Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TAPE LOOP
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sostie
Now that the last Loop has ended, a new one will be started soon.

This post is to announce the next Loop, but not to take "applicants". This gives the oppurtunity for all those that are interested in joining the Loop, advanced notice. Also, it should give people a chance to consider, before joining the Loop, whether they are prepared to make the commitment of not just creating a CD, but posting promptly and reviewing others' CDs.

This thread will re-open in two weeks time on the afternoon of Monday 28th July. Members can then post their interest to join the Loop. There will be 8 places and all will be allocated on a first-come-first served basis.

For those not famliar with the Tape Loop, it works something like this.

A list of the 8 participants will be created - it is up to each participant to PM their address details to the member before them on the list.

On creation of the Loop you will have a period of time to create a compilation CD, with artwork if you wish (approx 2 weeks). There are no limits to the number of tracks on the CD, but please keep it to one CD only.

Your CD should be posted to the member that follows you on the list. A date of posting will be given

You should forward the other member's CDs you recieve every two weeks after that (dates will be given).

The two weeks between posting should give you enough time to listen to the CDs you recieve, as well as review them in an allocated thread.

The Loop ends when all CDs have been reviewed by all participating members.

This Loop is open only to UK residents only.

Remember - please do no not join the Loop unless you are prepared to listen, review and post other members CDs within the allotted times.

Good luck.
Sostie
We are now taking "applicants" for the next Loop. If you wish to participate post your interest here.

8 spaces available, but a possibility of a second Loop in tandem if interest exceeds expectation.

Before considering joining the Loop please read the 1st post in this thread.
Baz
My music tastes have changed a little bit since I last done a loop so I think I'm in on this one.

Plus I can abuse the work post. smile.gif
Kick in the Head
Sure, I'll have another go. There may be the odd address change while I sort out job-hunting/potential moving plans in the coming months, but as long as I give a little advance warning to the poster, that shouldn't be a problem. Sign me up.
Sostie
Bump
logger
Go on then.
Rua
My mixing software has died which is a major pisser (for many reasons, mainly financial) but as no-one else seems to be showing an interest I'll give The Loop another pop anyway.
maian
I was going to sit this one out, but I'll happily have another go.
Jon 79
I'll have another go,... if that's ok. ... Though having joined in the last one, I don't mind stepping down if someone wants my place.
Wife Of Rolex
Ooh, just made it. Stick me down. I promise a much better effort this time.
Sostie
If there are no more takers by Friday afternoon I may have to take a space.
Hobbes
I'd like to, but I really won't have the time to make, listen and review realy, got too much stuff going on between returning to uni and lots of stuff to sort out for my brother's wedding.

Shame because i have some killer tracks i'd put on.
Sostie
One place left. Any more takers?

Otherwise, a 7 person Loop will be finalised later today.
Ade
Go on then.
Sostie
That's our 8!

Order as follows..

Kick in the Head
Ade
Baz
logger
Rua
maian
Jon 79
Wife Of Rolex

Please send your address via PM to the Looper above you, and get those CDs ready.

First post out date 18th August giving 2 full weekends to finalise your discs(if the general concensous is that that is too soon let me know)

A review thread will be opened once CDs have been posted.
Jubei
Shit, how do I only ever see these things a few days after they've filled up, or in this case, a few hours. Rubbish.
Baz
Suppose I'd best get my thinking cap on and start putting some songs together.
Are we having a limit on the tracks or as many as we can get on a cd?

Also are we putting track listings on the cd?
Ade
QUOTE (Baz @ Aug 6 2008, 01:45 PM)
Suppose I'd best get my thinking cap on and start putting some songs together.
Are we having a limit on the tracks or as many as we can get on a cd?

Up to you I reckon. But I'll happily listen to anything up to 79'57"... other people may not necessarily share my tolerance. wink.gif I usually aim for an hour's duration or thereabouts.

QUOTE (Baz @ Aug 6 2008, 01:45 PM)
Also are we putting track listings on the cd?

The trend has been to send a mystery disc out, and to PM tracklistings to each reviewer in turn. I'm happy to opt for either way really, but I think the majority of people like to listen to the discs first without any preconceptions.
Rua
I don't think track listings go on the CD & it's up to the individual really how many tracks that go on it.

Is that right Sostie?

eta: Well answered Ade.

QUOTE (Jubei @ Aug 5 2008, 10:23 PM)
Shit, how do I only ever see these things a few days after they've filled up, or in this case, a few hours.  Rubbish.

Jubei, if you really want to join in I don't mind stepping aside. I was part of the last one & as much as it was enjoyable I honestly don't mind giving you my slot, as it were.
Raven
QUOTE (Jubei @ Aug 5 2008, 10:23 PM)
Shit, how do I only ever see these things a few days after they've filled up, or in this case, a few hours.  Rubbish.

Do you use the "View New Posts" link on the top right of the page? You shouldn't miss anything if you use that (and "Mark all Posts as Read" - bottom right - afterwards!).
Ade
So, I can't nickname Jubei as 'Juble Early', then? Darn. wink.gif

Is he taking Rua's place then, or what?
Rua
If he wants to, that is cool. If he chooses not to, that is also cool.

I look forward to either eventuallity.
Rua
Right Jubei. Speak today or forever hold your peace.
Rua
Right then. I'm still in.

Triple post.
Ade
Woot.

I'm glad I've got some time off now - I can spend some extra time sorting my disc out.
Jon 79
Planning mine now. ... It's gonna be mostly singles this time round.
logger
This is hard.
Ade
As much fun as it is, I don't get that excited about the Tape Loop.

But whatever floats your boat.
logger
I knew someone would stoop, and stoop you did. wink.gif
Ade
It's like a perpetual domino rally, this place. Someone always sets 'em up.
Wife Of Rolex
I'm much happier with the mix I've come up with this time than the last one.

Oh, Kick In The Head, if you're there, I still don't have your address.
maian
I've got an unexpected two days off so I can finally spend a bit of time on my mix,
which is good since my previous idea of getting 50 or so tracks, sticking them in a playlist and leaving them to form their own mix hasn't been a fruitful endeavour.
Jon 79
My mix is done. ...& it's looking good.
Oh, & it's something of a concept album.
maian
Hmm, choosing songs from one particular artist is proving troublesome.
Jon 79
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 11 2008, 11:19 PM)
Hmm, choosing songs from one particular artist is proving troublesome.

I always find choosing songs the easy bit... it's putting them in the correct order that I spend the most time on.
maian
I've only really started whittling the list down, something I usually have no problem with but there's two albums that I've recently been listening to and love to bits, so choosing just one or two tracks is proving difficult. I'm working on it, though.
Baz
Hope everyones cd is coming along fine, just putting the finishing touches to mine and started doing the art work tonight.
Jon 79
just finished my cover art.
...looks good. 'cept I've just noticed a typo. D'oh!
maian
Mix is shaping up nicely now. Just need to add a few more tracks and it'll be done. Then I can choose a name and do the cover 'art'.
Wife Of Rolex
My mix is complete but I'm yet to start my cover art. Will have to see what I come up with tomorrow.
Kick in the Head
I've got a good idea where my mis is heading, but still interchanging a couple of tracks. It's probably going to be a last minute decision.
Rua
Hmm. You all make me feel like I really haven't put enough effort into this.
maian
After a few hours of futile tinkering I suddenly had a breakthrough and finalised the tracklist. Now, the rest of it.
Rua
On it's way to you Ed.
logger
I may only be able to post mine on Monday, will that be enough time, Rua?

I could make a special journey first thing tomorrow if I have to.
Rua
No, no you've loads of time. It'll make it over in a couple of days, not a bother on it.
Sostie
Hopefully first mail outs should be taking place today.

Review thread opened.
Ade
Should have mine in tonight's post, provided I get out of work in time, else it'll go out with tomorrow's collection.
logger
Mine's on its way to Mr Rua.
Wife Of Rolex
Just come back from posting mine off to KITH.

A teensy warning though. A teensy bit of black ink may get on your fingers from the cover. I only noticed this afternoon that it did that. It's only a tiny bit though. It won't stain. Just make sure you haven't got sweaty fingers when handling it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.