Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
bigfatrich
Help! What's the best way to deal with Cazadors in NV?
NiteFall
Snipe the wings. Get a decent shot at the wings from a distance and the chances are good they'll be crippled and flounder about helplessly making them easy picking.
bigfatrich
Cheers, I'll give it a go.
They're tough little buggers.
logger
Stupid Rome Total War sucking up time.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
So kids, what are our thoughts regarding games of the year?

My Top 5:

1. Mass Effect 2 (by a million miles)
2. Limbo
3. Just Cause 2
4. Heavy Rain
5. Halo: Reach

It's not been a bad year all in all. Looking forward in 2011 to Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2 (so much) and very tentatively Deus Ex: Human Revolution amongst others.
logger
I've only played two games this year

Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
zeden
I just checked a list of games out this year and it seems I've not really dabbled all that much at all. Out of the bunch my favs thus far are Mass Effect 2, Fallout New Vegas, Red Dead and Super Street Fighter 4. I'm hoping to add Civ 5 to the list after I've played it as well.

Speaking of New Vegas and my eternal problems. I had three hangs on load screens and one autosave coruption today, I still had more than enough fun to outweigh it though. I'm getting to the point where I've been almost everywhere and done everything apart from the stuff on the Strip and it's really impressive to see how much more your actions in one place can make your life easier or harder elsewhere. The only bitch is constant backtracking and auto-travelling to places only to walk straight into another load screen.
monkeyman
What did you or are yougoing to do at the end?

Not sure if I want to make the NCR win,or make the strip mine. I dont want house to win. He sucks. Think I'll prolly just do the "independent" ending.
zeden
Think I'll go for NCR first then head back to an older save point I've put aside to go with other factions.
sweetbutinsane
Ooh, New Vegas is only 22 in Tesco. *Adds to Christmas list*
GundamGuy_UK
Woo, 1000G on LEGO Indiana Jones!
It's the first full game I've ever unlocked all the achievements on.
monkeyman
Ive been playing Lego Harry Potter (years 1-4) on my iPhone. It's surprisingly good.

Also started in the first HD remastered Sly Cooper game last night and it is really really good. It's scrubbed up really well in HD and some of the little touches are awesome (the way he jumps and the way his tail moves as he runs for example).
There's a few issues, Sly and enemies (as of now, I believe there's an upgrade available) all take one hit to die,though if you find a horseshoe (or collect 100 coins you get a horseshoe) you gain an extra hit; and the save system is odd. If you save in the middle of a stage and then come to load it later you'll start from the beginning with the main collectables still having been collected, but the coins not. That's probably for the best though as it gives you the opportunity to get 100 coins again. The individual stages in each level are quite short so it's not really an issue.

Looking forward to seeing how the series develops into open worlds instead of the linear gameplay it has now (the game disc has Sly Cooper 1,2 & 3 for 30)
Everlong
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Dec 6 2010, 11:03 AM) *
So kids, what are our thoughts regarding games of the year?

My Top 5:

1. Mass Effect 2 (by a million miles)
2. Limbo
3. Just Cause 2
4. Heavy Rain
5. Halo: Reach

It's not been a bad year all in all. Looking forward in 2011 to Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2 (so much)

I've realised I've got hardly any new games this year.

I can make a top 5 though.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Fallout New Vegas (only 'cos I'm not that far into it yet)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
4. Final Fantasy XIII
5. Gran Turismo 5

2011 looks excellent. Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2, Gears of War 3, Batman: Arkham City, and a possible Third Mass Effect game (yet to get 2 though!), the Tomb Raider reboot. Should be good.

Rua
I've done a Yes Man/Me win & a Mr House win.

Now lets be a right evil shit and go see what this Legion is really all about.
monkeyman
I'm going to do a me win and then load a save to do a Mr House and NCR win. I'll try the Legion on a second playthrough. Though that means no Boone. He looks so awesome with an Anti Material Rifle as well.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Congratulations Red Dead Redemption, you have successfully made zombies boring.
Julie
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Dec 8 2010, 09:55 AM) *
Congratulations Red Dead Redemption, you have successfully made zombies boring.

You think? I really enjoyed it.
zeden
Grrr, my bad luck with the glitches has struck again but this time I'm genuinely peeved.
I can't trigger a mission very late in the game that allows me to allign the Great Khans with the NCR because I got into a fight about fourty hours ago and killed someone crucial. No warning and no way around it ruining my plans to finish the game with as possitive an outcome as possible.
There's a new patch on the way this month that should solve a lot of problems but seeing as I've actually killed a quest related person I suspect a patch wont help me.
monkeyman
QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 9 2010, 12:56 AM) *
Grrr, my bad luck with the glitches has struck again but this time I'm genuinely peeved.
I can't trigger a mission very late in the game that allows me to allign the Great Khans with the NCR because I got into a fight about fourty hours ago and killed someone crucial. No warning and no way around it ruining my plans to finish the game with as possitive an outcome as possible.
There's a new patch on the way this month that should solve a lot of problems but seeing as I've actually killed a quest related person I suspect a patch wont help me.

Hmm. Who did you kill?
zeden
It was a member of the great Khans who is camped with a couple of others near the quarry with all the deathclaws. When I try to trigger the next stage of For the Republic II nothing happens so it's looking increasingly likely that I'll have to masacre the lot of them in the hopes of forcing the game to continue with me having gone from saint to saint of killers at the drop of a hat in plot terms.
And you know what's even more irritating? I didn't even start the fight with that person, they decided to attack me.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Julie @ Dec 8 2010, 03:00 PM) *
You think? I really enjoyed it.

I quite like saving the towns it's just I'm finding the main storyline a bit crap and dull. I want to kick Seth repeatedly in the balls even more than before.

I'll probably just gun through and then go get AC: Brotherhood.
logger
Cypress Hill back up singer suing Rockstar for $250 000 over GTA:San Andreas, claiming he's the real CJ

Aaaaand, are there any good WWII rts games that anybody can recommend?
monkeyman
You need to play Company of Heroes right now.
monkeyman
Uncharted 3
biggrin.gif
Jimmay
QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 9 2010, 08:54 AM) *
It was a member of the great Khans who is camped with a couple of others near the quarry with all the deathclaws. When I try to trigger the next stage of For the Republic II nothing happens so it's looking increasingly likely that I'll have to masacre the lot of them in the hopes of forcing the game to continue with me having gone from saint to saint of killers at the drop of a hat in plot terms.
And you know what's even more irritating? I didn't even start the fight with that person, they decided to attack me.

You can still do it. Wait until the head Khan man goes to bed then sneak into his room and put a grenade in his pocket and leave. Talk to his aide and you can still get them to join the NCR without massacring them.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Dec 10 2010, 11:32 AM) *
You can still do it. Wait until the head Khan man goes to bed then sneak into his room and put a grenade in his pocket and leave. Talk to his aide and you can still get them to join the NCR without massacring them.

I'd assumed it was the aide he'd killed but maybe not.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 10 2010, 02:01 PM) *
I'd assumed it was the aide he'd killed but maybe not.

Nope, Zeden killed some woman who is waiting for her Dad who runs quarry junction to drop off some illegal chems. You have to talk to her to convince the Great Khans to go against the Legion. But the alternative is to talk to the aide, kill the leader Khan in his sleep and then talk to the aide again who will replace him and fight with the NCR.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Dec 10 2010, 02:12 PM) *
Nope, Zeden killed some woman who is waiting for her Dad who runs quarry junction to drop off some illegal chems. You have to talk to her to convince the Great Khans to go against the Legion. But the alternative is to talk to the aide, kill the leader Khan in his sleep and then talk to the aide again who will replace him and fight with the NCR.

Ah cool. I didn't even come across her. Just shut Papa in his face and and talked to the Aide.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Dec 6 2010, 07:43 PM) *
Ooh, New Vegas is only 22 in Tesco. *Adds to Christmas list*

Too late. Maybe it's a sign to wait - it's not like I have enough free time to play on it yet anyway.
GundamGuy_UK
You know what XBLA/PSN is sorely missing?

QuackShot, starring Donald Duck.

If you've never played this game, you haven't lived.
monkeyman
Quackshot is an awesome old game. Speaking of older games, X-Men arcade is coming to PSN/XBLA...shit was awesome.

Speaking of awesome:

"Journey" looks amazing

More impressions here.

Rua
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 10 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Great game.
zeden
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Dec 10 2010, 11:32 AM) *

I did try that but there was no update to the quest. I'll give it a double check over the weekend though, the idea of having to kill everyone to complete the quest is enough to get me to ry again.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 10 2010, 07:38 PM) *

I think I've played it. Don't suppose it has a multiplayer mode?

I got my the second hand copy of GTA4 working at last. Playing the first missions again after so long really helped refresh my memories of just how funny the script is, in a blackest of black comedy kind of way. And already I want to see Roman beaten. I certainly know who's not going to survive the finale...
monkeyman
The big bug fixing patch for new Vegas is live.
zeden
Nope, killed Papa Khan and nothing happened. I've had to kill all three of the Khan guys in charge to progress. Poops.
monkeyman
QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 12 2010, 07:21 AM) *
Nope, killed Papa Khan and nothing happened. I've had to kill all three of the Khan guys in charge to progress. Poops.

Fuck em. They aren't nice people anyway.
zeden
But I was rehabilitating them! They'd started making stimpacks and good chems to help people and now they're buggered!
monkeyman
Oh really. I hadn't even activated those quests laugh.gif

Still. I has them in side. Legion gon' get raped
Rua
The patch seems to have created some new and interesting bugs. With children sliding at high speed while couching across Freeside amongst other things.
NiteFall
Mass Effect 3 teaser trailer.
zeden
That's my cue to start working on my save files and play parts one and two again and damn does that look frickin' awesome.
I've been talking about the notion of getting the alien races on side during the first two games in preparation for the attack in the third with my brother for ages and it seems I'm likely to be vindicated if this is the direction the plot is taking.
Now, do I save the rachni queen? Do I unseal the grunts test tube or not this time? Decisions, decisions.
Everlong
I'm going to buy something off of XBLA on Friday, but have no idea which I want to buy. It's either the RDR Undead Nightmare DLC or the new(ish) Tomb Raider Downloadable game. Which do you guys reckon?

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 12 2010, 12:30 PM) *

Nice!
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 11 2010, 05:27 AM) *
I certainly know who's not going to survive the finale...

Gee, thanks.

Then again, I can't really complain about hearing a spoiler for a game that's a few years old now.

GTA4 is the game I'm working through right now, as it happens. I can continue to play after all the missions, right? Or to get 100% do I have to do all the extras before the end of the story?
monkeyman
Uncharted 3 trailer
Apparently all in game footage....wow.

Resistance 3 trailer (live action and in game)
Looks awesome. They seem to have hugely improved their game engine since Resistance 2.

Oblivion 5:Skyrim was officially confirmed too and I'm so excited for that (though they better have a new game engine and more than 2 voice actors!)
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 12 2010, 07:14 PM) *
GTA4 is the game I'm working through right now, as it happens. I can continue to play after all the missions, right? Or to get 100% do I have to do all the extras before the end of the story?

You can indeed free-roam and go for 100% once the story has been finished. It is crazy long though, I think it took me just under 30 hours just doing story missions with the occasional rampage and assassination mission thrown in.
monkeyman
There's actually an achievement/trophy for finishing it in under 30 hours which I think tells you something about the game length.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Dec 12 2010, 08:07 PM) *
You can indeed free-roam and go for 100% once the story has been finished. It is crazy long though, I think it took me just under 30 hours just doing story missions with the occasional rampage and assassination mission thrown in.

Yeah, I've been playing for 20 hours and I'm only just over 50%. It feels like I've done loads, they really managed to squeeze a lot of game in there.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 12 2010, 08:15 PM) *
Yeah, I've been playing for 20 hours and I'm only just over 50%. It feels like I've done loads, they really managed to squeeze a lot of game in there.

I was on about 62% when I finished the game, I think I got up to about 73% before I ran out of non-grindy stuff to do. There's a lot of game there, although the first few hours are far too slow for my liking.
zeden
Sorry about that spoiler, didn't give very much away though so don't think I've spoiled the conclusion for you.

Microsoft have snuck out two two completely free arcade games very quietly and unlike Doritos Dash of Destruction they don't actually stink.
Crash Course
Harms Way
monkeyman
So about that Elder Scrolls 5 engine

We can now confirm that the TES V: Skyrim engine is all-new. And it looks fantastic.

Awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.