Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
GundamGuy_UK
I've got a few days off in a row next week, so I'm starting ME2 then. I also downloaded Lair of the Shadow Broker, and a couple of other mission packs for it. I didn't get any of the equipment DLC - would anyone recommend them?
sleeping_pirate
I'm a little pissed off. Went out and bought Sims 3 for the Wii (don't judge me) and it just won't play the discs. I've installed all available updates but it keeps coming up with the message 'An error has occured, please remove disc and turn console off'. Booo. The disc does seem to have a few little scratches on it, it's meant to be brand new?!
monkeyman
Take it ack. I've done that before and Exchanged it no bother
sweetbutinsane
Must. Stop. Playing. New Vegas. I keep saying to myself I'll just play for an hour while I'm eating my lunch, but then I look up to see what time it is and it's 6pm!

I did a lot of quests earlier so now I'm just exploring and trying to find as many locations as possible. I have so far only seen one group of Deathclaws and managed to sneak past them to reach the location they were guarding. Win! Unfortunately, I agreed to help Sloan out so I'm going to have to deal with them sooner or later - I just need to find some really good weapons first...
GundamGuy_UK
Started Mass Effect 2.

It's... different. I'm not sure I like how little RPG there seems to be in it, but I am enjoying it.
zeden
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 30 2010, 05:26 PM) *
I've got a few days off in a row next week, so I'm starting ME2 then. I also downloaded Lair of the Shadow Broker, and a couple of other mission packs for it. I didn't get any of the equipment DLC - would anyone recommend them?

Simply put, no. It's all stuff that was originally given away as promo items so it's cheeky for them to be selling it in the first place and the stat boosts aren't anything special enough to warrant actual money being spent on them.
zeden
Sorry for the double post but I was hoping to pick the minds of the good people here.
One of my 360 games is starting to crack in the middle like so -

Does anyone know a method of repair for this kind of damage? As it's Guitar Hero I don't really want it to break seeing as those games seem to never get any cheaper and I'm hesitant to spend money on a replacement.
Everlong
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 30 2010, 11:50 PM) *
Started Mass Effect 2.

It's... different. I'm not sure I like how little RPG there seems to be in it, but I am enjoying it.

I got that this week cheap off of play.com, I'm enjoying it a bit more than 1. The combat bits are better (IMO) and there's less talky talky, but there seems to be more RPG elements as it goes on, which is good.

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 2 2011, 11:55 AM) *
Does anyone know a method of repair for this kind of damage? As it's Guitar Hero I don't really want it to break seeing as those games seem to never get any cheaper and I'm hesitant to spend money on a replacement.

A friend used sellotape on the clear part. While a far from perfect solution and not actually repairing it, it's stopped it from cracking further and reaching the rest of the disk. No game shop I know can do it (I tried trading a game without realising there was a crack in the middle, and was told they couldn't fix it when I asked).
Atara
Which Guitar Hero is it? We have one of them for the 360 that will never be played so i could sned it to you if it is the right one...2 I think
Baz
QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 2 2011, 11:55 AM) *
Sorry for the double post but I was hoping to pick the minds of the good people here.
One of my 360 games is starting to crack in the middle like so -

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer or even the game company that make it? Maybe they will replace the disc for you.
zeden
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 2 2011, 02:22 PM) *
A friend used sellotape on the clear part. While a far from perfect solution and not actually repairing it, it's stopped it from cracking further and reaching the rest of the disk. No game shop I know can do it (I tried trading a game without realising there was a crack in the middle, and was told they couldn't fix it when I asked).

I've known someone to try this and have the disc explode inside his drive so I'll pass on that idea.

QUOTE (Atara @ Jan 2 2011, 03:19 PM) *
Which Guitar Hero is it? We have one of them for the 360 that will never be played so i could sned it to you if it is the right one...2 I think

It's World Tour, though I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth...

QUOTE (Baz @ Jan 2 2011, 05:47 PM) *
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer or even the game company that make it? Maybe they will replace the disc for you.

Seems like the most likely solutions. Seems they've got some form of obligation legally speaking to replace the disc at a small charge.

cheers peeps.
Bloomeeney
Got Kinect with Your Shape fitness thingy last week. I now ache like crazy, but cheaper than a gym membership though.

Also, picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum yesterday for a tenner from Morrisons! Probably get round to playing it sometime mid-June when I finish Fallout NV. wacko.gif
blackcherry
I am thoroughly enjoying Heavy Rain although I may have traumatised Niel by making him kill a man. Also despite our best efforts, Madison died.
Rua
Heavy Rain is tops.

I picked up Dead Space for 10 the other day and it's a little belter. Enjoying it very much.
Jimmay
I've been mostly spending my Christmas intermittently playing Plants Vs Zombies with Sarah (which is aces and great fun to play with someone else) and Fable III. I am now trying desperately to hoarde as much money as possible while remaining an all round nice chap and I'm about halfway to my target so far.

Next game on my list is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit which I didn't give any attention as the only racing games I like are the Burnout ones (and then found out that it's made by the same people and is basically Burnout with weapons and police cars.)
blackcherry
QUOTE (Rua @ Jan 4 2011, 11:59 AM) *
Heavy Rain is tops.

It really is. I'm not much of a gamer so I make the decisions and Niel does the button pressing. I've found it more engaging than any other game I've played/watched.
logger
I've just ordered it.
Hobbes
I really want to play Heavy Rain, but alas I have no PS3. Pshht, Sony. Pshht.
Rua
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Jan 4 2011, 12:24 PM) *
It really is. I'm not much of a gamer so I make the decisions and Niel does the button pressing. I've found it more engaging than any other game I've played/watched.

You're like Poirot & Hastings.
monkeyman
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Jan 4 2011, 12:24 PM) *

It really is phenomenal. I killed that guy too and felt like a right bastard for it, I would have done the same in his position though; I decided to make all actions as if I was the character rather than what I think the game wanted etc and I got happy endings for everyone (except...Lauren) and had no-one die on my first go. Was awesome.
Outatime
We got Little Big Planet for the Christmas, I thought I was doing quite well because there weren't any bosses, then the bosses showed up. I'm still enjoying it though. Before we started playing LBP we completed Super Mario Galaxy 2 which I though was better than the first one, I even managed to play some of the later levels when we got to the green stars although I'm much more use when I'm playing as player two.
GundamGuy_UK
Mass Effect 2: Overlord was amazing.
14 hours into the game, now. Do loyalty missions just present themselves, or do I have to keep talking to everyone until they mention it?
zeden
f memory serves you'll need to get peoples conversation options to the point where they repeat themselves then just check back from time to time. Most of them unlock from working your way through their options then progressing further in the game.

I finished the first part of the Back to the Future game today and I'm certainly looking forward to the next bit when it's out in a month. A decent four to five hours of nostalgia wrapped up in some nice variations on the tried and tested point and click gameplay of ye olde days.

Also picked up Guitar Hero - Warriors of Rock. Pretty decent selection of tracks on this one by my standard, quite a few classics from my teens and a decent difficulty curve.
Still bashing through easily on expert for now, though once I get into the territory of Dragon Force et al I expect I'll have to drop down to hard.
GundamGuy_UK
Actually, it seems they all just appear in the Journal so long as you've spoken to them about themselves once. The Journal just says the very Carth Onassi-like line of "It looks like Garrus wants to talk to you about something", and then there's a new option on the wheel that says something like [LOYALTY MISSION]. So it's pretty hard to miss, really.

Thanks for the help, though! I'm at a point where I can easily say where I am. I've recruited all the people, done the Horizon mission, got Tali, and just boarded the Collector ship. I've also done all DLC apart from Lair of the Shadow Broker, and I've surveyed every world possible thus far. I'm onto the second disc and about 20 hours in, so my guess is I've maybe another 10-15 to go (Shadow Broker is upping that quite a bit, I've heard it's very long). So I've got to get the last two people, do all the loyalty missions apart from Zaeed and Kasumi, and then it's through the Omega-4 Relay I go.

It looks like there's one more party slot than there are people I can recruit - is that for the last DLC that's to come, or does Shadow Broker give me someone?
NiteFall
I don't think Shadow Broker gives you anyone. Who do you have so far?
Everlong
I'm going to get Mass Effect 2 DLC after payday. Loving it so far.

I think I've picked up most people. I have Miranda and Jacob obviously, and pretty much everyone before Tali (I assume she's the other one) I have Mordin, Grunt, Jack, Samara, Garrus and Thane.

I find myself going through it a lot faster, and with a good few side missions to do. I'm actually playing it more than New Vegas, shockingly.
monkeyman
Has anyone played Amnesia: Dark Descent?
I only played about 30-40 minutes in a well lit room with Hayleigh there and (as much as I hate to say it) I can already say it is already more anxiety inducing and "scary" than Silent Hill 2. That's saying a lot because SH2 is (or I guess was) the pinnacle of anxiety inducing gaming.
Check out the trailer here
That pretty much sums up the game (as I've played it) so far. Fuck me when the enemies start attacking the doors to get to you.....also if you look at the enemies directly, it drains your "sanity", which is a bad thing and makes them more likely to spot you; so you have to hide in darkness without looking at them and trying to figure out if they've gone or if they're behind you. Creepy creepy stuff.

I also played and finished X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's rough around the edges but by Christ it's fun. Lots of gore, awesome real time damage and regeneration to Logan (well, from the waist up); it really is cool to see his musculature and skin get blown away and then reform. The graphics aren't the best but they're not bad at all.
The combat is arcadey, I think it'd be great to see something more like Arkham Asylum, but quicker. Oh and the having to lunge at most bosses/big enemies is silly but there's enough fodder to tear up and a good upgrade system to keep things fun and fresh and give a sense of progression.
I'd love to see a follow up released with an upgraded engine, but it's been years so I doubt that'll happen sad.gif (the ending cutscene looked so promising as well). Oh and the CG cutscenes are gorgeous and brutal. Great stuff.
logger
The last of my games has arrived. Now to spend the next few weeks on Fallout, Halo Reach, Heavy Rain and Dead Rising 2.
Hobbes
This thread is making me want to play ME2 again. The more I think about it, the more I remember enjoying it. Plus Thane is such a badass it's unbelievable, he was my favourite of the squad members in terms of characterisation. Although Miranda does have the advantage of looking like Yvonne Strahovski, which is a plus, certainly.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 10 2011, 12:02 PM) *
I don't think Shadow Broker gives you anyone. Who do you have so far?

I looked for a picture of the character select screen, and spoiled myself a little. The other slot is for a Geth, though I have absolutely no idea how you go about recruiting them.
NiteFall
Oh, he appears as part of the story progression, don't worry about missing him.
Hobbes
He has got a loyalty mission, though (if it's Legion that you're talking about).
sweetbutinsane
The white Nintendo DSi is 89.99 on Amazon, so I pounced on it. Got Super Scribblenauts for 10 and a free accessory pack. Not bad. Can't wait for it arriving now - it'll certainly help speed my uni commute up! happy.gif
monkeyman
Get an R4 card >.>

Deus ex had been blue screening occasionally and now it seems to have borked itself to the point where it won't start anymore. I have to say I'm quite glad as I was getting a bit bored of it. There's lots that I love so much but the retarded AI, terrible shooting and inconsistent stealth suck. Product of it's age I guess, still, it's made me look forward to Human Revolution more.
I'm going to start KOTOR1 (2 won't run on my netbook sad.gif), any suggestions for mods to use?
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 10 2011, 08:07 PM) *
Get an R4 card >.>

Naughty. biggrin.gif
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 10 2011, 08:07 PM) *
I'm going to start KOTOR1 (2 won't run on my netbook sad.gif), any suggestions for mods to use?

I can't remember which files are specifically worth getting as I've not played in ages, but check out this link right here for a list of the best stuff.
Outatime
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jan 10 2011, 08:27 PM) *
Naughty. biggrin.gif

They don't seem to work with the DSi.
monkeyman
R4i wink.gif

Cheers Zeden. I've found something that should let me run KOTOR 2, it emulates hardware T&L, I still can't get Amnesia to run omit, which is such a shame as it's amazing sad.gif
Jimmay
So is Dragon Age: Origins really worth playing because I started it last night and so far it's like an idependent game. All the characters look like they were made from the same base model, the voice acting and script is really laboured and disjointed and the animations and graphics seem really bare. Maybe I've just been spoilt by Mass Effect but people have told me it's well worth playing. What do people on here think?
Silky
Installed Neverwinter Nights 2. Comp over heated.
Damn you windows 7. I need more RAM.
monkeyman
You're not missing much. Personally I only really liked one character (Shale) and didn't think the story or combat was great, though some of the moral choices were cool and interesting, they were a lot more grey than most other games. Some of the quest areas were dumb and tedious as well (especially the dwarven area). I doubt I'd ever play it again.

Game was damn fugly too, especially on PS3.
GundamGuy_UK
Dragon Age had been out for several months before I discovered it wasn't an MMO.

It certainly looks like one, and that's not a compliment.
Silky
Dragon Age Dissapointed me, considering the quality of the games that came before it.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 14 2011, 02:44 PM) *
You're not missing much. Personally I only really liked one character (Shale) and didn't think the story or combat was great, though some of the moral choices were cool and interesting, they were a lot more grey than most other games. Some of the quest areas were dumb and tedious as well (especially the dwarven area). I doubt I'd ever play it again.

Game was damn fugly too, especially on PS3.

I got it on the very cheap so I think I'll invest my time in something better, like Mass Effect 2 for example.
Silky
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 14 2011, 03:10 PM) *
I got it on the very cheap so I think I'll invest my time in something better, like Mass Effect 2 for example.

Yes, do that.
Rua
Dragon Age stinks. Horribly over-rated & terribly boring.

Everlong
QUOTE (Silky @ Jan 14 2011, 02:57 PM) *
Dragon Age Dissapointed me, considering the quality of the games that came before it.

Yeah, after playing Mass Effect 1, I was expecting something a lot better than Dragon Age from Bioware.

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 14 2011, 03:10 PM) *
I think I'll invest my time in something better, like Mass Effect 2 for example.

Good choice. Though I limit gaming to just the weekends now, it's getting a lot more attention from me than Fallout NV, surprisingly for me.
Silky
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 14 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Yeah, after playing Mass Effect 1, I was expecting something a lot better than Dragon Age from Bioware.

Yeah, but going even further back to games like Baldur's Gate. Such a brilliantly done game. The sequel is probably one of my favourite games of all time.
I still play it now and then, about a decade later.
logger
Just had my first proper glitch on New Vegas (I know, I'm late to the party). I was attacked by some ghouls and a glowing one and every time I looked in their direction the screen went black. I was still able to use vats against them and was lucky that I ended up on a ledge where they couldn't get to me and was able to pick them off, eventually.
zeden
I'll stand alone in my liking of Dragon Age I suppose. The console version does look pretty ropey and it certainly has it's problems with pacing and difficulty in places but I found the characterisation and story in general managed to elevate it. By the end of the game the quality of the conversations between my character and my team mates got to the pont where I kind of knew them as individuals. It felt a lot like an evolution of the gameplay from Knights of the Old Republic to me so that's probably why I'm a fan.
I have to ask those who have ditched it rather quickly, how far did you get before you lost patience?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.