Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPACED: INVASION USA - July 18th - 27th
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
edgar wright
Here then is the details of our upcoming SPACED: INVASION USA tour...

Plus my appearance at Montreal's JUST FOR LAUGHS fest...

Behold the press release!

"SPACED - A FOUR CITY TOUR TO CELEBRATE THE DVD RELEASE"

Creators-stars and director to attend events in New York, Los Angeles, Comic-Con and Austin

BBC Video announced today a four city tour to celebrate the DVD set release of Spaced: The Complete Series, available for the first time in North America on July 22.

Creator-stars Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson) (Shaun of the Dead, Son of Rambow) and director Edgar Wright will travel to New York, Los Angeles, Comic-Con and Austin for special screenings, a marathon, panel sessions and signings for fans.

The weeklong tour kicks off in New York City at the Village East Cinema on Monday, July 21, with a screening and Q&A session moderated by Elvis Mitchell (film critic and host of KCRW's The Treatment).

The week's events include a Los Angeles screening and Q&A moderated by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma), a Comic-Con panel session moderated by Ain't It Cool's Drew McWheeny AKA 'Moriarty', a Fans' Choice screening at Comic-Con, a Marathon screening at the Austin's Alamo Drafthouse hosted by Ain't It Cool's Harry Knowles and signings at New York's Virgin Megastore in Union Square, Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash West and Comic-Con.

Facebook event pages has been created for each free screening so fans can get instant updates and hear directly from Simon, Jess and Edgar. They will also be able to follow the tour by visiting http://www.spacedinvasion.com

Spaced: The Complete Series, a 3-disc set from BBC Video, features all 14 surreal episodes of the award-winning show. Boasting over eight hours of content, the DVD set features bonus material including the all-new commentary from Quentin Tarantino (Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill), Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma), Matt Stone (South Park, Team America: World Police), Bill Hader (Superbad, SNL), Patton Oswalt (King of Queens, Ratatouille) and Diablo Cody (Oscarģ-winning writer of Juno).

NEW YORK

Monday, July 21

7:00 PM: A special 3-episode screening event of Spaced, immediately followed by a Q&A with Simon, Jessica and Edgar at the Village East Cinemas. The Q&A session will be moderated by Elvis Mitchell (film critic and host of KCRWís The Treatment). Facebook Event Page New York:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=24044392781&ref=ts

Tuesday, July 22

2:00-4:00 PM: Virgin Megastore in Union Square hosts a Spaced: The Complete Series signing event with Simon, Jessica and Edgar.

LOS ANGELES

Wednesday, July 23

12:30-2:30 PM: Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash West hosts a Spaced: The Complete Series signing event with Simon, Jessica and Edgar.

7:00 PM: A special 3-episode screening event of Spaced, immediately followed by a Q&A with Simon, Jessica and Edgar at the Arclight Hollywood. The Q&A session will be moderated by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma). Facebook Event Page Los Angeles:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=19610377378

COMIC-CON

Friday, July 25

12:30 PM: Simon, Jessica and Edgar will participate on a panel session moderated by Ainít It Coolís Moriarty in Room 6A. The three will also do multiple signings including one at the BBC booth.

10:15 PM: To close the day, Simon, Jessica and Edgar are asking fans to pick three episodes for a special Comic-Con screening event in Room 6A. Log on now to http://www.spacedinvasion.com to cast your vote.

AUSTIN

Sunday, July 27

5:00 PM: The Spaced Numb-A-Thon: A marathon screening of all 14 episodes of Spaced, including a Q&A with Simon, Jessica and Edgar moderated by Ainít It Coolís Harry Knowles at the Alamo Drafthouse Ritz. Facebook Event Page Austin:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=32271346848

And...

Simon will be promoting on Letterman on Monday, July 28th.

And...

Me and Jason Reitman will shoot the shit the week before as part of the JUST FOR LAUGHS industry festival.

http://www.justcomedy.com

"Friday, July the 18th
14:30-15:30
'Wright and Reitman Unplugged'
Grand Salon, Hyatt Regency Montreal

And don't forget to click on...

http://www.spacedinvasion.com

and

http://www.twitter.com/spacedinvasion

for updates.

Hope to see some of you there!
Llama
Well, now I'm jealous.
weputthemdown583
Seconded!
widowspider
I'm freaking excited!

Question - (I also asked on the Facebook event site) - do we need to buy tickets in advance or is it a show up on the night kind of screening? I'd have to leave work crazy early to stand a chance in hell of getting in, if so.
shaka37
SO GOING! I'm going to be playing some SERIOUS hookie that day!
frostitute
Thanks for the linkage, I just put it on my site. I will tell people I know in those areas to attend.
Jon 79
QUOTE (weputthemdown583 @ Jul 2 2008, 09:37 PM)
Seconded!

Thirded.

...I'm not entirely certain the teleporter I've been working on will be up and running by then.
Llama
Jon, despite not being sure if it's perfect yet, it's worth trying. Even if only your legs get to go.

Aww, just noticed the links to our sites on the sidebar. Thanks to whoever's responsible!
Svein
So... when are we getting our convention?
ipse dixit
*Looks at Facebook pages*

Huh - Devin Johnson. I talked to him for our US Primeval book launch. What a delightful flat-cap he's wearing.
Raven
QUOTE (Svein @ Jul 3 2008, 11:49 AM)
So... when are we getting our convention?

You didn't make it to the BFI do last year, did you?
Svein
No I didn't and I'm currently kicking myself!
melzilla
Sounds fantastic. Very jealous indeed. Although our American lot deserve it for the lack of official Spaced-ness they've had all these years. Enjoy yourselves, whoever's going, and whore pictures like your life depends on it!
shaka37
QUOTE (melzilla @ Jul 3 2008, 09:58 AM)
Sounds fantastic. Very jealous indeed. Although our American lot deserve it for the lack of official Spaced-ness they've had all these years. Enjoy yourselves, whoever's going, and whore pictures like your life depends on it!

I'm going to take as many pix as I can. I've arranged for the day off from work, and I intend to go to both LA events -- but I'm going by myself as my only "friend in Spaced" here in LA is in Michigan for wedding that week. Who will take a picture of ME WITH SIMON AND JESS!? I don't want to take pix of just them like they're animals at the zoo. laugh.gif

And I get ... embarrassed ... easily. I so wanted to shake Edgar's hand at the LAFF screening, but I chickened out. Without someone egging me on, I won't have the courage to ask him or anyone else to take one. I'll just push my DVD in front of them, grunt at them and leave. blush.gif
widowspider
Awww, shaka! Just ask them for a piccie and someone else is always happy to take it for you. They are the nicest people you will ever meet (I haven't met Jess but I bet she's a star) and always take time for fans, especially people on the SO, Peggster and EW boards. So be brave. They will reward you for it. smile.gif

I really want to go to the signing but I work miles from Union Square and it's in the middle of the day. Gah. I'll just have to take my stuff to the screening and hope I can grab Jess quickly to sign my boxset, it already has Edgar's and Simon's signatures. Fingers crossed I spot them in the lobby like I did with Edgar last year! smile.gif
shaka37
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 3 2008, 10:54 AM)
Awww, shaka! Just ask them for a piccie and someone else is always happy to take it for you. They are the nicest people you will ever meet (I haven't met Jess but I bet she's a star) and always take time for fans, especially people on the SO, Peggster and EW boards. So be brave. They will reward you for it. smile.gif

I really want to go to the signing but I work miles from Union Square and it's in the middle of the day. Gah. I'll just have to take my stuff to the screening and hope I can grab Jess quickly to sign my boxset, it already has Edgar's and Simon's signatures. Fingers crossed I spot them in the lobby like I did with Edgar last year! smile.gif

Thanks widowspider for the pep talk. You know, part of me is *very* LA ... I don't bother the celebs and that instinct kicks in even at these kinds of events. And then the other part of me is star struck by these people in particular because I have wanted to meet them for SO long and never thought I would. But then, that's what they're going to BE there for right? the adulation? laugh.gif I also tend to get tweaked about the people behind me in line who want my ass to MOVE IT ALONG! LOL!

I'm still wondering if I'm going to get my box set in time for the signing. I have pre-ordered it and it's slated to arrive on the 23rd, but I will probably already be out the door before it's delivered. Best I may hope to bring for signage is my Shaun of the dead DVD ... which will make me look like an even bigger jerk.

Oh, and PLAY HOOKIE. I completely encourage it. GO! Who know when this will come around again. That's my rationale.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:08 AM)
Who know when this will come around again. That's my rationale.

Point taken. Part of the reason why it looks like Robb and I are going to blow off preview night of CC and go to the LA one, as well. (Well, that and and he really really really wants Kevin Smith to sign his DVD. tongue.gif)
widowspider
QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 3 2008, 07:08 PM)
Thanks widowspider for the pep talk. You know, part of me is *very* LA ... I don't bother the celebs and that instinct kicks in even at these kinds of events. And then the other part of me is star struck by these people in particular because I have wanted to meet them for SO long and never thought I would. But then, that's what they're going to BE there for right? the adulation? laugh.gif I also tend to get tweaked about the people behind me in line who want my ass to MOVE IT ALONG! LOL!

I'm still wondering if I'm going to get my box set in time for the signing. I have pre-ordered it and it's slated to arrive on the 23rd, but I will probably already be out the door before it's delivered. Best I may hope to bring for signage is my Shaun of the dead DVD ... which will make me look like an even bigger jerk.

Oh, and PLAY HOOKIE. I completely encourage it. GO! Who know when this will come around again. That's my rationale.

That's a pretty New York trait as well - there are very few people that I would walk up to on the street if I saw them and ask for a photo. But at these events, there's nothing wrong with asking for just a second of someone's time to get a photo, and especially with the guys they are more than happy to give that to you. And everyone should have their chance, so ignore the people behind you. biggrin.gif

I'll have to leave work uber-early to get to the screening already, and I just don't have enough days of vacation to take one for the following day. We shall see. My boss is a big nerd, so he might be cool with me running off in the middle of the day to go to the signing.
shaka37
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jul 3 2008, 12:23 PM)
Point taken.† Part of the reason why it looks like Robb and I are going to blow off preview night of CC and go to the LA one, as well.† (Well, that and and he really really really wants Kevin Smith to sign his DVD. tongue.gif)

It really is an embarrassment of riches, this signing. I dig Kevin Smith, too. It's worth considering ... what would you be missing on preview night? I've never been to a comi-con, so I don't even know what preview night is.

Are you going the whole four days? I've been itching to go for years now, but have never been. I know it's too late to get four-day passes and I can't go anyway ... but I'm wondering if I can get a one day membership?
frostitute
There's a new video on the site, if you haven't seen it already
LoneWolf
You lucky people!

Oi oi!
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:34 AM)
It's worth considering ... what would you be missing on preview night? I've never been to a comi-con, so I don't even know what preview night is.

Preview night is basically just an extra evening where you can stroll the convention floor, do some shopping, see where everything's located, etc. It's nice, but not a total bummer if you miss it. wink.gif And I'll have plenty of time to get my work done. To wit...

Are you going the whole four days?

Yup.

I know it's too late to get four-day passes and I can't go anyway ... but I'm wondering if I can get a one day membership?

Not for Saturday, that's sold out too. Friday is 89% sold out, so if you want to go for the Spaced stuff get on that sucker now. Plenty of Thursday and Sunday tickets left.

http://www.comic-con.org/
shaka37
I know I won't be able to go for spaced stuff, which is why I'm going to the Wednesday stuff ... But I've always wanted to get the comicon experience.
Raven
Article on Sci-Fi.com.
widowspider
ATTENTION NYC SPACED OUTERS!

If you are planning to attend the Monday night screening, please send me a PM so I can get a list of names for attendance.

That is all. smile.gif
Sostie
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 8 2008, 06:01 PM)

If you are planning to attend the Monday night screening, please send me a PM so I can get a list of names for attendance.

That is all. smile.gif

Wish I could raise the money to get to this.

Rachel, do think you could keep them occupied until SONY III ?
widowspider
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 9 2008, 09:58 AM)
Wish I could raise the money to get to this.

Rachel, do think you could keep them occupied until SONY III ?

I'll slip something in their drinks and then force them to see every show I am doing for the next four months. That should do it.
Jon 79
Simon, Jess & Edgar introduce the 6 episode they picked to be aired on BBC America next Sunday.

...I particularly like Jess' description of episode 1. biggrin.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 12 2008, 12:07 PM)

Very cool!
melzilla
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 12 2008, 01:07 PM)

That's a great little read.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 12 2008, 10:07 PM)

Lovely. Made me smile. See? ---> biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
shaka37
fantastic.
Flame7581
I'm so ticked.. Stupid Comedy Fest.

They want me to pay $500 to register. Why? The only thing I'd go see is Edgar on Friday..

Grr.. Argh <sigh>
mbumpus00
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 8 2008, 12:01 PM)

That is all. smile.gif

my wife and i will be there! we're making the trip from Boston.. there is no way we would miss a rare opportunity like this.

i thought the NYC screening was on a first come first serve basis? think there will be any type of after party? we're staying the night for the signing the next day. biggrin.gif

- Jon
widowspider
Hey Jon - welcome to the boards! Feel free to say hello in the New Members Thread.

The event is on a first come first served basis, but we all like to look out for each other to salute fellow forum members! As far as I know, there is no kind of party afterwards, and I for one have to go to work the next day so I'll be heading home once it's finished.
Raven
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 16 2008, 05:41 PM)
As far as I know, there is no kind of party afterwards, and I for one have to go to work the next day so I'll be heading home once it's finished.

Where's that "I'll fly the Atlantic for Spaced!" spirit gone?!
widowspider
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 16 2008, 06:42 PM)
Where's that "I'll fly the Atlantic for Spaced!" spirit gone?!

I'd still fly the Atlantic for Spaced, but when I have to get up at 7am the next day I'm not so keen on late night boozing on a Monday! smile.gif
mbumpus00
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 16 2008, 11:41 AM)
Hey Jon - welcome to the boards! Feel free to say hello in the New Members Thread.

The event is on a first come first served basis, but we all like to look out for each other to salute fellow forum members! As far as I know, there is no kind of party afterwards, and I for one have to go to work the next day so I'll be heading home once it's finished.

thanks for the reply and the reply to my PM! i''ll be sure to give a proper introduction in the new members thread.

too bad about the party.. i was hoping to put back a few tequila slammers at a jazz bar with those three. :D

- Jon
grumpygit
L.A. Weekly interview with Edgar, Simon and Jessica

Post edited to fix URL - not sure why it wasn't working in the first place, to be honest! - Raven.
skkflip
I can't wait for you guys to be at the Alamo. Good times! cool.gif smile.gif
CazBag
Have fun all of you lucky people going to the NY event tonight! Look forward to hearing all about it!
omni
Soooooooooooooooooo excited.
thirtyhelens
Have a ball, guys, and give Harmz and Kim a big hug each for me biggrin.gif
DeadMike
Man I would love to go to any of these events but I'm all the way down in Florida and they're so far away. Edgar, Simon, Jess come to Florida! We have lovely overpriced theme parks! And a Virgin Megastore!

Oh well. Oy Oy you lucky people, enjoy!
shaka37
I am so looking forward to Wednesday. I just know I'm not getting into the screening. I have this sad feeling I'm going to be dead last in line. I'm going to the signing and heading over to the theater and I'm thinking that might be a mistake.
dolfyn
There are already a few pics on Peggster. Simon looked lovely. wub.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
Baz
So where can I buy this lovely DVD from and get it shipped to the UK.
Raven
Amazon.com?
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 22 2008, 12:44 PM)
Amazon.com?

Just got it of Play for £26.00.
Raven
Bargin!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.