Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
Silky
Anyone fancy joining Kei and myself for a nice little jaunt around Borderlands?

No rush, I'm sure New Vegas will distract me for quite some time, thanks to mods making it feel new. Besides I'm 100% sure I've still not even touch 50% of that game.
monkeyman
I would if I could D:

Has anyone played Quantum Conundrum yet? I played the demo and really liked it. I'm definitely going to pick it up when I get paid.
Outatime
I spent my week off paying L.A. Noire from the beginning and we've just finished 100%ing it. I don't think I'll be telling my workmates that.
NiteFall
17 for Skyrim on Steam. Fuck you Steam. Fuck you. Again.
GundamGuy_UK
Deadpool: The Game
Silky
QUOTE (Outatime @ Jul 14 2012, 11:06 PM) *
I spent my week off paying L.A. Noire from the beginning and we've just finished 100%ing it. I don't think I'll be telling my workmates that.

Pffft. If your workmates don't understand that sod 'em. biggrin.gif
Well done. I rarely 100% games.
Silky
QUOTE (Llama @ Jul 9 2012, 11:13 AM) *
I just got Tropico 4 for the PC. It is amazeballs. Definitely filling a Sim City-sized gap in my life at the moment. Fiver for a download on Game if anyone likes that sort of thing and has hoooooours to spare.

It's down to 6.27 today on steam. Might pick it up. This is going to be an expensive month.

EDIT - And purchased. I suspect that like From Dust, it'll sit there for a while before I get round to it though.
Silky
Sorry about the triple post, but I managed to clear Quarry Junction of Death Claws whilst being level 7. I am rather proud of this.
Outatime
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 15 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Pffft. If your workmates don't understand that sod 'em. biggrin.gif
Well done. I rarely 100% games.

We 100%ed Red Dead too. I like collecting things in games. It's annoying that you can't "complete" the game on XBox without having DLC for all the achievements.
Silky
QUOTE (Outatime @ Jul 15 2012, 02:01 PM) *
We 100%ed Red Dead too. I like collecting things in games. It's annoying that you can't "complete" the game on XBox without having DLC for all the achievements.

I loved that game. I think I 100%ed it. Again I didn't have all the DLC.
NiteFall
I still have Chris' copy of red Dead Redemption for PS3, I really should play it some more. Or give it back to him. One of the two.
monkeyman
Or both. At some point XD. I'll never 100% it as I can't be bothered with the online.
monkeyman
I really enjoyed MGS2 (apart from the fact it didn't have many fun unique boss fights), but MGS3 is such a step up in quality. It's also much harder without the Soliton and needing to stalk enemies to hold them up instead of being able to sprint around
GundamGuy_UK
MGS3 is almost a survival horror in places. Hiding in the long grass with soldiers right there in front of you is really tense.
It's the best stealth game I've ever played.
Llama
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 15 2012, 10:09 AM) *
It's down to 6.27 today on steam. Might pick it up. This is going to be an expensive month.

EDIT - And purchased. I suspect that like From Dust, it'll sit there for a while before I get round to it though.

\o/
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I've invested in one of these PS3 things. ID is RobinVsTheWorld if anyone would like to add me (or allow me to add them)

Uncharted 3 is pretty amazing to look at. I keep staring at the graphics with wonder and then getting shot in the face.
monkeyman
I shall add you tonight. Mine is Goseki1.
What other ganes did you get?
Llama
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is out on Xbox Live now.

Cannot wait to play this; I spent hours playing Tony Hawk's as a kid. They're having problems with people actually purchasing it at the moment though, hopefully it'll be fixed by the time I get home!
GundamGuy_UK
I had my iPod on shuffle last night, and this came on.

As awesome as Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are, nothing in them gives me the same feeling hearing this music always does; especially with the drum bit at 00:50.
monkeyman
MGS 1 does have an amazing soundtrack. I love The best is yet to come. Theres an absolutely beautiful moment with it in MGS4 too.
In MGS3 I love the cheesy Bond style "Snake Eater" and the caution music is the best in the series too I think. Oh and Ocelots music with the cool spaghetti western like guitar strums is great.
I love every scene with Ocelot actually, I like how Snake gets him to use revolvers and how he always shows off his gun skills. And his incredibly...gay meow thing he does to call his men out makes me laugh every time.

I had a good chuckle to myself today playing MGS3, when you call Para-medic and tell her that a mushroom you ate recharged your battery; the off mic conversation she has with zero etc got a laugh out of me.

I also love how every boss fight is unique and just really good fun. Fighting Ocelot, then falling into the ravine, working your way through that and then fighting The Pain.....excellent. This game has some of the best boss fights in it; The End (if you actually fight him and don't kill him early/let him die of old age) is probably my favourite boss battle of all time.

I also caught the Tsuchinoko for the first time, so that felt good. I think it gives you infinity camouflage/face paint if you finish the game with it.

There are so many little Easter eggs and neat touches & just a huge amount of things you might never discover or think of.
Like throwing a snake at an enemy that'll bite and poison them; or the CQC move that lets you push an enemy to the ground and stay there if you point your fun, even if you unequip your weapon or roll over them; or if you blow up food supplies enemies will eat food you plant as they are so hungry, even rotten food which'll make them puke so you can get past/take them out easier.....and tons more little things like that. It's no wonder it's generally regarded as the best in the series.

I'm tempted to pick up the 25th anniversary soundtrack. If I had more money i'd get some of the Play Arts figures too:

This post got away from me and a bit rambly...

tl;dr - I like the MGS1 soundtrack a lot. MGS3 is as good as I remember. I want these figures at some point (especially Peacewalker era Big Boss
GundamGuy_UK
I think Metal Gear Solid 3 is a strong contender for the best game ever made. The gameplay is fantastic, the music is brilliant, the story is awesome, and most importantly it just has so many completely unique elements and little bits. Loads of quotes from it became little in-jokes with my friends at university.

"I came back from space... and saw a world in flames!" and so on.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 18 2012, 08:37 AM) *
I shall add you tonight. Mine is Goseki1.
What other ganes did you get?

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier came with the console and I picked up Infamous 1 yesterday as I've heard good things.

I've already been tempted by some of the old Resident Evils and MSG1 from the store. Also they have Driver for 3.99, which pleases me muchly.

It's turning into an expensive month.
monkeyman
Infamous was the first game I would recommend after Uncharted. Though it's sequel is a hell of an improvement, especially in terms of traversal. You have to pick that up at some point. You should look at Valkyria chronicles if you like RPG's. It's one of my favourite games of all time

@Joe: Every cutscene and character is great. I love all the little digs at Raiden too....

GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 18 2012, 06:32 PM) *
@Joe: Every cutscene and character is great. I love all the little digs at Raiden too....

I love how it pretty much asks you "How much do you want us to take the piss out of Raiden?" at the start of the game.

Someone should let Kojima direct a movie. He's clearly dying to.
GundamGuy_UK
Minecraft just fucked up so badly after so much work...

So, I built a giant castle in the centre of the map. Then I built a massive bridge right to the edge of the world. Then I built a tower as tall as I'm allowed to at the end of the world. Then I started building a Nether Portal at the top of it. The very last block, I pour the lava out of the bucket and it somehow doesn't go in. I die, and it respawns without asking me. Then as I run back to the tower, it autosaves.

Now I have no items, and the entire tower is just a column of lava. I don't even know how to overcome a fuck-up like that.

EDIT: Managed to climb my way up the side of the tower and stop the lava flow with water. I got most of my items back, but now the tower is a solid lump of stone. Sigh. At least I can recover from that. I hate how buckets cause an infinite flow of liquid.
logger
Portal 2 was very good.
Llama
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 19 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Portal 2 was very good.

Hell yes.
NiteFall
I still need to do the co-op in that. If you want to add me on Steam my ID is Keiotica.
Silky
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jul 20 2012, 11:27 AM) *
I still need to do the co-op in that. If you want to add me on Steam my ID is Keiotica.

Me too.

blunder_boy
Silky
Oh dear. GOG.com have added one of my all time favourite games. I'm already filled with nostalgia.

Must...resist....
GundamGuy_UK

Awwwww yeah. That last achievement took about twenty hours to do, though I did do it 'properly' and not rush it.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I've started playing Demon's Souls. It's very good so far and not as terrifingly hard as I was expecting which is nice.
monkeyman
I adore that game. I hope you consider getting Dark Souls as it's even better.
The game really isn't that hard as long as you're patient
GundamGuy_UK
I played the first episode of The Walking Dead.
Very tense stuff at times, and an interactive movie in the best sense of the term.
logger
Today I started Skyrim.
GundamGuy_UK
How are you finding it?
Llama
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 22 2012, 08:18 PM) *
Today I started Skyrim.

Bye, logger!
logger
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 22 2012, 09:05 PM) *
How are you finding it?

It's good but like all these games there's almost too much that if I try to do anything like everything I'll end up getting bored and not completing it, like Fallout NV or RDR.

QUOTE (Llama @ Jul 23 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Bye, logger!

My life is currently a disaster area at the moment so it's good to have somewhere to escape to.

I just remembered my favourite moment so far, when it started to snow.
Ade
I've been rather a slave to the PS3 in recent weeks. And despite my erstwhile indifference to FPS games in general, I have, over this past month, been variously tackling Dead Space, Homefront, and Call Of Duties: Modern Warfare 3, World At War, and Black Ops. And thoroughly enjoying my little self.

Homefront in particular I have found especially absorbing, despite the less than glowing reviews it seemed to have garnered, and the fact that its 'new' price tag plummeted rather rapidly, which would normally have spelt "steer well clear" to me, but at 4 pre-owned (and barely double that new), I think it's a feckin' bargain, and well worth a look-see. From what I've read about it online, it's not an especially groundbreaking FPS, and probably fairly short-lived in terms of gameplay time, but it's its premise and plotline that make it a worthwhile purchase in my view. I mean... four quid. I says give it a go. Here endeth the lecture. wink.gif

Oh, yeah, and Ghostbusters. I blummen luuurrrrved Ghostbusters. Fun fun fun.

QUOTE (Rua @ Jun 26 2012, 01:24 AM) *
Rage is fun.

'Must give that a go' Game Reminder #1.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 29 2012, 02:14 PM) *
I've had LA Loire for over a year now, and still haven't played past the training mission... I suck.
QUOTE (Rua @ Jun 29 2012, 02:22 PM) *
Oh it is such fun. You're missing out.

Rua is quite right. L.A.Noire has been one of the best things I've ever played on a Playstation to date.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 2 2012, 09:37 PM) *
In MGS4 you could shake the SIXAXIS to jiggle some boobies.

'Must give that a go' Game Reminder #2. wink.gif

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 14 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Has anyone played Quantum Conundrum yet? I played the demo and really liked it. I'm definitely going to pick it up when I get paid.

Already downloaded the demo, hoping to give it a spin this week sometime.
monkeyman
It's well worth a look. It has a great art style, is funny, has an interesting main mechanic and the puzzles are incredibly satisfying to solve.

I've been meaning to pick up Homefront cheap, thanks for the reminder! I picked up the Saboteur myself for around 4 and platinumed it just yesterday. It's rough around the edges, unpolished and a bit clunky , but I really enjoyed playing it; and despite the main characters awful accent I really liked him too.
I'd definitely recommend it if you can find it used (though no open world game will ever beat Just Cause 2 for pure fun...)
Ade
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 24 2012, 01:16 AM) *
It's well worth a look. It has a great art style, is funny, has an interesting main mechanic and the puzzles are incredibly satisfying to solve.

I've been meaning to pick up Homefront cheap, thanks for the reminder! I picked up the Saboteur myself for around 4 and platinumed it just yesterday. It's rough around the edges, unpolished and a bit clunky , but I really enjoyed playing it; and despite the main characters awful accent I really liked him too.
I'd definitely recommend it if you can find it used (though no open world game will ever beat Just Cause 2 for pure fun...)

I'd noticed you've been steaming through the Saboteur trophy set at a rate of knots this past week or so - the 100% prompted me to get back into the game again today and start cracking on with it properly! I know what you mean about its clunkiness and rough edges, but you're right, despite all that it is still immensely enjoyable. I've loved the general premise since Day 1 though, being what prompted me to buy the game in the first place. And as a free-roaming walk/drive-through of one of my favourite cities, well that's just an added plus! smile.gif

I'll let you know what I think about QC soon, hopefully - sounds promising already.
monkeyman
Yeah it was quite fun getting all the trophies, though it did turn into a grind getting all the freeplay targets towards the end, there's over 1000 of them!
You've also reminded me that I've been meaning to go back and replay Ghostbusters after it got patched. Such a fun game, I think after I finish QC and Bayonetta I'll start on that. Or Code Veronica HD which I've still not played...
logger
My horse, Clip-Clop, doesn't give a shit about dragons.
GundamGuy_UK
Hideo Kojima Says Games Shouldn't Try To Tell Stories
Silky
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 25 2012, 03:08 PM) *

He's trolling right?
Silky
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 24 2012, 09:09 PM) *
My horse, Clip-Clop, doesn't give a shit about dragons.

GundamGuy_UK
I laughed out loud at the Call of Duty trailer before Batman.

"From the makes of Black Ops, comes Black Ops II"

It's like they're acknowledging that they're just releasing the same game over and over. To those people who say "I'm only buying it for the multiplayer anyway", enjoy your 40 expansion pack.
monkeyman
I've just started the boss battle with The End (managed to get the Moss camo from him so far). Such an amazing fight; just a shame constraints at the time mean the area us split into 3 with load screens for each.

Silky
I've downloaded some new Skyrim mods but I've found a working copy of an old game I used to love and I can't recall the last time I was this excited to play a game.

Silky
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 27 2012, 07:50 PM) *
I've downloaded some new Skyrim mods but I've found a working copy of an old game I used to love and I can't recall the last time I was this excited to play a game.

Scratch that. Now I'm bummed out. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.