Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Next Level
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
GundamGuy_UK
That sucks =[

I'd forgotten all about the Peter Molydeux Twitter account.
Game where you always drip paint. During the last act you discover that you've been painting the final boss, can you destroy your own art?

I love whoever is writing these.
monkeyman
I like that Molyneux appeared at the Molydeux game jam XD
Silky
Got Myth 2 working.
I didn't realise it was 14 years old though.
logger
My horse has finally died. sad.gif
monkeyman
Volgin beating the shit out of Snake and Sokolov is sucking horrible...
logger
Volgin is the most evil man in the series.
GundamGuy_UK
Kuwabara kuwabara...

All I can really remember about that is when he puts Sokolov in a bin and punches it into the air.
monkeyman
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 2 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Kuwabara kuwabara...

All I can really remember about that is when he puts Sokolov in a bin and punches it into the air.

That was Granin! But yeah. Bloody horrible; Sokolov you just hear the awful sound like wet meat being punched until he dies
He's a right bastard.
GundamGuy_UK
Schlubalybub
I've just been playing Dirge of Cerberus- I got stuck very early in because I'm thick
Silky
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 2 2012, 10:40 PM) *

Mind Blown.

It's not a tumor!
GundamGuy_UK
Jesus Christ, The Walking Dead Episode 2 is hard to stomach.
monkeyman
I'm looking forward to picking it all up at some point.
GundamGuy_UK
I find it works well to play an episode all in one go, then wait a couple of weeks and play another. In that respect, I think the monthly releases are perfectly suited for it, and are how it should be played.

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but Jesus, Episode 2 is rough to watch at times.
monkeyman
I loved the demo so will definitely pick it up at some point. American PS+ members got the first 2 episodes free, hoping EU gets the same...
NiteFall
FUCKING USELESS PIECE OF SHIT CUNTING GAMES FOR FUCKING WINDOWS CUNTING LIVE PIECE OF CRAP BROKEN FUCKING IDIOT SYSTEM!

this is beyond fucking retarded. I change my hotmail.com email to an outlook.com one. Because they're making everyone do that. This links everytyhing that was on the MS system under that hotmail address, including my GFWL account. Now I can't access my GFWL account because apparently it NO LONGER EXISTS as either my outlook OR hotmail accounts, even though I can log onto the sodding Live website and look at all the games I have that require the broken piece of shit to play. And when I try to change my email address linked to it it sends a confirmation to an email address that doesn't exist that it got from nowhere that I apparently can't change until the fucking 28th of this month. fucking useless piece of shit. I have never had any problems like this with any other online PC service, not even the heap of crap that is EA's ultra-shitty Origin system.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Aug 5 2012, 12:04 AM) *
FUCK

This is pretty much why I gave up on PC gaming. That and I got tired of looking at system specs back when I had laptops and nothing would play on them.
I only use my PC to play LucasArts point-and-click adventures, and the original Half-Life games.
monkeyman
MGS4 Now has trophies. Once I've finished off Bayonetta I'm really looking forward to replaying it. It also let's you do a full install so you don't have to do an install between each chapter. The
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 6 2012, 08:14 PM) *
MGS4 Now has trophies.

*drops everything*
GundamGuy_UK
TimeSplitters 4 needs your help
Silky
I'm playing Dragon Age Origins on PC. Even ignoring the whole mod thing, it's much better than the console version, which I loved.
monkeyman
Just finished MGS3. Such an incredible game, really glad I finally got around to replaying it (the HD port on Vita is pretty much perfect). I'd forgotten how sad the ending and the final revelations regarding The Boss are though.

Odd choice of end credit song (Way to Fall by Starsailor). I do really want the game soundtrack though. I might just download it or see what they're offering for the 25th anniversary special edition....
Llama
QUOTE (Silky @ Aug 7 2012, 10:22 PM) *
I'm playing Dragon Age Origins on PC. Even ignoring the whole mod thing, it's much better than the console version, which I loved.

What makes it better? Out of interest. I love that game.
Silky
QUOTE (Llama @ Aug 8 2012, 08:18 AM) *
What makes it better? Out of interest. I love that game.

I'm not sure. Everything just feels smoother. The graphics are better but I suppose that's down to my pc.
The control system in general feels better and the quickbar is bloody massive. It's hard to put my finger on it really, but it just feels better. It might well be that it now really reminds me of Baldur's Gate, which I always loved.
This was a long rambling post that didn't actually answer your question, wasn't it?
Llama
QUOTE (Silky @ Aug 8 2012, 10:39 AM) *
This was a long rambling post that didn't actually answer your question, wasn't it?

Yes biggrin.gif

No, I sort of get what you mean.
Silky
QUOTE (Llama @ Aug 8 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Yes biggrin.gif

No, I sort of get what you mean.

Well that's good. tongue.gif
Pop round sometime and give it a whirl. smile.gif
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 8 2012, 12:46 AM) *
Just finished MGS3. Such an incredible game, really glad I finally got around to replaying it (the HD port on Vita is pretty much perfect). I'd forgotten how sad the ending and the final revelations regarding The Boss are though.

Odd choice of end credit song (Way to Fall by Starsailor). I do really want the game soundtrack though. I might just download it or see what they're offering for the 25th anniversary special edition....

I might have to start playing that soon. I played MGS2 in March/April, so I think enough of a gap has been left for it to feel fresh.
I've not played MGS3 since 2005...
monkeyman
I hadn't played it since release, it still holds up incredibly well though there are some things that bugged me. I'll definitely go through it again to collect everything at some point as I won't have to worry about killing anyone next time;I doubt I'll replay MGS2 as you need to get all dog tags on every difficulty for the platinum.
I've read you need to beat MGS4 7-8 times for the platinum....
GundamGuy_UK
Enjoy shooting all those plastic frogs in 3...
monkeyman
I think I'll just have a tick list and work my way through it. I won't have to worry about enemies as I'll murder them all. And skip the cut scenes. It'll only take a few hours I reckon.
GundamGuy_UK
Some of them are really hard, like during the bike chase and stuff.
monkeyman
Yeah I remember trying to get them years ago. I'll do it in a few months I think. A bit burnt out on MGS after playing both back to back. Looking forward to getting back into Gravity Rush and Disgaea 3. I'm still a bit sad that things like the Ape escape and vampire nightmare mini games didn't make it to the HD versions. They were good fun.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I'd forgotten how many fart and poo jokes are in Act I of MGS4.

Good old Hideo.
GundamGuy_UK
LEGO Batman is very fun. There's just a little more to it than the previous games, and I like how every level ends with a boss fight against one of the Rogue's Gallery.

I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheros, because it just looks incredible. I promised myself I need to 100% Batman and Star Wars before I get another LEGO game, though. Star Wars is nearly done, I just need to do some of those blue capsule challenges, and the super stories.
monkeyman
I loved the demo to Lego Batman 2, shame the Vita version is just a 3DS port or I'd probably get it :/
GundamGuy_UK
Get in on PS3, then Nate can join in.

EDIT: Kojima just tweeted this photo:

I wants it.
monkeyman
Getting him involved with the PS3 now just feels wrong. Maybe when he's a bit older.
I have let him play Sonic for a little while before. And journey...
GundamGuy_UK
He's three now, isn't he? I've got a friend our age with a son who's five, so I think I might have gotten them confused. Three might be a little too young... but he'll be just right when the PS4 comes out tongue.gif
GundamGuy_UK
JET SET RADIO

PS+ users can get it for free on September 18th, and then it's available on PS3, 360, and Steam on the 19th. Vita on October 16th.
monkeyman
I've only played a tiny bit of it before so getting it for free is awesome smile.gif

And yeah, Nates only 3
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 10 2012, 08:15 PM) *
I've only played a tiny bit of it before so getting it for free is awesome smile.gif

It's one of those games like Daytona USA where the soundtrack is 80% of the reason why I like it.
GundamGuy_UK
This will never in a million years ever happen, but I had this idea earlier...

A cross-series video game year. Like the comic arcs that span all the series, like Crisis and No Man's Land and so on, but with a game company.

So as an example, with Capcom. They could release a Megaman, Resident Evil, Street Fighter or whatever game each month, and they could all fight the same enemy. So imagine playing a Resident Evil game, and you're fighting this weird new enemy. And then Dante from Devil May Cry shows up, and you fight him and then your character realizes that you're both on the same side, and you team up for a level or two and then Dante leaves.

And then you play a Devil May Cry game, and it has what he was doing that led up to meeting the Resident Evil characters, and now you're fighting them and you team up with them, and then you go on your own again and finish your own story.

So the individual games would be self-contained but have a couple of cameos and hints at a larger story, and then there would be a final game at the end that would have all of them in and be the big end battle. Perhaps that game would work like Sonic Adventure, where you select a character at the start and play the same events from their point-of-view. Or maybe it would read your hard drive and see what you did in the previous titles and be a different story depending on your actions.
Ade
So, who's looking forward to Dishonored? I'm thinking it's looking rather bloody tasty.

Meanwhile, thanks to a timely birthday present, I've got Dirt Showdown to have a crack at now. HOON! happy.gif
Silky
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 12 2012, 06:21 PM) *
So, who's looking forward to Dishonered? I'm thinking it's looking rather bloody tasty.

I wasn't at first, but the more I hear, the more I want.
Everlong
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 12 2012, 06:21 PM) *
So, who's looking forward to Dishonored? I'm thinking it's looking rather bloody tasty.

Yup, looks like a great game.
Outatime
Anyone have any tips for a reliable place to buy a gaming PC from? Apparently gaming PCs best match the spec we need so that Mink can run programs for work.
GundamGuy_UK
It depends on what you want, really. I keep hearing Alienware (made by Dell) are good, but they're a brand name of sorts so you're paying a lot for the label.

I think most people in the market for a gaming PC build their own. I think PC World advertises certain spec machines as gaming machines, and they also have a business website that's cheaper than their stores and regular site.
Silky
I got my current PC from PC World and I'm more than happy with the specs for the price I paid.
NiteFall
As a massive nerd I would recommend building your own. But that's because I'm a massive nerd.
Outatime
I wouldn't know where to start building my own, Mink might but it's finding the time to do it (he needs it for early September). I have no idea what spec we need, I just thought I'd sound people out on here as I don't have anywhere else to ask! I'll send Mink in the direction of the sites you've recommended, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.