Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I have no idea what any of you are going on about smile.gif

I may pick up FEAR 3 tonight. If I play anymore Dragon Age 2 my right thumb may fall off.

On the subject of DA2, it's very helpful that Bioware haven't given any indication of details of the new DLC except by dumping all the achievements for it into the game. Confused me a bit that did.

I am enjoying winding up the templars at every opportunity though.
Silky
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jun 27 2011, 04:01 PM) *
I am enjoying winding up the templars at every opportunity though.

Those bunglers deserve it. I mean, come on. They make out like they have such a hard job finding mages.

GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 27 2011, 12:26 PM) *
I've always chosen fire. I feel like I got a bit ripped off in White. Stupid giant pig man.

Hey! Emboar is awesome!

Also, check out what I got:

I can't wait to play Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy II and III (ie IV and VI, but that's what they were called then) etc, the way God (Nintendo) intended.
Llama
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 27 2011, 12:53 PM) *
Obviously you should go with fire. Nobody has ever said "Kill it with water!" or "Kill it with grass!" have they?

That was always my argument to my friend who always picked grass.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 27 2011, 02:31 PM) *
His final form is awesome!
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 28 2011, 01:59 AM) *
Hey! Emboar is awesome!

I remain unconvinced of giant pigman. He just makes me miss my Charizard.
GundamGuy_UK
He's a Fire and Fighting type who sets his own hands on fire in order to punch things harder. What's not to like?
The Grass-type is the odd one of the bunch - all it's good for are status altering attacks, and who uses those really?
zeden
Infernape has got to be my favorite starter, for obvious reasons. Ain't nothin' gonna beat a flaming monkey in my mind. Well, apart from multiple flaming monkeys of course.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 28 2011, 09:54 PM) *
He's a Fire and Fighting type who sets his own hands on fire in order to punch things harder. What's not to like?

He's just so damn ugly. I want my pretty dragon back.
sweetbutinsane
Right, second playthrough of Fable 3 has begun. I already own all of the Dweller Camp (minus the shops) and three homes in Brightwall. Still got a long way to go to earn all of the money I need...
GundamGuy_UK
Link to the Past is so much fun. I just sat down to have a quick go, and before I knew it I was stood on the pyramid in the Dark World after going through the castle the second time. I've never actually gotten this far before... as a kid I'd always get stuck in the third dungeon with all the falling through holes puzzles.

Which Zelda game do people think is best? Link's Awakening gets my vote, it's just so replayable and for the time it came out it was phenomenal for a handheld game. I've not played Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess (yet), or the two NES and DS games, though.
zeden
If anyone has a free 45 minutes to kill the second episode of the gaming podcast I hope to refine into a bi-weekly affair is up here. I'd really appreciate any feedback you good people might have.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 30 2011, 01:19 AM) *
Link to the Past is so much fun. I just sat down to have a quick go, and before I knew it I was stood on the pyramid in the Dark World after going through the castle the second time. I've never actually gotten this far before... as a kid I'd always get stuck in the third dungeon with all the falling through holes puzzles.

Which Zelda game do people think is best? Link's Awakening gets my vote, it's just so replayable and for the time it came out it was phenomenal for a handheld game. I've not played Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess (yet), or the two NES and DS games, though.

Ocarina Of Time.

And @Eden: Podcasting is win.
monkeyman
Seff, check out the Project Zomboid pre-alpha demo and tell me what you think.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jun 29 2011, 08:24 PM) *
Right, second playthrough of Fable 3 has begun. I already own all of the Dweller Camp (minus the shops) and three homes in Brightwall. Still got a long way to go to earn all of the money I need...

Make that all of the Dweller Camp, Mercenary Camp, Mourningwood (except the Fort) and Brightwall (minus the tavern, three shops and two houses that aren't available for sale yet). Oh, and Sunset House. I've become obsessed with owning the whole of Albion now. I haven't even got to Bowerstone yet.
Silky
Anyone else play Shogun 2 Total War? I want to get into the online, but pretty much everyone else seems to be about ten levels ahead of me, with elite veteran units. My Yari Ashigari don't stand a chance.
Jon 79
Getting myself a PS3. Was wondering if you've any recommendations... What game or games d'you reckon I can't live without? Go.
Silky
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jun 30 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Getting myself a PS3. Was wondering if you've any recommendations... What game or games d'you reckon I can't live without? Go.

Little Big Planet is a ridiculous amount of fun. Also worth picking up Portal 2 for PS3 as you get a free PC copy with it, and you can use save games from one format on the other.
Besides that, I don't really know. I enjoyed Uncharted, it's a pretty fun adventure romp.

My PS3 is pretty much only a Bluray player these days.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 1 2011, 09:02 AM) *
My PS3 is pretty much only a Bluray player these days.

I'm really mostly getting it for it's blu-ray capabilities... But I figured it's been about a decade since I last played games, I might as well get a few. It's time to awaken my inner child.

I did hear that Little Big Planet was good.
Silky
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:22 PM) *
I'm really mostly getting it for it's blu-ray capabilities... But I figured it's been about a decade since I last played games, I might as well get a few. It's time to awaken my inner child.

I did hear that Little Big Planet was good.

Especially for the inner child. A lot of the user created levels are very good too. People have made Sonic and Mario Cart using LBP.
monkeyman
Littlebigplanet 2, the Infamous series (I can give you a code for 50% off of the first one), Id say Demons Souls but Datk Souls (spiritual successor) will be out soon so maybe worth leaving it, the Uncharted series is fantastic; really modern day Indiana Jones type fare with great characters and dialogue (also graphics and gameplay!), God of War 3 (the 1st 2 have HD upgraded versions on the store and are great and well priced), Heavy Rain, do you like Kart racers? Modnation racers is great, Metal Gear Solid 4 (2 & 3 are getting HD releases and the 1st is on the store), Killzone 2/3, The Sly Trilogy, Valkyria Chronicles (if you like RPG's you need this).

Uncharted and Valkyria chronicles are probably my biggest reccomendations. Both amazing games/series. And add me smile.gif PSNID: Goseki1
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:22 PM) *
it's been about a decade since I last played games

What kind of games did you like?
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 30 2011, 06:44 PM) *
Seff, check out the Project Zomboid pre-alpha demo and tell me what you think.

I think I came, twice.

And Jon, you can't go much wrong with Uncharted.
monkeyman
The features they're talking about for the full game sound aaaaawwsome
Jon 79
I now have my PS3... but need an hdmi cable. Does anyone know if a cheap hdmi make any kind of difference to a stupidly expensive one?

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 1 2011, 10:06 AM) *
What kind of games did you like?

I loved Resident Evil and silent hill... but that was when i watched a lot of horror movies, and a scary video game was still a novelty (not so much now). I played (and completed) Tomb Raider 1 and 2... and Descent. I liked any film tie-ins like Alien Trilogy, X-Wing, Golden eye ..and Apocalypse (which basically starred John McClane). I also enjoyed GTA 2 and 3.

I like puzzle games. Myst was cool. ...and logic games: Lemmings is my all time favourite. I was also a fan of 2d platformers (Super Mario 1 & 3!).

Not really into sports game (apart from racing), or 1 on 1 fighting games.
When it comes to 1st person shoot em ups, I really depends on the feel of the game, and the scenario/story.

Also I should say.... I love science fiction.
monkeyman
I'd just get a £10 HDMI from Game. They're fine smile.gif.

You should pick up Dead Space. Like Resident Evil but not as cheesy and set in Space. The first is great but The sequel is much better.
NiteFall
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 2 2011, 12:07 PM) *
I now have my PS3... but need an hdmi cable. Does anyone know if a cheap hdmi make any kind of difference to a stupidly expensive one?

None at all. As HDMI is a digital signal it doesn't suffer from signal degredation and therefore the cable does not make one iota of a difference. In fact, this is true of all cables, I saw a very informative article where some "audiophiles" were exposed to the same piece of music played 3 times through the same setup, with the only difference being the quality of the speaker cabling used, not one of them could tell the difference. Expensive cables are one of the biggest cons foisted on the general public.
monkeyman
I remember being disgusted in Currys when I saw they had £60 HDMI cables, and they aren't even the mist expensive by a long shot!
Jon 79
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 3 2011, 01:35 AM) *
I remember being disgusted in Currys when I saw they had £60 HDMI cables, and they aren't even the mist expensive by a long shot!

For £60 I expect them to actually transfer and replicate matter from one end of the cable to the other.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jul 2 2011, 12:40 PM) *
None at all. As HDMI is a digital signal it doesn't suffer from signal degredation and therefore the cable does not make one iota of a difference. In fact, this is true of all cables, I saw a very informative article where some "audiophiles" were exposed to the same piece of music played 3 times through the same setup, with the only difference being the quality of the speaker cabling used, not one of them could tell the difference. Expensive cables are one of the biggest cons foisted on the general public.

The only other difference is that sometimes cheap HDMI cables can be way too short and sometimes incredibly rigid so you can't bend them at a sensible angle to plug them in. But you can easily spot that by just having a look at it in the shop first.

As for PS3 games - both Uncharted games, Heavy Rain... and uh... That's pretty much it as far as exclusives go. Joe Danger on the PSN store is good fun too.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 2 2011, 12:07 PM) *
I loved Resident Evil and silent hill... but that was when i watched a lot of horror movies, and a scary video game was still a novelty (not so much now). I played (and completed) Tomb Raider 1 and 2... and Descent. I liked any film tie-ins like Alien Trilogy, X-Wing, Golden eye ..and Apocalypse (which basically starred John McClane). I also enjoyed GTA 2 and 3.

I like puzzle games. Myst was cool. ...and logic games: Lemmings is my all time favourite. I was also a fan of 2d platformers (Super Mario 1 & 3!).

Not really into sports game (apart from racing), or 1 on 1 fighting games.
When it comes to 1st person shoot em ups, I really depends on the feel of the game, and the scenario/story.

Also I should say.... I love science fiction.

Resident Evil and Silent Hill have gone to shit so skip those. I'd suggest picking up Grand Theft Auto IV, because it's very cheap now and will give you at LEAST thirty hours of fun, and that's without any mindless rampaging you decide to do. You might like Heavy Rain if you liked Myst, but I've never played Heavy Rain so I can't really recommend it myself. Mass Effect 2 is definitely worth getting if you like sci-fi, as its plot is basically the best ideas from all the other major franchises - it sounds rubbish when I put it that way, but it's really damned good.

If you like 2D platformers, you really must get LittleBIGplanet.
sweetbutinsane
I'm a millionaire! On Fable 3, that is. If only it was so easy in real life... 1.8 million in gold plus however much all my properties are worth isn't bad going so far. If the citizens of Albion still aren't happy with me after I give them everything they want and save all of their miserable lives, I may have to go on a killing spree.
Jon 79
I think my PS3 may be faulty. Though I'm not sure... See the thing is, I've been plugging it into my PC monitor with an HDMI cable. It gets a picture but there is some blue snowy video noise and the left side of the screen. Also my monitor is only picking up a 720x576 picture, but it should be capable of 1080p. If i change the output on the playstation, my monitor doesn't like it.. makes a noise and eventually reverts back to the way it was.

Is it my set up, or is the PS3 actually faulty? (I did buy it 2nd hand)

I don't have an HD tv to try it on. Any suggestions?
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jul 2 2011, 10:01 PM) *
If the citizens of Albion still aren't happy with me after I give them everything they want and save all of their miserable lives, I may have to go on a killing spree.

I kept all my promises, saved everyone in Albion (accidentally putting an extra two million and odd in the treasury, but I still have a million left over for myself anyway) and they finally love me! Huzzah! Time to round up those gnomes, books and flowers in (relative) peace.
Jon 79
I've solved my PS3 problem! In case you were wondering, ... If you ever feel the need to connect the console to a PC monitor, you have to have an HDMI to DVI cable/adapter.
zeden
I've been following your footsteps in Assassins Creed Brotherhood Sweetbutinsane, buyin up anything and everything I can whilst scraping money together. There's something strangely compelling about becoming an in game landlord.

Thoroughly enjoying more Assassin-y goodness, though the arbitrary stripping of skills learned in AC2 at the start has been a bit of a kicker.
I'm a little bit in love with the plot, how they've weaved fact and fiction to create a reasonably compelling conspiracy based story. It's safe to say that by the end of AC2 my mind was a bit blown by the scope of the ending and how interesting a concept it is.
NiteFall
I've started yet another Mass effect 2 playthrough, this time ignoring my usual sniper and assault rifle based play style in favour of seeing how far I can get only using the pistol and powers. I've got to the mission where you meet Alenko/Williams so far, and have been dying a lot more than I normally do.
zeden
What difficulty level?

Just ordered Alpha Protocol and Deadly Premonition on the basis that the plots for each are apparently great. The gameplay is ropey though so they're dirt cheap, £20 for the two ain't so bad and that'll cover me for the remainer of the summer.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 4 2011, 09:20 PM) *
I've solved my PS3 problem! In case you were wondering, ... If you ever feel the need to connect the console to a PC monitor, you have to have an HDMI to DVI cable/adapter.

How were you connecting it before? My cable definitely doesn't come from the HDMI port whenever I connect to my monitor.

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 4 2011, 11:50 PM) *
I've been following your footsteps in Assassins Creed Brotherhood Sweetbutinsane, buyin up anything and everything I can whilst scraping money together. There's something strangely compelling about becoming an in game landlord.

Thoroughly enjoying more Assassin-y goodness, though the arbitrary stripping of skills learned in AC2 at the start has been a bit of a kicker.
I'm a little bit in love with the plot, how they've weaved fact and fiction to create a reasonably compelling conspiracy based story. It's safe to say that by the end of AC2 my mind was a bit blown by the scope of the ending and how interesting a concept it is.
Will you be picking ip Brotherhood spinoff? Be interested to hear your thoughts on it. And its the best in the series. And you can buy like, everything in Rome. So much more satisfying
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 5 2011, 03:05 AM) *
Just ordered Alpha Protocol and Deadly Premonition on the basis that the plots for each are apparently great. The gameplay is ropey though so they're dirt cheap, £20 for the two ain't so bad and that'll cover me for the remainer of the summer.

I am love love loving Deadly Premonition at the moment. It's not so much the plot, but the humour and bizarre characters and it's very obvious Twin Peaks influence that make it what it is. That said, it still manages to be oddly engrossing and creepy when it needs to be, as well as having endearingly silly gameplay tropes. Not sure it'll be easy going from something like LA Noire to it though.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 4 2011, 11:50 PM) *

After a while, I started enjoying the property business more than the game itself laugh.gif . I've sold pretty much everything now though, just so I can toddle off and explore without having to worry about repairing caravans/houses all the time. Plus it's not as interesting having lots of money after the game ends and there's nothing really left to spend it on besides the odd health potion.

Something that bothered me... I adopted a little girl and took her away to live in a nice big house in Brightwall, then evenutally moved her to the castle after I became queen. Despite the fact that I'm Queen of Albion, saviour of the world and a multi millionaire, she is still dressed like a little street urchin. You think someone would have asked me for a few gold to buy her some new clothes.
zeden
I suspect I'll end up in a similar situation by the end of Assassins Creed Brotherhood. All the effort I'm putting into buying everything early means I'll be a rich bugger by the time the credits roll. Still beats struggling through the majority of the game with crappy weapons and such though.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 5 2011, 12:38 PM) *
Will you be picking ip Brotherhood spinoff? Be interested to hear your thoughts on it. And its the best in the series. And you can buy like, everything in Rome. So much more satisfying

I'm confused, I have Brotherhood. You're not talking about the anime spin off are you?

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jul 5 2011, 07:36 PM) *
I am love love loving Deadly Premonition at the moment. It's not so much the plot, but the humour and bizarre characters and it's very obvious Twin Peaks influence that make it what it is.

Reading it equated to that series is a big reason as to why I got it, I'm totally up for the unusual. I'm kind of looking forward to butting heads with the gameplay, I need something that's actually going ot make me think. Much as Noire is fun and all it's just that little bit too easy for me to really say it properly grabbed me in the end. Still not finished it.

On the subject, one thing I've found myself thinking whilst playing LA Noire is that I'd get more out of watching a drama than I would from playing the game, if only because of the wasted time whilst playing. The gameplay itself is too simple and repetitive to keep me hooked between conversations and I find myself disengaged from what's going on as a result. I hope that they put a little more action into the innevitable sequel.
Jon 79
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 6 2011, 12:38 AM) *
How were you connecting it before? My cable definitely doesn't come from the HDMI port whenever I connect to my monitor.

So where are you connecting it? You're sure it's a monitor not a TV?

I was going HDMI to HDMI. My PC monitor didn't like this, it was expecting something more like a computer HDMI signal. not a HD video signal. ...though I believe its the same number of lines (1080), it is different somehow. But it's ok with the picture going in the DVI input. ...no audio through this though, so I'm having to get some speakers with RCA inputs to feed to from the PS3. My built-in monitor speakers are rubbish anyway.
monkeyman
I use this: Click!
Definitely doesn't come out of the HDMI port.

@Zeden: Misunderstood/misread your post XD
Jon 79
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *
I use this: Click!
Definitely doesn't come out of the HDMI port.

Fair enough. For some reason, I assumed a signal going into the VGA port wouldn't be 1080.

My hdmi-dvi cable only cost a fiver though... so I'm happy with that.
monkeyman
That screen can only display 720....well it could with my old Playstation. With my new slim it will only display 576, not really sure why, probably need to fiddle with it a bit. So not ideal but fine for if Hayleighs wanting to watch something on TV, I can play on that and not be hogging the telly.
Jon 79
Ah, well then perhaps a VGA cable only copes with standard res.
Raven
Swamp Ass PSA starring Nathan Fillion.
SuperSaiyanStoner
Just bought these off steam for a total of 35 squid:

Company of Heroes

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

Darksiders™

Homefront

Metro 2033

MX vs ATV Reflex

Red Faction Guerrilla

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Saints Row 2

Titan Quest

Titan Quest - Immortal Throne

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution

Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II

Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising

not too bad! a few of them ive allready played on xbox/ps3, but dont mind getting them again on PC as you get the added bonus of dedicated servers and all that modding shenanigans!
monkeyman
Company of Heroes is amazing. The one game I loved the most on my PC. Darksiders is good though the combat is too simple.
Steam sales are great
zeden
Holy crap! Super SaiyanStoner! Now that's a name I've not seen for an age. Where'd you get to?
Good haul by the way, I'm a bit of a Dawn of War fan myself.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 6 2011, 08:22 PM) *

Ha that is brilliant. That man can do little to no wrong in my eyes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.