Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
sweetbutinsane
You say that now... laugh.gif
Silky
Every Arkham City trailer makes me want it more and more.

The reveal for Solomon Grundy gave me goose pimples.
Silky
Sorry, stupid double post.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 26 2011, 08:41 AM) *
Actual good rather than so bad/weird it's good?

A little from column A, a little from column B. I'll be writing an article of some sort about it once I've played a little more but for now as much as I can really say is it's got me hooked.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 26 2011, 08:00 PM) *
As if I'm ever going to use it more than 400 times though, really =P

I dunno, you could try to start your own OBEY style sticker trend or something? That what I'd be tempted to do for that price. The hipsters'll love it, retro tech with a retro trend attached to it.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 26 2011, 08:24 PM) *
Every Arkham City trailer makes me want it more and more.

The reveal for Solomon Grundy gave me goose pimples.

I've never read a comic with him in it :/

@Zeden: It's 360 exclusive isn't it? Sadface sad.gif
zeden
A quick check would seem to confirm that, PS3 was Japan only. You've got a 360 though?
monkeyman
Weeeeeeellll yeah. But it's used more to create some sense of symmetry with the PS3 on the shelf than tonactuslly be turned on laugh.gif
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 27 2011, 02:04 AM) *
I've never read a comic with him in it :/

@Zeden: It's 360 exclusive isn't it? Sadface sad.gif

Really? He crops up all the time in the ones I've read, and I've only read a dozen or so. Maybe it's the author's choice, I do have a lot of Jeph Loeb in my collection.
Silky
I just hope he doesn’t become one of those fights that goes like this.
Dodge ranged attacks until he charges.
Jump aside so he runs into a wall.
Kick ass.
Repeat.

This happened to Bane in AA and it was a let down really. He's supposed to be clever as well as muscular. I know that Titan played a role, but it was the only real disappointment in an amazing game. With the possible exception of Killer Croc.
monkeyman
To be fair nearly all the boss fights sucked. The Joker was the worst, Scarecrow was the best.

@Joe: Guess I'm just reading the wrong comics XD. Or perhaps I have seen him but I've forgotten. Really trying to rack my brains though and can't remember him at all
Silky
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 28 2011, 10:23 AM) *
To be fair nearly all the boss fights sucked. The Joker was the worst, Scarecrow was the best.

Agreed. Still easily one of the most enjoyable and well made games I have played.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I hate boss fights.

Apart from Metal Gear ones, obviously.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 28 2011, 08:56 AM) *
Kick ass.
Repeat.

You know he will be.

@Joe: Guess I'm just reading the wrong comics XD. Or perhaps I have seen him but I've forgotten. Really trying to rack my brains though and can't remember him at all

He's not an important character, really. I'm never too bothered when I see/don't see him in a comic. It's cool he's in the game and all, but only because he exists in the comics. He's just one of those characters that's just sort of there. He hangs out in the sewer and occasionally kills people for food, that's about it.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 28 2011, 08:56 AM) *
Kick ass.
Repeat.

You know he will be.

He's not an important character, really. I'm never too bothered when I see/don't see him in a comic. It's cool he's in the game and all, but only because he exists in the comics. He's just one of those characters that's just sort of there. He hangs out in the sewer and occasionally kills people for food, that's about it.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 28 2011, 12:09 PM) *
Agreed. Still easily one of the most enjoyable and well made games I have played.

Agreed, bloody fantastic game!

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jul 28 2011, 02:20 PM) *
I hate boss fights.

Apart from Metal Gear ones, obviously.

Agreed for the most part. MGS3 was the pinnacle of awesome innovative boss fights, IMO. Really looking forward to the HD upgrade re-release.

Also, Resident Evil: Code Veronica (and Resi 4) are getting HD re-releases. Anyone play much of Code Veronica? I know I started it but never finished and barely remember anything about it
monkeyman
Tomb raider underworld,Ratchet and clank tools of destruction, Red faction guerilla, Aliens Vs Predator =£20

Not bad
GundamGuy_UK
I don't remember why, but I couldn't get into Code: Veronica like I did the others. I never got far at all, just to a little house I seem to recall.
GundamGuy_UK
I don't remember why, but I couldn't get into Code: Veronica like I did the others. I never got far at all, just to a little house I seem to recall.
fatseff1234
Gone all retro... Parasite Eve 2... first disc done in 3 hours 40 minutes... where did the game go?
zeden
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 28 2011, 09:12 PM) *

Me neither. It was just too bastard hard for me back when it came out, by the time the stretch armed enemies turned up I gave up out of frustration.
monkeyman
I'm actually really looking forward to getting a chance to play it, it's one of the few Resis (apart from 5) that I haven't played loads of times and I remember enjoying what I had played. Unless they come bundled together I don't think I'll bother with Resi 4.
So many games at the end of this year!

I'm enjoying Tomb Raider: Underworld a hell of a lot more than I thought I would
Kick in the Head
I'm a big fan of Code: Veronica. It has some of the most interesting character development and a genuinely good storyline (something quite surprising for a Resident Evil game at the time of release). It does suffer from having a few of the series most annoying boss battles, but it has a unique atmosphere to the other titles.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 28 2011, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 29 2011, 12:59 AM) *
Me neither. It was just too bastard hard for me back when it came out, by the time the stretch armed enemies turned up I gave up out of frustration.

It was quite tricky, even compared to RE3 which I found super tough until I came across the solution of running away a lot. It's worth sticking with though as there are some great set pieces and the overall storyline is pretty cool. Some of the voice acting is pretty bad though, even by RE standards.

The long arm things are very annoying. I found the best bet is to dodge them (quite easy as they a slow to react when you're moving around a lot) Otherwise keep plenty of shotgun shells to keep them away from you.

Just noticed that both the Halo Anniversary re-release and the new Assassins Creed are out on the same day. November is going to be a busy gaming month methinks.
monkeyman
My list of games is as follows:

26th August- Deus ex HR
September 9th - Resistance 3
September 28th - ICO collection
October 4th - Twisted metal
October 21st-Arkham 2
October - Dark Souls
October 28th - Battlefield 3
November- MGS Collection
November 11th - Skyrim
November- Uncharted 3

Going to have to leave a bunch until next year. Deus Ex, Dark Souls Arkham City and Uncharted 3 definitely this year though.
I've no doubt missed a bunch off too
Jon 79
Can anyone identify this game?:

I saw an advert/preview a couple of years ago for a 3d platformer, where the hole screen was white and you had to shoot a gun to splat black everywhere to see where you were going.
Did this game come out? if so, what's it called? and is it on the PS3?

Thanks.
sweetbutinsane
I finished Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (I liked it as much as the last one) and I'm gutted that Animal Crossing didn't arrive today for me to start playing over the weekend.
zeden
Not a clue Jon, sorry!

I've finally changed my gamertag to something easily pronounceable seeing as doing so is on offer this week. I'm now MonkeyMagicEden.
monkeyman
That sounds vaguely familiar Jon. Can you remember anything else?
mcraigclark
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 29 2011, 03:21 PM) *
Can anyone identify this game?:

I saw an advert/preview a couple of years ago for a 3d platformer, where the hole screen was white and you had to shoot a gun to splat black everywhere to see where you were going.
Did this game come out? if so, what's it called? and is it on the PS3?

Thanks.

I think this was meant to be a Wii game. Don't think it ever was released, and I don't remember the name.
sweetbutinsane
Addicted to fishing on Animal Crossing. I caught a hammerhead shark today and was kind enough to donate it to the museum even though it would have made a big dent in my latest loan if I had sold it.
fatseff1234
D:

INSANITY!!
sweetbutinsane
Indeed it was. But I paid the loan off anyway and am already getting my house expanded again. I can't actually use the downstairs room at the minute because I filled it with things I want to keep but can't be bothered to carry around with me.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 3 2011, 08:36 PM) *
Addicted to fishing on Animal Crossing. I caught a hammerhead shark today and was kind enough to donate it to the museum even though it would have made a big dent in my latest loan if I had sold it.

It's always best to give the museum the first of each species you catch. I've had Animal Crossing for six years and there are some fish I have only ever caught once, so if I'd sold that one I'd not have a museum specimen.

I still haven't caught a coelcanth. Not ever.
monkeyman
The level design, exploration and platforming of Tomb Raider: Underworld is really really good. The combat is pretty bloody poor though.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 5 2011, 06:15 PM) *
It's always best to give the museum the first of each species you catch. I've had Animal Crossing for six years and there are some fish I have only ever caught once, so if I'd sold that one I'd not have a museum specimen.

I still haven't caught a coelcanth. Not ever.

Aside from the first few fish I caught (which thankfully weren't too rare and I have since caught again), that's what I've been doing. I like seeing the museum full of cool things instead of being boring and empty. smile.gif
Silky
I treated myself to Civ 5 today and I'm really enjoying myself. It's a nice change of pace from Bad Company 2.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 5 2011, 07:57 PM) *
Aside from the first few fish I caught (which thankfully weren't too rare and I have since caught again), that's what I've been doing. I like seeing the museum full of cool things instead of being boring and empty. smile.gif

I just need that one blasted fish to complete the museum, and to get my gold fishing rod...

Which version of Animal Crossing do you have? I have Wild World on DS.
logger
Finally started playing Heavy Rain. His kid was retarded, I'm glad he's dead.

And now he's gone and lost the other one.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 5 2011, 09:40 PM) *
I just need that one blasted fish to complete the museum, and to get my gold fishing rod...

Which version of Animal Crossing do you have? I have Wild World on DS.

I feel like I've donated so many different kinds of fish but I have a feeling I'm nowhere near catching one of each kind yet.

I have the same one (only I'm playing on a DSi). There's a fireworks display in about five minutes, apparently. I'm rather excited.
GundamGuy_UK
Take advantage of all the bugs while you can, summer is bug season for most species (some only come out at night on palm trees, these are semi-rare and also worth a LOT of money - goliath beetles and so on). They'll all be gone by the end of August.

Don't be in too much of a rush to pay off your loans, because that's a huge chunk of the 'game' portion of it. That said, I've had the same town for over five years now.
sweetbutinsane
Speaking of palm trees, I planted a coconut the other day but didn't realise it had to be near the beach so it died. Hopefully another one will wash up soon.
GundamGuy_UK
I love Animal Crossing. There's so much to do, but none of it is important. No pressure, no deadlines, no objectives, no achievements. The only "goal" is to pay off your mortgage, and you can take as long as you want over it.
Silky
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 6 2011, 10:00 PM) *
I love Animal Crossing. There's so much to do, but none of it is important. No pressure, no deadlines, no objectives, no achievements. The only "goal" is to pay off your mortgage, and you can take as long as you want over it.

Isn't this life?
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Silky @ Aug 7 2011, 02:09 AM) *
Isn't this life?

Sadly, "I couldn't pay off my mortgage because I was too busy having a bug catching contest with a talking duck" isn't a valid excuse in real life =P
Silky
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 7 2011, 02:23 AM) *
Sadly, "I couldn't pay off my mortgage because I was too busy having a bug catching contest with a talking duck" isn't a valid excuse in real life =P

If only it were.
I've never had an interest in Animal Crossing, but this conversation is rousing my interest.
Llama
QUOTE (Silky @ Aug 7 2011, 09:43 AM) *
If only it were.
I've never had an interest in Animal Crossing, but this conversation is rousing my interest.

Same here. Not because I didn't like the sound of it, I just genuinely knew nothing about it past the title.
Silky
QUOTE (Llama @ Aug 7 2011, 10:35 AM) *
Same here. Not because I didn't like the sound of it, I just genuinely knew nothing about it past the title.

Ditto.
I might have to steal the Wii from downstairs.

In Civ news, I did enjoy the irony when my friend told me that he got nuked...by Gandhi.
zeden
In my experience playing Civ Ghandi has come out head and shoulders above all others as the most aggressive bugger of the bunch, always picking a fight he can't win against me. And this is a game with Ghengis Khan as a playable leader. I wonder if it's some sort of inside joke, having him be so prone to war.

Almost finished Deadly Premonition, just got the epilogue to play and ho-ly crap is it incredible. I'm not saying a word about the latter stages of the game as anything might give the game away, but damn does it change a lot and I'm certain no one could play the opening ad have any idea of how it ends. Writing about it is going to be a bugger when I get around to it, I'm going to have to figure out how to be incredibly cryptic about it.
monkeyman
You should write it all unspoiled but have a footnote of spoilers for people who either have already finished it, or will play it because of what you've written.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.