Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Rebus
Wow, so E3 has shown off some impressive looking games. I'm a bit disappointed Star Wars 1313 doesn't look to have Boba Fett as the PC, but the visuals sure look stunning, and there seems to be a bit of the Uncharted mechanics about it.

Top of my list though would have to be Watch Dogs, not just because it's actually an original frigging game and not a sequel or a reboot, but because it pushes all of my stalking-about-being-a-badass-fucking-other-peoples'-shit-up buttons. Also Last Of Us looks like it has potential, kind of like I Am Alive only with mercifully more bullets.

It's a shame Rockstar don't really like E3, would have been nice to see some GTA V.
GundamGuy_UK
1313 looks pretty cool, and I'm actually pleased that you don't play as Fett. I like that he's not in things much, it's what makes him mysterious. We'd learn too much about him if he starred in a game.

Fall of Cybertron is looking very good, and they've clearly learned from the previous game and tried to make an even better one this time.
Silky
If anyone wants to try Red Orchestra 2, I have three, three day pass to gift to people on steam.
Ade
QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 31 2012, 10:06 AM) *
As you have a Move controller; did you try the Sorcery demo?

Not yet, chap - I was just watching the recent episode of Access which featured some in-game footage, and have made a mental note to take a butcher's at it very soon. What's your take on it?

Speaking of the Move controller, isn't it a bit lame that the PS3 has yet to be given a Star Wars title that makes full, obvious use of it? A major oversight, says I.

QUOTE (Rebus @ Jun 5 2012, 05:06 AM) *
Also Last Of Us looks like it has potential, kind of like I Am Alive only with mercifully more bullets.

As a firm fan of the Uncharted series, I'm already very much looking forward to Naught Dog's The Last Of Us.

As for I Am Alive, I couldn't get the playable demo to work - has anyone else had the same problim?
Silky
I've got a really strong desire to replay Myth 2 - Soulblighter.

Now if only I could get another copy of it and get it to run in windows 7.
GundamGuy_UK
I finally got around to getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, thanks to an Argos gift card I was given.
I also got Devil May Cry HD Collection and Silent Hill HD Collection for my birthday.
monkeyman
Saw those last 2 on your Facebook and I'm pretty jealous. Especially of Silent Hill
GundamGuy_UK
Well from what I hear there are several... questionable changes. The voice acting doesn't bother me too much because I never played 3 and 2 has the original on as an option.
They've increased the draw distance (ie removed a lot of fog) which is strange, and it also has lots of syncing and framerate issues. I'm hoping those will be patched, though.

I think that if you have the PS2 original, it's still the superior version.

Devil May Cry is bloody awesome, though. The cutscenes are still in the old engine, which is weird, but the game itself is very crisp.
monkeyman
The cutscenes for the God of War HD collection are still in their original format too, which sucks. I assume because it's more effort than its worth to Upres them.

It's weird they removed fog from Silent Hill. It seems it'd remove a lot of the atmosphere. I also wouldn't notice voice changes as it's been too long since I played any of them.

Have you played Downpour by the way?
GundamGuy_UK
I've only ever really played 2, and even that I didn't finish. I had a go on Homecoming at a friends house, and didn't like how you just had a guy on the radio telling you what to do. I've also briefly played 1 and Origins.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I've played all the way through SH2 and some of SH3 on the 360 and I haven't noticed any issues with the fog (it's still there) or the framerate - there is a lack of sync slightly with the dialogue in places but nothing that causes too many problems. It's not as good as the graphical overall on the Metal Gear Solid HD remakes (which look amazing) but it does the job.

Haven't played Downpour yet either, it looks ok but hardly essential. I did like Homecoming though, despite some horribly frustrating boss battles and some dreadful dialogue.
GundamGuy_UK
Maybe it has been patched. From all the reviews I've read and people talking about it online, there is significantly less fog and it stutters pretty much every time it loads something new.

To be honest I think the originals still look fine, so "how HD it is" doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just wanted to be able to play them again.

Now, if BandaiNamco releases an Ace Combat HD Collection (4, 5, and Zero), I will literally pay anything for it. I'm not even kidding, they could charge 100 for it and I'd buy it on release day.
GundamGuy_UK
Is Devil May Cry an incredibly short game, or does it just appear to be?
I've finished 12 missions in under two hours of play, and it looks like there are only 23 in the whole game.
monkeyman
My memory of it is that it's quite short.
fatseff1234
Really do need to finish my recent purchase of DMC original.

Been playing the original Harvest Moon for the SNES on the Wii-mulator© and finally got round to finishing Twilight Princess.
GundamGuy_UK
Silky
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 20 2012, 02:06 PM) *

Brilliant. biggrin.gif
GundamGuy_UK
I finished Devil May Cry. Maybe if I'd played it ten years ago I would have thought more of it, but I don't see what the fuss is about.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and I really enjoyed it. But it was barely three and a half hours long, the gameplay itself was really simple and I don't really understand why it's so highly regarded.

It's a completely competent game, great even. It just seems very over-hyped.
monkeyman
I think it's probably nostalgia and the fact not much like it existed at the time. Like you say it's Olay and that's about it.

I adore the Onimusha series bit I dread to think what the first game would play like now.
Silky
The Day Z mod for ARMA2 sounds awesome.
NiteFall
All three Deus Ex games for a tenner?

Well played Steam. Well played.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 22 2012, 12:04 PM) *
All three Deus Ex games for a tenner?

Well played Steam. Well played.

Speaking of, I started Human Revolution last night. I've not done much, just gone to my apartment for the first time. I can see it's going to be a long and excellent game.

The beginning was a little underwhelming, but I'm sure it's designed to be so when you get augmented you feel a lot more capable. I'm sure the FMVs aren't as pretty as the Icarus trailer they released before the game came out...
The opening credits was really cool, I loved how it was done. I'm playing stealthily, and I enjoyed going around the warehouse trying not to be seen. In the end I got one yellow alert (the enemy hears but doesn't see me, like Metal Gear's "?" alert), and fired no shots at all. I felt pretty good about myself, I want to try and keep that up. As such, my augments so far have been in hacking and stealth, as they will probably be for the whole game.

It's very stylish too, just my kind of thing. Jensen's apartment is very Blade Runner.
monkeyman
I really really enjoyed Human revolution, even if it's not quite at the same scale as the first one and there are some irritating niggles (takedowns using up energy is silly and there being no melee weapons so you have to use energy is nonsense too; there should also be a high level upgrade to get regenerating energy); but I still loved it (and platinumed it).
My first playthrough was stealthy but I killed everyone, my second was without killing anyone (for the trophy), then I think I started a 33rd go through guns blazing but it wasn't quite as fun.
The music is excellent also

Joe, did you 100% MGS2 HD? Or just get all the dog tags? How long did it take?
GundamGuy_UK
I gave up on the Extreme dog tags because the bosses are just impossibly hard. Everything else I can cope with, but trapped in a confined space with someone who can kill you in one shot and you need to hit them thirty times or something is just too hard for me. I might give it another try in the future.

I got all of them for the Tanker because there's a place you can hide in the Olga fight where you can hit her feet without her being able to hurt you (except for her grenades, which she spams like you wouldn't believe). Then on Shell I think I just gave up, partly because I'd been doing little but dog tag hunt for days by that point.

I haven't even started 3 yet, I wanted to have a break so it wouldn't feel like a chore. I'm looking forward to it, though; I've not played it at all since 2005.
monkeyman
I played MGS2 the first time and was annoyed (at first) at the Raiden bait and switch. Appreciated it much more on a second playthrough straight away, then haven't played it since. My memories/thoughts on it were negative for a long time but the more I've thought about it the more I like it.
MGS3 I've played 3/4 times and have loved it more every time I've played.
I'm looking forward to finally getting them next week so so much; though I'm still playing Gravity Rush at the moment which is just fantastic.

Do you need to get all dog tags on European Extreme for the 100%/Platinum?
GundamGuy_UK
No, European Extreme doesn't count (thank fuck).

I really love Metal Gear Solid 2. It's such a great story, insane and wonderful in equal measure, like the series in general. It really doesn't deserve any of the flak it gets. Raiden is nothing like as annoying as people claim (though Rose is annoying, but then she isn't a real person anyway ...or is she?). Playing as Raiden lets you see another side to Snake, and I think it works very well. The game is chock full of great moments, awesome boss battles, fantastic music and is just all-round awesome. I think the first game has a better and more well contained story, but as a game 2 is just phenomenal.
NiteFall
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 22 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Rose is annoying, but then she isn't a real person anyway ...or is she?).

If you'd played MGS4 you'd know the answer to this is yes. Yes she is.
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 22 2012, 02:46 PM) *
No, European Extreme doesn't count (thank fuck).

I really love Metal Gear Solid 2. It's such a great story, insane and wonderful in equal measure, like the series in general. It really doesn't deserve any of the flak it gets. Raiden is nothing like as annoying as people claim (though Rose is annoying, but then she isn't a real person anyway ...or is she?). Playing as Raiden lets you see another side to Snake, and I think it works very well. The game is chock full of great moments, awesome boss battles, fantastic music and is just all-round awesome. I think the first game has a better and more well contained story, but as a game 2 is just phenomenal.

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 22 2012, 02:51 PM) *

She's real, but is the one in 2 real or part of the AI? . It's been too long since I've played it to remember. I got a bit sad at some of the scenes they decided to cut after 9/11 too.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 22 2012, 02:51 PM) *

I'm on about in the context of the S3 Program (was that what it was called?). I'm pretty sure she's not, due to some of the stuff she says.
The question is, was she talking to him at all, or was it the AI the whole time? At what point did the change happen if it started out really her and changed into the AI talking as her? Campbell is AI the entire time, I'm pretty certain. Rose? I'm not sure...
Maybe she knew, and was asking what day it was as like a code to Raiden to let him know it was her?
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 22 2012, 03:02 PM) *
I'm on about in the context of the S3 Program (was that what it was called?). I'm pretty sure she's not, due to some of the stuff she says.
The question is, was she talking to him at all, or was it the AI the whole time? At what point did the change happen if it started out really her and changed into the AI talking as her? Campbell is AI the entire time, I'm pretty certain. Rose? I'm not sure...
Maybe she knew, and was asking what day it was as like a code to Raiden to let him know it was her?

Having had a quick look at the Wiki it turns out she was real the whole time.
GundamGuy_UK
Really? That doesn't sound right. When Campbell is doing his thing, she's doing it too.
monkeyman
I only looked quickly as I don't want to ruin the story for myself, as I can't remember most of it ( as you can tell!). I thought she just got removed at some point. Im looking forward to playing it myself and then probably reading a wiki afterwards XD
Sir_Robin_the_brave
On the subject of Metal Gear has anyone managed to finish Peace Walker? I had to give up on the final boss fight as it's destroying me, not helped by the lack of checkpoints or difficulty settings.
GundamGuy_UK
So far, Human Revolution reminds me of Mass Effect meets Arkham City. This is a good thing.

It took me ages to do the side-quest for Meghan's mother, which again is a good thing. Nothing like a bit of stealth in tight corridors to keep you on your toes. I love sneaking right by someone and that feeling of knowing they only need turn their head a tiny bit and I'm dead.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
There are some great side-quests in Human Revolution. I like how they are fully fledged mini-stories.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jun 22 2012, 11:35 PM) *
On the subject of Metal Gear has anyone managed to finish Peace Walker? I had to give up on the final boss fight as it's destroying me, not helped by the lack of checkpoints or difficulty settings.

Are you researching new weapons and utilising supply drops? Got the battle suit?
I loved Peace Walker and finished it on my PSP solo, even the bastard hard Monster Hunter missions. I assume you're playing on a console?
GundamGuy_UK
Yeah, I was expecting it to just be a little ten minute thing like in most games, but it took me all my gaming time for tonight.
I think the strongest point about this game is how many possible ways there are to tackle even simple things. I saw three very different ways into the Police Station, and even those three had a couple of variations.
NiteFall
I'm trying a pacifist run in DEHR at the moment. Although I am still leaving plenty of room for acting like a dick. For example- talking someone into letting me past, then once behind them choking them unconscious and stuffing them into an air vent. It's a good way to rack up a lot of XP actually.
Silky
I finally gave Echo Bazaar a punt and for a browser game it's surprisingly deep.

Also managed to get DayZ mod for ARMA2 working. Hoping to get together with a buddy and play it tonight. I'm not expecting to last very long, between the zombies and the other players.
monkeyman
@Gundam: Christ. Just had a quick look at the trophy requirements for MGS2, you have to finish it 5 times (very easy, easy, normal, hard, extreme) and get all dog tags on every playthrough. That's madness. My memory of the game is that it isn't that short at all...
GundamGuy_UK
Yeah, each difficulty setting has different tags. The entire tanker section can be done quite easily, because you can just skip the cutscenes and you get into a routine.
It's the bastard Plant section that's the challenge.

I'm not sure it's really worth the effort, to be honest. Like I said before, getting all those tags on Extreme would be incredibly hard, when you factor in having to fight all the RAYs and Vamp and so on too.
monkeyman
True true. Are achievements/trophies ever worth it? It at least adds a reason to replay and some challenge down the line.
GundamGuy_UK
Some of them I'll do, it depends. I don't really care how big my e-penis is, really. I've got just over 17,000G on my Xbox and it doesn't really mean anything.
I'll do achievements where I can, but I don't go out of my way to do them especially.
Raven
Decade-long Civilization II game crumbles into dystopian nightmare.

Hell of a game (in oh so many ways . . .).
Silky
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 25 2012, 07:54 PM) *

Read about that a while ago. It made me feel better about the mere 50 hours of Civ 5 and about 300 hours of Civ 4 I racked up.
Raven
^ If you think that's a lot, never go anywhere near Warcraft!
GundamGuy_UK
I wonder how many hours of Animal Crossing: Wild World I've played? I've had the same game for over six years.

It's interesting what people do in certain games. It reminds me a bit of that guy who built the "perfect city" in SimCity, albeit one that's depressing and unhealthy to live in.
Silky
Oh my Rome Total War hours top at least 700.
Raven
I'm sure Kei will trump this, but I'm currently up to 102 days on my main character (that's after 8(?) years of playing).
NiteFall
*Logs in to check*
/played...
148 days 15 hours.
*shuffles out looking embarrassed*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.