Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cinemexperience: part deux.
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159
logger
I like War of the Worlds til Tim Robbins shows up.
Sostie
Well I like War Of The Worlds. It has some great set-pieces and visuals, good enough to make-up for the son and his appearance at the end. It's not Spielberg on top form, but he is on good form, which is still better than most directors. And it is better than the 50's version and Jeff Wayne's rock opera wank.
empathy-with-beast
My favourite bit og War of the Worlds is the bit with the guns, where Tom Cruise gets out his gun and all the people are like "Oh my God! A gun!" and then another guy produces a gun and everbody is like "Oh my God! Two guns!" As if in America only two in a hundred people thought to bring a firearm with them in a time of civil unrest.

You know that in reality that stand off would have ended in a carcophony of shot gun blasts and side arm fire and with Dakota fanning splattered to a fine mist all over her dad's face.
Jimmay
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 27 2009, 12:30 AM) *
b) Popeye.

Proof, if proof be need be, that you are indeed of Maltese descent.
Raven
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jan 27 2009, 10:14 AM) *
My favourite bit og War of the Worlds is the bit with the guns, where Tom Cruise gets out his gun and all the people are like "Oh my God! A gun!" and then another guy produces a gun and everbody is like "Oh my God! Two guns!" As if in America only two in a hundred people thought to bring a firearm with them in a time of civil unrest.

You know that in reality that stand off would have ended in a carcophony of shot gun blasts and side arm fire and with Dakota fanning splattered to a fine mist all over her dad's face.

That, I would pay to see.
Atara
Jeff Waynes War of The Worlds is the best. My childhood was at least 5% better than it would have been without it.
maian
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 27 2009, 11:04 AM) *
Proof, if proof be need be, that you are indeed of Maltese descent.

I've seen the entirety of The Malta Story as well. I think I saw it in a cinema in Valetta, actually.

One of my favourite childhood memories is of visiting the Popeye set. It's magical.
dandan
tropic thunder - i'll see you again tonight in my head movies...

can i even be arsed?

a bunch of people; failing action hero - tugg speedman (ben stiller), method actor - kirk lazarus (robert downey jr.), drug-addled comedian - jeff portnoy (jack black), rapper - alpa chino (brandon t jackson), and a young character actor - kevin sandusky (jay baruchel), head to vietnam with hot-shot, first-time director damien cockburn (steeve coogan), to make a film, of the book, tropic thunder! needless to say, things go wrong and 'the shit gets real'; to paraphrase 'bad boys 2'...

this is a very silly film. sure, there's a couple of nicely satirical moments in there, but on the whole, it's just very silly. i was kinda entertained by it, but i didn't really like it very much and i didn't find myself laughing out loud, apart from at the very early "f***, s***, c***" joke. the rest of it was a pretty tired amalgamation of well trodden ground.

as for tom cruise, if i didn't already think he was vile and creepy, i would now...

reasonable-ish...

enter the phoenix - ash tray...

georgie (daniel wu) is a successful chef, living in thailand. he's also gay and, since having been sent to boarding school many years ago, has never returned to his native hong kong. georgie's father, first brother (yuen biao), on his deathbed, instructs his right hand man, master eight (law kar-ying), and his son, kin (chapman to), to find his son and bring him to hong kong. first brother is he head of a triad family and wants his son to take over from him...

master eight and kin arrive in thailand, just as first brother dies, but they soon find georgie and talk him into coming back to hong kong to be their big brother. although, they've actually found sam (eason chen), georgie's (straight) flatmate, who fancies living as a big brother for a while, with georgie assuming the role of sam; georgie's boyfriend...

hmm, this sounds more complicated than it actually is. however, complications arise when, upon returning to hong kong for first brother's funeral, a member of a rival gang, cheng chow (stephen fung), makes it clear that he is ready to wage war.

well, i've had this dvd for ages, but couldn't get the subs to work. still, after some jiggery-pokery, i got them working. woo!

as a directorial debut for stephen fung, things are a bit uneven and he tries to cram an awful lot in. mixing a cast of youngsters, old-timers and some notable cameos, the film is just as jumbled in content: there's touches of drama, romance and some action, although it is predominantly a comedy. there's times when things don't quite work and styles clash, but it made me laugh and kept me well entertained for its duration...

chen, to, law and mok, who plays the daughter of another triad boss, all have their moments, with to and law making a pretty good, comedic, father and son team. however, as you might imagine, wu is the real star here.

gay men are not usually treated too well in hong kong cinema; but credit must go to fung, his co-writers and daniel wu, for creating a gay man in hong kong cinema, who is a well-rounded individual, pouring cold water on past, more cringe-worthy characters. still, that's not to say that there's not moments which aren't as progressive, but these are few and their silliness is further highlighted by wu's presence.

not a great film, but a good watch, which is a lot of fun.
dandan
the wave - die welle (wave), not the wella wave...

rainer wenger (jurgen vogel) is a popular teacher. his ramones t-shirt gives away his past and he is refereed to by his first name, when students address him. when another teacher chooses 'anarchy', as their subject for project week, rainer is stuck with 'autocracy'. still, his popularity ensures that his class is full.

after an initial, lacklustre, discussion with the class, mainly focussing on how a fascistic dictatorship could never develop in germany again, rainer decides to conduct an experiment. over the next five days, he sows the seeds of autocratic thought and "die welle" (or, 'the wave'); is formed. the enigmatic nature of rainer, now referred to as mr wenger, lures the students further into a fascistic mind-set, which soon begins to spiral out of control...

hmm, a very interesting premise. unfortunately, the nice touches and moments of interest are far out-weighed by a severe lack of subtlety, some general silliness and overt stylisation. a shame. the original experiment, which apparently took place in an american high school sounds interesting, as well, but the source material which documents it is a little unreliable.

the performances are, on the whole, pretty good and there's a reasonable selection of characters, but it feels as if a lot was cut out of the film to tighten up the pacing. personally, a slower paced, more languid and deeper approach; maybe a mini-series, would probably have served to make the execution of the premise more satisfying. the adoption of stylised editing, an intrusive soundtrack and a sensationalised ending, kinda ruin things...

might have been good, but it isn't...
Outatime
Milk

I went to see this last night and felt slightly disappointed. Although the story was interesting the only character that seemed written with any depth was that of Dan White, a supervisor who comes to power at the same time as Milk. The reason the film works so well as a piece of social commentary is because of the use of stock footage of Anita Bryant and other people voicing their opinions.
maian
What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Quite dull. Not bad, but still not all that much to write home about, other than Leo being terrific.

The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

Still one of the most entertaining films I've seen in a long time.
dandan
funuke show some love, you losers - french toast...

when the parents of the wago family are killed in a road accident sumika (eriko sato) returns to their rural home. here she finds her older brother, shinji (masatoshi nagase), his new wife, machiko (hiromi nagasaku), and her younger sister, kyomi (aimi satsukawa). sumika has been trying to breakthrough as an actress in tokyo, shinji makes charcoal, machiko met shinji through an agency and, after a life of solitude, relishes being part of a family, whilst kyomi has finished high school and is working part-time. it soon becomes evident that the wago family is riddled with secrets...

well, this was fun. an off-kilter family drama which is draped in dark comedy, the film is a great watch. one can chuckle and gasp in equal measure as, little by little, a portrait of an extremely dysfunctional family is brought to light, headed up by eriko sato's sumika. sato does a grand job, equalled by nagase, nagasaku and satsukawa, who are all quite super.

it's a film that i don't really want to say much about; apart from recommending it. knowing as little as possible about it, prior to viewing, is probably a good thing. to these ends, i'd advise steering clear of mark schlling's japan times review, which gives away far too much for my liking.

good stuff.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 29 2009, 11:09 PM) *
What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Quite dull. Not bad, but still not all that much to write home about, other than Leo being terrific.

Aww, I like that movie. Not seen it in years, but I remember really liking it.
maian
Frost/Nixon

Wonderful. Really compelling and entertaining with two superb performances at its centre, though I preferred Langella since he seemed to ease into the character a lot more easily. Sheen's performance seemed quite affected throughout the first half an hour or so. Not sure about the phone call. Would write more but it was such an absolute pain actually getting to see the film that I can't quite collect my thoughts.

Any, it's dead good.
Crutch
The Naked Dinner - Like bad sex. Only worse.

Bolt - Really funny troughout, really cute and with a really lame Disney-ong almost ruining the whole movie... But it shows that animals are cuter than robots.
sleeping_pirate
Babel- loved it. Brilliant cast and really well structured.

Crash- I really enjoyed this, however I did miss the very end as I fell asleep.
logger
Michael Clayton

Better than I expected with a screenplay interesting enough to keep you entertained but there was an element of George Clooney plays a lawyer in a filmness to it. I'm a little surprised by Tilda Swinton's Oscar win for this, I can't fault her performance but I wasn't too keen on the character which had a whiff of misogyny to it. Plus industrial espionage guys would have shot Clayton to make it look like a mugging rather than use a car bomb.
Zoe
WALL·E (2008)

Some nice visual moments, but I was a bit bored. In one way I can see how children would love it, but in others I think I'd find it oddly depressing if I was still a child. The happy ending seemed a bit tacked on and the rest of it, a didatic diatribe on a sedentary lifestyle, seems a bit much for the under tens it's aimed at. It's rather a bleak view of humanity.

Flashbacks of a Fool (2008)

Much better than I imagined. The present day sections are a brilliantly English look at Hollywood and the titular flashbacks are much more than trite nostalgia. It's constructed like a great contemporary novel, and speaking of novels the seventies sections are fantastic and exactly how 'The Rotters Club' should have been adapted (the Clement and La Frenais' version was a massive disappointment). I really liked its pace and plotting, and although I would have been happy with a bit more characterisation, on the whole I was very engaged and suitably moved by the ending.

The kid playing the young Daniel Craig looks spookily like him.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2009, 12:07 AM) *
WALL·E (2008)

Some nice visual moments, but I was a bit bored. In one way I can see how children would love it, but in others I think I'd find it oddly depressing if I was still a child. The happy ending seemed a bit tacked on and the rest of it, a didatic diatribe on a sedentary lifestyle, seems a bit much for the under tens it's aimed at. It's rather a bleak view of humanity.

Really? I thought that when the humans learned about what life *could* be as opposed to what they'd been told, that it was quite an uplifting moment.
logger
Fandango

It must be twenty years since I last saw this and I was surprised by how well it has stood up. A simple enough low budget plot does what it's supposed to do but it's a very visually driven film and quite inventive with it. There were a number of sequences that I've seen in later films, most noticeably Sonatine, I just wonder how many were copied directly from this film.
Zoe
Meh.

What they'd become in the first place + how long it took them to realise x how long it will take to rebuild the earth = depressing for me.

The idea that inspiration and the human spirit could be so easily subdued is a horrible thought, and not accurate as far as I'm concerned.

I know it's a kids' film and it's a fable, but the message seemed a little harsh to me and a bit hypocritical since it was contained in a DVD.

I dunno, I seem hardwired not to appreciate Pixar in the same way everyone else seems to - discounting 'Monsters Inc'.
Sean of the Dead
Some thoughts on the latter half of Underworld:

"Your incompetence is most... taxing." - Need to use this phrase more.

It's a really terrible film featuring two truly great actors and as such I quite like it. A barely crepuscular vampire film in which everyone is very, very angry and Kate Beckinsale is very, very shiny. Nighy's death is hilarious. I am now watching the sequel, which I can only hope maintains such standards, despite lack of Sheeny.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2009, 12:24 AM) *
The idea that inspiration and the human spirit could be so easily subdued is a horrible thought, and not accurate as far as I'm concerned.

The fact that people watch Strictly Come Dancing confirms it for me. But then I'm a cynic.

I usually hate Pixar (discounting Monsters Inc) but I did enjoy WALL-E. It works on the same level as Superman and that kind of movie: people are capable of great things, if they want to be. It's just a shame imho, that many people generally don't.
Zoe
Underword is shiiiiiiit

One of the best practicaly jokes my little brother has ever played on me was telling me it was really good and worth buying when it was cheap on ex-rental in Blockbuster.

It's still there on the shelf - tosser.
Starscream`s Ghost
I think I got through 20 minutes of Underworld. Then I had to get out the brain bleach.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2009, 12:29 AM) *
Underword is shiiiiiiit

One of the best practicaly jokes my little brother has ever played on me was telling me it was really good and worth buying when it was cheap on ex-rental in Blockbuster.

It's still there on the shelf - tosser.

I'm 10 minutes into the sequel and it's even worse.
"Your blood's memory will tell me everything I need to know."
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to the extent that both Vampires and Werewolves exist and that Kate Beckinsale can not only move but fight in that catsuit, but vampires believing in homeopathy? Come on!
maian
Man On Wire

Still beautiful and brilliant.
Crutch
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Jan 31 2009, 01:56 PM) *
Crash- I really enjoyed this, however I did miss the very end as I fell asleep.

The cool Cronenberg movie or the lame one? Probably the later.

Twilight - Really teenish. But way better than the first Harry Potter with an exceptionally beautiful score and a quite interesting second half. It's like Smallville meets teenwolf.

Lakeview Terrace - One of the sickest movie I've ever seen. In a good way. It brilliantly manages to creep me out while totally staying in a believable setting. I'm really impressed. It's like Spike Lee directing a slasher.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2009, 12:29 AM) *
Underword is shiiiiiiit

I don't mind it all - silly nonsense - but it contains the WORST actor ever to grace the screen - some dick called Shane Brolly.

I like Michael Sheen being a bad ass. Actually - I just like Michael Sheen. So - ner ner ner.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (Crutch @ Feb 1 2009, 03:39 PM) *
The cool Cronenberg movie or the lame one? Probably the later.
Definitely the latter, I hated the Cronenberg one!
Kick in the Head
Underworld managed to be both cack and wank at the same time (there's a pretty picture). How could a war between werewolves and vampires be sooooo boring?!

Recently watched Confessions of a Dangerous Mind when it was on telly. Really very good, chock full of great cameos as well as a terrific central performance from the ever-reliable Sam Rockwell. Completely forgot it was written by Charlie Kaufman until the credits, but I guess it makes sense.
Zoe
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Feb 1 2009, 03:45 PM) *
I like Michael Sheen being a bad ass. Actually - I just like Michael Sheen. So - ner ner ner.

Everyone likes Michael Sheen.

I'm sure the first 'Underworld' film doesn't hold many happy memories for him either...
sleeping_pirate
I met Michael Sheen. He was luvverly.
sweetbutinsane
The Golden Compass

It has been a while since I read the book so I thought it might be safe to watch the film. It wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting. Blonde hair aside, Kidman was perfect as Mrs Coulter, and the guy who plays Lee Scoresby is pretty good too.

However, Dakota Blue Richards kind of annoyed me (though there were some moments where her acting (and voice) wasn't so bad) and the whole story was so rushed. Where the hell did the ending go? wacko.gif
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2009, 06:01 PM) *

I'm sure the first 'Underworld' film doesn't hold many happy memories for him either...

Probably not. He is the best thing in the film - as he is in most things.

I met Michael Sheen. He was luvverly.

Lucky missus!
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2009, 06:01 PM) *

Don't you just hate it when you break up with someone and they leave their franchise at your place?

I just remembered that I watched 2 Days In Paris the other day. The fact that I'd forgotten I'd watched it might suggest that I didn't think much of it, but I did actually quite like it. It was quite funny, quite clever, quite well observed. It was just quite.
Crutch
The Day, the Earth stood still - The new one. Not bad. The first ten minutes were really ridicolous (phone call five seconds before the governement guys arrive and flying with a helicopter right over then place, where the mysterious thing is suposed to hit ground?!?!?!?), but from then on it was a well crafted, quite gripping sci-fi flic with some impressively enormous CGI-moments. Jennifer C. lost a little too much weight for my taste.

The Punisher - The one with Thomas Jane. Still loving it. It gets more entertaining everytime I see it. laugh.gif
logger
Southland Tales

The War of Terror film.
Sostie
JCVD
Jean-Claude Van Damme plays once top Hollywood action star, Jean-Claude Van Damme. He's just lost his custody battle for his daughter, has a craeer appearing in straight to DVD b-movies and is a little bit skint. He returns to his hometown in Belgium, goes to the Post Office to pick up some money and...has Jean-Claude just robbed the Post Office?
This is Jean-Claude Van Damme doing a post-modern action film via Dog Day Afternoon. There is one moment when he gives a five minute, one take monologue to camera - you can see it's difficult for him, his voice trembles and nearly starts shedding tears in the first few seconds - at the end of it you think he's either just bared his soul to the camera or given the performance of his life. JCVD is either a genius career move, a huge ego wank or a pisstake. Or all three. Either way it is a very interesting and well performed curiosity. I salute you Mr VD.
maian
The Station Agent (2003)

Independent film directed by Tom McCarthy, best known to some on here for his role in Season 5 of The Wire. It stars Peter Dinklage as Finn, a dwarf train enthusiast who inherits an old signal box in the town of Newfoundland, New Jersey. He moves (well, walks) there and strikes up a series of unlikely friendships with a Latino hot dog vender (Bobby Cannavale), an artist (Patricia Clarkson) and a librarian (Michelle Williams).

I was really charmed by this. It's a very low-key film in which not very much happens, but the actors all have such wonderful natural chemistry that they can carry it along. The pacing is slow and deliberate but the film never drags, again, thanks to the performances but also thanks to McCarthy's funny script. Peter Dinklage is the stand-out as a man who just wants a bit of quiet and is frightfully direct with anyone he meets.

The commentary on the DVD is also worth a listen. It's a bit dry but it contains McCarthy, Dinklage, Clarkson and Cannavale, all of whom have as good a rapport off-screen as they do on-screen. It's also quite interesting how difficult it was to get the film made and how little money they had. I thought that they must have had a fair bit of cash going into it since it looks beautiful and not in the least bit cheap, but they really had hardly anything and had to rely on a very talented team and connections with the New York theatre scene to get some of the actors that they did (e.g. Richard Kind, John Slattery and Michelle Williams).

Anyway, it's very good.
maian
If you ever need to perk up in the morning, don't bother with coffee, try a pseudo-religious French gorefest in a nearly empty cinema.

Martrys (2008)

A young girl named Lucie escapes from people who have been holding her captive and torturing her for weeks on end. No one is ever caught, she is thereafter traumatised by the experience, and only manages to have one significant relationship in her life; her friendship with a girl named Anna. Fifteen years after she was kidnapped, Anna (Morjana Alaoui) and Lucie (Mylène Jampanoï) go searching for the people who took her, and inadvertently step into a world that is far more terrifying than they could have imagined.

'Martyrs' is the stuff that Daily Mail hate campaigns are made of. It really does have it all; graphic vigilante violence, self-mutilation, pseudo-lesbianism, scenes of, ahem, 'torture porn', and an unremittingly bleak tone. Prior to going in, I'd been told that it was one of the most messed up horror films ever made and, even if I dispute that claim, I can't argue with 'messed up' as a description of what goes on.

I've got to be careful here since a lot of the really horrible, nasty stuff that occurs is actually plot-related and I'd rather not ruin it for anyone. Needless to say, over the course of the film we see, in no particular order, nails being pulled out of someone's head, heads stoved in, chests collapsed by shotgun blasts, and people cutting into their own arms with very sharp objections. It's wince-inducing stuff from beginning to end, and a treat for gore hounds who want to get plenty of bang (slash and smash) for their buck.

As if assaulting us with sparing but vicious bouts of violence and gore wasn't enough for them, the filmmakers also provide a fair degree of suspense and tension. The bits where people aren't getting cut up are just as scary, if not moreso, than the bits where they are. Most of the film takes place within one confined location, so there is a sense of claustrophobia over the whole thing that is hard to shake off, especially since it is established very early on that Lucie is being pursued by something which pops out at any given moment. You quickly learn to fear the silence. 'Martyrs' is a very well made little film, which manages to be both classy in its direction and nasty and grimy in its basic aesthetic. It's not an easy combination to pull off but somehow writer/director Pascal Laugier, currently lined up to write and direct the remake of Clive Barker's 'Hellraiser', manages it.

To paraphrase Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, it's a bastard child of a thousand horror films, with little shades of a couple of different sub-genres. It starts out like a revenge film, then segues into a creature feature with very clear parallels to Ringu and Ju-On, then what can only be described as a survivor drama, then, finally, a descent into torture, brutality and possibly unnecessary surgery. It's not so much a single film as four interconnected vignettes. The upside of this is you never get bored, the downside (or upside, depending on how scared you like to be) is that you always wonder if any of the old bits are going to crop up again.

I do have a couple of reservations about the film, the first of which relates to the last act. The last half an hour or so is as bleak as you could possibly want and marks the point where the film turns from being grimy to just plain grim. It's really tough, brutal and tortuous and edges on misogynistic. It winds up being a bit of an ordeal for the audience, but one that does have a pay-off in the end.

My second complaint would be plot related, as there is a point in the film where I just sat there and bemoaned the stupidity of the characters. This wouldn't be so much of a problem in your average horror film, but 'Martyrs' had proved itself to be so unusual prior to this that this lapse really stuck out.

Barking mad and bloody, 'Martyrs' is a blast.
Omniscia
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 2 2009, 12:12 PM) *
The Station Agent (2003)

It's a beautiful film. Very sweet, and genuinely touching.
thirtyhelens
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Second "sorry, Dave, doesn't do it for me" Fincher film. (And I think I liked Panic Room a little more.) It looks absolutely jaw-droppingly gorgeous, of course, and I think it'll probably justify any technical Oscars it wins quite easily. Still... try as I might, it just didn't move me like I think it was intended to. Pitt and Blanchett both give good, if somewhat studious performances, but I had a hard time warming to their relationship; I thought he was much stronger and had a better rapport with Tilda Swinton in their scenes together, which was my favorite bit of the film. Taraji P. Henson is extraordinary, though, big ups to her. (As well as the aforementioned Swinton, and the little-mentioned Jason Flemyng as Benjamin's dad, who is wonderful. Jared Harris gnaws the hell out of all the scenery around him, but he does it with relish and it's fun to watch.)
sleeping_pirate
Grosse Pointe Blank
widowspider
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Feb 3 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Grosse Pointe Blank

Great, great movie.
sleeping_pirate
And it has one of the best soundtracks ever.
maian
Caught the last half an hour of Unbreakable last night. The final reveal still gives me goosebumps.

They called me Mr. Glass...
empathy-with-beast
Really?

I've always thought that that character was an evil version of the magic negro: A sort of evil Ah, Mister Jingles.

I never watch Flash Gordon but I am struck by the incredible bravery of the Hawkmen: attacking that rocket in just their pants they die in droves.
logger
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 3 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I never watch Flash Gordon but I am struck by the incredible bravery of the Hawkmen: attacking that rocket in just their pants they die in droves.

It's a question of who they're most afraid of, Ming or Brian Blessed.
empathy-with-beast
But he's braver than all of them. He basically walks through the laser fire slowly pushing people over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.