Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Silky
Yeah, I cannot sing the praises of Mass Effect loudly enough. Dragon Age 2 might even arrive today. Fingers crossed.
Silky
It's arrived. A day early. biggrin.gif
NiteFall
Being a naughty boy I've been playing Dragon Age 2 for the last couple of days and I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. I don't fully agree with the decision to limit the equipment you can equip your NPCs with, but there are a bunch of nice little touches that make it really nice. I like the extremely spartan UI that the PC version has and the option at vendors to click one button to sell all your junk is one that every RPG should have in my opinion.
Llama
I only just started the first Dragon Age a couple of weeks ago... I'm so behind. But I did realise that Dan Lobb off Daybreak is actually Alistair.

NiteFall
Best bit of random NPC dialogue so far between the sexy pirate rogue and the more than slightly gay elf warrior-

So what's with that magical fisting thing you do?
Errr, what?
You know, when you stick your hand into people.
Oh, that! It's err, a talent!

laugh.gif
Bloomeeney
Just started playing Fable 3, love the fact that there is a place called 'Mourningwood'. Had me giggling for ages.

Got Mass Effect 2 waiting in the wings too which I am mightily looking forward to.

*EDIT* Just found out the Peggster voices the character of Ben Finn! Wonder who he is.... (Finn, not Pegg obv.)
zeden
Managed to squeeze an hour of Dragon Age 2 in before work last night and it was a tease seeing as I barely got past the demo content. I'm liking the sheer volume of free content that's being given away through various sources, especially the return of the Blood Dragon armor as I didn't expect that to make a second appearance.

I've spent a good chunk of the night getting to grips with the surprisingly payable Facebook game in order to unlock some more free stuff for DA2 and I'd say that it's worth at least a passing look if you're a fan of the series seeing as it's not one of these pointless item trading games and more of a tactical RPG. Another nice little bonus for that is Bioware having linked other games to it so because I've played Mass Effect and signed up for the beta of the Facebook game I get some N7 armor as well as some stuff based on the Deaths Hand character from their increasingl forgotten classic Jade Empire.
Silky
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 11 2011, 06:59 AM) *
Managed to squeeze an hour of Dragon Age 2 in before work last night and it was a tease seeing as I barely got past the demo content. I'm liking the sheer volume of free content that's being given away through various sources, especially the return of the Blood Dragon armor as I didn't expect that to make a second appearance.

I've spent a good chunk of the night getting to grips with the surprisingly payable Facebook game in order to unlock some more free stuff for DA2 and I'd say that it's worth at least a passing look if you're a fan of the series seeing as it's not one of these pointless item trading games and more of a tactical RPG. Another nice little bonus for that is Bioware having linked other games to it so because I've played Mass Effect and signed up for the beta of the Facebook game I get some N7 armor as well as some stuff based on the Deaths Hand character from their increasingl forgotten classic Jade Empire.

Awesome. I managed to get a good few hours into it, but I've still berely scratched the surface. I pre-ordered from game though, but I've seen no sign of of my pre order bonus content. No insert in the box for it. Strange.
I did have an "Oh my god" moment opening the box and discovering an insert advertising the latest DLC for ME2.
I loved Jade Empire.
Oh Teh Noes
I need to get Fable 3. I still need to get around to finishing Fallout 3 too, though...
sweetbutinsane
I need to get cracking on one of the endings for Fallout New Vegas instead of just wandering about trying to find other quests.
monkeyman
Played GT5, remembered how god awful I am at racing games. Popped in Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Am trying to remember the ending of AC2.
Tempted to start playing ME2
zeden
QUOTE (Silky @ Mar 11 2011, 08:52 AM) *
I pre-ordered from game though, but I've seen no sign of of my pre order bonus content. No insert in the box for it. Strange.

Not even for the Black Emporium? That's all that was in the box for me. I was expecting something that unlocked the shield and sword I'd seen as one of the bonuses but when I checked Biowares site it seemed like you had to pre-order from specific places to get it. I could have sworn that wasn't clear when I was ordering but ultimately a few items wont be missed, especially seeing as I've yet to hit even a minor bump in terms of combat thus far.

Speaking of the Black Emporium, I'll be damned if that isn't likely to be one of the funniest places in the game. The tales scattered around detailing the items on offer and the voice acting mixed to make a few moments I couldn't help but laugh out loud at. "Don't touch the urchin, get your own!"

The few pop culture references I've caught so far have given me a chuckle too, Aveline noting that every town needs a "hive of scum and villainy" was a nice touch.

I'm loving the call backs that I've caught in the brief time I've played as well. Meeting Sandal and Bodahn early on was a pleasant surprise, especially when Sandal managed to utter words other than "Enchantment!".
I also caught mention of a falling pigeon population in Kirkwall. Shale anyone?
fatseff1234
I've traded some stuff in and gotten Borderlands (Awesome) and Dragon Age: Origins.

I never really agreed with DA:O before but seeing as there's a sequel on the go I thought I'd better try again.
Atara
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 10 2011, 08:52 AM) *
Sorry for the double post but I just finished Mass Effect again and I HAVE to repeat just how awesome the ending is. And then the credits play and it is epic. I frickin' love M4 pt2, such an excellent song to end things on. The hair on the back of my neck has been on end since I fired the last shot.

I Prefer the ME story to ME2 and the score/soundtrack was also much better than 2. I mind you hadn't listened to the song on the credits first time round and I insisted you did. So fitting to the rest of the score.
Atara
FFS Killzone 3
Silky
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 12 2011, 06:05 AM) *
Not even for the Black Emporium? That's all that was in the box for me. I was expecting something that unlocked the shield and sword I'd seen as one of the bonuses but when I checked Biowares site it seemed like you had to pre-order from specific places to get it. I could have sworn that wasn't clear when I was ordering but ultimately a few items wont be missed, especially seeing as I've yet to hit even a minor bump in terms of combat thus far.

Speaking of the Black Emporium, I'll be damned if that isn't likely to be one of the funniest places in the game. The tales scattered around detailing the items on offer and the voice acting mixed to make a few moments I couldn't help but laugh out loud at. "Don't touch the urchin, get your own!"

The few pop culture references I've caught so far have given me a chuckle too, Aveline noting that every town needs a "hive of scum and villainy" was a nice touch.

I'm loving the call backs that I've caught in the brief time I've played as well. Meeting Sandal and Bodahn early on was a pleasant surprise, especially when Sandal managed to utter words other than "Enchantment!".
I also caught mention of a falling pigeon population in Kirkwall. Shale anyone?

Oh yes. I preordered it from Game, and all I got was the Black Emporium. Luckily I havea friend who works there so he just gave me the code.

It is a genuinley funny game. There's a quest when you have to find a guardsman who sold out, and the guy giving you the guest "has no idea where you'd find a swordsman willing to sell himself cheap." Then Hawke says "The Hanged Man." Varric nods and says "The Hanged Man" and Aveline says "It has to be."
It's funny then it sounds.
zeden
I miss the days of knowing someone who works in Game, the sheer number of t-shirts I used to get was silly.

The first footage of Deus Ex 3 has hit the net. I hope there's an option to turn off the orange lines around all the objects you can interact with, I'm not sure I want my hand held quite that much while I play.
monkeyman
That game is looking so good and I'm yet to read a negative preview of it (not that I've looked!)
I hope you can turn the orange outline off too, it's uneccesary and ruins the aesthetics a bit. I'm hoping it's an option you can disable or an upgrade you can avoid (a bit like the one in Fallout New Vegas, I think with Rex, all objects you could interact with got highlighted).
I am glad it's been delayed till august though.

Just read the IGN review for Dissidia 2, it's more of the sane with a few additions; like MVC like assists from other characters, it's a prequel to the first game and when you finish Dissidia 2 you unlock and can play through Dissidia 1 with all the tweaks and improvements from Dissidia 2, noice smile.gif.
monkeyman
New Arkham City trailer with a bunch of gameplay
Aw yeah
Atara
And no sound. Yay!

Want to play Dragon Age 2
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 15 2011, 02:27 PM) *

Nice. Any word on what the Collector's Edition will be like? The Asylum one looked really nice.
Atara
The Asylum one was a nasty piece of turd. It was a rip off and a joke. The batarang was one block of nasty grey plastic with the front Of the Batarang part painted black. The fame got a rubbish paper sleeve rather than the real one with decent art work.

I want the Mortal Kombat collectors edition!
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 15 2011, 06:18 PM) *
Nice. Any word on what the Collector's Edition will be like? The Asylum one looked really nice.

Yeah Hayleigh speaks the truth. Batarang was awful and tacky looking and the game has no case which is irritating when I've got it sitting on the shelf as the artwork for the normal version is nice. I'm not sure I even watched the bonus DVD; they have a lot to make up for!

Trailer with sound here...

Silky
Dragon Age 2 completed. smile.gif Overall very pleased. The odd glitch but nothing I can't live with.
Now to finish that Mass Effect 2 play through I started before, throw in some Homeworld, then return to Dragon Age 2 as a sexy lady mage.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Atara @ Mar 15 2011, 06:37 PM) *
The Asylum one was a nasty piece of turd. It was a rip off and a joke. The batarang was one block of nasty grey plastic with the front Of the Batarang part painted black. The fame got a rubbish paper sleeve rather than the real one with decent art work.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 15 2011, 07:46 PM) *
Yeah Hayleigh speaks the truth. Batarang was awful and tacky looking and the game has no case which is irritating when I've got it sitting on the shelf as the artwork for the normal version is nice. I'm not sure I even watched the bonus DVD; they have a lot to make up for!

Trailer with sound here...

That's a shame.
zeden
The last piece of Mass Effect 2 DLC has been dated and priced. March 29th for a reasonable 560ms or 5.49 on PS3. Once it's out I'll start up my second play of ME2 in preparation for the sequel.
Rua
PS3 RLOD! or YLOD! depending on who you listen too.

I shall attempt to fix this, after I educate myself online, as I'm well out of warranty having had it over 3 years. What a jip though. It isn't overplayed & it has been kept clean and well ventilated.
monkeyman
Cool video showing 3 alternate ways to tackle an early section in Deus Ex: HR
Still looks very promising, though that outlining of objects is very distracting...
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Interesting...
monkeyman
I don't remember Veronica very well, and I thought Resi4 was decent but not amazing, I might pick it up mostly to play Veronica. I'd much prefer HD remakes of Resi 1-3
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 23 2011, 11:41 AM) *
I don't remember Veronica very well, and I thought Resi4 was decent but not amazing, I might pick it up mostly to play Veronica. I'd much prefer HD remakes of Resi 1-3

I would like to see those too. Hopefully if these remakes sell well (and if this happens at all of course) we might see the other games arrive.

The Nemesis in HD would be pretty awesome.
monkeyman
I friggin adore Nemesis. I was playing it on my PSP but it seems there's a certain part you can't get past on the ripped EBOOT. There may be a way around it now though, I think I'll have another look tonight as I've suddenly got a real hankering to play it. I love Resi2 as well but I've played that so many times I'm not sure I can be bothered to play again right now.
The resident evil games used to be so bloody good, cheesy sure, but just great games.
zeden
Back to the well for Capcom, what a surprise. General meh-ness for that announcement. My only thought is how will they release DLC for those games?

I've had a couple of odd glitches playing Dragon Age 2, though thankfully nothing game breaking like I experienced in the first game. The spell cone of cold is an irritating one because when I use it I can't use normal attacks or spells without first pausing and unpausing the game. I've also had the game hang on cut scenes with the little "loading" thing in the corner only to find that pressing the Xbox button then leaving the menu will trigger the game to load instantly.
Then there was this one -

I'm starting to think Obsidian have secretly worked on this game given the number of issues, Bioware seem to have fumbled a bit with this release alas.
monkeyman
DLC for character skins, 5 a pop!

I might get it but really they aren't the most interesting Resident Evil games. I really hope they look at dab response and sort their shit with Resi 6/a reboot
Silky
Funniest line in DA2.
Isabella - "Apostate Prositutes?...Appostitues. *laughter*

It made me chuckle and cheered me right up.
monkeyman
Is it worth my time playing Ocarina of time? I've tried playing it before and never made it out of the village mostly because the emulation sucked and I couldn't be bothered with it.
I fancy playing a (semi) open RPG on my PSP that I haven't played before and everyone does seem to go on about it
logger
I gave up after a couple of islands.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 24 2011, 03:10 PM) *
Is it worth my time playing Ocarina of time? I've tried playing it before and never made it out of the village mostly because the emulation sucked and I couldn't be bothered with it.
I fancy playing a (semi) open RPG on my PSP that I haven't played before and everyone does seem to go on about it

Yes.

That is all.

Still contends for best game ever award, fanboy-ism aside it's still a startling masterpiece of a game.

QUOTE (logger @ Mar 24 2011, 03:26 PM) *
I gave up after a couple of islands.

Islands? unsure.gif

Also I'm excited about the resi remakes, maybe they'll release games 1-3 as DLC?
Julie
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Mar 24 2011, 02:46 PM) *
Yes.

That is all.

Still contends for best game ever award, fanboy-ism aside it's still a startling masterpiece of a game.

Agreed.
logger
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Mar 24 2011, 06:46 PM) *
Islands? unsure.gif

Oh yeah, I was thinking of Wind Walker.

Ocarina of Time, I think I got stuck inside a big fish.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Have played a little bit of the Beyond Good and Evil HD demo.

Is good. I think I may have to purchase it.
zeden
I've never been the biggest Zelda fan so for my money you could skip Ocarina of Time. It's very well put together and the gameplay has the usual Nintendo thing where they exhaust every possible use for a given item or ability but unless you're driven to play it wont suck you in. I got to the end of the water temple when I played then my rental ran out and it had to go back to the shop.
Truth be told I had more fun playing Mystical Ninja Goemon, not because it's a better game but because it's got a fun plot and silly OTT Japanese madness. The Plasma fortune teller is the most fun, what with his Engrish voice sample of "PRASUMA!" and all.
monkeyman
laugh.gif
I think I'll give OOT a look, might play a little bit of Mario 64 too. And Pokemanz stadium
zeden
Check out this fool who's upset that Anders came onto him in Dragon Age 2.
I'll admit that I find the completely flexible sexuality of the characters a bit jarring but it doesn't cause offence at all. In fact I'm better served in the enjoyable romance department by DA2 than Origins, Merrill is the girl I'm after. Alas I fear our romance may never come to pass as her ideals and mine don't sit alongside each other very well.
Am I sad for having so little luck in real life that I'm currently quite enamoured with a fictional character? Maybe but sod it, she's got a nice voice and knows magic and shit.
Rua
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 25 2011, 01:17 AM) *
...she's got a nice voice and knows magic and shit.

That's what attracted me to Bronagh.

Ocarina of Time is well worth a play, but particularly if you're a Zelda fan, I can see why the old mechanics & gameplay would do someone elses head in. I'm tackling Majora's Mask at the minute & either I'm getting old or this is a lot tougher than I remember. About halfway through & it's ruddy frustrating.

It does have Aliens in it though, which I forgot.
Silky
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 25 2011, 01:17 AM) *
Check out this fool who's upset that Anders came onto him in Dragon Age 2.
I'll admit that I find the completely flexible sexuality of the characters a bit jarring but it doesn't cause offence at all. In fact I'm better served in the enjoyable romance department by DA2 than Origins, Merrill is the girl I'm after. Alas I fear our romance may never come to pass as her ideals and mine don't sit alongside each other very well.
Am I sad for having so little luck in real life that I'm currently quite enamoured with a fictional character? Maybe but sod it, she's got a nice voice and knows magic and shit.

Not at all, I chose Merrill my first play through. biggrin.gif
And I get fairly enamoured too.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Rua @ Mar 25 2011, 09:47 AM) *
That's what attracted me to Bronagh.

Ocarina of Time is well worth a play, but particularly if you're a Zelda fan, I can see why the old mechanics & gameplay would do someone elses head in. I'm tackling Majora's Mask at the minute & either I'm getting old or this is a lot tougher than I remember. About halfway through & it's ruddy frustrating.

It does have Aliens in it though, which I forgot.

The closest I've come to playing a Zelda game is 3D-Dot Heroes which is basically one massive homage to Zelda, and I like what ive played of that so far.

fatseff1234
Just play Ocarina Of Time, the fact that you haven't played it already is a travesty to be honest.

It genuinely is one of the best games of the generation.

@ Zeden:

I can see why the water temple may have left you with a negative view, awful temple that was. To this day there is nothing quite like Ocarina though, it's a real must-play.

And I'm sure we've had this conversation about kinky elf girls...
zeden
You've got me all wrong. I didn't stop because the game bored me, I stopped because I was 14 and couldn't afford to rent it again. What stops me playing it again is the lack of plot to drive me on. Progress is slow and without a decent plot I lose interest. I had Shining Force 3 creating a nice distraction at the time if memory serves.
NiteFall
Damn but Crysis 2 is shiny, even on my ageing system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.