it. Ended up upgrading Monteriggioni completely and buying all the shops (although not the full level) collecting all the statues, all the treasures and two of the assassins seals as well as buying all the art work and acquiring all the codex pages from Monteriggioni and Florence so my income is up around the 20,000 florins mark which is nice. And I've barely touched the actual storyline having only assassinated two people so far. Free running around the place is great fun and fighting, although not as good as Arkham Asylum, is enjoyable.

The Assassins seals are ace, I thought they were a great way to break up the gameplay. Bit of puzzle solving bever hurt anyone. Did feel a bit Prince Of Persia-ish though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.